• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

IvorB

It's not that it's long or anything, it's just not fun. All of the bosses there are basically anti-BLM. The first boss continually phases out, and you need to run/track him down [which will likely cause Enochian to fall off]. The second boss, unless you're allowed to be lazy and let everyone else move the totems out of the AOE, is just as frustrating, although you can plan around it to keep Enochian up [you probably won't be able to do your full rotations, though].]

The first boss really annoys me because you have to go looking for him and when I find him I find it quite fiddly to target him in that little bubble. So even if I get there in time to save the Enochian it can still f**k up. I quite like the last boss though as I think it's a good fight overall.

chrono01

The first boss really annoys me because you have to go looking for him and when I find him I find it quite fiddly to target him in that little bubble. So even if I get there in time to save the Enochian it can still f**k up. I quite like the last boss though as I think it's a good fight overall.
Yeah. :(

You can sometimes get lucky and find him right away. Other times, though, it takes a while to find him, and even with a Swiftcast Blizzard IV it can be difficult do find him in time. And even if you do, staying within the bubble can be frustrating, especially with the AOE circles he places in it. As for the final boss, you're probably one of the few who enjoy it, but I'm glad for you. I wish I could find some pleasure in it.

That feel when the rest of the party wipes in a dungeon and you clutch the last boss by yourself.

currydance2.gif

Doin my best to rep the team Bard as the best job.

Lanrutcon

i'm also trying to beat witcher 3 so i just log in and do expert and trial roulette on my main and leveling roulette on my pld and then log out, so i spend maybe 2 and a half hours a day playing instead of staying up until 3am playing it

also have gotten neverreap everyday on my ex roulette and i never want to see it again. at least i feel like a cool guy being able to tank the final boss since the tanks keep dcing during the fight

Same. Need some new 60 content that isn't disgustingly hard/unfun.

You can sometimes get lucky and find him right away. Other times, though, it takes a while to find him, and even with a Swiftcast Blizzard IV it can be difficult do find him in time. And even if you do, staying within the bubble can be frustrating, especially with the AOE circles he places in it. As for the final boss, you're probably one of the few who enjoy it, but I'm glad for you. I wish I could find some pleasure in it.

ive had the 2nd boss be stuck in an infinite loop of summoning adds while we kill them b/c there were so many

anyasok

Neophyte
After finishing HW (I started a month ago from scratch), I really have no motivation to pretty much do anything else. Tinkered around with the other classes (DoW, DoM, DoH, Extras) but nothing that would make me stay. Only the story kept me going.

Capped out on esoterics this week and on Alex which leaves me pretty much with nothing until Tuesday. I know I am in the minority here, but I will probably unsub once I hit i190 (or i200 with esos) and resub when new content lands.

The way I see it, they need to raise the weekly ESO cap (make it at least 1000) and make Alex loot eligible for at least 2 playthroughs for each floor

e90Mark

I just got this game after getting the MMO bug back and not being that happy with ESO.

Coincidentally ended up on Ultros as it was the only server open during character creation. Two days in so far, and I like it a lot more than ESO for sure.

Can't even stress how quality the post-2.0 content has been. Especially 2.4 and 2.5.

Just finished
the fight against Nabriales and it was a pretty awesome fight. And the music has only gotten better as well.

Excited to see if I can make it to HW before my sub runs out.

IvorB

I guess it's the masochist in me that likes that fight ha ha! Though the last time I did it I actually got knocked off the platform which was pretty embarrassing. He did the move right in the middle and I guess I didn't stack up close enough. :-(

Just got back into this. I have a level 50 Paladin and not much of anything else. Left pretty early maybe 2.1 or so , got to ilvl76. I got all this story to go through which is awesome. Realized that if a dungeon wasn't story required I never did it as in I just did Qarn for the first time.

Getting all this darklight gear handed to me after doing stuff to buy it is pretty funny.
Won 10k on my first mini jackpot, then not so good on the 2nd and 3rd haha.

Really enjoying for the 6 hours I messed around with today. I need to figure out what to do daily wise to best spend my time. Leveling Duty and Main Scenario Duty and Slphy quests for that big goofy mount seem like the way to go.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
After finishing HW (I started a month ago from scratch), I really have no motivation to pretty much do anything else. Tinkered around with the other classes (DoW, DoM, DoH, Extras) but nothing that would make me stay. Only the story kept me going.

Capped out on esoterics this week and on Alex which leaves me pretty much with nothing until Tuesday. I know I am in the minority here, but I will probably unsub once I hit i190 (or i200 with esos) and resub when new content lands.

The way I see it, they need to raise the weekly ESO cap (make it at least 1000) and make Alex loot eligible for at least 2 playthroughs for each floor
Making it faster to get loot would only make it easier to reach the point where there's nothing to do if you're only maining one class and have 0 interest in Savage before it hits DF.

Maybe I'm weird, but I like Neverreap. It's quite fun and silly (especially that last fight). I wonder if it's because I main DRG/WAR and not a Disciple of Magic?

