• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

aceface

It's not hard to do BUT it did take us a quite a bit of wipes for me to figure out the set up which starts at the very beginning of a phase to even make it work since prey targets need to be at around 90% hp when they get marked without me wasting a single atherflow or the WHM healing more than normal.

Ok, so are you gonna post that paragraph here or just tell us about it. I could use the help.

Tabris

Damn :lol Spent that time making a post to help people with crossbars and it was last post on the page.

If anyone wants ideas for crossbars, check the previous page :)

Cømet

Banned
Here are screenshot examples of what I was talking about - I have redundant items on macro crossbar (just for my muscle memory mistakes right now) that can be replaced with level 60 to 70 items or PVP actions.

Sheathed crossbar
XCf9XkC.jpg

Unsheathed crossbar
mWhVwG8.jpg

Macro crossbar
Jotw5ea.jpg

Extended crossbar
THFUHfS.jpg

That's genius, love it. Will definitely reconfig to a sheathe/unsheathed hotbar setup. I mean, only currently use two full hotbars for any of my three 60 classes (ignoring PvP which I do on my PLD, muscle memory there), but it's an excellent idea for transferring companion/minion skills to a quicker-to-access bar, plus future skils that we'll get.

Bravo!

This game is so incredible.

Sifl

That setup looks a lot simpler then mine, but at the same time I finally just got comfortable with my buttons, so idk if it's worth the possibility of messing with my muscle memory.

Tabris

That setup looks a lot simpler then mine, but at the same time I finally just got comfortable with my buttons, so idk if it's worth the possibility of messing with my muscle memory.

It takes a bit of time but now's the time to change as controller will keep getting harder and harder to use each expansion.

Plus once you get the muscle memory down (I'm still working on it), it should improve your time to action.

Sifl

It takes a bit of time but now's the time to change as controller will keep getting harder and harder to use each expansion.

Plus once you get the muscle memory down (I'm still working on it), it should improve your time to action.
Yep, that's prob the only reason I'm considering it. I just have enough space for all my skills with my current setup, no room for potions tho.

Cømet

Banned

100% this. It's worth the small amount of extra effort to really get more out of your rotation.

I was never worried about DPS as a PLD, but playing as DRG I love nothing better than maxing my DPS contribution. This'll make that much easier.

Valor

I highly recommend switching buttons to more easy to access areas if your shit is super complicated. Sometimes I just revamp my whole layout to make my opener/whatever more accessible easier.

This reminds me I need to figure out something better for my crossbar when playing dps and pld.

There's no trouble when I'm playing healer except maybe Scholar but that is moreso due to pet management.

I'm on Cactuar, I was actually going to ask if any other gaffers were on Cactuar but I just searched this topic instead. I'm currently playing solo a lot (Disciple of the Land stuff) but getting through dungeons or bosses is always fun.

Awesome, I'll PM you my in-game name. I play with some RL friends, but my FC is an established one on the server with some great people.

Sifl

I'm so done with Bismarck ex-_-

I get close and something always happens.
It's always the tanks on this fight. Was doing it today for 3-4 hours with the same group, we kept having to kick tanks that kept fucking up the swap during the snakes. We only got past that point like 3-4 times during the 4 hours.

Lurra

Neo Member
Hi guys, I am recently new to FFXIV, I played the XI long time ago and now when I have the time I play XIV.
I play on the Ragnarok server.
But I have a question, I use the ps3 game, some of my friends have said to me that this could be a problem in the doungeon boss fights (titan and so on) due to the lag and the 30 fps, is this legit?
I am asking because I really like the game, I have paid it like nothing but the idea that I can't fully "enjoy" the game itself due to this problems would prevent me to pay monthly, so I don't know what to do.
(ps4/pc gaming is out of the picture due to the fact that I don't have the big moneyz :( )

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ok, so are you gonna post that paragraph here or just tell us about it. I could use the help.

Have 3 Atherflow saved up. Whm focuses healing the tanks soon as you are done dodging resin bombs.

Once tanks have both Oppressors in place queue up Emergency Tactics (You need to do it early so it's off cooldown later) -> After first aoe Succor - > Soon as emergency deployment is mid cast Rouse/Whispering Dawn -> Dodge Resin bomb -> Soon as you dodge the laser precast Succor -> Big aoe hits Succor heals right after while prey targets get marked -> Adlo both Prey targets -> When Prey has 1 second left Start casting Adlo on the squishier target -> Physick the second target -> Lustrate the 1st -> Lustrate the second -> Use 3rd lustrate on a prey target that is still really low, or on a tank if needed, if not use it for an energy drain.

