• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

i just want larger+tougher multi-path dungeons with nice loot. wipes all day but good loot. some random spawns. rare spawns with extra loot. higher ilvl but not quite raid tier. doesn't need to be in duty finder. people have to socialize in front of the dungeons, big deal. you have to be there to enter. do you know the loc. of the dungeon you last entered? heh.

just put swimsuits in there and everyone will go.

Every so often I go back and look at maps of older mmos dungeons and just get sad.

Just go and look at an original BRD map and remember what we have lost. :c

Valor

I need a ballgag for my Au Ra

XujHL.gif

Ninja esoterics looks so bad that I'll more than likely being glaming right back into the first set of AF whenever I get a full set after DRK. A lot of these sets just look so bad...

I haven't seen it, but I doubt it could look worse then the Dragoon's set.

They FOUND a way D:

Honestly I think most of the previous AF sets look better than the new stuff and that includes crafters as well minus culinary. The only sets that are an improvement are gatherers in my opinion. I want that miners/fishing set in my life, but hey scrips and shits amirite.

Zomba13

Oh weird. We're only getting two new dungeons per patch in 3.X, instead of three.

I guess that's okay as they're apparently doing it so they can spend more time creating different kinds of content, but it does make me wonder which dungeons won't be getting a HM version.

That really sucks. It's all ready shitty just running two dungeons for DREX, with 3 there is enough variety I think so they don't get old. With two it's either one or the other.

WolvenOne

The treadmill is only really fun the first time. Then you realize that MMOs are designed like the gaming version of Sisyphus, you roll the rock up the hill, it rolls down, you roll it up the hill, it rolls down. Forever.

Eh, yes and no. Coil's always going to have a special place in my heart for me, but I'm enjoying Alexander well enough.

Well, okay not A2S, but that's because it's fiddly as heck. :p

Maelstrom absolutely shit today (Friday-through early Sat morning). No wins, almost all 3rd place finishes. Might be faster at this point to switch to a faster queue times of flames even if win/loss ratio is the same to get to 200 wins and rank 49 than it would be to stick with Maelsuck lately.

WolvenOne

Back during Secure, there were multiple times when certain grand companies would get reputations for being good. Then invariably a bunch of players switch GCs, it hits a tipping point, and their win ratio goes down.

Then another GC gets a reputation, and the whole thing begins again.

Ken

If they're two good dungeons I don't really care.

Someone brought it up before but there's usually a stinker people try to avoid in 2.x dungeon triplets.

BadRNG

If they are both easy to speed run no one will care, that is generally main thing for any "favorite" at any given tier. This usually means tightly packed trash and straightforward/quick boss mechanics.

I am curious what the ilevel will be, 170? Is it to early to add an alternative to law.

Man, I'm having serious issues completing Bismarck (Hard). I've joined 10 parties so far in order to try and progress my MSQ, giving them all atleast 3 wipes before leaving, all of them have failed at varying intervals of the battle.

Not using the Shield Generator properly, stacking up the 2 big serpents, not killing bubbles, not clicking Dragonkillers when they activate, getting knocked off of the platform by adds, you name it and it has happened.

Man, I'm having serious issues completing Bismarck (Hard). I've joined 10 parties so far in order to try and progress my MSQ, giving them all atleast 3 wipes before leaving, all of them have failed at varying intervals of the battle.

Not using the Shield Generator properly, stacking up the 2 big serpents, not killing bubbles, not clicking Dragonkillers when they activate, getting knocked off of the platform by adds, you name it and it has happened.

If you're on Ultros I'm sure some of us can help you. If not, then RIP!

IvorB

One freshly minted level 50 dragoon:

ihDA6zJ.jpg

I really like this job so I think I'll keep going to 60. I like the leveling experience so it's nice to be able to do it at a leisurely pace without feeling rushed like I did for black mage.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Was reading this:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...ation-Interview-with-Yoshida-at-Gamescom-2015

Some interesting stuff, like the fact that Matsuno wrote some of the side quests. Some disappointing stuff... like they plan to do 1 less dungeon than before in the upcoming patches.

Thanks for posting this.

2 dungeons per patch is...well, whatever. If they don't move Neverreap and Fractal out of EX, the number of possible dungeons choices per EX can increase so that's not awful I guess. Paying a bit of attention to Gold Saucer is a good move, but I doubt it lasts long. New 24 man should be interesting first couple of times but I bet they implement a weekly lockout as usual.

Here's hoping for some decent story stuff I guess.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
AST on A3 Savage is like asking to die even more.

There is a team that did it; their rationale was that the second healer has no time to DPS but cards will help with DPS regardless. From the parse it looked like the SCH carried that fight though so idk.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
There is a team that did it; their rationale was that the second healer has no time to DPS but cards will help with DPS regardless. From the parse it looked like the SCH carried that fight though so idk.

Right, paired with a SCH it's fine but with a WHM? lol

Voror

Feels like leveling has slowed down a bit since getting into the twenties, though I guess that should be expected. Started dipping into the levequests which I hope will be okay since I was trying to save those for alt classes based on recommendations. Though I need seals to get a chocobo so it's probably worth it.

Fates have been a bit of trouble since I can never find anyone around for ones of my level. At least the main scenario quests are still offering decent exp.

Thank goodness for those bonuses based on your highest level class when doing other ones.