Squishy3

Maybe I'm weird, but I like Neverreap. It's quite fun and silly (especially that last fight). I wonder if it's because I main DRG/WAR and not a Disciple of Magic?
I don't hate it, it's just dreadfully boring and it'd be nice if roulette decided to toss me fractal instead of giving me Neverreap 4 times in a row.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Don't know what happened with Frontline Immortal Flames, but they went full CoD the past few days on Seal Rock. I'm considering transferring to Maelstrom. >_>

Guess Who

Banned

I like it as a healer because it's less stressful than healing Fractal. Almost two months and people still can't handle the last boss.

SkyOdin

You know... I prefer Fractal over Neverreap, but I don't know exactly why. I guess Neverreap just somehow feels longer. I guess it is because Fractal has more varied encounters and more exciting music. It just feels slightly more threatening too, which makes it feel more exciting.

Also, Neverreap has those damn Vespes. I hate those things. Why do there have to be so many bees in this game, and why is my character so allergic to them?

Don't know what happened with Frontline Immortal Flames, but they went full CoD the past few days on Seal Rock. I'm considering transferring to Maelstrom. >_>

Are you on the aether data center? The same is happening here as well. Its not as bad past prime time, but during? I think it was me and maybe 6 others watching for call outs and trying to cap points. I blame slaughter for pushing the mindset. It was never this bad when secure was the only front line.

Primal Immortal Flames are pretty bad, I commend those who can get wins with them because I'm really really lucky to get a win. Close to 30 matches this week and only 3 wins to show for it...

Walpurgis

Banned
I queued for Frontlines level 50 as a healer for like an hour before I had to get off and got nothing. I queued for like 40 minutes on a separate occasion and no results. I remember that queues were already rough a year ago. So is Frontlines level 50 just dead?

I queued for Frontlines level 50 as a healer for like an hour before I had to get off and got nothing. I queued for like 40 minutes on a separate occasion and no results. I remember that queues were already rough a year ago. So is Frontlines level 50 just dead?

yea b/c seal rock is lvl 60

Tabris

Gotta admit, Immortal Flames is reeking it up royally. I really, REALLY don't get it.

I find the opposite, but let's be real - there's so many matches going, a lot with random players just trying to get their Eso capped, that there's no real pattern. It's all in your head and/or your experiences. It's not like original frontline or wolves den, which had a smaller community. Most players are playing Seal Rock right now. A lot are playing casually. So it's really random what kind of group you get unless one of the GCs has a premade going on.

The one benefit Immortal Flames seems to have is faster queues though.

WolvenOne

Part of it is ending up in Flames alliances that only have 2 healers for 24 players. That doesn't work out too well in any sort of mass fight.

That happens, it's not a game breaker if everyone plays well. Bigger problems tend to be things like, people trying to go for kills off on their own, people abandoning nodes early while the rest of the alliance is fighting, or people just plain spreading out way too far and then taking forever to get to where they need to be.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Are you on the aether data center? The same is happening here as well. Its not as bad past prime time, but during? I think it was me and maybe 6 others watching for call outs and trying to cap points. I blame slaughter for pushing the mindset. It was never this bad when secure was the only front line.
I'm on Primal, it seemingly(for me anyway) only got bad this week. I got into it not that long ago and the Flames were generally following the objective aside from the odd straggler, but now it's just gotten out of control with entire Alliances charging.
Primal Immortal Flames are pretty bad, I commend those who can get wins with them because I'm really really lucky to get a win. Close to 30 matches this week and only 3 wins to show for it...
Yeah, here's my scoreboard:

EhpQ2Le.png

Part of it is ending up in Flames alliances that only have 2 healers for 24 players. That doesn't work out too well in any sort of mass fight.
This is part of the reason why I'm getting my WHM up to 60 now.

I can understand why folks don't like to go heals in pvp because other than smn's, you're the number one person to kill first and who likes that. I figure there is a large group who hear that Flames have short queues and join so they can get quick esoterics. Many of my games result in everyone scattered all over the map and not listening to directions. Oh and kicking people who try to lead, I see that quite a bit.

IvorB

You know... I prefer Fractal over Neverreap, but I don't know exactly why. I guess Neverreap just somehow feels longer. I guess it is because Fractal has more varied encounters and more exciting music. It just feels slightly more threatening too, which makes it feel more exciting.

Also, Neverreap has those damn Vespes. I hate those things. Why do there have to be so many bees in this game, and why is my character so allergic to them?

I really like Fractal a lot. But this means it's been my go to dungeon for everything and so now I appreciate Nevereap because it's a change of scenery.

Being a healer in PvP is awful. I hadn't played PvP since it came out cause I hated the way it felt as a healer.

Once I got to 60 I decided to give Seal Rock a try to see what it was like. Went in as a AST and I distinctly remember at one point three Flame Warriors each used Holmgang on me in succession and I thought to myself "Wow... I don't know what I expected." It is no fun once you realize that the class you are playing has "Kick my ass as hard as you possibly can." sign on it. Watching people ignore your tank smacking them just so that they can beat the hell out of you is an amazing and fearful sight.

suzu

I only do the daily PvP roulette sometimes. Flames will either be dominating or utter garbage. But it usually goes better if someone tries to lead.

