• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Redx508

People who play this game are pretty rude. I've gotten kicked out of the final (I think?) Heavensward main dungeon twice in a row for being new. Right at the beginning before we even started lol, and to make it worse it took me like 30mins to find each run.

some people who play this game are rude not all, welcome to online games your always going find that one bad apple

and don't you have to wait like 15mins before someone can vote to kick

Alrus

Yeah I'm going to assume people remember their bad experience much more vividly than the rest, the vast majority (like 99% of the time) of dungeons DF runs are smooth and people are polite and competent enough.

Twister was a 1 sec cast time by twintania iirc prenerf. It was a very ridiculous "you better get it right or else bad shits gonna happen Ala wipe."

Postnerf it's 2 sec cast time which you have plenty of time to react

You had to run in a circle in a super strict pattern to not get hit by them. Only Blue Gartr beat T5 with twisters like that. After they changed them like 4 or 5 groups cleared right away.

Oh wow, less than a second to react sounds nightmarish, especially if you are even a tiny bit laggy :/

"Dodge this invisible thing but don't get too far away from the invisible thing" was a pretty evil genius idea. Where is T5S.

And you couldn't get too far from it either? The hell >.>

some people who play this game are rude not all, welcome to online games your always going find that one bad apple

I don't think so, some guy had to leave for a raid 5 minutes into a dungeon and we voted to kick him.

Sifl

Pretty sure that's just to abandon. I remember just starting a few runs where someone went afk immediately and after like a min or 2 they kicked em.

Omni

People who play this game are pretty rude. I've gotten kicked out of the final (I think?) Heavensward main dungeon twice in a row for being new. Right at the beginning before we even started lol, and to make it worse it took me like 30mins to find each run.
Yup, I'm new to the game (well, relatively at this point) and it was the first thing I noticed too. I make sure to say that I'm new to dungeons and stuff if I haven't done them before but a lot of people act like arseholes

Like just a few minutes ago. I was healing in a dungeon for the first time and had no problems. No one died even on big pulls and most of the time I had everyone capped at full health. But then they start going on about how my i120 gear is trash and I shouldn't be playing dungeons....

Lanrutcon

Yup, I'm new to the game (well, relatively at this point) and it was the first thing I noticed too. I make sure to say that I'm new to dungeons and stuff if I haven't done them before but a lot of people act like arseholes

Like just a few minutes ago. I was healing in a dungeon for the first time and had no problems. No one died even on big pulls and most of the time I had everyone capped at full health. But then they start going on about how my i120 gear is trash and I shouldn't be playing dungeons....

SCH here. Played the entire expansion in my 120s. Ran my first lvl 60 dungeon in white, npc bought gear. Fuck the haters.

Sifl

funny b/c you cant get that through expert so im assuming almost everybody youre running with is new lol. so idk why anybody would kick anybody in that dungeon
2 of the people I'm running with have multiple i170 pieces, so idk lol. I have a few myself cause I didn't meet requirements to do this dungeon.

Alrus

2 of the people I'm running with have multiple i170 pieces, so idk lol. I have a few myself cause I didn't meet requirements to do this dungeon.

These people are just stupid. I'm assuming they ran it for law tomes then, and in that case having a new player is great because you get a bonus for completing it.

Alrus

Hope the fight after the facility isn't too difficult cause I'm going in blind.

It's fun, and it's better to go blind. It's also not very hard so don't worry :)

I really hope they make a hard version of that fight at some point.

Tiops

Take a screen before you enter the dungeon. If you're kicked, report harassment. It works.

Omni

What's the fastest way to level up from 50-60?

I'm only level 51 now but besides the main quests it seems you get very little exp from everything else. I did a lot of dungeons to get from 1-50 but they don't seem to do much now either.

Sifl

I'm only level 51 now but besides the main quests it seems you get very little exp from everything else. I did a lot of dungeons to get from 1-50 but they don't seem to do much now either.
FATE's in the new areas and daily's I guess. I honestly can't imagine going from 50-60 without the main quests.