Heal/dps like normal after til next jump.

Repeat every landing.

Also make sure you are Adloing and deployment tactics every jump.

You can squeeze dps inbtween the first emergency tactics and dodging the resin but get down the healing part first and get comfy with it.

Even with that aoe healing and dpsing you should never really drop below half MP and with that patern of healing when targets get marked for prey they should already be near 90% HP.

If both tanks get marked for prey instead of physicking the second prey you need to adlo them.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is the GAF FC on Ultros pretty active and up to date with things? I really want to be active and contribute to a nice FC but I keep ending up in small ones with one or two friends that don't really do anything or keep up with content (FC house, gardening, stables, airship stuff, etc. that require group attention) so I've been wary to dedicate money or time into things like personal quarters.

Thinking about switching over, I assume it's got a lot of you playing but wanted to make sure I ask before doing a transfer and applying.

E: Any Triple Triad players? This has been the hardest thing for me. I have a gambling problem and need others to help support it.

We have a mansion in Mist Ward 1, we have a garden and a stockpile of items (you can reserve items by posting in the guildworks forum), we have a stable that's kept clean, 3 airships (working towards the 4th), and we'll soon have a lv 3 wheel stand/buffs.

As for triple triad players, there's several people who collect cards and participate in the tourny's. Don't really see them actively searching for people to play in fc chat though.

We also have the triple triad deck in the house if you want to play there.

Jeels

I asked rai this but want to double check. Is there an easy way I can see how my current gear on my old lala? PS4 player here.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Are there any regular GAF Savage runs? EX runs? Considering joining up because a friend and I are in need of a good bunch of folks to run that content with.

Jeels

Are there any regular GAF Savage runs? EX runs? Considering joining up because a friend and I are in need of a good bunch of folks to run that content with.

Oh ya. Just ask in the fc chat and you are bound to have a few people join. There are dedicated help nights too.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I've seen a few BisEX and Ravana EX runs in the last couple of weeks. I'm sure it'll be more common once it becomes required content for the next EX.

As for Savage, no. People run it with their statics and it's still too fresh for anyone to bother doing runs with random fc members. It'll probably stay that way until they end the loot lockout for it.

xeris

Hi guys, I am recently new to FFXIV, I played the XI long time ago and now when I have the time I play XIV.
But I have a question, I use the ps3 game, some of my friends have said to me that this could be a problem in the doungeon boss fights (titan and so on) due to the lag and the 30 fps, is this legit?
I am asking because I really like the game, I have paid it like nothing but the idea that I can't fully "enjoy" the game itself due to this problems would prevent me to pay monthly, so I don't know what to do.
(ps4/pc gaming is out of the picture due to the fact that I don't have the big moneyz :( )

I haven't played on the ps3 myself, but from what I've seen you should be fine for the most part. Best thing to do is hit a guild before you do any fight so you have a general idea of what you're getting into. Dunno what you play, but if you're really worried try them as dps. The low level dungeons are easy enough where you can "hide" a bit if you're being slightly laggy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh sorry. Everything but that probably. Lol.

For alex 1 I think if the person you were helping was a tank or dps it would be pretty doable, but only 1 or 2 at a time so no item drops unless the others had plenty of exp already with it.

2 really good healers that are comfortable with the fight and people that know how to max out their dps are what's the true requirement to beat it.

iammeiam

The dark secret of A1S is once you've seen the first three minutes, you've seen the entire fight. It makes it pretty easy to run partial cleared groups through as long as the rest of the group has basically seen and survived a jump and everyone can more or less do their thing.

We've done a couple of frankengroups for single chest/pages, and they've gone pretty smoothly. No blind runs yet, but A1S legitimately seems to be the kind of thing you could get early experience with in PF and move on to a one-chest clear group pretty easily.

We rolled one into A2S just for the hell of it today and got up through wave 8 I think? in an hour. A2S is trickier in that you see all the bits and pieces up front and then the back half of the fight is just getting them thrown at you in new configurations, and the whole gob walker thing, but I think it should end up being doable with more time.

