• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

A2S down.

2PSjZKz.jpg

That PLD Glamour.

Silav101

New player, here - 52pally. Loving this game. Combat system felt reallllllyyyyy slow in the beginning, compared to other mmo's but it got better past level 40 heh. Would be great if you could get your tier 3 combo finisher before 26, and half a second off the GCD would be great, however.

Sastasha Hard as a noobie group (all of the DF group went in blind) can eat a tanker full of containers full of bags of dicks. Disgusting. Lost City of Amdapor is amazeballs, as is Snowcloak.

Almost at Heavensward content. I can taste it!

Ken

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Aug. 10)
The following issues have been addressed:

An issue wherein the materials obtained and the chance to obtain the materials from desynthesis were not correct for the following items:
Lungfish / Dragon's Soul / Stupendemys / Vampiric Tapestry / Storm Rider / Berserker Betta

An issue wherein the chance to obtain materials from desynthesis were not correct for the following items:
Sky Sweeper / Cobrafish / Loosetongue

------

I wonder if the Dusk Leather from fish was real?

Critical Elk

Neo Member
FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Aug. 10)
The following issues have been addressed:

An issue wherein the materials obtained and the chance to obtain the materials from desynthesis were not correct for the following items:
Lungfish / Dragon's Soul / Stupendemys / Vampiric Tapestry / Storm Rider / Berserker Betta

An issue wherein the chance to obtain materials from desynthesis were not correct for the following items:
Sky Sweeper / Cobrafish / Loosetongue

------

I wonder if the Dusk Leather from fish was real?

Someone call Haman.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I hope you like fish.

EDIT: This year's Moonfire sucks compared to last year's. New swimsuits are pretty passable as well. Not even a title!

Aselith

Selling those battered fish for 1000 gold each an I think I'm gonna have to raise prices as the poptatos are like 1000 now that I bought the lower priced stock. If you need money and have a stock of potatos now is your time!

Edit Ok the popotato famine is real. They're already up to 2000 each lol

Zhao_Yun

So GAF, I just got this game! First MMO, so it's a bit overwhelming, but I'm a lv. 2 archer still learning the simple stuff. I think once I start to understand the basics, I'll join the GAF guild! If anyone wants to be friends my PSN is Kanra12.

Welcome to Eorzea! The game usually takes its time to explain all the most important things to new players, so you should be fine as long as you read all the help messages :)
Are you still in your free 30 days? If yes, might I be able to interest you in a friend referal code? It gives you some useful goodies if you should decide to buy a sub in the future.

Alrus

Tried doing Ex DR last night and ended up in the Fractal Continuum with a group composed of an astrologist and two black mages (I was tanking as a dark knight). After two wipes on the first boss, the astrologist leaves and one of the black mages accuses me of being "just too squishy", and adds that he's played a lot of end-game content with the astrologist before so the wipes obviously weren't his fault. This is followed by a vote abandon. Sure my DRK ilvl is only 160 atm, but surely that should be more than enough for FC and NR? Never heard any complaints from healers before.

I'm going to go with the AST not being very good at his job. The first boss of fractal is super predictable and not hard to heal at all, even with a relatively squishy tank.

Edit: Or even more likely, both BLM sucked at dodging and the AST had to babysit them, leading to your death because at i160 you still get hit for quite a bit.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Getting the relics from 2.0 was a huge timesink and a gil sink.
Was it fair to us who devoted time getting gil for materias and dedicating time for relic drops timesink with dungeon drops lights and books?

Me personally and this is my own personal opinion I truly feel disrespected and used as a player by Yoshi P. The only joy this game had that made you feel you earned these weapons was taken away from you over night. I truly dont understand this whole just because I pay for a subscription I'm entitled to everything everyone else has with half the effort by waiting it out.

IMO Its not fair to any player who dedicated time for this. It takes away the enjoyment and the reward. Yoshi P nerfed pretty much everything why couldnt this be untouched?

Respect your players

Yesterday I ran 5 dungeons and there seemed to be this constant theme of dps NOT MOVING away from AoE.

It is a dungeon run, your dps output is worse if you get you decapitated and have to come running back from the beginning or I have to rez you and now you have the weakness debuff.

Voror

Question for clarification: You can solo the dungeons in the game, but as a consequence you are only going to get loot from the bosses and no exp or anything like that?

Just wanted to know I'm case I decide to go that route for the first three dungeons in the Main Scenario.

rubius01

Yesterday I ran 5 dungeons and there seemed to be this constant theme of dps NOT MOVING away from AoE.