WolvenOne

Continue doing MSQ's until you unlock the new dungeons. Dusk Vigil is the dungeun you should be running now, and that's in Coerthas Western Highlands, which is gated behind the MSQ.

Alrus

If it's your first character I'd just do as much side quests as I can (some of them are a requisite if you want to fly anyway). Some of them are a bit annoying but I think it's the least boring way to lvl up and it doesn't feel too much like grinding. If you do them all you shouldn't have to actually grind dungeons until lvl 57 or something.

Outside of that, Dusk Vigil is the first dungeon you'll unlock (it might be optional? Quest is in Coerthas Western Highlands) and that's decent xp.

Edit: Hunts when you unlock them (at the Forgotten Knight in Foundation) are also good easy xp.

Ferr986

I had a lot of people leave a Duty when I said I was new, but fuck them, I ended up clearing it anyways.

The community of FFXIV is exactly like others MMO, neither better or worse. Theres awesome people and idiots.

WolvenOne

I'm guessing that the long broadcast coming up would be too soon for the 3.1 trailer, unless it's coming way sooner than we're all expecting. Still, y'all think they're going to start showing 3.1 stuff then?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

Don't let it get you down. There'll be unpleasant pricks in any online community. On the whole, I'd say that FFXIV is leaps and bounds better than a lot of MMORPGs. Back when I played WoW, the toxicity level was through the roof compared to what I've seen here. The vast majority of DF runs I've done have been pretty good with people either joking around or not saying a word.

If it is a problem, though, maybe ask in your FC if people want to run stuff with you? That happens in mine quite a lot where a lot of EX and leveling runs are handled internally in part so folks can avoid potentially toxic players, and also simply because it's fun to run stuff with FC members.

WolvenOne

We'll probably see some teasers of future content considering it's an anniversary stream.

Hope so, there's still plenty to do, but I'm starting to feel the itch for new content. New dungeons, new story, and the Relic Quest.

Really itching to start work on the next relic.

I had a lot of people leave a Duty when I said I was new, but fuck them, I ended up clearing it anyways.

The community of FFXIV is exactly like others MMO, neither better or worse. Theres awesome people and idiots.

Indeed, it's the hard truth. I started playing monk and was kicked out of a dungeon once because they wanted to speedrun it.

I have my share of mistakes though, I spaz out once in a while so I fumble my rotation a bit. Also last night for the first time on a roulette, I fell down the cliff in Darkhold trying to get behind the mob because our tank wasn't positioning them where I could DPS effectively. Had to die and start from the beginning, but noticed our tank died during that moment and AFKed at the start.

Well after a few minutes we had to kick him, waited for a tank as we slowly continued on the dungeon. We've decided me, the MCH and the SCh (I think) went on and finished the dungeon by ourselves. Never thought I'd tank on MNK and it's a nice confidence booster considering the fumble I made earlier.

Sifl

Don't let it get you down. There'll be unpleasant pricks in any online community. On the whole, I'd say that FFXIV is leaps and bounds better than a lot of MMORPGs. Back when I played WoW, the toxicity level was through the roof compared to what I've seen here. The vast majority of DF runs I've done have been pretty good with people either joking around or not saying a word.

If it is a problem, though, maybe ask in your FC if people want to run stuff with you? That happens in mine quite a lot where a lot of EX and leveling runs are handled internally in part so folks can avoid potentially toxic players, and also simply because it's fun to run stuff with FC members.
I never accept my fc invites, so I don't have one. The worst duty finder experience I had was a Vault run. I was admittedly playing pretty half assed, mainly against the common trash. The other 3 ppl were together, and they started criticizing my dps, said they were parsing(?) the groups dps and I was playing bad. They started telling me what to do, and I basically told them no and got kicked right after the 1st boss.

