• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

WolvenOne

They should take out Lalafells and just have Lesser Pandas as a playable race.

%5Bffforever.info%5D_ffta2_job_Moogle_Chocoknight.jpg

Behold the next playable race! XD

Omni

Unlocking the ability to use flying mounts has got to be the dullest experience in a game, ever. So boring. I spent hours finding the current things in two areas. No motivation to do the rest ugh

Almost level 57 WHM now though. Can't progress through story until I get there but I have to say, overall I'm enjoying HW a lot more than ARR.

Eldren

Unlocking the ability to use flying mounts has got to be the dullest experience in a game, ever. So boring. I spent hours finding the current things in two areas. No motivation to do the rest ugh

Almost level 57 WHM now though. Can't progress through story until I get there but I have to say, overall I'm enjoying HW a lot more than ARR.

I used this aether currents guide to save time, it made my life much easier.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
lol ya'll worse than Gaters according to random Twitter guy

https://mobile.twitter.com/LucasFFXIV/status/632907031968526337

His "bio" sounds like he belongs on Balmung

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2807731/

In the realm of Eorzea (FFXIV), Lucas is born a Hyur, raised by the Angelini family and became the light's strength as Paladin. His beloved mother is a holy goddess, and his birth-father is a death knight. What does it make of Lucas if angel and devil bears a child? And what is the Angelini legacy? Angelini is a holy Elezen family, guardian angels of the light, and Italians.

Lucas (Unicorn) was also a Hume Paladin in the realm of Vana'diel (FFXI). He begin his journey in Bastok. During his journey, he met a cheerful Mithra Ranger, Nymphe Rundapana, after saving her from some Quadavs. Together they journey and met their friends, the ninja Siryan and the monk Yona, and form the linkshell FIGG. Lucas is also a part of the linkshell Sugoii with Cire, Teslitha, Sanosuke, Tuatini, Hitomikano, and his brother Pooont.

Miracle

Is it just me or are the servers bad today? I'm in Ultros and for the past few days since I started, my connection was fine. Now today for some reason I'm lagging out and there are constant delays.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
This game sure is confusing and there's way too much stuff!

So i've hit level 30 on my Pugilist and the quest to become a monk has appeared. Aside from having to level up the second class to 15 (god help me) is it required to switch to a monk?

Does the pug drop off once you hit max level & end game? Or can you ignore it and continue to be a pug all day?

Jeels

Ended up getting Zidane and WoL within 70k mgp. Got super lucky.

Also got tiamot and gaius running dungeons today with felix.

Overall good day. :)

So i've hit level 30 on my Pugilist and the quest to become a monk has appeared. Aside from having to level up the second class to 15 (god help me) is it required to switch to a monk?

Does the pug drop off once you hit max level & end game? Or can you ignore it and continue to be a pug all day?
You technically don't have to upgrade your class at all if you don't want it, it is just HIGHLY recommended that you do.

Note leveling your Pug. is also leveling your Monk as well. So say you decide to go monk when your pug is level 45, your monk will be level 45 while at the same time if you take your level 47 monk and decide to be Pug again, for whatever reason, your pug will be level 47 as well.

Kenai

Ugh that sucks. :(

Well at the very least it's not just me then. Wonder why today on a Monday night? I could understand a Friday night/weekend but Monday seems kinda random to have this happen. :p

Monday is the last day to cap Esos and other non-script weekly things before the reset.

Upgrading to MNK gives you a boost to base stats and additional Job skills/lategame armor that the expense of some cross class skill options.

In a nutshell, yes you will definitely want to upgrade to Monk. You might not seed to right away, but you should, since you start getting new skills right at level 30 and the stat boosts are quite noticeable the higher level you get..

Getting Lancer to 15 (the secondary class necessary to unlock Monk) shouldn't take too long at all (do leves, guildhests, the hunting log you'll acquire for lancer, FATEs, challenge log, side quests, etc.). Once you have that leveled, you head back to Ul'dah to unlock the Monk quest chain. You'll be rewarded with a Monk Job stone, this is what you equip onto your character to have him/her become a Monk. And you DO NOT TAKE IT OFF. Pugilist and Monk will level simultaneously together. This is how every Job with a base starting class works.

Miracle

Monday is the last day to cap Esos and other non-script weekly things before the reset.

Oh. Well I just starting playing the game a few days ago and I'm still on the trial account. What's Esos?

For now I'm just trying to get my main class and my crafting/gathering class to level 18/19 before I officially buy the game.

Oh. Well I just starting playing the game a few days ago and I'm still on the trial account. What's Esos?

"Esos" is short for Allagan Tomestones of Esoterics, an endgame currency currently used to acquire the Artifact 2 weapons, armor, and accessories for all the battle jobs.

Kenai

For now I'm just trying to get my main class and my crafting/gathering class to level 18/19 before I officially buy the game.

Dunno if you've played other MMOs, but Esos are short for Esoteric tomes. They are the capped endgame currency used to buy the current highest ilvl stuff in the game outside raiding. And not only is the gear good, but because it's everyone's signature gear sets with class-specific looks, they're are pretty iconic for glamour too. If we don't cap them each week we fall behind loot making AS progressively easier each week with better gear (although doing the daily dungeon every day by itself will cap you for the week so it's not too hard to do)

Is it just me or are the servers bad today? I'm in Ultros and for the past few days since I started, my connection was fine. Now today for some reason I'm lagging out and there are constant delays.

