• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

so whats a good thing to make to get to 51 on culinarian? cause I am officially over Fig Bavarois'

If you want to grind and have rested XP/challenge log bonuses, I'd suggest making food from Realm Reborn to sell as it's still popular. For combat classes, it's often hard to get the full bonus from the new Heavensward food at the current level of gear and it tends to be very overpriced, and a lot of people are using old food despite meagre stat bonuses out of habit (e.g. Black Truffle Risotto, which has not aged well), or to make up accuracy shortfalls while getting a secondary stat boot (e.g. Apkallu Omelette). Crafting food like Bouillabaisse might be good for selling to fellow crafters levelling up and you might want to prepare some of your own too. Have a look at the market board history and see what's moving.

PS: gc turn-ins gc turn-ins gc turn-ins gc turn-ins. Lots of XP and you can make extra to sell to people who can't be bothered to/don't want to do it themselves.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
CMo3pAwU8AAAD3n.png

I don't

I don't think this guy is joking help.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
You perhaps might've noticed this curious graffiti in Hinterlands.

I'm bad at connecting the dots but it was brought to my attention that the Illuminati group of goblins is called "Blue Hands" in the Japanese version. This goes back all the way to the first time they were introduced.
The reference to this is included in A4 boss theme lyrics, naturally.

Paging Koji-Fox...

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
There are people unironically arguing for Pandemonium Warden and Absolute Virtue-esque fights to be added to the game.

Tanaka's time has come.

Ferr986

There are people unironically arguing for Pandemonium Warden and Absolute Virtue-esque fights to be added to the game.

Tanaka's time has come.

Funny how the people that want these kind of bosses are the ones that never had to fight them before. They really don't know wtf are they talking about.

aceface

3.1 Patch preview time nailed down!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/9676eeae74e329d0f40fb46be7eaeba39cabc148

The date has been set for the twenty-fourth installment of the Letter from the Producer LIVE! Scheduled to be held during the 14-hour anniversary broadcast, this will be the first half of a two-part special previewing what's to come in patch 3.1. Don't miss this chance to get the latest information out of Eorzea!
Date & Time
Friday, August 21, 2015 from 9:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. (PDT)

Themes
Patch 3.1 Preview
Yoshi-P will answer questions taken from the official forum while sharing details of the upcoming patch.

Late night on Friday \o/ I'll be able to watch it live.

I guess the FFVII iOS app description mentions Final Fantasy Portal app like it's supposed to be out. So I guess that will drop soon. It has Triple Triaf support and is linked to your FFXIV cards. Does anyone know if you can get FFXIV stuff out of it or is it just in-app content?

Zomba13

I'm bad at connecting the dots but it was brought to my attention that the Illuminati group of goblins is called "Blue Hands" in the Japanese version. This goes back all the way to the first time they were introduced.

Paging Koji-Fox...

That makes a lot more sense. I wondered why there were blue mittens painted around the place.

I wish that the English translation didn't fuck around with things it didn't need to. Like I don't need the enemy goblin faction to reference a stupid secret society that gets internet memed. Especially when there isn't a reason for it. Like, the Syndicate in Ul'Dah would make mroe sense being called the Illuminati because they actually try to pull the strings behind society in secret.

I'm fine with English localisation changing references that are specific to one language into another, like if there was a reference in the JP version to a popular J-Pop band that wouldn't work in the English version so reference an American or British pop act. Or if the Japanese version is very basic and straight forward but you want to use more flowery versions of the words so it becomes more interesting to read or listen to. But I hate when they change things that don't need to be changed just for a "well memed" reference.

I guess the FFVII iOS app description mentions Final Fantasy Portal app like it's supposed to be out. So I guess that will drop soon. It has Triple Triaf support and is linked to your FFXIV cards. Does anyone know if you can get FFXIV stuff out of it or is it just in-app content?

Oh cool, another opportunity to get wrecked by NPCs using over powered cards while forcing you to use a random selection of shitty 1* cards. This time on the go!

iammeiam

So...this will be a thing for NVIDIA users soon...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1098779

Article is down, suspected Ars Technica posted too soon. A new generation of carries, coming soon.

Has anyone actually tried out the PS4 of equivalent? I imagine latency to be a thing in any content worth having somebody else play for you, but I dunno.

Maybe most useful for crafting and gathering grinding, if you can find somebody trustworthy and bored enough.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I just realized
King Thordan
switches phases at 12% because there's 12
Knights of the Round

Piloting's against the TOS by the by.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=68216&id=5382

http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&tag=users_en

3.1 Sharing Account Information. You may not share your account or login information (such as your Square Enix ID and password) with anyone except your legal guardian, your minor child, or Square Enix. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and login information, even from your friends and family. If you violate this provision, you may unexpectedly lose access to your account to a third party without recourse against Square Enix. Square Enix will not be obliged to credit your Square Enix Account with Crysta or other points or awards, which may have been used by a third party as a result of the violation of this clause.

