• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

dramatis

Living in a country that gives me things like Universal Healthcare, Tolerant Multi-Ethnic Culture, and a Progressive Society. Oh no :p
You're so easy to bait though lol

All I have to do is mention somewhere about how Canada is bad.

By the way, apparently the French speakers of your country don't consider you guys a tolerant multi-ethnic culture.

But they are French speakers, so

WolvenOne

Well most players aren't changing out their glamours that often, so swapping out a piece every week or so isn't a big deal, even for 5-8K a piece. That might be a lot of money for some players, but if you're playing casually you probably aren't keeping up a glamour on more then one or two classes max anyway, and most players don't get new gear to glamour over weekly.

The inventory this takes up is a MUCH bigger issue, and something needs to be done to address it. Best option would be something that attaches glamour-storage to something external, like a vender, NPC, or something. That way they won't have to devote as many resources to storing your glamours. Your own inventory takes up a lot more resources due to it being updated every 15 seconds, I presume an NPC's inventory doesn't get updated nearly as often.

dramatis

So you're telling me that you're trolling me?
Did you make a hairstyle for the Eorzea contest?

We could use some creative Canadian input

Edit: I used to be in a static with a French-speaking Canadian. It was actually a bit strange to me, I wasn't aware that you guys kind of sliced it into provinces.

Tabris

Most nations on this planet have provinces / states.

Quebec originates from Lower Canada which was a colony of France in the 1700's before it was ceded to the British after the Seven Years War.

Upper Canada (which is now Ontario) was the British colony.

Thus why our country is officially bilingual. It's odd that the US education system doesn't spend a lot of time (or any) on the British Empire's history across the world since it's how your country was founded in the first place.

EDIT - I personally think our bilingual status is as archaic as your 2nd amendment and needs to change. I like that there is a huge push for citizens to be bilingual, but I rather the language options to be more varied as French isn't as useful to me then other languages. I rather had taken Mandarin in school then French. I think they are getting better about this though.

Valor

Most nations on this planet have provinces / states.

Quebec originates from Lower Canada which was a colony of France in the 1700's before it was ceded to the British after the Seven Years War.

Upper Canada (which is now Ontario) was the British colony.

Thus why our country is officially bilingual. It's odd that the US education system doesn't spend a lot of time (or any) on the British Empire's history across the world since it's how your country was founded in the first place.

EDIT - I personally think our bilingual status is as archaic as your 2nd amendment and needs to change. I like that there is a huge push for citizens to be bilingual, but I rather the language options to be more varied as French isn't as useful to me then other languages. I rather had taken Mandarin in school then French. I think they are getting better about this though.
zzzzzz, eh?

Audioboxer

Had to take a break the past week. Now only a tiny bit of bar away from 50 \m/ :D

Had an interesting run through cutters cry where the party managed to wipe on the first boss apart from me and I kited it and all the minions around the map for the last bit of it's health. Tense, but fun, Took a few minutes. I'm a summoner so just instant ruin spam and instant bio lol. I know that's hardly an achievement, but I felt proud as a newbie preventing the full wipe!

Well most players aren't changing out their glamours that often, so swapping out a piece every week or so isn't a big deal, even for 5-8K a piece. That might be a lot of money for some players, but if you're playing casually you probably aren't keeping up a glamour on more then one or two classes max anyway, and most players don't get new gear to glamour over weekly.

The inventory this takes up is a MUCH bigger issue, and something needs to be done to address it. Best option would be something that attaches glamour-storage to something external, like a vender, NPC, or something. That way they won't have to devote as many resources to storing your glamours. Your own inventory takes up a lot more resources due to it being updated every 15 seconds, I presume an NPC's inventory doesn't get updated nearly as often.

They really should have given us another dam retainer.

dramatis

Thus why our country is officially bilingual. It's odd that the US education system doesn't spend a lot of time (or any) on the British Empire's history across the world since it's how your country was founded in the first place..
I'm aware you have provinces. What I wasn't aware of is that Canadian French-speakers mostly camp in a province separate from the rest of the bunch.

We don't spend much time in education on Canada, because you're mostly unimportant. lol

You wouldn't have been good at Mandarin anyway. A second lol

Audioboxer

Had to take a break the past week. Now only a tiny bit of bar away from 50 \m/ :D

Had an interesting run through cutters cry where the party managed to wipe on the first boss apart from me and I kited it and all the minions around the map for the last bit of it's health. Tense, but fun, Took a few minutes. I'm a summoner so just instant ruin spam and instant bio lol. I know that's hardly an achievement, but I felt proud as a newbie preventing the full wipe!

From earlier lol

20150819213017.jpg

and woohoo!, hit 50!

