• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Audioboxer

You're in luck if you want to try a healer, lvl a SMN to 60 also means your SCH will be 60.

Also pretty much all classes get to be "in" at some point in the game life, don't worry about it.

Yeah, that's true. I just play what I enjoy and do my best to be competent for parties. Don't really care about topping any sort of leaderboard.

just played with some guy called lalafel masterrace. i think this game is dead, yes it is.

So before I get too far leveling one or the other, which is the better tank? Warrior or Paladin.

play whatever looks better to you. don't be that guy playing the flavour of the month class. you can always level both.

docbon

Game is so dead that I leave it in windowed mode so I can play other games while waiting for chysahl node pops. R I P.

BTW when are we going to openly collude and get this road-to-50 wolves den premade going?

scy

How much DPS summoners are hitting with their i200 weapon?

In what context? i200 Body+i210 Ring instead of weapon here and I'd ballpark 1000-ish as my minimum for A1S. 3m Dummy parse should be in the close to 1100+ range without party, food, etc.

Tiops

In what context? i200 Body+i210 Ring instead of weapon here and I'd ballpark 1000-ish as my minimum for A1S. 3m Dummy parse should be in the close to 1100+ range without party, food, etc.
1100 without food and pots? That's interesting. 2 Painflares + 1 Fester opener?

Leunam

It fucking happened. Ran across a level 53 Conjurer in Ravana. I thought I'd never see the day but the roulette has blessed me.

thefil

My girlfriend and I are both addicted. Played 8-12 hours a day over the weekend. My FC is trying to get EX Titan down (lots of us haven't reached HW content yet). HUGE difficulty jump over EX Garuda. I finally managed to go an hour of attempts without falling once, but if anyone is slightly off or gets a bit of latency, it's all over...

Is EX Ifrit so unforgiving?

My girlfriend and I are both addicted. Played 8-12 hours a day over the weekend. My FC is trying to get EX Titan down (lots of us haven't reached HW content yet). HUGE difficulty jump over EX Garuda. I finally managed to go an hour of attempts without falling once, but if anyone is slightly off or gets a bit of latency, it's all over...

Ifrit is a chump, there's a little time to get used to the timings with the healers but other than that it's easy as hell. Titan is the only real challenge out of the 3.

Sorian

Banned

pWZ-hg.jpg

Cool to see someone still tackling this content in a bubble, so used to seeing level 60s jjst smashing the ex primals for ponies.

xezuru

About what level do you think you can tackle entry Savage tiers? Literally just started catching up from 2.0 content last week and next reset I should atleast be 185. Static finding is the worst.

About what level do you think you can tackle entry Savage tiers? Literally just started catching up from 2.0 content last week and next reset I should atleast be 185. Static finding is the worst.

185 would probably be enough for a static, as long as you have a 200weapon. If you don't, it'll be harder I think. Takes 3 weeks to get, not sure how long you've been farming eso but yeah that's the big limiter.

Leunam

Cool to see someone still tackling this content in a bubble, so used to seeing level 60s jjst smashing the ex primals for ponies.

Our FC cleared turn 1 and got turn 2 to 1% last night synced down to 50. We're trying to get a taste of every bit of content we can do as a group since many of them aren't in Heavensward yet.

thefil

Our FC cleared turn 1 and got turn 2 to 1% last night synced down to 50. We're trying to get a taste of every bit of content we can do as a group since many of them aren't in Heavensward yet.

I'm hopeful my FC can do Coil soon. I tried to queue for it on the weekend and went 2 hours without finding a group...

Just wanna get whatever plot is in there. Crystal Tower was surprisingly important-seeming.

WolvenOne

About a week shy of hitting month two of 3.0. Game isn't dead, but for the people whom are at the edge of progression, news about 3.1 would be welcome.

suzu

Anyone got any crafting tips? The crafting system is one of my biggest issues in this game and is why most of my crafting classes are only level 5-10, except weaver which is still only 25.

