• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Ken

First Coil had way more mystery and intrigue to me if only because of how stark the contrast is between Eorzean and Allagan aesthetic, not to mention you were going underground for a billion yalms. And then there's the whole "you're in a massive sci-fi ship" thing going for it too. Alexander is just steel and steam and you kind of have the whole of Alexander right there in the Hinterlands kiddy pool.

But I suppose in the end it's just up to a person's established preference for a certain genre.

Shevat

Neo Member
The only thing that really bothers me about Alexander's art design is the ridiculous use of impossible space. That shit's like ten thousand times larger on the inside than on the outside.

Sorian

Banned
The only thing that really bothers me about Alexander's art design is the ridiculous use of impossible space. That shit's like ten thousand times larger on the inside than on the outside.

Did you ever think that the doors to Alexander are actually a portal to the shadow realm?

dramatis

First Coil had way more mystery and intrigue to me if only because of how stark the contrast is between Eorzean and Allagan aesthetic, not to mention you were going underground for a billion yalms. And then there's the whole "you're in a massive sci-fi ship" thing going for it too. Alexander is just steel and steam and you kind of have the whole of Alexander right there in the Hinterlands kiddy pool.

But I suppose in the end it's just up to a person's established preference for a certain genre.
Coming from a guy who judges his animes by boobs?

LtOrange

I have the apartment to myself this weekend and really want to get through the Heavensward story. How many hours am I looking at if I just opened The Vault.

Valor

Minfilia is going to come back with a redesign that has increased chest size, just you guys wait. lol
Drama for character designer plz.

Are we really trying to kawaii fanservice up Alexander.

please guys please
Yes? Mide is a good start, but only a start.

I have the apartment to myself this weekend and really want to get through the Heavensward story. How many hours am I looking at if I just opened The Vault.
Uhhh, not too much? It's just there's a pretty dead level of grinding that could be there. It's not too terribly much more but there is another whole zone to explore post Vault.

LtOrange

Uhhh, not too much? It's just there's a pretty dead level of grinding that could be there. It's not too terribly much more but there is another whole zone to explore post Vault.

Awesome! I am loving the story, but need to get through it before Metal Gear and The Taken King.

Pancho

Qurupancho
I need an answer urgently!
I am currently building a static, and I was wondering, is it okay to have more than one caster dps? As in a summoner and a black mage?

Kenai

I need an answer urgently!
I am currently building a static, and I was wondering, is it okay to have more than one caster dps? As in a summoner and a black mage?

We aren't very progressed but have been doing 2 caster dps for a long time (Turn 1)

Be warned though that 2 caster comps favor BRD a fair amount more than MCH (apparently, never actually checked into this) I personally don't think that really matters, but I am a pre-buff AST so I dunno much.

Tabris

Be warned though that 2 caster comps favor BRD a fair amount more than MCH (apparently, never actually checked into this) I personally don't think that really matters, but I am a pre-buff AST so I dunno much.

MCH doesn't have a Foe equivalent?

iammeiam

Bard has Foe Req as a 10% magic boost, with BV doubling that for thirty seconds every five minutes. Foe Req only works if/while the bard has MP, and competes with resources for the battery stuff, but can hit enemies scattered over a pretty wide range.

MCH has Autoturret Bishop Hypercharge, which amounts to 5% magic boost for roughly 22 seconds on a two minute CD, impacting basically anything the turret can attack. MCH cannot do Mp regen and spit out magic vuln (well, they can but it is tricky and I wouldn't expect to see it often), but Hypercharge does not use MP. Bard will generally be a noticeably bigger boost to caster and healer DPS.

The thing with MCH is they also have Rook Hypercharge, which is 5% physical vuln buff. Shares a CD with the magic one, so you pick one or the other every two minutes. Rook will buff tank and physical DPS damage. Outside of A2S, this is usually where a MCH blows Hypercharge.

TBH I don't think anyone's done near enough testing to know what the actual real world difference is; bard for double caster is probably a safer bet, but 5% physical vuln isn't exactly nothing in even a double caster setup because the MCH, both tanks, and the melee DPS can benefit.

MCH or BRD isn't going to make or break your group; pick the player, not the job.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Thanks all for your answers. I was able to get my static group. The trial by fire is gonna be next week. I'm hoping that we are good enough.

So, how strong are dragoons as dps? My friends roommate plays and he was saying that dragoons are terrible that ninjas and monks are much better, that I should switch. Are they that weak or is he just being a dummy?

Top Bottom