• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Is it safe to upgrade to Windows 10, guys? I use my PC mostly for internet-y things and occasionally Final Fantasy XIV nowadays... But my main platform is still PS4.

Croyles

Is it safe to upgrade to Windows 10, guys? I use my PC mostly for internet-y things and occasionally Final Fantasy XIV nowadays... But my main platform is still PS4.

I upgraded yesterday and haven't had any major problems so far, but then again I've only had it for a day so...

Woah lancers are so much more enjoyable than the archers. Sorry my fellow archers, I'm switching over :(

Ordered my game from amazon! Can't wait to start playing with some of you people.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So I'm tanking in an early dungeon and one of the DPS pulls a group which he had done prior in the dungeon and I didn't raise a stink over and so I run off to cover him again and we get wiped. So I ask him as to why he pulled the group, not trying to be confrontational or anything, but just trying to make him realize the error of his ways. He goes into denial about the incident and then the other DPS starts absolutely raging telling everyone to shut the fuck up and starts berating me. The healer bails, the DPS stay berating me then they threaten to leave, I tell them to leave, they finally leave but not before getting their last words in specifically Early McPull the jackass.

/sigh

Got a great piece of advice from another FC member, he said "just let them die." Oh I will, I will.

Soma

Got a great piece of advice from another FC member, he said "just let them die." Oh I will, I will.
Had a similar experience yesterday since i recently started getting some practice in with DRK. With the added bonus of them being a MCH and using that oh so lovely knockback skill.

Thankfully they dc'ed later on.

Other than that i've been enjoying tanking the more i run dungeons.

Ken

Yeah, like Neverreap. Oh.

I don't mind Neverreap too much.

I actually find the trash less annoying than Fractal, and the bosses aren't just turret fights so I get to mess around with different rotations. I also get upskirts with every tornado.

Voror

How do you unlock the various other Duty Roulettes I've seen? I've only got Guildhests and Leveling right now. Do they just unlock as you go along then?

Ken

How do you unlock the various other Duty Roulettes I've seen? I've only got Guildhests and Leveling right now. Do they just unlock as you go along then?

Clear all the dungeons and you'll naturally open them up. High Level opens at 50 and EXDR at 60. Main Scenario when you clear those Story instances.

You basically can't do a roulette until you've cleared all the dungeons in the roulette's rotation once.

Voror

Clear all the dungeons and you'll naturally open them up. High Level opens at 50 and EXDR at 60. Main Scenario when you clear those Story instances.

You basically can't do a roulette until you've cleared all the dungeons in the roulette's rotation once.

Gotcha. Just make due with what I have then for now. Thank you.

Sifl

I'm probably never gonna complete Bismarck Ex. The times I've tried it in the pf have either just gone horribly, or I don't meet the gear requirements.

Having a good time on my warrior and close to hitting lvl 50. I still have a lot of story quests to tackle though. If I don't buy Heavensward now, will all that xp be lost?

suzu

Having a good time on my warrior and close to hitting lvl 50. I still have a lot of story quests to tackle though. If I don't buy Heavensward now, will all that xp be lost?

Yeah. I think some people have said that the 2.0 MSQ helped them get up to level 52~53 before they even started the Heavensward MSQ?

yea, the MSQ only give 4800exp later on. but if you do daily roulettes and normal quests you can level way past 50. don't lose that exp if you plan to play this game til 60.

So thinking of getting back into this, but I seem to have lost access to my account. Trying to reset the password my go-to security question isn't working so i guess I have to contact support. Anybody have experience with sqeenix support? Should I try harder to access the account or will their support reliably get it back to me within a few days?

Also some other random thoughts if anyone feels like answering: Whats a good site for learning the class dynamics for someone just coming back having never played Heavensward with an interest in endgame? I've always raided in WoW and if this game grabs me again that's what I'll be interested in. Is Blue Gartr still the best place for discussion?

How did DRK turn out? I did play PLD near release and enjoyed tanking. Probably going to level WAR first to sort of restart but probably will level all three.