Now I don't mean the process of crafting itself, I love that it's more involved than just 'press button, get item'. No, my problem is that you have to have crafting materials in your personal inventory to use them.
Because of this, and the fact that there is such a huge range of materials, it takes me 10-15 minutes to get them from my retainer, then I'll spend maybe 5 minutes at most crafting before I either run out of a material or find I need a new one for a new recipe. This problem is made worse by many materials being multi-class, so it's nearly impossible to know just by looking if you'll need a material or not, so you just grab what you think you might need until your inventory is full. And ontop of that the retainer inventory doesn't have any option for automated sorting by material type as far as I'm aware, and it would take a ridiculously long time to sort them manually, as well as being a constant process when you get new materials.

The game really needs a system like WoW or ToR where crafting can make use of items in your bank, as well as your personal inventory. At the moment the crafting just feels so....clunky. It really just isn't fun due to the restrictions with material access.

Make use of the grand company turn-ins, levequests, ixali beastmen daily quests, and this site. http://ffxivcrafting.com/

Also, I'd suggest leveling the gatherer classes first. There's this crafter/gatherer guide from 2.5 but, I think it may still be useful for lvl 1-50.

iammeiam

There are proper ways to leave a group. And then there are shitty ways to leave a group

Man. You had to know posting this was going to start whispering and LS discussions and whatnot. At least give us a hint as to who!

About a week shy of hitting month two of 3.0. Game isn't dead, but for the people whom are at the edge of progression, news about 3.1 would be welcome.

3.1 isn't going to have much for progression, though, since next endgame raid will be 3.2. I mean, Savage has a lot of life left in it yet. Still no A4S, and this next lockout cycle will make Savage's 4th. If it's taking Lucrezia, Elysium, etc this long I see it being a struggle for the rest of us when we get there.

3.1 should be a good filler patch, though--relic, the 24-man, hopefully a bunch of crafting stuff. Odd numbered patches are usually good at fleshing out the casual/"other" stuff, which HW really really needs.

Sorian

Banned

I wouldn't hold your breath too much. This delayed released thing means that they can effectively say that 3.0 didn't release until 7/21. I believe they will still stick with their 3 month content cycle but they need breathing room around an expac release and I bet this delayed content drop will give them an excuse to make.

3.1 should be a good filler patch, though--relic, the 24-man, hopefully a bunch of crafting stuff. Odd numbered patches are usually good at fleshing out the casual/"other" stuff, which HW really really needs.

Plus more gold saucer stuff!

*expects delays*

This bet is going to suck, finally took the plunge on my thav bustier and Elysium will probably clear tomorrow or something stupid

WolvenOne

In other news, somebody worked out the formula the game is currently using to tabulate Skillspeed/Spellspeed, and how it affects GCD. Seems you need roughly 1500SS in order to get your GCD down to about 2 seconds.

Document

I wonder just how practical it'd be to actually GET to that point?

Sorian

Banned
IIRC When 2.0 launched there was both a GAF FC and a LS. Is that still the case?

On ultros?

Still have the big GAF fc and we've kind of created linkshells over time that had purpose at one point but just turned into separate hang out zones. I'm in at least 2 GAF LS, maybe a third too, can't remember now.

thefil

On ultros?

Still have the big GAF fc and we've kind of created linkshells over time that had purpose at one point but just turned into separate hang out zones. I'm in at least 2 GAF LS, maybe a third too, can't remember now.

Yeah, Ultros. I was interested in joining a LS maybe but right now my newbie bubble FC is too good to leave.

WolvenOne

3.1 isn't going to have much for progression, though, since next endgame raid will be 3.2. I mean, Savage has a lot of life left in it yet. Still no A4S, and this next lockout cycle will make Savage's 4th. If it's taking Lucrezia, Elysium, etc this long I see it being a struggle for the rest of us when we get there.

