• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

neoemonk

Were you in Grit and were you using cooldowns (defensive abilities on their own cooldown) throughout the pulls and boss fights? Also were you making sure to keep up with equipment as DEF stat matters.

I was in Grit and using cool downs but gear was kind of touch and go en route to 50. Once I hit 50 I had a full poetics set waiting for me but that's already being replaced just my doing Heavensward storyline quests.

Anyone play on Zalera? My FC is slowly dying. I've basically just got one close friend IRL on here but I don't want to start over on another server and he won't transfer because of housing.

So I picked this up upon re-relase and snagged a physical version when they got overloaded and had to stop digital downloads. Played up to 28 and really enjoyed it, but flashed my phone with the software token on it and it was nearly impossible to remove because of the influx of users.

Have a coworker and his fiance that have been playing for quite awhile now, so I decided to pick it back up. It was about a two minute convo to get the old software token removed since it was an old account, and now I'm pretty much hooked.

I know I'm still in the new MMO phase, but this game just brings me a lot of joy, particularly my Lalafell. I find myself /fistbumping everyone in sight as my little munchkin. Pretty overwhelmed with just how much you can do, but I'm excited to get into some decent dungeons and potential raids in the future to see how this plays out compared to other MMO's.

Xux

No end game experience yet, but I've got my paladin at 51 and my dark knight at 48. I like the latter way more for roulette runs and general leveling. AOE aggro and damage for days.

I feel sturdier on the paladin in terms of overall damage taken, but everything I'm running so far is trivial in that department. The runs on the dark knight go faster and smoother since I'm contributing solid damage to the mix.

It's an odd formula and not my favorite design, since I'm more of a tanking purist who prefers to buff my defense and EHP over damage, but this game does stuff a bit differently and I'm adjusting.

My ultimate goal is to have both at max level and geared, so we'll see how that goes. I'll switch back and forth based on boredom, content difficulty, and party needs.

I don't think I'll ever play warrior. Are they needed for cross skills?
All of Maurader's skills besides Skull Sunder are good to have.

WolvenOne

lol, this community sometimes. The tank with the best cooldowns and the only ability in the game that makes them 100% invulnerable is the weakest tank? Ok.

DPS isn't everything.

To be fair, Hallowed Ground's cooldown is so absurdly long that it REALLY eats into it's utility.

chrono01

Made it to 33 BLM

I feel underwhelmed by all my spells, where do BLMs sit in terms of highest DPS classes?
Eh.

We can hold our own, if RNG favors us and we don't need to move a whole lot and can complete our full rotations. If we need to move constantly, or "accidentally" have Enochian fall off early due to a mechanics change [or error on the players' part], our DPS has a tendency to plummet.

I wouldn't use the term "Glass Cannon" to describe us. We're certainly fragile, although we have a few damage reduction abilities [they won't stop you if the main boss decides to whack you, though]. The damage side of things, while it can be decent, isn't exactly cannon-tier, although it depends on the people you're playing with. If you're paired with party members that provide magic damage increase on enemies [such as a Bard], your DPS will be better. We're okay, could be better. But then, I guess that could be said from a lot of classes.

You need to know though, that a Level 60 BLM is vastly different than a Level 33 one. The new Enochian change can prove stressful for some, especially as you try to adjust to the different play-style [it's more timing restrictive than prior rotations]. I'd still recommend giving it a try, though.

Why are Au Ra so ugly

ffxiv_08012015_185548c9p0t.png

It's like a K-Pop Star Botched Plastic Surgery.

Making a cute Aura is not as easy as it first appears. The faces are too derpy by default.

That being said it can be done. It's just easier to do it with catgirls.

Audioboxer

Day off work, level 50, lets do this. Level 48.5 just now with a ton of rest experience. What cross skills are must have for a summoner GAF? First one I'm going for is swiftcast. Should have had it by now but I've been lazy.

Fauve

Day off work, level 50, lets do this. Level 48.5 just now with a ton of rest experience. What cross skills are must have for a summoner GAF? First one I'm going for is swiftcast. Should have had it by now but I've been lazy.