So thinking of getting back into this, but I seem to have lost access to my account. Trying to reset the password my go-to security question isn't working so i guess I have to contact support. Anybody have experience with sqeenix support? Should I try harder to access the account or will their support reliably get it back to me within a few days?

Also some other random thoughts if anyone feels like answering: Whats a good site for learning the class dynamics for someone just coming back having never played Heavensward with an interest in endgame? I've always raided in WoW and if this game grabs me again that's what I'll be interested in. Is Blue Gartr still the best place for discussion?

How did DRK turn out? I did play PLD near release and enjoyed tanking. Probably going to level WAR first to sort of restart but probably will level all three.

When I had to get my one time password removed the chat support was more helpful for me than the email or phone support.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Zj038A6.jpg

xezuru

Almost powerleveled my Alchemist to 50, honestly, I only want this class for STR potions to feed my MNK, you guys think leveling the class a bit higher and just using story/shop gear at higher level would be able to do that?

Aselith

Almost powerleveled my Alchemist to 50, honestly, I only want this class for STR potions to feed my MNK, you guys think leveling the class a bit higher and just using story/shop gear at higher level would be able to do that?

Well there are higher level str potions and the glues particularly sell for a lot you could definitely use shop gear to level in and it would probably be worth it to earn some extra cash. Easiest way would be to just try to do the GC turn in everyday and eventually you'lll get there.

The new potions are way too costly and tedious to make. Oh and you only make one for all of your troubles.

Anyone know when Ruin 3 is useful? That mp cost is ewwew.

Cajun

Neo Member
So I've been thinking about transferring to Ultros, but I'm not sure how much I'll like it on that server. Progression raiding is really the main draw for my decision. Most of the big name end game players on my server (Famfrit) left recently because the community has been dying since 2.5, and now a large part of my FC is making the move as well.

I was just wondering how lively the raiding community is on Ultros. How hard do you think it would be for an MNK that's in A3 savage to find a group at the same level?

Raijinken

So I've been thinking about transferring to Ultros, but I'm not sure how much I'll like it on that server. Progression raiding is really the main draw for my decision. Most of the big name end game players on my server (Famfrit) left recently because the community has been dying since 2.5, and now a large part of my FC is making the move as well.

I was just wondering how lively the raiding community is on Ultros. How hard do you think it would be for an MNK that's in A3 savage to find a group at the same level?

There are very few groups on Ultros that are on A3 savage. You should be looking at the Gilgamesh server.

Collectables have invalidated leve's for crafting as far as I'm concerned. I made it from 50 to 52 in under an hour not counting gathering mats for agate rings on miner

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Collectables have invalidated leve's for crafting as far as I'm concerned. I made it from 50 to 52 in under an hour not counting gathering mats for agate rings on miner

Collectibles aren't timegated but you need a lot more turn-ins which gets insane with how many raw mats any post-50 craft requires.

Collectibles aren't timegated but you need a lot more turn-ins which gets insane with how many raw mats any post-50 craft requires.

Eh, time I have as far as mats are concerned. Not to mention there's plenty of exp to be had beforehand by prepping your own mats instead of buying outright from the market. I see nothing but win-win as I level Goldsmith so far.

I've been playing my SCH who is only 2 ilvls behind my 187 AST and I've come to this horrible realization that healing as a SCH is so much easier than as a AST and I'm expecting the same when I get my WHM from 50 to 60 as well.

6MUhvOT.gif

Fuck you Yoshi make AST's heals better.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I've been playing my SCH who is only 2 ilvls behind my 187 AST and I've come to this horrible realization that healing as a SCH is so much easier than as a AST and I'm expecting the same when I get my WHM from 50 to 60 as well.

6MUhvOT.gif

Fuck you Yoshi make AST's heals better.

Maybe Astros should go back to doing what they are good at
playing with cards
and leaving the healing to the jobs that can do it.

image.php

Top Bottom