It is a dungeon run, your dps output is worse if you get you decapitated and have to come running back from the beginning or I have to rez you and now you have the weakness debuff.

Tanks suck by tanking on sword oath because of muh deeps, and hey, lets do a dungeon in three pulls 'cause im on a very tight schedule.

Healers suck because "theres something other than cleric stance and regen?"

DPS suck because hey, im gonna go apeshit crazy on amob on pull with a tank whos weapon in 45 levels lower than mine and get pissed that the tank lost aggro. And get pissed that the tank didnt pull a third of the dungeon because, hey im on a tight schedule.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Was it fair to us who devoted time getting gil for materias and dedicating time for relic drops timesink with dungeon drops lights and books?

Me personally and this is my own personal opinion I truly feel disrespected and used as a player by Yoshi P. The only joy this game had that made you feel you earned these weapons was taken away from you over night. I truly dont understand this whole just because I pay for a subscription I'm entitled to everything everyone else has with half the effort by waiting it out.

IMO Its not fair to any player who dedicated time for this. It takes away the enjoyment and the reward. Yoshi P nerfed pretty much everything why couldnt this be untouched?

Respect your players

This is the unfortunate truth as the Weapon was always competing with Coil Gear most of the time. In one patch Relic Weapon was the strongest but in the next patch Coil Weapon was the strongest and than the cycle repeated itself through out 2.0-2.50

Uhm, Cleric Stance, High DPS, Large Pulls. Those are all awesome things :p

Oh you mean a glamour that looks in place of the setting, class, and race :p
Your healer isn't going Cleric stance to help dps when the Paladin is in Sword Oath stance and not using cooldown because they are bleeding mana to keep the Paladin alive.

Tabris

You healer isn't going Cleric stance to help dps when the Paladin is in Sword Oath stance and not using cooldown because they because they are bleeding mana to keep the Paladin alive.

I don't experience this as I never run dungeons not as a tank.

I just experience shitty non-DPSing healers who waste 5 mins of my time by not DPS'ing.

EDIT - To be fair, I've run 3 level 60 dungeons in like 3 weeks, so nothing to really complain about anymore. PVP is the new way to cap Eso as it's actually semi-fun and semi-different each run.

Valor

Respect your players
Please know I'm not on some high horse by all means everyone should have a relic but everyone should get it the same equal way everyone else did. Its already a mess that IV materias are way cheaper now making all the millions of gil invested in the relic down the drain. I know I'm negative I have the right to be negative when I feel something is not right. "New relic chapter" is just a bogus way of scrapping 2.0 altogether. Make old content enjoyable instead by letting you put effort in for your relics backtracking old dungeons with your FC mates or LS mates etc. Why did probably the only thing in this game that was meant as a grind and rewarding get destroyed so quick. You can only get away with this once anyways if the "new relic chapter" is exactly the same as before it will be less players doing relics

So I'm looking for a new raid group.

Due to my new job I can't make my old group's times. I have to work... normal European human being hours now.

If anyone has a group with a DPS spot open that runs in the evenings European time hit me up. I'm Fiorelle Laurent on Ultros.

Lexxon

Been playing this on PC for the past month or so and really enjoying myself. Level 52 Warrior currently on the Exodus server, been playing with expansion content and messing with some DPS classes when I get burnt out of that.

I'm seeing a lot of negativity about the expansion and endgame around Reddit, and some here, too. Kinda worries me, as I had planned on at least doing some endgame. Sounds like crafting is in a rough place too.

Do people just like to complain, or are there really huge issues with the game post-expansion?

Alrus

Healers suck because "theres something other than cleric stance and regen?"

Nothing wrong with that as long as the tank doesn't die really.

Question for clarification: You can solo the dungeons in the game, but as a consequence you are only going to get loot from the bosses and no exp or anything like that?

Just wanted to know I'm case I decide to go that route for the first three dungeons in the Main Scenario.

You won't be able to solo dungeon that are the same level as you (with very few exceptions), but yeah that's about it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
This is the unfortunate truth as the Weapon was always competing with Coil Gear most of the time. In one patch Relic Weapon was the strongest but in the next patch Coil Weapon was the strongest and than the cycle repeated itself through out 2.0-2.50

What year is it? WHAT YEAR IS IT?
The unfortunate truth is that rewards in this game tend to get really devalued really fast.
It doesn't matter that at some point it was stronger than the strongest raid weapons because that was then and there. By completing the content on time you got your reward and it comes with no lifetime warranty.
As these rewards (raid gear, relic weapons et al.) slide into essentially glamour fodder so should the difficulty of obtaining them, otherwise you end up with dead ass content - and let's not even bring up Coil here - Bismarck was DOA because of this.

