• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Maybe I was a little too harsh, Odyssey is way better track than Faust theme. I just like the variety on the Alex boss themes compared to Coil.

The title is "Primal Timbre", Odyssey is the name of the FC in the video?

But really, it's all about "From the Ashes"

As if a soul-less Au-ra has anyplace to talk.

You can't put down my Miqo'te soul with false accusations.

I think its pretty awesome how much Bahamit lore is in MSQ of HW compared to how much is in his coil. It actually gave him some background and you felt pretty damn sorry for him and his brood. =(

Louis was okay and all, but eh. That whole family wasnt very fun to interact with.

HW MSQ didn't really tell us any important details we didn't get from Final Coil (besides maybe who exactly summoned Bahamut? It wasn't that important)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I think its pretty awesome how much Bahamit lore is in MSQ of HW compared to how much is in his coil. It actually gave him some background and you felt pretty damn sorry for him and his brood. =(

Louis was okay and all, but eh. That whole family wasnt very fun to interact with.

aceface

Primal Timbre is one of the best tracks in the game. Any track that remixes Answers is great. Uematsu was in God mode when he composed that one. Still gives me chills listening to it.

Primal Timbre >>>>>>>>>> all of Alexander music.
You don't believe this yourself and you know it.

That song is probably my most disliked song in the game.

It totally has nothing to do with the fact Coil is the bane of my existence and I still have not finished it.

iammeiam

I like the A1-A3 music quite a bit now, but can see it wearing thin by A12 or wherever we end up.

The beat is pretty good, though, and

Dying
Dying
Electricity

continues to mean so much.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
HW MSQ didn't really tell us any important details we didn't get from Final Coil (besides maybe who exactly summoned Bahamut? It wasn't that important)

I felt the extra details and the way it was told was very good. But whatever.

Sorian

Banned
If the last alexander savage fight doesn't have Fausts divebombing across the arena then I may have to quit. Just wanted to get that out there now.

I like the A1-A3 music quite a bit now, but can see it wearing thin by A12 or wherever we end up.

The beat is pretty good, though, and

Dying
Dying
Electricity

continues to mean so much
I don't get it.

I used to think the song possibly had meaning but I'm not so sure anymore.

Sorian

Banned
Quarantine is the new hotness. The divebomb is YOU!

It's a missed opportunity if goblins on hand gliders doesn't become a divebomb mechanic at some point. We can all get flashbacks of spamming the first two bosses in Brayflox HM for whatever tome was hot at the time to work on the relic that involved buying books.

Tabris

Get tired of having a loser as your avatar?

My tastes are high class.

I'll put Peyton Manning back when he's beating up everyone in the conference again. And if he goes into the playoffs healthy, he's taking that 2nd Superbowl with him.

Your tastes are the worst. You're the Britta of tastes. You probably won't get that as you have bad taste.

Sprinting electric pudding explosions are my life right now.
Ahh A3S.

It's a missed opportunity if goblins on hand gliders doesn't become a divebomb mechanic at some point. We can all get flashbacks of spamming the first two bosses in Brayflox HM for whatever tome was hot at the time to work on the relic that involved buying books.
Alexander starts firing gobbies at the raid. Dodge the AoE then kill the gobbies.

Sorian

Banned
Faust does exist in there.

I'm talking like eventual Alexander Floor 13 or something, not wimp mode floor 4.

And if he goes into the playoffs healthy, he's taking that 2nd Superbowl with him.

image.php

My only current beef with Savage is making me realize how terrible it is that my stun and ranged silence share a recast, but my stun only works in melee range. If I'm not announcing "...I just fucked up and we're gonna wipe", I'm confusing my same-charge tether buddy by running away to Suppressive Fire my piston.

It helps that the story doesn't do much for me, but the actual fight evolutions between Normal and Savage still make it feel pretty rewarding.

yea idk why the stun has such a terrible range

iammeiam

yea idk why the stun has such a terrible range

It's that combined with I don't understand why it doesn't share a recast with Blank, the knockback move, instead. Both are 5 yalms and I generally have to intentionally position to use, so it'd be easier to remember blowing one blows the other. Sharing with Head Graze is terrible because I have to remember to not use the ranged oGCD for damage because I need a seemingly unrelated skill 15 seconds later.

Tabris

Let's get back on topic. Here's a cat girl in a bikini.

You have the tastes of an Otaku but you don't come off as one :p

Anyways, back on subject. I am actually not a huge fan of the FFXIV soundtrack compared to previous entries in the series. Outside of some Primal songs and Coil songs, it's pretty medicore. Since it's not fair to compare it to 1-10 and 12-13, let's use FF11:

Here's an example of soothing zone music - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, Hall of the Gods

Epic boss music - Belief, Shadow Lord, Ragnarok

Foreboding music - Despair, Dusk & Dawn

Epic story music - Opening Theme

I think one of the big differences is some of these were made by the master, Nobuo Uematsu, as well as they just feel more like Final Fantasy, while XIV's music is more unique and doesn't feel like Final Fantasy at all.

Pachimari

I got all day tomorrow, so I'm gonna level up so hard! :D

And wow, I didn't know there was a software for my Corsair Vengeance M95 mouse. I guess I can map keys to the macro keys on my now, and actually use it with FFXIV now!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I think one of the big differences is some of these were made by the master, Nobuo Uematsu, as well as they just feel more like Final Fantasy, while XIV's music is more unique and doesn't feel like Final Fantasy at all.

Nice myth, but with exception of very few tracks (only one on your list is one of those), FF11 soundtrack was done by Mizuta and Tanioka.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Two of them were done by uematsu actually but point still remains. It feels more like final fantasy.

To you. "Supposed to feel like Final Fantasy" is the least watertight argument against Soken's work.
His new boss theme has a lot more Final Fantasy tradition in it than Uematsu's bona fide work for XIV, for example.
It's almost like 11 and 14 were going for different kinds of atmosphere.

i finished DRK story. that one was pretty nice, esp. the ending. original MRD/WAR used to be my favorite. they botched that one hard this time. it was quite average. a shame!

also got
fLq8HOx.jpg

rank 50 PVP. walking around as iron man inside a behemoth is quite fun. not sure which set to get next. PVP is getting worse since many of the better players on our mael side got their max rank and play less. the queue is also getting worse. i couldn't even get in yesterday.

music: yes, this game has plenty of good tracks. just let me turn off the battle theme and the shitty fate one. whenever i run into a fate i try to get out of there asap.

Kenai

Churning Mists (Night) theme needs more love.

Plenty of music in this game is great for getting me pumped with an encounter, but this theme is relaxing and melancholy and just beautiful. I'd kill to be able to play a piano well enough to replicate it, especially at the end. One of my favorite tracks of all time.

hamchan

Having just done Alexander for the first time today, yeah I like that boss theme. Sounds like robots singing to me. Incredible OST overall.

Top Bottom