Raging strikes from archer is great to have. Should only take like 3 minutes to get as it's learnt at level 4. That's about it, I think you should already have blizzard 2 by now.

ViciousDS

Banned
Thanks very much for the help! I completely forgot I could use a keyboard and mouse if I wanted to on PS4.

It's got a slight delay on input though for some odd reason, believe me.....you'll see what I'm talking about. It's not terrible but it really kept me from playing LB/M on PS4 and just upgrade my GFX card for PC

Tash

Making a cute Aura is not as easy as it first appears. The faces are too derpy by default.

That being said it can be done. It's just easier to do it with catgirls.

I don't get what the problem is - she is cute. But we all know what they say about taste :p

Thinking of upgrading to Win 10 tonight. Done it at work and it went fine..
However, does anyone have a two monitor setup with Nvidia? Were there any issues? It won't be a reinstall..will basically just upgrade.

...huh.

So I was looking on the market board for a fat cat when I noticed something. One of the rando minions I got from one of the dungeons goes for 2mil. I assumed it dropped everytime.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know how many times I've run the new dungeons now but I have not seen.a.single.freaking.minion drop. My RNG is shyte..Same with drops..had to actually token-buy my Ravana weapon..the shame!

Pachimari

Wow. A few days ago I tried to sign up, and it went under maintenance right when I were gonna do it. Then now I'm trying to resubscribe again, and it is under maintenance again haha.

Do you guys know when it is back up?

Aselith

Wow. A few days ago I tried to sign up, and it went under maintenance right when I were gonna do it. Then now I'm trying to resubscribe again, and it is under maintenance again haha.

Do you guys know when it is back up?

What? I was just on there. I just signed into the Mogstation too and it was available. What are you trying to sign up on?

Sifl

I kind of want to level up a warrior, but looking at the cross class skills, I'm assuming I'll also have to level a gladiator to 34 for the cross class skills. Don't know if I wanna do that.

Dunkley

tumblr_nsz2rhyDpy1sjbtwdo1_500.gif

I saw some gold bots appear today in Ul'dah after Balmung had a short hiccup.

They are... interesting to watch to say the least.

Pachimari

Yes, finally I'm seeing some progress. Levelled up from lvl. 5 to lvl. 8 in no time, as an archer.

Anyway, I can never remember this, but why can't I use a Coeurl Bell and a minion I have in my possession? How do I activate them for use?

I also got to say, that it feels good playing this with a Razor Tartarus gamepad! I just have to figure out how to switch profiles, so I can use it for battles as well. Then it will be really convenient.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Re: My Mad Man's Whispering Rod:

Anyone know why?

3/4 crafted weapons in Heavensward are actually recolored old weapons. Purple Alkalurops and blue Avengers are pretty cool. That's a Dark Chestnut rod I think?

Anyway, I can never remember this, but why can't I use a Coeurl Bell and a minion I have in my possession? How do I activate them for use?

You need to do the chocobo permit quest which will be available from the Grand Company of your choice at some point in the story. It'll take 2000 seals which can be easily gathered in less than an hour by doing the first seven entries in the GC hunting log.

Pachimari

You need to do the chocobo permit quest which will be available from the Grand Company of your choice at some point in the story. It'll take 2000 seals which can be easily gathered in less than an hour by doing the first seven entries in the GC hunting log.

Thanks for this, I'll remember that.
What about my minion? I have 4 other minions so I have activated them before, but since it have been some time, I don't remember how to activate the new minion I just got.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Thanks for this, I'll remember that.
What about my minion? I have 4 other minions so I have activated them before, but since it have been some time, I don't remember how to activate the new minion I just got.

They're all in the minion guide section under the character menu.

iammeiam

Loot RNG continues to be hilarious to me. Our A1S was dup drops (healing earrings for the WHM this time, caster ring for that second caster we don't have.), our A2S was our second set of healer gloves ( the third I know of that dropped yesterday), and our second aiming left side drop. Just need the boots and then I can have all the things and be really, really amused at the loot gods trolling our good DPS.

Pages are a morale booster, though. Accessory repeats was eased by everyone getting to go get a thing anyway. Four weeks of clears for a guaranteed accessory seems like a lot, but it's gone by pretty fast.

