• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

The theme of Heavensward's final boss theme and Ramuh's theme are also a stand outs.

Course I am a massive sucker for chanting in Latin and those songs appeal to my very soul.

Pachimari

Are any of you using a mouse with macro keys? I find it a little confusing with the Corsair M95, but how do I switch profiles? I have set them to LED 1 and 2, and made the arrow buttons on the mouse change down and up through profiles, but the LED indicator on the mouse shows, that not a single profile has been chosen.

hamchan

The theme of Heavensward's final boss theme and Ramuh's theme are also a stand outs.

Course I am a massive sucker for chanting in Latin and those songs appeal to my very soul.

Now I'm listening to this theme on youtube and thinking i should queue for the Singularity Reactor right now. Even if it wasn't a very hard fight, I still loved everything about it.

rubius01

While the coil music was great, it got old, and to the point during progression I turned BGM to 0.

And yes, this is the best Final Fantasy soundtrack since IX.

Sorian

Banned
Now I'm listening to this theme on youtube and thinking i should queue for the Singularity Reactor right now. Even if it wasn't a very hard fight, I still loved everything about it.

This:

I think we'll get a harder mode version of it. Maybe 3.1. Maybe later. IDK

But yes, singularity reactor really was flawless in every single category. It wasn't meant to be a hard fight, it was meant to be a spectacle and it delivered in spades.

Pachimari

I seem to have fixed the macro recording on my Corsair Vengeance M95. I can finally use it! And together with the Razor Tartarus. Nice.

I have one problem though, and I don't know if it has to do with the settings, but I hope one of you can help me out with this issue, as I will then be ready control-wise to continue my grand adventure in Eorzea.

I like to rotate the camera manually by holding down the right mouse button, but as soon as I attack I lose control of the camera. How come?

But yes, singularity reactor really was flawless in every single category. It wasn't meant to be a hard fight, it was meant to be a spectacle and it delivered in spades.
I think the only remotely hard part of that fight is if one tank is targeted when both of those knights do a limit break.

xezuru

I forgot about ultima theme, back in the 2.0 days running praetorium in swimsuits and my T5 weapon dodging lasers and von Baelsar or whatever were the greatest, now people are just too overleveled for that shit and will think i'm in glamour :(
Those were the best of times.

MogCakes

I've been reduced to logging in once a day to do EX roulette for tomes and that's it. I have no interest in savage or i210 gear. Gimme story SE, I'm thirsty

WolvenOne

I've been reduced to logging in once a day to do EX roulette for tomes and that's it. I have no interest in savage or i210 gear. Gimme story SE, I'm thirsty

Alas, this is the downside about creating higher ilvl caps to go with each raid gear. In 2.0, while ilvl90 gear isn't necessary to complete the casual content, it became SO much easier once you were in a party where everyone was about full ilvl80-90 that it created a good incentive for even casual players to gear up.

Now, if you go into a dungeon with everyone at full ilvl190, you can almost faceroll it. If you're only doing casual content there isn't much incentive to gear up beyond that. My big fear is that future dungeons just won't scale up fast enough to give players incentive to gear up. The first six or so dungeons of 2.X ended up being some of the hardest in the patch cycle, because at the ilvl90 cap you could only outgear them oh so much. The dungeons added afterward didn't scale quite as quickly as the ilvls of the average players.

And that was with 20ilvl jumps every new raid cycle. With 3.X is looks like we're going to be seeing 30ilvl jumps, maybe even 40ilvl jumps. I'm just not sure they can scale up casual content fast enough to make new gear relevant, after a certain point.

Granted, I'm often wrong. Watch as I once again end up worrying over nothing.

WolvenOne

BTW, looks like the Airship Exploration thing is going to have a 24 man limit. So, it's like a small procedurally generated raid, I guess. Could be interesting.

To be clear, I knew about this before, but figured it would be another four or eight man piece of content.

Squishy3

Started on leveling my miner past 50, fuck whoever thought up the level 53 job quest. "Go collect HQ versions of this item that only spawns in hidden veins"

Ken

ccqbp94.png

Bye Gryvan.

chrono01

ccqbp94.png

Bye Gryvan.
The robe looks better than anything BLM have gotten in a while, when it comes to core set pieces. Alexander gear? Ugly! New AF gear? Are you joking? The Law robe is "okay", but ugh.

What the hell?

Edit: The hat still looks ridiculous, but then all BLM hats do.

So yeah, I'm addicted to this game. After this trial I'm going to pick up the game.

I need both ARR and HW, correct? Like, I can't just purchase HW and everything comes with it.

Voror

Are there any recommendations for a type pad of some kind for the PS4? I can't really type things fast enough the other way when with a party and feel I'm a hindrance due to it.

So yeah, I'm addicted to this game. After this trial I'm going to pick up the game.

I need both ARR and HW, correct? Like, I can't just purchase HW and everything comes with it.

Yes, you need both separately.

However, at the early stage I recommend buying ARR only and NOT buying HW unless you really, really want to play the new race from the beginning. There are potions called Fantasia which let you modify your complete appearance later if you'd like, so it's not a big deal in my opinion as you can change your race later. Once you get close to 50, then decide if you want to buy it so you can keep leveling up to 60. By the point you get to HW you'll likely be somewhere between 52-54.

Enjoy it as well! I started playing a few weeks ago and I'm 52 right now on Ninja.

Which server are you on?

Top Bottom