Technically it's sharing your account information that's prohibited. And basically, it's to say you're liable for charges and activities on your account so don't cry if power level site guy drains all your GIL. Also they want more subs, and account sharing potentially deprives them of that. This isn't a game that solely relies on its competitive nature like DotA2/LoL where somebody "piloting" your character results in a theoretical competitive imbalance, like that one guy recently got banned for...Elo boosting I think was the term?

So the share play functionality is something not covered by the EULA in its current form, but SE could probably add it in at some point because share play = potentially less subs, which is bad to them.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The link hasn't gone live yet and won't go live till the app is released in NA and EU.

Yoshida confirmed that Square Enix is working on releasing the Final Fantasy Portal app, currently released only in Japan, in other regions. He further assured us that until he can be sure that the app is available worldwide and the data from the app can be connected to in-game activities worldwide, they will not be adding that functionality to the Japanese version of the app. In other words, nobody will be able to use the app to play Triple Triad, and gain an advantage in game, until everyone has the same opportunity.

http://gamerescape.com/2015/03/09/pax-east-interview-with-naoki-yoshida/

IvorB

Paging Koji-Fox...

Calling the goblins the "Illuminati" was such a cringeworthy pop cultural reference. I rolled my eyes so hard when I heard that. It's probably the cheesiest name you could possibly pick and it's really out-of-place.

WolvenOne

It was an odd decision, clearly somebody figured we'd never be hearing from these Goblins again and figured it'd be funny or something. Bit of an opps if you ask me, but it's an opps they're stuck with.

Ferr986

I wonder, did SE eved said about if they're gonna improve the glamour system?

Things like multiple glamours on the same piece of gear, or toggle/disable a glamour without having to re-apply prisms?

Things like multiple glamours on the same piece of gear, or toggle/disable a glamour without having to re-apply prisms?
I had considered multiple glamours on the same piece of equipment, but then I thought what hell that would probably be to program and then how many extra menus they would have to add. Not to mention you would kill the prisms market.

Squishy3

I'd like if it worked like Guild Wars 2's does, except while still having prisms. Use a prism once on the piece of gear and then it's in a "glamour library" or whatever and you can just pull your glamours from that without having to use a prism for every single piece.

iammeiam

I just want glamour transfer. Having to dig the item off retainer every time I get a gear upgrade is kind of annoying. It can consume a prism I don't care.

WolvenOne

I just want glamour transfer. Having to dig the item off retainer every time I get a gear upgrade is kind of annoying. It can consume a prism I don't care.

Consuming prisms isn't a problem, they aren't that costly. A bigger problem in my view is the simple fact that if you want to glamour a set you have to keep said set in your inventory, FOREVER. This creates problems finding sets, and takes up valuable inventory space, (even space on your retainer is somewhat valuable.)

I'd much rather create a Glamour Logbook, or something, even if it could only be accessed in one space.

Moaradin

I just want glamours to have their own UI. Make a system to convert items to glamour only with a crafted item or something. Anything to clear out my retainers D:

Ferr986

I had considered multiple glamours on the same piece of equipment, but then I thought what hell that would probably be to program and then how many extra menus they would have to add. Not to mention you would kill the prisms market.

Problem is that for SE prism market and gil sink > QoL measurements for vanity gear.

There doesn't need to have much menus, just some preset list like the gear list, but for glamours.

I'd like if it worked like Guild Wars 2's does, except while still having prisms. Use a prism once on the piece of gear and then it's in a "glamour library" or whatever and you can just pull your glamours from that without having to use a prism for every single piece.

This would be perfect, but as I said SE seems to be more worried about making it a gil sink that making it an useful feature.

Consuming prisms isn't a problem, they aren't that costly. A bigger problem in my view is the simple fact that if you want to glamour a set you have to keep said set in your inventory, FOREVER. This creates problems finding sets, and takes up valuable inventory space, (even space on your retainer is somewhat valuable.)

I'd much rather create a Glamour Logbook, or something, even if it could only be accessed in one space.

They aren't that costly but if you hate crafting like me, spending like 8k per piece (for an item that cost less than 1k to make) everytime you change glamour is an inconvenience, especially if you like to change looks a lot. I would rather the prism be way more expensive, but once you got it that piece is free for glamour forever, like Squishy said.

Or atleast tie the glamour with the gear space, not the piece.

They aren't that costly but if you hate crafting like me, spending like 8k per piece (for an item that cost less than 1k to make) everytime you change glamour is an inconvenience, especially if you like to change looks a lot. I would rather the prism be way more expensive, but once you got it that piece is free for glamour forever, like Squishy said.
Then prisms become luxury items because crafters will quickly realize they won't be selling as many prisms and will jack up the prices.

You don't want a situation that glamour becomes a luxury feature since the only way to obtain prisms over the course of the game is from other players. Sure there are some quest that give them, but's only once and not always the one you need.

Top Bottom