Agreed, unless they change up the formula 3.1 isn't going to contain much for the bleeding edge progression types. Also I'll probably still be working on A4S at that point, heck, possibly. I hope not but considering how close it was for the progression groups it's possible it could take awhile for my group to beat it.

So for most players, what they'll be needing is more casual content to work on between bigger challenges. 3.1 should be great for that.

I wouldn't hold your breath too much. This delayed released thing means that they can effectively say that 3.0 didn't release until 7/21. I believe they will still stick with their 3 month content cycle but they need breathing room around an expac release and I bet this delayed content drop will give them an excuse to make.

Plus more gold saucer stuff!

*expects delays*

Well, 2.1 took four months, but it also contained housing, PVP, the 24 man raid, two HM primals, three dungeons, three extreme primals, beastman dailies and the first Hilidbrand quest. I think it was easily the biggest patch of the 2.X lifecycle, and I somehow doubt 3.1 will be quite as big.

Still, four months max, so worst case scenario we'll be halfway there soon. So we should start seeing some tidbits about 3.1 sometime this month regardless.

PS: This is what I'm expecting for 3.1

24 Man Raid.
New Beastman Dailies
New Recipes
One Extreme Trial, two max.
New Relic Line
New Gold Saucer stuff
Hunt Relevance Update
New Dungeons

Maybe's

Expanded airship exploration
Trials related to the relic line
Ishgard Housing, maaaaaaybe
Hildibrand pls?

PPS:

Totally new features likely take a LOT more resources to implement, than updated versions of old features. For example, the first 24 man raid probably took vastly more resources to put together than the subsequent 24 mans, simply because the first would've required them to figure out alliances, experiment with balances, basic mechanics, etc etc etc. So new beastmen dailies, 24 man raids, housing zones, etc, probably take less time to put together now than the first versions did back in 2.1.

Alrus

I'd be excited for 3.1 even if there wasn't a 24 man content in it just because it would mean never having to run Neverreap again. That dungeon is more boring than Sastasha Hard :/ (Seriously the lvl 60 dungeons are kind of meh compared to Vault and Gubal :( )

Sorian

Banned
PS: This is what I'm expecting for 3.1

24 Man Raid.
New Beastman Dailies
New Recipes
One Extreme Trial, two max.
New Relic Line
New Gold Saucer stuff
Hunt Relevance Update
New Dungeons

Maybe's

Expanded airship exploration
Trials related to the relic line
Ishgard Housing, maaaaaaybe
Hildibrand pls?

Switch Hunt Relevance to maybe and put expanded airship exploration into the expected column and you'd be closer to correct I'd bet. Hildibrand will, for sure, be there too

WolvenOne

Switch Hunt Relevance to maybe and put expanded airship exploration into the expected column and you'd be closer to correct I'd bet. Hildibrand will, for sure, be there too

I'd be shocked if they didn't add some additional items to buy with Centurio Seals, even if they were only more minions, materials, or something. I also wouldn't be shocked if they attached at least one of the upgrade items to Hunts, such as the items needed to upgrade accessories.

Hilibrand is somewhat likely, expanded airship exploration is likely as well, they just aren't totally safe bets.

iammeiam

Seriously the lvl 60 dungeons are kind of meh compared to Vault and Gubal :( )

...what? After the first run, The Vault is basically Unisom in dungeon form until the last boss. Something about the architecture, lighting, and enemies just knocks me out.

Where is my Sohm Al Hard tho. Extreme ice-sprite baiting!

WolvenOne

On the subject of dungeons. I expect one to be an HM version of one of the original lvl50 dungeons introduced in 2.X, such as Pharos Sirius, one to be an HM of one of the Heavensward leveling dungeons, and one to be entirely new.