Yea,it was horrible today. Was doing neverreap and 3 healers in a row lagged out:/

Where are you two located? Lots of people in my area are having trouble connecting. https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3hdmgl/nonstop_90002_error/

Miracle

Dunno if you've played other MMOs, but Esos are short for Esoteric tomes. They are the capped endgame currency used to buy the current highest ilvl stuff in the game outside raiding. And not only is the gear good, but because it's everyone's signature gear sets with class-specific looks, they're are pretty iconic for glamour too. If we don't cap them each week we fall behind loot making AS progressively easier each week with better gear (although doing the daily dungeon every day by itself will cap you for the week so it's not too hard to do)

Oh...well I guess I'm already behind but no fair! XD

Am I able to acquire Esos on a trial account or no?

If you mean the two-week free trial, then no, Esoteric tomestones are only available once you are at level 60 (and have Heavensward), and the trial has a cap of level 20 iirc.

I wouldn't even worry about it. You have a long way to go through the story. By time you would need to start collecting them I wouldn't be surprised if they upped the limit you can get a week.

i really love the shitfests in this game. queued for A3 via DF for a quickie. my new scrub DK needs some practice. so we get to boss and then people notice the other DK doesn't have provoke. i think everyone stood there paralyzed until the other DK ragequit a min. later. luckily, it was doable with 7 without issues.

what else to do before i log off? queue for low level roulette! AV? ok, np. the last 5 runs were smooth. but this paladin named john something was puzzling. level 60 pala, with almost every other class at level 1-3. we wipe on first room twice. first boss tank dies because he ignores chat and refuses to eat. we march on and notice this guy is spamming halone the whole time. he does flash randomly, but everything else consists of halone. did i mention how he pops every cooldown in his arsenal before he pulls a boss? i've seen 3 cooldowns max. so far, just to see one of them fall off by the time he gets there, but this guy went all out. it was beautiful. level 60, halone. he can get away with it because we actually didn't wipe anymore. sure, he kept dying to some bosses, but overall the party can pick up the slack. that's how you progress in this game. he actually talked in "say" 3x. "hi" "res my" (very important), and "bye guys""

this one back to back. i'm loving it.

Warriors, what are you buying with eso after the weapon?

i'm going chest. avoided alex drops for it, so it's pretty easy decision for me.

If you're doing your first class, Main Story Quests and Sidequests will level you like crazy. It's silly how fast it is now. If it isn't your first class, then roulettes/challenge log/leves/fates/etc all work well.

Just want to second that if it's your first class, then you should focus MSQ first. Not only does it give you an awesome amount of XP, but that's how you unlock some features in the game (aka, your chocobo mount). Sidequests after that, but only if they are close to your level and/or offer something good in return. If you're lvl 21, no need to pick up that lvl 1 quest which gives you diddly squat for example.

An awesome way to get XP is also dungeons, in addition to the item listed above. Open your DF and select the highest level dungeon you can. Make sure you eat food when you get into the dungeon so you get that 3% XP buff.

Something else which is a pretty nice bump in XP is your hunting log. Keep an eye on which regions you need to hunt in, and mix in leve quests and fates for that area. Doing this while you queue for a dungeon, and picking up any potential side quests for your level you missed with your main, should level you up pretty quick.

Omni

I attempted Coil Turn 5 for the first time and said as such at the beginning. Anyway, apparently I got the other healer killed during some twister thing by moving (I don't know.. no one explained it) and literally 5 people quit instantly...

Feels bad. It was the first wipe too. //shrug. Not trying that again, I suppose.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Are all of the dps esoterics weapons worth it or are some not that great of an option?

They're worth it as an upgrade. In the long run most classes have better Gordian weapons due to secondary stats but well, nobody has those yet.
Weapon Damage is too important.

Tabris

They're worth it as an upgrade. In the long run most classes have better Gordian weapons due to secondary stats but well, nobody has those yet.
Weapon Damage is too important.

Based on difficulty of A3S and A4S, I would never gear based on those gordian drops.

The percentage that will be able to finish A3S and A4S vs T12 and T13 will be pretty big I think. Which I like, there needs to be a little bit of really hard content with worthwhile rewards.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Based on difficulty of A3S and A4S, I would never gear based on those gordian drops.

The percentage that will be able to finish A3S and A4S vs T12 and T13 will be pretty big I think. Wish I like, there needs to be a little bit of really hard content with worthwhile rewards.

Yeah, about that...

Frumix

Suffering From Success
About what? i210 weapons are locked behind it, whether via upgrade or drop/tokens.

Sure they'll probably add upgrades to hunts or whatever, but it'll still be a bit for that.

Eventually it will be easily available and then, shortly, outdated. This is not what a worthwhile reward looks like to me and that's why right now I'm off this ride.
Hell, relics will probably be 205 or something, and then what? Wow, these hours of taking the pedal to the metal really pay off.

ChrisDM

I apologize if this question was asked elsewhere, and I'm confident I've seen it discussed before and wanted to get an updated opinion, but is this game worth getting invested in for someone that much prefers smaller scale content like dungeons over raid content?

I also love mount collecting in MMOs I have played, especially WoW, so that's something I would want to do in this game as they look pretty awesome. Is this a realistic goal?

Top Bottom