• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Sifl

Am I missing something with the Purification skill for monks, or is it really just a less effective Invigorate that wastes all your chakra?

EDarkness

Damn, I've let so many months go by without jumping into the game. Not really sure how that happened, but once we move and get settled in I'll be getting back into the game. I doubt I'll be able to get into the expansion stuff so quickly, but that's something I can work towards. Looks like people are enjoying the new expansion, though. Seems like it's pretty fun.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
yoooooooooooooo i need that fat cat plushie in my life.

Vi9Ttjc.png

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Overall it feels like there's much less content coming out now than there used to be. 2 dungeons instead of 3, 1 beast tribe dailies instead of 2, 1 trial that's probably not even original as opposed to five! in 2.1... Verminion is unlikely to provide a lasting diversion if it's bogged down with the same problems Chocobo Racing and TT have... I guess it boils down to how involved and relevant sky exploration is gonna be (and if it doesn't result in another toy for FC officers like gardening and airship crafting, though they seemingly want to avoid that? idk)

Oh yeah, and no Hildibrand. That's a crime.

Sorian

Banned
Overall it feels like there's much less content coming out now than there used to be. 2 dungeons instead of 3, 1 beast tribe dailies instead of 2, 1 trial that's probably not even original as opposed to five! in 2.1... Verminion is unlikely to provide a lasting diversion if it's bogged down with the same problems Chocobo Racing and TT have... I guess it boils down to how involved and relevant sky exploration is gonna be (and if it doesn't result in another toy for FC officers like gardening and airship crafting, though they seemingly want to avoid that? idk)

Was this said or are you basing that on lack of announcement?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

They did say they wanted to get to 4.0 sooner. Maybe this is the ultimate cost of it.

WolvenOne

One new Extreme Primal means two trials, minimum, story mode and all that. Plus there may be Lil things coming they haven't told us about yet.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
They did say they wanted to get to 4.0 sooner. Maybe this is the ultimate cost of it.

But if the patches still take 3-4 months...?

One new Extreme Primal means two trials, minimum, story mode and all that. Plus there may be Lil things coming they haven't told us about yet.

They keep skirting the topic but it's
Knights of the Round
. I'd be shocked to the bone if it's anything but it.
It's gonna be great, surely, but I had hoped for something else as well.
Then they can pad the rest of the expansion with the Warring Triad I guess.

Sorian

Banned
If it wasn't mentioned under bullet points for quests, it's reasonable to assume it's not there? They didn't even say "and more" really.

Means nothing, they didn't announce everything today, they never announce everything at the first live letter.

Wagram

The design of Void Ark looks pretty sweet. Not impressed by a Pharos Sirius (hard) that we once had, but they nerfed the holy hell out of.

Can't wait to see what the flying islands are like with the airship. Building an airship by yourself isn't fun, but it's rank 19 now!

Alrus

Still a bit disappointed by only 2 dungeons per patch... Hope we don't have to wait until 3.5 for Gubal hard :/ But I'm happy about Pharos Hard, the original was one of my favorite dungeon.

Valor

I don't think that there's a huge lack of content for 3.1 so far. There's a nice bit of content and qol updates on the way that I'm happy with. I don't think they need to blow the doors off with content every update, but this one is looking nice. Comparing 3.1 to 2.1 is kind of silly for a multitude of reasons.

I dunno why people are disappointed with only two dungeons since we all hate them by the second or third time we run them - why should they waste extra dev time on these?

I wonder, however, if the Expert Roulette will pull from all four of the endgame dungeons that there will be. I'd like that instead of just the new ones.

Sorian

Banned
I don't think that there's a huge lack of content for 3.1 so far. There's a nice bit of content and qol updates on the way that I'm happy with. I don't think they need to blow the doors off with content every update, but this one is looking nice. Comparing 3.1 to 2.1 is kind of silly for a multitude of reasons.

I dunno why people are disappointed with only two dungeons since we all hate them by the second or third time we run them - why should they waste extra dev time on these?

I wonder, however, if the Expert Roulette will pull from all four of the endgame dungeons that there will be. I'd like that instead of just the new ones.

Your last paragraph is everyone's issue. Pulling from a pool of 3 is what people want and SE is brain dead so they probably won't keep neverreap and no neverreap in the exdr pool.

Leunam

Is tanking Living Liquid against the edge a new thing in normal Alexander? The two groups that had the hardest time clearing it in DF have been doing that and it's awful, I don't see the benefit over tanking in the center.

Valor

Your last paragraph is everyone's issue. Pulling from a pool of 3 is what people want and SE is brain dead so they probably won't keep neverreap and no neverreap in the exdr pool.

