• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Not far into HS, leveling as a White Mage is horrible casting stone 10+ times into EVERY enemy so I kinda gave up at 52 for the day. Can someone spoil the story and tell me if
Y'shotila or whatver the sexy ladies name is died or not? Thats all I care about

Firebrand

Did you have max Leve's? If they had max Leve's they would have started out with 100 so that would have been an insane amount of xp. The Leves I was doing were like 48k with the potential for double that on bonus xp. That's like 9.6 million xp even assuming you don't get higher level Leves with more xp and also doesn't factor the per stroke xp of doing the Leve requirements which can add tons more xp.
Well, you still gotta do them. :p But leves is better XP than running about doing quests? I've got 60-70 allowances left I think. Blew 10 on testing a large leve but that didnt give me much XP at all. I don't really bother with FATEs because of the amount of HP mobs tend to have and the not so great reward.

I have PLD at 54 right now. I finally have more than one combo!

Planning on getting my Ninja up to 60 as well after I'm done with PLD.

I would also like to try AST and MCH since I've already tried DRK out for a bit.

Aselith

Well, you still gotta do them. :p But leves is better XP than running about doing quests? I've got 60-70 allowances left I think. Blew 10 on testing a large leve but that didnt give me much XP at all. I don't really bother with FATEs because of the amount of HP mobs tend to have and the not so great reward.

Oh yeah, way better. They take maybe 5-7 minutes at most and reward 48k plus bonus xp up to double that whereas your questing can take a much longer time and rewards a flat 48k and many only are about 24k so far as I have seen. Leves are hugely faster than running around questing for DoH/L. Leves suck for combat classes though.

I think I did 51-52 in less than an hour on my miner.

Large Leves are garbage though. They only award about 1.5 times the xp and you have to use 10 at a time. It just doesn't make sense that they set it up like that, I don't get it.

Wagram

I ragged on them pretty bad about launch story being nothing more than a fetch experience. I'm completely glad they took that to heart, because this expansion thus far actually feels like a console FF story. Absolutely love what they have done thus far.

Nameless

Tried to go into ARR with an open mind, but I honestly wasn't expecting a legitimately great Final Fantasy game. The music, the world, art..beautiful stuff. XIV has been a joy to learn and explore so far.

My character:

mochw8p.jpg

Running into GAFers below lvl 50 is rare I've found.

What is the most fun DD class right now?
I think getting to 60 on DRK/PLD/WARR will tire me out with tanking.

I think Monk's always been really fun, and its new tools and adjustments serve to make it an even more solid choice. Alternatively, while I haven't played them in some time, I think Summoner is looking incredibly fun in HW- it's high on my list of jobs to get to 60.

todd360

If I preorder the base game + dlc combo on ps4, will I be able to start as one of the new races?

Also is the ps4 version good enough? I have a pc that could run it at 60 fps no problem, but I find myself playing ps4 more than anything else. Its just so convenient. I pretty much only play stuff on pc when I can't get it on ps4. MMOs always seem to better with mouse + keyboard though.

Make all 3.
I main Warr, Pld, and now Drk.
Probably going to power level Drk to 60 then Warr then Pld.

I hope they will release Samurai soon and it will also be a tank, but an avoidance mechanic one.
:p I'll probably do this actually. Mostly since WAR sounds most appealing right now with everyone playing DRK. I'll be more inclined to play DRK when people remember they hate tanking again.

fedexpeon

Banned
To be honest after reading your criticisms of the game, maybe this just isn't the MMO for you? There are a decent number of solid ones out there that do exactly what you're asking for, and I don't think FF is ever going to change to that format. =0

No MMO locks you out like FF. This is the first MMO I played that purposely locks contents out because "socialized story mode is important".
I play MMO like it is a skillbased game and to rush to endgame, so this "complex" story mode that FF is trying to do is never a factor on why I play an MMO or why I even play FF in the first place.
I don't play MMO for the story/lore or how well the designed quest system is, I simply play it for the grind, for the guildmates, and of course, for the loots, and the challenge and fun in obtaining it...and also the graphic, can't really play outdated MMO unless it is 2D spirit since that is timeless.

Nameless

You haven't even gotten to the best stuff. Heavansward is a step above ARR in those categories.

Yeah I'm already completely invested in the story and everything else so it's great to hear there's tons to look forward to.

Fuck Thancred, though.

Sora_N

Just realize they never sent me an early access code. Ugh, I'm not done main story but I don't get to make Au Ra's.

Dear Sora_N
Thank you for contacting Best Buy Canada in regard to order number #.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please be advised that the codes for Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward were sent out late. Please wait for a few days to recieve the code. Rest assure that you will receive the codes via email. We're sorry for the slight delay.

Thank you for contacting Best Buy Canada. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

With respect,

Karen 46777 TA
Best Buy.ca

FFFFFFF

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wow, after finishing the 3rd dungeon and the MSQ after that, I have to grind 3/4 of the bar by doing something else to reach 56. Bummer, I really liked how smooth the first few levels were.

AXE

I'm having some trouble with the Main Quest. I'm stuck at some 2.55 quest called The Least Among Us - specifically, after I've completed it. I have it in the Completed log.

Problem is, I don't know where to go next. Every wikia says Minfilia, but she doesn't have anything for me. The guest mentions Alphinaud, but I don't know where he might be.