So no, relics should not take anyone any effort now because they're useless and the effort should be proportionate to what the reward represents - a decent looking glamour item. Real life works that way too. It used to be really hard to do large mathematical simulations but now we have Folding@Home! Should we all go back to abacus because at one point people had to use it?

Vertical progression. Limitless hours of fun.

Valor

Do people just like to complain, or are there really huge issues with the game post-expansion?

There are always going to be small issues here and there, but for the most part I think people like to complain. There's nothing super broken or awful about the endgame (aside from red scrip grind) that should detract people from experiencing it. It's not perfect, but I think it's quite enjoyable as a whole.

Just bought Heavensward last night and I was gonna try to use my Fantasia Potion to change my character. Dunno if I'm gonna be an Au Ra but I'd at least like to see how they look. Does anyone know if you can select Au Ra as soon as you download Heavensward or do you have to reach a certain patch?

iammeiam

There's nothing super broken or awful about the endgame (aside from red scrip grind) that should detract people from experiencing it.

Bard tho

it's mostly that endgame is really thin right now; we didn't get enough in 3.0 to match what we lost from 2.x, unsurprisingly, but since 3.0 is copying the 2.x endgame philosophy it's really obvious

iammeiam

Reddit gives a loose translation of a Yoshi P Famitsu interview.

No Astro buffs yet because they're afraid if they buff it the top-tier players will find a way to make Astro OP. Tweaks coming, though.

A3S beaten a little quicker than expected; he credits flexibility in group comp for that and world firsts in general.

Confirms we will get some kind of 3.1 preview in the next Live Letter. Just Part 1 so I wouldn't expect much. Part 2 at TGS, release date at one of those or the next FATE.

scy

I expected actually nothing for these hotfixes and I'm still kind of disappointed. That's interesting.

No Astro buffs yet because they're afraid if they buff it the top-tier players will find a way to make Astro OP. Tweaks coming, though.

A3S beaten a little quicker than expected; he credits flexibility in group comp for that and world firsts in general.

Confirms we will get some kind of 3.1 preview in the next Live Letter. Just Part 1 so I wouldn't expect much. Part 2 at TGS, release date at one of those or the next FATE.

Astro buffs held back because Elysium and Lucrezia can't beat A4S yet. World first A4S will involve a third chest that has patch notes inside.

Time for them to retroactively nerf tank DPS?

Hm ... TGS is in about a month? Well ... okay then.

Sifl

How does this seasonal event work? My sub lapsed 4 days ago and I'm already getting the itch already.
You go to one of the 3 main towns and talk to a quest giver. He sends you to Costa Del Sol where you get the option to trade in items for tokens, which you can trade for event items. The items are Battered Fish (Cul) and a fish which I can't remember. If you don't want to do this, you can stay in the general area and do FATE's to get your tokens, which will take you about 5 years to do if you want everything.

Valor

I mean, I basically am working in my dream job so it's a sacrifice I'm very much willing to make

I'm actually excited to wake up at 7 AM now \o/

but I'd like to not give up raiding entirely.

Oh yeah I know, I just find it funny that you were working such shit hours before and now normal hours are like messing you up. It's all good for you though. I'm sure there'll be groups around when you're free so you can continue to raid and all that fun stuff.

I am very glad Yoshi can clearly see Astros still need some help in regards to their heals and cards. I realize RNG is part of the life of being an AST but it is beyond upsetting to go whole battles and never pull a balance while I get three spears in a row.

creid

You go to one of the 3 main towns and talk to a quest giver. He sends you to Costa Del Sol where you get the option to trade in items for tokens, which you can trade for event items. The items are Battered Fish (Cul) and a fish which I can't remember. If you don't want to do this, you can stay in the general area and do FATE's to get your tokens, which will take you about 5 years to do if you want everything.
So no real quest line or Achievement, just trading for items?

Oh yeah I know, I just find it funny that you were working such shit hours before and now normal hours are like messing you up. It's all good for you though. I'm sure there'll be groups around when you're free so you can continue to raid and all that fun stuff.

yeah. the main thing I'm trying to avoid is a server transfer. I think ultimately I'm going to have to make the decision at some point to either transfer servers or give up on raiding. not at that stage yet though.

Top Bottom