Yeah, this went through my head as well. It's a bit boring when the EX Roulette pool is literally just Neverreap. Like what happened to Fractal? I wouldn't wanna deal with that again from 3.1 onwards, for sure.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, this went through my head as well. It's a bit boring when the EX Roulette pool is literally just Neverreap. Like what happened to Fractal? I wouldn't wanna deal with that again from 3.1 onwards, for sure.
The solution is PVP. I haven't stepped foot in EXDR in ages.

LaneDS

I think HLDR and EXDR need to be merged into one thing. I wouldn't mind running a dungeon daily if the list of dungeons wasn't limited to two or three. As it stands now, they just make me hate whatever is in EXDR until another patch hits. There's no challenge to EXDR after a couple runs, so might as well just get people running through that wealth of existing content to get their esoterics (or whatever).

Frontline reward takes the sting off, but it doesn't really address what I view as a current problem with the game.

Valor

Would anyone be mad if they removed the GRand Company restriction on pvp?

I think the consensus is that GC matchmaking is horrible. I can't think of anyone who actually enjoys it. I personally like the idea of hating on Adders or Flames for the fun of it, but I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it if it were removed.

Audioboxer

Finally finish grinding out Atmas and then I'm hit with some crazy grind fest of 9 books lol. Probably not even worth pursuing these relic weapons now?

dramatis

I think HLDR and EXDR need to be merged into one thing. I wouldn't mind running a dungeon daily if the list of dungeons wasn't limited to two or three. As it stands now, they just make me hate whatever is in EXDR until another patch hits. There's no challenge to EXDR after a couple runs, so might as well just get people running through that wealth of existing content to get their esoterics (or whatever).

Frontline reward takes the sting off, but it doesn't really address what I view as a current problem with the game.
Hey.

I use HLDR for leveling. Keep your EXDR out of my HLDR.

What they can do instead of what they did last time is simply keep all the new dungeons in EXDR, instead of just the new patch dungeons. Sure, you'll still get Neverreap and Fractal, but it'll be 1/4 chance instead of 1/2 chance. And with each patch the percent chance will decline.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Their rationale is probably that expert dungeons should net the same reward and require the same tuning to avoid issues like "Oh, it's the hardest dungeon of the bunch, time to leave".

...Which is precisely why it was great when there were 3 dungeons.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
This was also a "part one" of a two-part look into 3.1, so expect other announcements for content at the TGS one.

When have they ever added anything major in those part 2s? They'll roll out the trailer and some extra details, that's it. This isn't the first time.

Grisby

Having a pretty good time with Heavensward. Made it to lvl55 and got a lot of the Churning Mists done. I quit WOW before the Burning Crusade and mount flying, so zooming around here is pretty neat. I just wish there were some easter eggs or something you could discover when you finally can get on some of those tall cliffs.

Story wise, things are moving at an ok pace. Hey, surprise surprise, the
Sultana isn't dead and now I;m off to slay Nidhogg

Unfortunately, with Gears dropping next week and MGS5 the week after it might be a bit before I can get back to the game. Still, it seems like a worthy expansion although it doesn't shake anything up too much.

Getting Stone 3 for my WHM was a bit of fresh air as now I can do slightly more damage to the denizen beasts of Ishgard.

Shamdeo

When have they ever added anything major in those part 2s? They'll roll out the trailer and some extra details, that's it. This isn't the first time.

I don't have any strong reason to think that they wouldn't, not that it isn't possible they won't.

If you're talking about the patch trailer, those (as far as I can remember) don't debut with letters. Maybe "footage" of content, sure.

(To be clear I'm not saying Part 2 is gonna have an equal amount of "reveals" as this one.)

I really hope they don't do the push Neverreap and Fractual into High Level DR, leaving just the two new dungeons but I figure that's gonna happen anyways.

Does anyone got a good gathering rotation for red scrip items? So far I've been doing:

discerning eye > methodical appraisal > discerning eye > methodical appraisal > utmost caution > methodical appraisal > utmost caution > methodical appraisal > collect.

I feel like this might be a touch inefficient. I have 560 gathering and 561 perception if that helps. My right side is also full trailblazers with an HQ Dragonskin gathering belt, and I have an HQ main hand/off hand as well with 600GP with food.

Edit:

So out of the Disciple of hands, which ones are generally best to start? I'm looking to level one while I wait on a friend to catch up to my dragoon.

Depends on your goals. Its best to set up at least a few before you start, but the easiest by far for me was cooking. It has important abilities you need for all crafts and its fairly cheap to do depending on your server. It's complimented well by Botany and Fishing. Plus its nice to be able to make your own food, especially when so few people even both to use food or potions in the DF.

Top Bottom