• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Sorian

Banned
Final Fantasy Portal App was released today and the App has a point system that lets you trade for content and I saw this in the reward page (although its empty at the moment):

Is there any other Square-Enix game that currently uses Item Codes in the US? If not doesn't this pretty much guarantees that they will be giving out FFXIV content through this App?

When can I use this for triple triad?

dramatis

Something I've always wondered about in regards to gardening and now company airships: are all members able to participate in these activities or do only higher ranks have access to them?
It's probably a bit late of an answer, but if you want to participate in airship activities pester Victor Strange or Baramoht Klydsafdsfh (whatever his last name is).

Gardening is trickier because it's harder to control outcomes, plus for high-level gardening it takes at minimum a week or so to produce certain things at a very limited number (4 or under, I suppose). It also eats a lot of resources. In any case if you need something, I can try to grow it. Admittedly sometimes I'm not paying attention so I'll apologize ahead of time if you feel like you're being ignored.

Was making sure, happy I didn't miss a day. Is this the app that they were planning to release that was going to be linked to XIV or was that another one or do we not know?
It's the one they're linking to FF14, except they haven't gotten the code right yet, so that feature is still unavailable.

Also, TT is gated by a stamina system. Lol

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
damn stamina system when will it end
Meh its not too bad but I could do without it.

On a semi related note I just got my Uncle Octy and Typhoon Cards back to back.

iammeiam

People are already just farming things with their static. That's not a new "problem", but when they want to help out other people at least with my suggestion there's loot attached to the time.

This is old but it's kind of bumming me out; generally the stuff where people "help out" because there's some tangible reward in it for them is less about fun and more about assembly lining out as many clears as possible. See the Bonus Sold blitz right after the zodiac relic step.

I dunno, I just like the reduced loot/guaranteed page for uncleared system. It's genuinely fun to go in and do the fights again, there's value in being able to get to do raid content outside of the static system while still being able to do normal static stuff, and specifically the lack of loot reward generally means the people there to help are actually there to help.

The only actual change I'd like is being able to see the drop because I'm nosey and don't like having to wait to be told what it was.

Sorian

Banned
This is old but it's kind of bumming me out; generally the stuff where people "help out" because there's some tangible reward in it for them is less about fun and more about assembly lining out as many clears as possible. See the Bonus Sold blitz right after the zodiac relic step.

I dunno, I just like the reduced loot/guaranteed page for uncleared system. It's genuinely fun to go in and do the fights again, there's value in being able to get to do raid content outside of the static system while still being able to do normal static stuff, and specifically the lack of loot reward generally means the people there to help are actually there to help.

The only actual change I'd like is being able to see the drop because I'm nosey and don't like having to wait to be told what it was.

Duly noted, if you ever carry me in something, I will make sure not to link loot.

Sorian

Banned
Nah, Coil was a lot more interesting.

Nah, I still stand by my original claim. First coil was utter garbage in the "interesting" department. You can come back and have this interesting discussion when we've actually seen all of the alexander storyline. People have a horrible tendency of thinking that the first area of alexander story is supposed to be comparable to final coil when that isn't the case, at all.

Omni

I beat Coil turn 5 last night. Was fun... though everyone was very over geared, haha. Beginning of the twister phase still confuses me but hey. Was only doing it to say I've done it

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nah, I still stand by my original claim. First coil was utter garbage in the "interesting" department. You can come back and have this interesting discussion when we've actually seen all of the alexander storyline. People have a horrible tendency of thinking that the first area of alexander story is supposed to be comparable to final coil when that isn't the case, at all.

Turn 5 revelation of returning 1.0 characters > the gordian knot or whatever.

Sorian

Banned
Turn 5 revelation of returning 1.0 characters > the gordian knot or whatever.

I don't remember turn 5 "revealing" anything that wasn't already so heavily assumed that most people were already accepting it as fact. Past that, great, coil was there to wrap up 1.0. Let's be real, a majority of players don't care about 1.0 in the slightest. To someone just starting at a realm reborn, first coil was zzzzzzz.