Contacted a in-game GM about this and they just wished me luck as this is something they apparently can't do anything about.

Somewhat dismayed here. I'd really appreciate the help.

Squishy3

I'm having some trouble with the Main Quest. I'm stuck at some 2.55 quest called The Least Among Us - specifically, after I've completed it. I have it in the Completed log.

Problem is, I don't know where to go next. Every wikia says Minfilia, but she doesn't have anything for me. The guest mentions Alphinaud, but I don't know where he might be.

Contacted a in-game GM about this and they just wished me luck as this is something they apparently can't do anything about.

Somewhat dismayed here. I'd really appreciate the help.
Oh wait, no, I know where you need to go. Go to Ul'dah and travel to the Chamber of Rule aetheryte shard.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So how's the machinist ? I'm currently a lvl 50 Black Mage (Finishing the 2.5 main quests atm :-/)
Not the most exciting job at level 30 but then again most jobs don't become fun until the 40s or so. Less buttons to push than Bard at 30 and more proc based it seems. Using reloads and rapid fire is a lot of fun. I expect it to become more fun once you get your little robot friends and other abilities.

The guns sound weak which really sucks.
Looking at the official DPS board, not great :/ Really low DPS and tricky to use.
That's another thing. I can't fairly judge it at level 33 but the job feels weak in terms of damage right now.

Apparently my GTX980 and i7 3820 aren't enough to handle this at max full 60fps even in dungeons. The shadows too strong.

This is impossibru unless you're trying to push 4K with a 980. I was blasting out 11k+ on the Heavensward benchmark in 1080p Maximum with a GTX 970 and i7-950.

Not the most exciting job at level 30 but then again most jobs don't become fun until the 40s or so. Less buttons to push than Bard at 30 and more proc based it seems. Using reloads and rapid fire is a lot of fun. I expect it to become more fun once you get your little robot friends and other abilities.

The guns sound weak which really sucks.

That's another thing. I can't fairly judge it at level 33 but the job feels weak in terms of damage right now.

People are apparently raging about MCH's in dungeons spamming Point Blank off CD because it has a knockback. It's like Fluid Aura all over again, except that Point Blank is apparently the MCH equivalent of other interrupts which are typically woven into DPS rotations when interrupt isn't specifically being saved to interrupt an attack like Blunt Arrow and Leg Sweep.

So how's the machinist ? I'm currently a lvl 50 Black Mage (Finishing the 2.5 main quests atm :-/)

I've not played it as much as some people at this point (I'm just about to hit 40), but I think it's pretty fun. It's really great when you have ammo (especially when you use Wildfire), but when you're waiting for your reloads to come off of cooldown it becomes a bit too RNG dependent (hoping your next combo skill procs), and honestly can be a little boring (I've used the first skill 5 or 6 times without getting a proc before...). I get the first turret at 40 so hopefully that's fun.

K.Sabot

So Heavensward primals are already in hard mode eh? okay i guess, guess it means they won't shoehorn in them twice after like ARR.

Sandfox

Edit: There we go~

Looking at the official DPS board, not great :/ Really low DPS and tricky to use.

If the job ends up being too weak at 60 than SE will just end up buffing it so I wouldn't really let that discourage me from playing it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
People are apparently raging about MCH's in dungeons spamming Point Blank off CD because it has a knockback. It's like Fluid Aura all over again, except that Point Blank is apparently the MCH equivalent of other interrupts which are typically woven into DPS rotations when interrupt isn't specifically being saved to interrupt an attack like Blunt Arrow and Leg Sweep.

Yep, apparently Machinists are the new LOLJOB because of it. It's a shame too, and why I wish we would have gotten something weavable like Repelling Shot instead. It'll be nice in the situations where you need an interrupt, but I think those are few and far between in group settings. Someone else almost always has one they can use.

Nochii

Neo Member
ok i had uhmm i problem, first of all my subscription had expired i was waiting this to subscribe again, i just bought the heavensward expasion ps4 digital version the file start to download and i put my ffxiv arr disc, try to log in for the downloading and some windows appear something to verify and appear only the name of 1 of my 3 chars i had, i only click accept and when i try to log in another window said that i have to do something on my account and also when i log in on my mogstation there only appear 1 of my 3 chars, but why i try to find them in the lodestone i find them i dont know if this is normal o do i have to subscribe again for my chars appear i really dont know.

Pd. sorry for the english im from south america :)

I so wish whms had a water spell like the witch in ninety nine nights 3 that does decent damage and could be cast at will. 30 seconds is too long to wait. If they just had that i could so tolerate the tedium of healing and never complain.

Squishy3

Do you mean this place?

That NPC there tells me he can't allow me into the Chamber of Fragrance.
So you don't have the quest "A Time to Every Purpose" right? Minfilia gives that quest, so if you don't have it, she should be in the solar at The Rising Stones. And if she isn't there, I have no idea what to tell you.

AXE

So you don't have the quest "A Time to Every Purpose" right? Minfilia gives that quest, so if you don't have it, she should be in the solar at The Rising Stones. And if she isn't there, I have no idea what to tell you.

Ah, yeah. I do not have that quest as she doesn't give me anything. That's the problem.

Kinda sucks. Wonder if this is a game-breaker I'm in.

Don't really feel like going over the Main Quest with a new character.

Top Bottom