• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

WolvenOne

Did you buy melded tank accessories?

Not yet, I'm probably going to have to gather up the materials to have them made soon, and then do my best to meld them myself. Normally I'd be a bit less stingy, but the crafted 180 are coming in 3.1, and while they'll be a pain to meld they'll be a better long term investment. If I'm going to do both, then at least one set I'll need to try doing on the cheap.

aceface

Not yet, I'm probably going to have to gather up the materials to have them made soon, and then do my best to meld them myself. Normally I'd be a bit less stingy, but the crafted 180 are coming in 3.1, and while they'll be a pain to meld they'll be a better long term investment. If I'm going to do both, then at least one set I'll need to try doing on the cheap.

You got 20 million gill and it's an instant dps gain without being too much of a vit loss. I'm sure Natasha could come by to run down the numbers.

scy

It's also worth noting that they're going to be relatively "cheap" since it's 3 and 4's used in the melds. The 180s will be Vs. Slowly build a stock whenever you see them cheaply.

WolvenOne

You got 20 million gill and it's an instant dps gain without being too much of a vit loss. I'm sure Natasha could come by to run down the numbers.

In A1 and A2 Savage I'm using all STR accessories anyway, A3 is going to be the first turn where I'll need to put on some extra vit, thus why I haven't been in a hurry.

Need to get going on that though, seeing as I'll hit Savage A3 soon enough.

Edit: That said, it'd probably still end up being a slight DPS gain in Savage A1 and A2, if only because it'd be safer to spend less time in defiance. So I'll start shopping around when I log in later tonight.

Squishy3

Man ex roulette takes no time at all when you've got people in a full set of normal alex gear.

although neverreap is still longer because of all those mechanics designed to interrupt sustained dps

So, no A4 clears yet. Is it still because of gear checks?

5yxWjwb.png

This is all I know about it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
3/4 crafted weapons in Heavensward are actually recolored old weapons. Purple Alkalurops and blue Avengers are pretty cool. That's a Dark Chestnut rod I think?
Christ, the entire time I swore up and down I glammed the thing(didn't bother to check mind you). I got no excuse for this brainfart.

Aselith

Blah. I really want this thing

http://xivdb.com/?recipe/31161/Thavnairian-Bustier

What do? It sells for millions of gil. It'll take years to stack up that much >.<

Get yourself some Dragonskin maps and go get the Thavarian Silk and then have someone make it for you.

The components themselves are very expensive(the silk is anyway), small wonder the price of the item itself is so high.

The Silk is VERY expensive and the Aethersand and Iolite is a little pricy but everything else is pretty cheap relatively anyways

Blah. I really want this thing

http://xivdb.com/?recipe/31161/Thavnairian-Bustier

What do? It sells for millions of gil. It'll take years to stack up that much >.<

Do you have a 60 gathering class? Get dragon skin maps everyday. You can get one per day per gathering class. They are doable in parties of 4.

Pray Silks drop. Make sure you are in a party that only NEEDS when its THEIR map.

If you 2 everyday or save them until each retainer has one + yourself + one already opened, you should be able to get 3 you need with a month.

Primus

Thinking of upgrading to Win 10 tonight. Done it at work and it went fine..
However, does anyone have a two monitor setup with Nvidia? Were there any issues? It won't be a reinstall..will basically just upgrade.

GTX 970 dual monitors and no problems here, went from 7 Pro to 10 Pro. Just download the current NVidia drivers for Win10 before the upgrade, that way you can immediately install them.

Aselith

Ah, so THAT'S what those make! Sold a few this morning, it's what put me over 20 mil.

Yeah at least on my server I sold a Bustier fairly quickly at 5.7 million so it's worth it to make the Bustier and sell that depending on pricing if you can get the materials. Iolite is an easy level 50 Unspoiled so that's easy to get and Dawnborne Aethersand isn't too hard to get either.

At their height the Bustier was going for 15 million. :(

WolvenOne

Yeah at least on my server I sold a Bustier fairly quickly at 5.7 million so it's worth it to make the Bustier and sell that depending on pricing if you can get the materials. Iolite is an easy level 50 Unspoiled so that's easy to get and Dawnborne Aethersand isn't too hard to get either.

At their height the Bustier was going for 15 million. :(

Eh, made the better part of two million, so I'm fine. Maybe I'll make one or of the next set to drop.

also mfw i try on the event summer trunks:

6icSIXZ.jpg

It's kind of funny because usually games don't let you customize this, but it's not something that many people probably notice because even in those games it's not as flat as a board for everyone like it is in XIV.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this is at the absolute bottom of the priority list so don't count on it changing at all.

I've been looking at FF14 for quite some time and considering a purchase, I just have a few questions. How populated is this game on PS4? Is it any good on PS4? I don't have a good enough PC to run this, so I'm just curious if the ps4 version is a viable route.

docbon

it's cross platform and the population is pretty large, though they're concentrated mostly in the later zones at this point.

Audioboxer

I've been looking at FF14 for quite some time and considering a purchase, I just have a few questions. How populated is this game on PS4? Is it any good on PS4? I don't have a good enough PC to run this, so I'm just curious if the ps4 version is a viable route.

On Ultros where the GAF guild is its always busy from what I can see. I was a new player about 40 days ago and I'm just about to hit 50. Had a blast, all played on a PS4. No problems doing all the old content. If you end up joining us I call dibs on giving you a refer a friend code to get us exclusive items :p

it's cross platform and the population is pretty large, though they're concentrated mostly in the later zones at this point.