PS: I don't really get the Neverreap hate. The Tornado's are kinda annoying, but the place really isn't any longer than Fractal, and most the bosses/pulls are pretty easy. Only part you really need to be careful on is the pulls with the Bee's, seeing as if you pull too much the DPS might not be able to get the Bee's down before Final Sting. With sufficiently good DPS or smart pulling however, that part's still easy.

Allard

On the subject of dungeons. I expect one to be an HM version of one of the original lvl50 dungeons introduced in 2.X, such as Pharos Sirius, one to be an HM of one of the Heavensward leveling dungeons, and one to be entirely new.

Can't remember where I saw it but I thought they said they were done with creating HM dungeons of the 2.0 content, and this was after them stating they were not planning to redo the rest of the original 1.0 content dungeons. Not against an HM version of those dungeons mind you. I'd also like to see them introduce dungeons outside of the new heavensward areas too, and not just HM variants alongside new stuff/HM from the heavensward leveling dungeons. For instance a new Nymian Dungeon, New dungeons in Thanalan, or maybe the missing dungeon in North Shroud that has an entrance but nothing to enter.

I'm also trying to figure out just where new dungeons could be added in the new areas, I went searching for potential places one day and only found like 2-3 potential places. There is a weird door/isolated section in the east most area of Dravanian Forelands, we could have a new dungeon inside the newly crashed imperial ship in Azys Lla, definitely have what looks like another dungeon entrance under the Warring Triad statues from the otherside. They could go the route of Skullbreaker and just make a dungeon entrance via ship to a place we can't see yet too. Also I wouldn't mind a dungeon similar to the sealed cave in Dravanian Forelands, or a mystical cave of some kind in the Dravanian Hinterlands. I'm at a loss though on potential dungeon spots in Western Coerthas though.

WolvenOne

Can't remember where I saw it but I thought they said they were done with creating HM dungeons of the 2.0 content, and this was after them stating they were not planning to redo the rest of the original 1.0 content dungeons. Not against an HM version of those dungeons mind you. I'd also like to see them introduce dungeons outside of the new heavensward areas too, and not just HM variants alongside new stuff/HM from the heavensward leveling dungeons. For instance a new Nymian Dungeon, New dungeons in Thanalan, or maybe the missing dungeon in North Shroud that has an entrance but nothing to enter.

I'm also trying to figure out just where new dungeons could be added in the new areas, I went searching for potential places one day and only found like 2-3 potential places. There is a weird door/isolated section in the east most area of Dravanian Forelands, we could have a new dungeon inside the newly crashed imperial ship in Azys Lla, definitely have what looks like another dungeon entrance under the Warring Triad statues from the otherside. They could go the route of Skullbreaker and just make a dungeon entrance via ship to a place we can't see yet too. Also I wouldn't mind a dungeon similar to the sealed cave in Dravanian Forelands, or a mystical cave of some kind in the Dravanian Hinterlands. I'm at a loss though on potential dungeon spots in Western Coerthas though.

There's a gated off area in Western Coerthas that looks like it leads to an abandoned town. I wouldn't be surprised to see an frozen outdoor dungeon at some point.

As for your earlier point. I believe you are referring to a statement that was referring to Aurum Vale and Dzmeal Darkholde, and why those wouldn't be getting an HM mode. Every other dungeon is designed to have alternate paths through it, to accommodate an HM version. So hopefully that means we indeed get HM versions of places like Lost City, Hullbreaker, etc.

PS: There's still a few 2.0 area dungeons I'd like to see. Specifically, the Flying City of Nym. We need a flying city dungeon, and more Tonberries.

tried some healing in.....titan hm. i didn't think it was possible, but that totally felt like early titan hm. cleared it with 3 or 4 people standing. it was amazing and actually fun. i miss early titan clusterfucks.

also how many wow players actually switched to XIV. it feels like i'm truly helping total newcomers out in these roulettes recently....

It fucking happened. Ran across a level 53 Conjurer in Ravana. I thought I'd never see the day but the roulette has blessed me.

i think this answers my question.

Top Bottom