Need to finish the main storyline now, and then I'm not sure what's next. I guess find the quest to get my summoner chestpiece.

Posting this again here. Looking for a Euro-friendly raid group (I can raid from 8:30 PM Irish time (3:30 PM eastern) until around midnight (7PM eastern), maybe slightly later if it's only one late night outside weekends.

I main Monk.

Would prefer an Ultros group but willing to transfer for the right group. Cleared T13 before echo, cleared T6 Savage and T9 Savage.

hit me up if you're interested.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Problem is that for SE prism market and gil sink > QoL measurements for vanity gear.

Doubt it. They flooded us with free prisms from dungeon drops. The real explanation is probably "can't be arsed to assign more space in character data sheets".

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I wonder, did SE eved said about if they're gonna improve the glamour system?

Things like multiple glamours on the same piece of gear, or toggle/disable a glamour without having to re-apply prisms?
Only thing I've seen is the ability to glamour gear stored on a retainer.

Q51. A lot of new equipment has been introduced, do you have plans to implement an inventory specifically for glamour, or some type of a gear log?

A51. I understand that players often carry their glamour equipment in the Armoury Chest, and because of this your Armoury is often full. We need to think about the stress being placed on the servers, but would like to somehow increase the quality of life by doing something like adding the ability to glamour from your retainer’s inventory. We’re also looking into saving the glamour status on the client side as a final measure.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...pdate-Thread?p=3128838&viewfull=1#post3128838

Eldren

I'd like an improved preview system. Like trying on multiple items at once, and being able to preview different dyes on pieces directly from the market board or wherever. The ability to dye different sections of an item would be nice, because some pieces come with an obnoxious colour you can't change that doesn't match the rest of your glamour. Serious business.

The live letter is at 5:30am for me which will be a struggle to wake up for but I'll try, I'm excited for this one. Hopefully it won't be too vague and light on details.

Also I fantasiad to an elezen today and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's weird not being as tall as I was but it's fun.

Sifl

I'm trying to complete Ravana Ex using the pf, and the group I was with were waiting for 1 tank for almost an hour. One finally joins, and it's a guy who kept messing up during Bismarck Ex runs I was doing a few days ago. I didnt say anything, and things didn't go so well :(.

Something I've always wondered about in regards to gardening and now company airships: are all members able to participate in these activities or do only higher ranks have access to them?

aceface

For FCs, officers set permissions as to who can garden and send the airship out. I would guess how different FCs handle it varies.

If you were asking about the GAF FC on Ultros specifically,
Drama handles gardening and distributes produce to those who need it. There's a thread to request items on the neogaf guildwork page.

For airships anyone can contribute items. Victor has been coordinating everything but it's really a group effort.

Audioboxer

For Heavensword on PS4 can I buy it digitally online or do I need a disc? My PS4 copy is a PS3 physical copy upgraded to PS4 digital.

Thought I would wait to upgrade but I'm guessing I'm missing out on exp towards 51/52/etc when doing level 50 content?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
For Heavensword on PS4 can I buy it digitally online or do I need a disc? My PS4 copy is a PS3 physical copy upgraded to PS4 digital.

Thought I would wait to upgrade but I'm guessing I'm missing out on exp towards 51/52/etc when doing level 50 content?
Either is fine. I upgraded for free from PS3 and bought Heavensward PS4 from the PS Store.

what other classes would best accommodate my LNC/DRG? Should I level archer to a certain point? Pugilist? Etc. I want to build
My character correctly.

I Apologize for constantly asking questions, I feel like I'm being a bit bothersome. it's just there is a lot for me to take in.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
what other classes would best accommodate my LNC/DRG? Should I level archer to a certain point? Pugilist? Etc. I want to build
My character correctly.

I Apologize for constantly asking questions, I feel like I'm being a bit bothersome. it's just there is a lot for me to take in.

Marauder and Pugilist.

You need to get Marauder to 15 anyway with a Lancer at lvl 30 to unlock Dragoon.

Omni

Attempted The Limitless Blue (Hard) for the first time. Was healing. Think I did a solid enough job but we kept wiping. Apparently DPS wasn't doing enough //shrug.

Fun though. Unlike The Vault >.>

Frumix

Suffering From Success
finally cleared a2s
i'm such a casul now :<

This notion that you can be "late" with content because you're not clearing the same week as w1 is sickness and must be purged. Some people think thoughts like that completely without a tinge of humor.

This notion that you can be "late" with content because you're not clearing the same week as w1 is sickness and must be purged. Some people think thoughts like that completely without a tinge of humor.

That's easy for someone like you to say. Why don't you stop Suffering From Success and come see how the rest of us live sometime.

Top Bottom