On Ultros where the GAF guild is its always busy from what I can see. I was a new player about 40 days ago and I'm just about to hit 50. Had a blast, all played on a PS4. No problems doing all the old content. If you end up joining us I call dibs on giving you a refer a friend code to get us exclusive items :p

Thanks for the quick replies!

I'll remember you audioboxer, going to try out the trial if all goes well I'll pick it up and try to put some time in it (between MGSV and school) I'll PM you to get you your exclusive items when this happens ;)

Audioboxer

Thanks for the quick replies!

I'll remember you audioboxer, going to try out the trial if all goes well I'll pick it up and try to put some time in it (between MGSV and school) I'll PM you to get you your exclusive items when this happens ;)

We both get the same items. It's the friendship circle which is cool, exp boost by 20% up to level 25.

By the way seen my first fate grinding mass mob lol. Joined in for a bit. Must have been like 30+ folk. Going on in Northern Thanalan.

suzu

PC, PS3, and PS4 players share the same servers. GAF is mainly on Ultros server if you want to join up (see OP for details). Playing on the PS4 is totally fine.

Audioboxer

Sifl

I just did Neverreap for the first time, and I was expecting a lot worse based off how much people complain about it. The people I did it with were actually nice too, asking me if I knew what to do before each boss and not just assuming I was gonna fuck everything up.

Squishy3

I never get Cape Westwind on roulette lol, I get the more hated fights like Bismark HM, Chrysalis, and Titan HM.

Heard Steps of Fate is just a big zerg now too.
My last few trial roulettes were: Hydra, Chrysalis, Chimera and Bismarck HM. Oh and Ravana HM. Ravana HM actually feels super weird since I farmed EX so much. The order feels random and makes like no sense lol. Bismarck HM is funny too because the adds push you off in HM but not in EX.

I just did Neverreap for the first time, and I was expecting a lot worse based off how much people complain about it. The people I did it with were actually nice too, asking me if I knew what to do before each boss and not just assuming I was gonna fuck everything up.
It's dreadfully boring and Fractal is a lot better in terms of actual fighting. Neverreap has loads of times where you just can't do sustained DPS so the bosses take awhile to die compared to Fractal.

Sifl

My last few trial roulettes were: Hydra, Chrysalis, Chimera and Bismarck HM. Oh and Ravana HM. Ravana HM actually feels super weird since I farmed EX so much. The order feels random and makes like no sense lol. Bismarck HM is funny too because the adds push you off in HM but not in EX.

It's dreadfully boring and Fractal is a lot better in terms of actual fighting. Neverreap has loads of times where you just can't do sustained DPS so the bosses take awhile to die compared to Fractal.
Probably didn't feel that way for me since I was new, but I agree with the DPS comment. I was doing a pretty bad job at keeping BotD up during the bosses.

Squishy3

Probably didn't feel that way for me since I was new, but I agree with the DPS comment. I was doing a pretty bad job at keeping BotD up during the bosses.
And keeping in mind most of us complaining about Neverreap have been doing EX Roulette since June and Neverreap shows up in roulette a lot more than Fractal. :p

Hmm what race/clan/class would be the most fun to get into for a first timer to MMO? I'm looking at the Miqo'te. Is there a specific class that suits them best or is it all irrelevant?

Dizzy-4U

Hey guys, question:

I used to play this months ago and I was in the Ultros GAF Guild. Did you guys do a clean up of inactive players in the last months? The last expansion I played was Leviathan I think.

suzu

Hey guys, question:

I used to play this months ago and I was in the Ultros GAF Guild. Did you guys do a clean up of inactive players in the last months? The last expansion I played was Leviathan I think.

Yeah, but you can always just reapply again with the in-game application (if you've already got a guildworks account).

Dizzy-4U

Yeah, but you can always just reapply again with the in-game application (if you've already got a guildworks account).
I will reapply as soon as it finish updating. Thanks!

Edit: Maaaaan, an 8GB update since my last login. I've been out for a long time...

Thinking of upgrading to Win 10 tonight. Done it at work and it went fine..
However, does anyone have a two monitor setup with Nvidia? Were there any issues? It won't be a reinstall..will basically just upgrade.

No problems on my 780ti with dual monitors.

One issue I ran into is that when it installs latest drivers from windows update is that the second screen is dead until you reboot. Minor but just want to point that out.

SkyOdin

Hmm what race/clan/class would be the most fun to get into for a first timer to MMO? I'm looking at the Miqo'te. Is there a specific class that suits them best or is it all irrelevant?

In FFXIV, the races and clans are all pretty much interchangeable in terms of game mechanics. Feel free make your choice of race purely based on aesthetics.

Now, as for classes, it is hard to make a suggestion without knowing your preferences/playstyle. FFXIV uses the trinity of Tank, Healer, and DPS, and all classes explicitly fit into one of those three roles. Of the three roles, DPS probably has the least amount of stress in party situations (at least at low levels), but a lot of people find tanking or healing to be very rewarding and fun. Now, the great thing about FFXIV is that you are not locked into a class; you can start leveling up a new class whenever you want, or even level up all of them.

I suggest just trying any class that you catches your interest at first. If you end up not liking it, you can easily change your class to any of the others before you get into the dungeons and trials. Feel free to try a few different classes and see what playstyle you enjoy.

Top Bottom