Sifl

Finally completed Ravana Ex. Found a group where the majority knew what they were doing, only like 2-3 new people and got on 2nd try.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What if 24-man storyline is the serious one this time?

just_saiyan_by_theacornmusicplayer-d4ns6ix.jpg

Tabris

Turn 5 story was awesome. The opening movie was a big mystery and I wanted to figure it out. I liked the Coil story more then any other side story in the game, and I never played 1.0.

This Alexander story is garbage. There is nothing at all interesting about it.

Sorian

Banned
Turn 5 story was awesome. The opening movie was a big mystery and I wanted to figure it out. I liked the Coil story more then any other side story in the game, and I never played 1.0.

You have the shittiest taste out of everyone here though so, I mean, how much effort do I really have to put into this post to try and convince people not to listen to you?

Tabris

Also what do you actually find interesting in the Alexander story?

Can you name me the characters from the story?

I forgot the name of the generic goblins and generic au ra girl

iammeiam

Wait. Does the story explain why waterman is a random water dude with abduction hands and pudding and not some Steampunk thing?

I kind of forget this game has a story most of the time and now I'm wondering if there's an explanation for why the A3S boss feels like a better thematic fit for FCoB than Alexander.

Wait. Does the story explain why waterman is a random water dude with abduction hands and pudding and not some Steampunk thing?

I kind of forget this game has a story most of the time and now I'm wondering if there's an explanation for why the A3S boss feels like a better thematic fit for FCoB than Alexander.
You're forgetting water man is being controlled/its brain is the orb inside it. So still technically steampunk-ish.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
How much do I have to pay to skip the 2.5 hours?
I checked for you and while you save more the more crystals you purchase the Base Price is $4 each time to refill the Base 5 crystals instead of waiting 2 1/2 hours.

Tabris

Asami's taking a while to respond because he's having to google the character names because the story was so forgettable and boring.

Sorian

Banned
Asami's taking a while to respond because he's having to google the character names because the story was so forgettable and boring.

No, actually I've been cheating on you guys with a more exciting GAF community lately.

I don't know the Au Ra girl's name or the goblins name but that doesn't mean much, I don't know the girl elf twin's name either. I'm not really interested in the big bad goblin (who was pretty cool with that cold blooded kill) because I think he will be dead at the end of second alexander set of floors. I'm more interesting in the actual story of alexander itself. The Au Ra girl will be tied to that but for now she is mostly there as a SO MYSTERIOUS plot point so whatever.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Mide, Roundrox and Quickthinx Allthoughts?
I didn't look it up.

No, actually I've been cheating on you guys with a more exciting GAF community lately.

I don't know the Au Ra girl's name or the goblins name but that doesn't mean much, I don't know the girl elf twin's name either. I'm not really interested in the big bad goblin (who was pretty cool with that cold blooded kill) because I think he will be dead at the end of second alexander set of floors. I'm more interesting in the actual story of alexander itself. The Au Ra girl will be tied to that but for now she is mostly there as a SO MYSTERIOUS plot point so whatever.
WHY NOT​

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

End of an Era is pretty hard to top and tying the raid to the events of 1.0 - which had a pretty great story line near the end of it - was the perfect choice.

Alexander so far doesn't have that same "emotional" presentation that Coil had for me. Steampunk is cool and all but that's about it.

WolvenOne

I tend to think that Alexander is supposed to be a bit lighter than Coil. Which I'm not certain I agree with, given how big a deal Alexander tends to be when he shows up in FF games. (I guess FFIX kinda elevated him, when he kicked Bahamuts arse.)

Still, something lighter may have been called for after the srs-bzness that was Coil.

aceface

It would have been a mistake to try to top Coil on an emotional level. They went in another direction with Alexander, and I like it.

What I'm saying is:
Slap tick clank purr fizz blam crash!

iammeiam

Oh, random thing I learned yesterday: if everyone stacks on the abduction hand target, everyone gets stunned when it spawns.

This ends in hilarity and the hand bitchslapping half the party before it finally dies.

It would have been a mistake to try to top Coil on an emotional level. They went in another direction with Alexander, and I like it.

What I'm saying is:
Slap tick clank purr fizz blam crash!

Dying

Dying

Electricity

(Those are the only words I actually recognize in the song itself)

Top Bottom