IvorB

Feels like leveling has slowed down a bit since getting into the twenties, though I guess that should be expected. Started dipping into the levequests which I hope will be okay since I was trying to save those for alt classes based on recommendations. Though I need seals to get a chocobo so it's probably worth it.

Fates have been a bit of trouble since I can never find anyone around for ones of my level. At least the main scenario quests are still offering decent exp.

Thank goodness for those bonuses based on your highest level class when doing other ones.

I think the thing about saving leve allowance is mainly for crafting classes. Don't forget your challenge log as that's good chunks of XP for meeting some requirements. Some are really easy to hit like commending other players, leves, dungeons, FATEs and guildhests.

Valor

just watch galen and feel good about yourself afterwards or take tips from him. I hear he's #1 bard in the fc
Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't have written this after these comments.

Part of bard is coming down to which opener you use because you can coast on that damage spike for a decent ways. I can't parse myself so I don't know which of the two main openers is more viable or spikes higher, but getting down either the double EA opener or Krietor's opener are likely going to be the best way to start out. Really double EA is kind of a ton of buttons all at once and requires a lot more timing, I feel, to properly maximize where Krietor's is pretty basic stuff.

Once you're rolling there are a few things to try to keep in mind.

1. Try to use every SS proc with EA backing it up
2. Optimally you should try to Iron Jaws your dots with IR twice -> once after IR cast and once just before it goes off, even if you clip the dots substantially.
3. Iron jaws around 3 seconds or less
4. Bloodletter takes priority over damn near everything else, especially with how fast they reset now.

Depending on your latency I've used Iron Jaws at 1 second left and gotten the dots to re-up, so the later you hold that IJ the better off you are. I would clip dots if you have them ticking and get buffs up like B4B/HE/IR. I haven't run numbers on the "optimal" amount of ticks for IJ to go off for it to be a pure potency gain, but I'd assume that it isn't very many. Most bosses don't tick while they jump (I think Bubble Butt does?) so knowing the timing of the phases is important to not waste a GCD on Iron Jaws versus Heavy Shot/Straight Shot Proc if you aren't gonna get the ticks.

Blah blah blah. Bard is still about the opener and Bloodletter procs, but a big key to maintaining good deeps, I feel, is managing your Straight Shot Procs effectively. My EA is like 14.whatever second recast now and SS Proc has a 10 second run off. You can, in theory, use every single SS proc for EA, which is going to keep your dps up since you're spinning the global cooldowns while dealing with EA's garbage mechanic.

Fee

Anyone still playing bard out there have some tips on maintaining ~1000 dps?

It's really not that complicated. Make sure everything is always on cooldown basically while maintaining your two dots. If you arn't over 1000 you are either not being smart about your movement or are missing GCDs or abilities that can be used inbetween.

Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't have written this after these comments.

Part of bard is coming down to which opener you use because you can coast on that damage spike for a decent ways. I can't parse myself so I don't know which of the two main openers is more viable or spikes higher, but getting down either the double EA opener or Krietor's opener are likely going to be the best way to start out. Really double EA is kind of a ton of buttons all at once and requires a lot more timing, I feel, to properly maximize where Krietor's is pretty basic stuff.

Once you're rolling there are a few things to try to keep in mind.

1. Try to use every SS proc with EA backing it up
2. Optimally you should try to Iron Jaws your dots with IR twice -> once after IR cast and once just before it goes off, even if you clip the dots substantially.
3. Iron jaws around 3 seconds or less
4. Bloodletter takes priority over damn near everything else, especially with how fast they reset now.

Depending on your latency I've used Iron Jaws at 1 second left and gotten the dots to re-up, so the later you hold that IJ the better off you are. I would clip dots if you have them ticking and get buffs up like B4B/HE/IR. I haven't run numbers on the "optimal" amount of ticks for IJ to go off for it to be a pure potency gain, but I'd assume that it isn't very many. Most bosses don't tick while they jump (I think Bubble Butt does?) so knowing the timing of the phases is important to not waste a GCD on Iron Jaws versus Heavy Shot/Straight Shot Proc if you aren't gonna get the ticks.

Blah blah blah. Bard is still about the opener and Bloodletter procs, but a big key to maintaining good deeps, I feel, is managing your Straight Shot Procs effectively. My EA is like 14.whatever second recast now and SS Proc has a 10 second run off. You can, in theory, use every single SS proc for EA, which is going to keep your dps up since you're spinning the global cooldowns while dealing with EA's garbage mechanic.

i put in tips

Voror

I think the thing about saving leve allowance is mainly for crafting classes. Don't forget your challenge log as that's good chunks of XP for meeting some requirements. Some are really easy to hit like commending other players, leves, dungeons, FATEs and guildhests.

Oh I didn't know that. I am planning to dive into those classes so I can make my own stuff, but am focusing on the regular classes right now.

I realized I never did the quest to unlock the challenge log. I've largely been avoiding side quests to save them for when I'm doing the other classes. I suppose I should start dipping into those more.

Dungeons and guildhests I haven't been able to do much of unfortunately other than the first time for the story. I've been able to run with some members of my FC but with work I often miss them. Duty roulette still confuses me a bit. The one I know is up right now last in checked indicated a tank but I'm DPS though I may be misunderstanding that.

Top Bottom