Wilsongt

I kind of want to level up a warrior, but looking at the cross class skills, I'm assuming I'll also have to level a gladiator to 34 for the cross class skills. Don't know if I wanna do that.

Eh, with one of wars post 50 abilities, I think you can get away without Awareness. provoke is a requirement, though.

Alrus

It's not that urgent to get that cross class skill so just lvl up your glad on the side when you're not doing something else. If you have leve allowances sitting around you can always just farm the Adamantoise Tear one in camp tranquil, it's pretty fast xp considering doing it takes less than a minute and requires no fighting at all (faster than fate farming in certain situations).

Provoke is indeed a necessity though.

Sifl

Eh, with one of wars post 50 abilities, I think you can get away without Awareness. provoke is a requirement, though.

It's not that urgent to get that cross class skill so just lvl up your glad on the side when you're not doing something else. If you have leve allowances sitting around you can always just farm the Adamantoise Tear one in camp tranquil, it's pretty fast xp considering doing it takes less than a minute and requires no fighting at all (faster than fate farming in certain situations).

Provoke is indeed a necessity though.
Alright, I'll level gladiator another time then. Thanks for the tip, didn't know that leve was used for grinding.

Alrus

Alright, I'll level gladiator another time then. Thanks for the tip, didn't know that leve was used for grinding.

Well if you're lvling your DoH/DoL it's better to keep leves for those afaik. But if you're not using them it's a pretty fast way to get a low lvl class to 30-35, where I think fate farming becomes much more efficient. It's only specific leves though, some of them take way too long and aren't great for grinding.

iammeiam

If you have a WHM buddy, you can pretty quickly and mindlessly unlock Provoke by just having them drop a regen on you, attacking a bunch of things, then having them holy'd to death. Key is not being in a party so you get full XP from tagging the mobs. Go outside Aleport and I think later outside Fallguard Float? Can also do hunting log really quickly this way. It slows down a lot in the mid-20s, I think, but really doesn't take long.

scy

~1:14 into that will never cease to make me laugh.

If you have a WHM buddy, you can pretty quickly and mindlessly unlock Provoke by just having them drop a regen on you, attacking a bunch of things, then having them holy'd to death. Key is not being in a party so you get full XP from tagging the mobs. Go outside Aleport and I think later outside Fallguard Float? Can also do hunting log really quickly this way. It slows down a lot in the mid-20s, I think, but really doesn't take long.

And you can take advantage of the current Moonfaire Event to ride on a FATE train in Eastern La Noscea (+ Out to Sea Leves) to finish getting to 34 if dungeons aren't terribly exciting.

ps, thanks for Provoke carry <3

Valor

Pages are a morale booster, though. Accessory repeats was eased by everyone getting to go get a thing anyway. Four weeks of clears for a guaranteed accessory seems like a lot, but it's gone by pretty fast.

I'm glad that this is the feeling that's coming out of the pages for sure. I'm a bit more worried about the 6's and 7's, but I suppose that just comes with time.

Soma

feels nice being the one tank that manages to hold aggro on some of these boss FATES at Costa Del Sol right now with like 20+ people contributing at once

feels not so nice when i die cuz no self-heals besides cross classing bloodbath ;_;

I'm glad that this is the feeling that's coming out of the pages for sure. I'm a bit more worried about the 6's and 7's, but I suppose that just comes with time.

Page 3 and 4 manifestos will likely be spent on alt classes i think, unless unquestionably BiS. That is so long to get there for most of us + the token build up, and by then we would have relics and 3.1 AF upgrade items (hopefully)

iammeiam

ps, thanks for Provoke carry <3

Yup. Totally earned the ensuing 26-60 queue carry right there.

I am a little worried about the A2S and beyond stuff, but I'd guess it's balanced by upgrade items dropping from the floors so you're guaranteed one useful drop to your group per week, and the twine/dip/coat all only being 4 pages. 8 weeks for a weapon seems pretty tough, but it's easier to take as sort of a worst-case scenario. I'm pretty laid back about loot, though. People who take it super seriously may be less fond of the whole thing.

Top Bottom