• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Jayhawk

O_O

Never realized you could do anything like that... Is there a guide or anything like that which goes into more details about how you could do that?

I didn't use the guide below, but it seems to be a decent write-up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/34cftn/guide_macrobased_ui_101/

You basically set up hotbars on classes you're never going to use (e.g., Gladiator, Lancer, and others without job crystals) and then copy them over to your real jobs/classes using copy commands. For the example GIF I posted, they're copying hotbars from those other classes to a shared hotbar. Useful for job menus and such.

Redx508

Ultros
Looking for a i190+ Melee DPS and Tank/PLD/DKN to join progression static 7pm EST Tuesday,Thursday,Saturday most of us have A1S clears PM for more info

Xux

Would a 51 Miner in the level 51 crafted stuff and blue quest pickaxe be able to gather the three star item it's telling me to get for Blue Scrips?

Valor

So, should I just ignore scrips and grind past them until I get, say, the 55 gear?

It's more that collecting, I feel, is much easier once you have a few of the more important skills. Discerning Eye and Methodical appraisal can work, and you could always give it a try but you'll end up with maybe one or if you're super lucky 2 if your stats are good. I just think collectables get way easier at 57 since you'll have Single Mind and Impulsive Appraisal. Once you get Impulsive at 53 you'll likely have better luck. But yeah, you can definitely collect at low levels just don't be discouraged if you get 1 or 0.

Jayhawk

You can start collecting blue scrips at 55 with NQ NPC gear using the old Natasha rotation that I don't have a link for anymore. RIP

thefil

Finished with the Dravanian Forelands and my depression with HW zones has been tempered somewhat. At least The Churning Mists are pretty for a few in-game hours a day.

Still miss zone hopping though.

WolvenOne

Does anyone know what the Accuracy cap for A3S is? Also any other guides or resources for the fight would be appreciated, not necessary as I'm sure I'll figure it out either way, but appreciated.

Xux

That's what I did.

It's more that collecting, I feel, is much easier once you have a few of the more important skills. Discerning Eye and Methodical appraisal can work, and you could always give it a try but you'll end up with maybe one or if you're super lucky 2 if your stats are good. I just think collectables get way easier at 57 since you'll have Single Mind and Impulsive Appraisal. Once you get Impulsive at 53 you'll likely have better luck. But yeah, you can definitely collect at low levels just don't be discouraged if you get 1 or 0.

You can start collecting blue scrips at 55 with NQ NPC gear using the old Natasha rotation that I don't have a link for anymore. RIP
Alright, I'll keep all this in mind. Thanks.

iammeiam

Does anyone know what the Accuracy cap for A3S is? Also any other guides or resources for the fight would be appreciated, not necessary as I'm sure I'll figure it out either way, but appreciated.

I think like 615 flank, 630-ish front?

This is probably the single most helpful A3S thing I've seen. The entire fight is timed, nothing is % based, so you can more or less use that to work out what CDs to pop when to meet various checks/how long you have between big hits.

Random other things learned via dying: The piston cast is both stunnable AND silenceable, so your bard can help out on quad Pistons (/MCH can silence without needing to run into melee range). Have a melee pick up the vulnerability debuff from the tanks; they won't stack for the slap split due to debuff, so they can get positionals instead. I kind of recommend starting off throwing everything including the kitchen sink at Hand of Pain just to get used to the timing and the post-HoP mechanic, but the goal should be consistently passing without needing to LB or doing anything weird. AOE Adlo before the pull (Convalescence, mantra, etc) can make healing through the first set of splashes a lot less harrying--B4B, unavoidable Protean damage, and then splashes means I and the ninja need babying in P1 without it.

Also if anybody tells you to IB the tornado during adds/Drainage don't listen; they are trying to kill you and wipe your group.

WolvenOne

I think like 615 flank, 630-ish front?

This is probably the single most helpful A3S thing I've seen. The entire fight is timed, nothing is % based, so you can more or less use that to work out what CDs to pop when to meet various checks/how long you have between big hits.

Random other things learned via dying: The piston cast is both stunnable AND silenceable, so your bard can help out on quad Pistons (/MCH can silence without needing to run into melee range). Have a melee pick up the vulnerability debuff from the tanks; they won't stack for the slap split due to debuff, so they can get positionals instead. I kind of recommend starting off throwing everything including the kitchen sink at Hand of Pain just to get used to the timing and the post-HoP mechanic, but the goal should be consistently passing without needing to LB or doing anything weird. AOE Adlo before the pull (Convalescence, mantra, etc) can make healing through the first set of splashes a lot less harrying--B4B, unavoidable Protean damage, and then splashes means I and the ninja need babying in P1 without it.

Also if anybody tells you to IB the tornado during adds/Drainage don't listen; they are trying to kill you and wipe your group.

Thank you, gonna have to study this in depth.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
tumblr_inline_mgjwwugHJz1roqm64.jpg

dark_chris

Im going to start leveling up a gathering class.
Had to leave my static since things are getting hectic in RL and going to be playing at a more slower pace. T_T

Any tips on leveling a gathering class quick? Leves or somethin?

Had to leave my static since things are getting hectic in RL and going to be playing at a more slower pace. T_T

do you GC turn ins every day (can turn in HQ versions for x2 experience), and if you're at 50 do collectables that they introduced. You dont really need to do leves from 50-60. If you're lower do leves, but try and set it up so you're always doing evaluation leves since those give more exp and are quicker than the other ones

Leves with survival manuals from GC. Once you hit 50, you can also turn in collectibles to Mor Dhona, which give really good exp.

yup. almost forgot to get my war chest. what to do with all this useless law....ohyea since we're here, why not get the chest?

back to pvp. i thought i would do less pvp once i hit 50, but now i'm going for monk gear. bought half of everything already.

Squishy3

Today is happy eso chest day right?
I opted for the legs on my DRG over the chest because I have the Alex chest piece, and the eso chest just replaces the skill speed with a bunch of accuracy I don't need, while the legs replaced the alex legs with 86 crit instead of 54 accuracy.

And I'm still at the accuracy cap for Savage Alex even though I'll probably never run it. Just doesn't interest me to run it when it's new and challenging because I don't feel the need to be on the cutting edge of content, and it's not like it's new content, just existing content tweaked to be harder.

I'll be right in line for the new content in 3.1, though.

Is my friend allowed to join the GAF guild? I didn't want to say yes without inquiring, I didn't know if it was for GAFers only or if it was open to others as well.

Edit: just read requirements on the page.

suzu

Is my friend allowed to join the GAF guild? I didn't want to say yes without inquiring, I didn't know if it was for GAFers only or if it was open to others as well.

Edit: just read requirements on the page.

Anyone on ultros around limsa lominsa, new gridania or steps of ul'dah? Need to submit an application ^^

If you're already in the FC, then they should be able to apply by targeting you.

Also you can apply at the placard in front of GAF's house in Mist (Limsa Lominsa) or from any GAFfer hanging around there. This is the quest to get access to Mist.

Top Bottom