I never accept my fc invites, so I don't have one. The worst duty finder experience I had was a Vault run. I was admittedly playing pretty half assed, mainly against the common trash. The other 3 ppl were together, and they started criticizing my dps, said they were parsing(?) the groups dps and I was playing bad. They started telling me what to do, and I basically told them no and got kicked right after the 1st boss.

you can get them banned or at least sent to gm jail if they were parsing if you screenshotted the chat

Ken

We'll probably see some teasers of future content considering it's an anniversary stream.

iWW4m8qi23NRW.png

ihRyEO0XOYKLi.png

Baleoce

The weirdest thing.. I have Farshot unlocked for BRD in PvP, and the ability fires off just fine if you use the dedicated hotbar ability. But as soon as you try to use it as part of a macro for whatever reason it fails, so:

/ac "Farshot" <t>

It just says ["Farshot" is not a valid action name]. And this is when I'm inside PvP, or in the Wolves' Den trying to test it out.

Truth is, playing on controller, I just pair it with Sidewinder to use it as a buffed oGDC "delete" button when I see someone dotted getting low on health. No idea why it won't work. I've retyped it a few times incase formatting was the culprit, but that's not it.

Zomba13

To be fair, if I was running with someone and gave them advice on what to do and they refused I'd likely kick them too. They may have been dicks about it parsing and saying you suck but if they offered advice that improved your playing and also helped them then it might've been best to listen. Like, as a dps you can be replaced like that *imagine I'm snapping my fingers here*, at least they gave you some advice (or instructions, or commands) on how to improve before shoving you out and getting an instant replacement.

I'm usually against all the elitism that goes on but if a player is given advice or instructions that makes things better for them and the rest of the party and refuses to listen then I completely understand kicking.

Alrus

Hmm, I'm not sure I'm going to show any compassion there. While the way they went about it is super dickish, they gave you advice on how to improve and you pretty much told them to sod off, which is also kind of dickish.

Also find a FC that corresponds to you, and apply for it. The game will be much more fun when you have people to interact with besides DF people. Don't join a random unrequited FC invite.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I have the perfect first step for the relic. Purchase this item for 50 hive totems.

I'd enjoy it if the first step involved killing Ravana, Bismarck and whatever the third primal in the set is. Kinda like the original relic really.

iammeiam

I think 2.5 did something very, very bad to me mentally. There is a very real possibility I'll do multiple relics this time.... And it might be kind of fun.

Pls help

Sifl

To be fair, if I was running with someone and gave them advice on what to do and they refused I'd likely kick them too. They may have been dicks about it parsing and saying you suck but if they offered advice that improved your playing and also helped them then it might've been best to listen. Like, as a dps you can be replaced like that *imagine I'm snapping my fingers here*, at least they gave you some advice (or instructions, or commands) on how to improve before shoving you out and getting an instant replacement.

I'm usually against all the elitism that goes on but if a player is given advice or instructions that makes things better for them and the rest of the party and refuses to listen then I completely understand kicking.

Hmm, I'm not sure I'm going to show any compassion there. While the way they went about it is super dickish, they gave you advice on how to improve and you pretty much told them to sod off, which is also kind of dickish.

Also find a FC that corresponds to you, and apply for it. The game will be much more fun when you have people to interact with besides DF people. Don't join a random unrequited FC invite.
Don't have to agree with me, it's all good. From my perspective it wasn't really advice giving. The thing that got me kicked was they said they were gonna pull everything to the end of the area, and that I should apply disembowl to everything then constantly rotate over and over so our bard could do more dmg, and i just got fed up with them. I understood why they were saying what they were, they were just being rude so I didn't feel like listening.

scy

I think 2.5 did something very, very bad to me mentally. There is a very real possibility I'll do multiple relics this time.... And it might be kind of fun.

Pls help

This is hands down proof that I am a terrible influence on people.

look on the bright side, I'll end up doing like 12 of them so it'll work itself out somehow

iammeiam

This is hands down proof that I am a terrible influence on people.

look on the bright side, I'll end up doing like 12 of them so it'll work itself out somehow

THAT IS NOT HOW BRIGHT SIDES WORK.

brb adding to all blacklists and ignores.

SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED.

Alrus

So I have a question about A4. Is it possible to not have the Perpetual Rays hit random party members? I'm guessing it is but every time I've done it (even with people who knew what they were doing), it seems to go off randomly on people and they sometime dies if they're soaking balls at the same time.

Probably has something to do with threat I guess.

Top Bottom