Lagamorph

Anyone got any crafting tips? The crafting system is one of my biggest issues in this game and is why most of my crafting classes are only level 5-10, except weaver which is still only 25.

Now I don't mean the process of crafting itself, I love that it's more involved than just 'press button, get item'. No, my problem is that you have to have crafting materials in your personal inventory to use them.
Because of this, and the fact that there is such a huge range of materials, it takes me 10-15 minutes to get them from my retainer, then I'll spend maybe 5 minutes at most crafting before I either run out of a material or find I need a new one for a new recipe. This problem is made worse by many materials being multi-class, so it's nearly impossible to know just by looking if you'll need a material or not, so you just grab what you think you might need until your inventory is full. And ontop of that the retainer inventory doesn't have any option for automated sorting by material type as far as I'm aware, and it would take a ridiculously long time to sort them manually, as well as being a constant process when you get new materials.

The game really needs a system like WoW or ToR where crafting can make use of items in your bank, as well as your personal inventory. At the moment the crafting just feels so....clunky. It really just isn't fun due to the restrictions with material access.

Audioboxer

Almost level 49 now.

Managed to snag another TT card. 59 cards now, eeek. Got one from one of the new NPCs in Old Gridania. Drop rates are pretty low on these new guys.

Just seen last night Summoner's tend to be flavour of the week right now ;( I swear I chose that class back when ARR first came out! Just felt a caster would be easier on a DS4. Think I'll try a healer next. I like healing, but I worry I'll suck and will find it hard on the PS4. Most of my experience comes from a trillion hours playing medic on TFC/TF2 :p

IvorB

So I know everybody is saying this is a dead game but I was in Northern Thanalan last night and I swear it's like a war zone:

I think the wary merchant is in pretty safe hands. I even made a vid of it. I remember when this area was pretty much deserted.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
So I know everybody is saying this is a dead game but I was in Northern Thanalan last night and I swear it's like a war zone:

I think the wary merchant is in pretty safe hands. I even made a vid of it. I remember when this area was pretty much deserted.

The game is in a permanent state of death, reality just sometimes disagrees.

Valor

Anyone got any crafting tips? The crafting system is one of my biggest issues in this game and is why most of my crafting classes are only level 5-10, except weaver which is still only 25.

Because of this, and the fact that there is such a huge range of materials, it takes me 10-15 minutes to get them from my retainer, then I'll spend maybe 5 minutes at most crafting before I either run out of a material or find I need a new one for a new recipe. This problem is made worse by many materials being multi-class, so it's nearly impossible to know just by looking if you'll need a material or not, so you just grab what you think you might need until your inventory is full.
I mean you have 100 inventory spaces on your person. I think you should pick one craft and level it fully then do another and do the same. This way you aren't sitting around with skins, cloth, and foodstuffs crowding your inventory at once. Just one or the other or the other other. Honestly, I don't know how one's inventory would be full if you don't do crafting, since a good 50 items on me at any one time are crafting items I'm too lazy to deposit.

Secondly, decide how you want to progress with leveling. Most people use turn in levequests. Find one around your level whose recipe doesn't suck shit and focus on collecting materials to create that turn in item. Make a bunch of them and spam the leve. Inventory clear, experience gained, no waste and no running around.

Or be completely insane like me and calculate how many turn ins you need to do to reach your target level and purchase just enough materials and create just enough items to turn them all in. There are several good crafter leveling guides out there, so the idea is that you don't need materials to make -everything-, you just pick a few things you are going to spam to level and concentrate on getting those materials.

It's easy to get overwhelmed, so the best thing to do, really, is to not get overwhelmed and keep things manageable.

Lagamorph

Even picking just one craft to level, the issue is knowing which materials you need and which you don't. Even for weaving you can need cloth, leather and metal at least, but with no clear indication of which, so you have to trawl through two retainer inventories for all of each.

Chat on the right of the screen? What mockery is this?

Alrus

Just seen last night Summoner's tend to be flavour of the week right now ;( I swear I chose that class back when ARR first came out! Just felt a caster would be easier on a DS4. Think I'll try a healer next. I like healing, but I worry I'll suck and will find it hard on the PS4. Most of my experience comes from a trillion hours playing medic on TFC/TF2 :p

You're in luck if you want to try a healer, lvl a SMN to 60 also means your SCH will be 60.

Also pretty much all classes get to be "in" at some point in the game life, don't worry about it.

iammeiam

So before I get too far leveling one or the other, which is the better tank? Warrior or Paladin.

This will always be the wrong question; the right question is always going to be which you enjoy more because balance tweaks can happen at any time and completely flip things around.

At the moment, WAR is going to just have more openings in general because they're in a really good spot right now and you pretty much always want one in an 8-man. PLD/WAR and DRK/WAR are both really solid raid pairings, and there's a reason DRK and PLD swap out for A1S/A2S was a thing while WAR was a constant. At the same time, double WAR (while workable) isn't really the popular comp so the other tanks are still valued.

Alternate answer: WAR. Triple Fell Cleave OP

Top Bottom