• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Kenai

Are they actually though? How many of those people keep up their subscriptions the entire time?.

I think it's pretty easy for them to check. If they go by how WoW figured it out it goes something like amount of people clearing the content vs the amount of people attempting the content vs the amount of people not bothering with the content when they could if they wanted to. You'd be silly to think they don't make their gaming decisions based around that ( with plenty of verbal/written player feedback as well of course). This is how it's been since day one, especially after having to recover from 1.0.

Of course, they never share concrete numbers with us, but they usually tell us about some of them after the fact (like how Titan HM completion rate vs attempted was in the single digits pre-nerf or something ridiculous).

iammeiam

I use a controller for cross hotbar and I also don't think I understand it enough to know if i want a second one. I don't know how that's supposed to work like at all, even after reading it. It sounds like a logistical nightmare. L1 already has a use and R1 already has a use, so unless they're gonna go R2+R1 and L2+L1 i am at a loss. However, I think I would like such a thing to put my pretty-much-never-use-but-maybe-i-will-use-this-eventually bar

Honestly, making it so every one of the 8 cross hotbars had a 'pet bar' accessible by tapping R1 would make an absurd amount of sense. It'd be an adjustment for anyone got swapping through 3 crossbars, I guess, but I'd imagine most of us just use one or two. Maybe make actually bar cycling into a double-tap? Dunno.

Good lord I need to finish my Monk, or at least get it to 180 so I'm comfortable enough for Alex, I seem to only play Friday, Sat, and some of Sunday unless other obligations come up. Hate spamming those EX dungeons though, I just need to get three more accessories and replace the two 160 left side pieces. Think I've found roulette burnout. Trials mostly gives me Titan Hard or Bismark, while leveling gives me Qarn, Vale, or HW dungeons (Hate Aery, just hate it.)

I'm always looking for hunts though, they don't give much law but the seals are valuable now that I'm taking up another 60.

I'm going to have to make a decision though, seems MCH is quite needed (on my server at least) for Alex and Bismark EX. Should of ignored the haters and just kept leveling it, lol. Just got it up to 57 after fate grinding last weekend and I'm considering making that my main. Though for dungeons I'll queue on MNK for faster kills just for Law and Esos since there will be toe occasional dungeon noobs that'll kick me for being MCH.

Kenai

Isn't the live letter soonish?

Couple interesting things here.

Famitsu Interview with YoshiP, partial translation.

Sounds like they've made up their mind to buff Tank enmity generation.

Made me lol to see them determined to make ppl not hate the Bismarck encounter. Also hoping that the bypass will also count for people starting the new relic on a different class (maybe a one time skip? I dunno)

Also eagerly awaiting AST details. Community has been dogging them kinda bad so I am hoping for the SMN/DRG treatment, let the tears rain for a different reason Yoshi-P!

Audioboxer

Tried my first extreme on Garuda. The tank was great told the 3 newbies who were there including me what to do. Much tougher than I was expecting.

Sadly the two healers had a spat after a few wipes when we were really close about who was healing more and they both rage quit. Group quit. Sad! Funny thing was both of them seemed to be doing fine, wipes were from tactical mistakes. As I'm sure we would do it. Maybe it's just my personality but I've never once argued in an MMO always polite and love helping others. But hey I'm a team player don't really care about topping charts if I know I'm doing my best.

Maybe I'll ask on GAF chat tomorrow for some help on the extremes.

Tabris

Honestly, making it so every one of the 8 cross hotbars had a 'pet bar' accessible by tapping R1 would make an absurd amount of sense. It'd be an adjustment for anyone got swapping through 3 crossbars, I guess, but I'd imagine most of us just use one or two. Maybe make actually bar cycling into a double-tap? Dunno.

Read this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175664853&postcount=14599

Here's what the normal system allows (example of steps to select something on another crossbar then return):

Let go from L2 > Press and hold R1 > Press X > Let go from R1 > Hold L2 > Press button you want for skill/cooldown you wanted > Let go from L2 > Double tap R1 (to return) > Hold L2 (or R2) for next skill you wanted

Here's what you can do (using crosshotbar button - see post above on what you can do):

Press left d-pad > Press button you want for skill/cooldown you wanted > Press left d-pad

The R1 system requires more finger movements/presses.

docbon

YO.

The Totemo Fun Kigurumi Otaku Club is looking for a melee DPS that's ready for progression raiding as soon as possible. We'll also have a spot for one machinist / bard, and one paladin / dark knight in the coming weeks, as some of our members will be too busy to raid. We're not a super hardcore group, but we expect new members to be able to adapt to each encounter in Alexander Savage, and have a good grasp of their rotations.

Our schedule for the moment is TUE / THUR / SAT from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM eastern, though we're flexible enough to run the same time on different days.

If anyone is interested, send Lorde Doome or Red Xii a /tell in-game, or send me a PM on gaf. If you want, you can also send us a screenshot of a 5 minute ACT parse.

g7tP1c4.png

45znbRu.png

Thanks for the invite to the guild! I will probably buy Heavensward a bit later on. Would it be worth training Dark Knight or should I stick with my warrior?

Lol, pretty sure they're doing a minion challenge to try and collect as many as they can during the live stream (poor guy only got a silver on Cancer).

Frumix

Suffering From Success
TP bars in 3.07. For SOME reason it made them move party bonus window away from the screen and into the party list widget. PS3 limitations are real.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Are you sirius.

The other dungeon, Saint Mocainne Arboreum, is one of the buildings in Hinterlands, around the same place where Great Morbols are.

Top Bottom