TheYanger

Ok just finished Heavensward story. Pretty good. significantly better than 2.0, I was actually surprised by some of the directions they took stuff.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

PS3 is pretty mediocre compared to PC/PS4, but playable- Dramatis still plays on PS3 and can do stuff perfectly fine; it's just in some big areas the game gets aggressive with culling player models (and you might wonder where the hell the lighting and textures went sometimes).

Jeels

Asami don't hate me but I just got Zidane card in probably 40k total worth of MGP (20 or so packs) :)

Other people take a similar number of packs when trying to unlock Zidane? I have about 270k mgp and I don't know whether to keep saving for nanamo and cloud or do try foe Zidane.

Tabris

Other people take a similar number of packs when trying to unlock Zidane? I have about 270k mgp and I don't know whether to keep saving for nanamo and cloud or do try foe Zidane.

I was mentioning to Asami as I think it takes like 100+ packs for other people

aceface

Have 3 Atherflow saved up. Whm focuses healing the tanks soon as you are done dodging resin bombs.

Once tanks have both Oppressors in place queue up Emergency Tactics (You need to do it early so it's off cooldown later) -> After first aoe Succor - > Soon as emergency deployment is mid cast Rouse/Whispering Dawn -> Dodge Resin bomb -> Soon as you dodge the laser precast Succor -> Big aoe hits Succor heals right after while prey targets get marked -> Adlo both Prey targets -> When Prey has 1 second left Start casting Adlo on the squishier target -> Physick the second target -> Lustrate the 1st -> Lustrate the second -> Use 3rd lustrate on a prey target that is still really low, or on a tank if needed, if not use it for an energy drain.

Heal/dps like normal after til next jump.

Repeat every landing.

Also make sure you are Adloing and deployment tactics every jump.

You can squeeze dps inbtween the first emergency tactics and dodging the resin but get down the healing part first and get comfy with it.

Even with that aoe healing and dpsing you should never really drop below half MP and with that patern of healing when targets get marked for prey they should already be near 90% HP.

If both tanks get marked for prey instead of physicking the second prey you need to adlo them.

I will try this, thank you!

Sorian

Banned
Asami don't hate me but I just got Zidane card in probably 40k total worth of MGP (20 or so packs) :)

Zidane was the easy one, I got like 6-7 of him by the end. Warrior of Light was the one that had me buying a ton of gold packs.

Edit: Before you ask, yes, 40k is faster than I got it, I think my first Zidane was around 100k.

Squishy3

It's really weird as someone who suffered through Bismarck EX pre-Alex to see people complaining about tanks screwing up during the fight lol

iammeiam

Tanks screwing up the Bis EX tank swap on snakes has been a thing since like the weekend of early access, though. Back when the minimum iLevel battle was raging over whether or not you really needed to be i160.

Now that everyone's hovering around i190 the rest of it has sorted itself out, but the tank swap is just as demanding I guess as day 1.

Leunam

During Ravanas second phase in hard mode, where he targets the off tank with Prey, is it at all possible to avoid Suparnakha?

Normally I MT that fight, but on the occasion that I off tank I just take those to the face since they don't deal that much damage. But I've seen lots of off tanks try and dodge those attacks and I don't think it's possible.

Sorian

Banned
Tanks screwing up the Bis EX tank swap on snakes has been a thing since like the weekend of early access, though. Back when the minimum iLevel battle was raging over whether or not you really needed to be i160.

Now that everyone's hovering around i190 the rest of it has sorted itself out, but the tank swap is just as demanding I guess as day 1.

As someone who has never tanked anything seriously, I kind of like that the swap is so hard. Swapping, in itself, is extremely easy but it serves as a good check to show which tanks have a good head on their shoulders and which tanks are just miserable.

Squishy3

Yeah, nothing about that swap is particularly difficult. They stop moving for a second or two after the cast, which is when you provoke the other one, you turn around avoid tornadoes and toss your ranged enmity generator. Ez.

Valor

During Ravanas second phase in hard mode, where he targets the off tank with Prey, is it at all possible to avoid Suparnakha?

Normally I MT that fight, but on the occasion that I off tank I just take those to the face since they don't deal that much damage. But I've seen lots of off tanks try and dodge those attacks and I don't think it's possible.
Assuming prey can be passed in Hard Mode, the OT should probably throw it on the MT, or at least stand there and take the hits. You can't dodge them because he's targetting them at you. I mean, they'll totally murder your party if you want to troll the fight by running into the middle of the party with prey on you. That could be fun, I guess.

Top Bottom