• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Depends on your goals. Its best to set up at least a few before you start, but the easiest by far for me was cooking. It has important abilities you need for all crafts and its fairly cheap to do depending on your server. It's complimented well by Botany and Fishing. Plus its nice to be able to make your own food, especially when so few people even both to use food or potions in the DF.
I was looking at these ones prior to response. I was reading that carpentry any armorer are not really worth it unless you are completely devoted. Is it the same for cooking? Or does it require less devotion?

Unfortunately, with Gears dropping next week and MGS5 the week after it might be a bit before I can get back to the game. Still, it seems like a worthy expansion although it doesn't shake anything up too much.
Lol, this is me. I just got this game and will probably play once or twice a week, otherwise l'll be in MGSV

I was looking at these ones prior to response. I was reading that carpentry any armorer are not really worth it unless you are completely devoted. Is it the same for cooking? Or does it require less devotion?

Eh, I think again it really depends on what your goals are with this, but I thought cooking was worth it all around and it doesn't require super dedication to get far with it.

The only reason I keep bringing up goals is because if you have one a craft will immediately become worth it regardless of what you do or other people say online/in game. Like say for instance Cooking and Alchemy and Goldsmithing are my mains simply because I want to make my own consumables with CUL/ACH and my own hybrid accessories for my DRK with G smith. If not for those hybrid accessories I don't think it'd be worth it, but thats my own personal opinion.

Ferr986

Hempen Camises being the most glamoured body piece.... seems about right for what you can see (used a lot by Elezen and Miqotes
me included
).

Aselith

Looks this minion battle deal is causing people to buy any minions they can find. I just sold 2 minions I had on the market that had been sitting for several weeks.

Gonna have to get down to business when I get home and make hay while this glorious fad sun shines.

Chille

well I did it atlast, beat shiva hard mode as my paladin

CNB0BNVWwAANte9.jpg

Xux

If your vanu minion doesn't do the dance with you, I'll be very disappointed.

Also, you better be able to do it while riding your sanuwa.

Does anyone got a good gathering rotation for red scrip items? So far I've been doing:

discerning eye > methodical appraisal > discerning eye > methodical appraisal > utmost caution > methodical appraisal > utmost caution > methodical appraisal > collect.

I feel like this might be a touch inefficient. I have 560 gathering and 561 perception if that helps. My right side is also full trailblazers with an HQ Dragonskin gathering belt, and I have an HQ main hand/off hand as well with 600GP with food.

Edit:

Depends on your goals. Its best to set up at least a few before you start, but the easiest by far for me was cooking. It has important abilities you need for all crafts and its fairly cheap to do depending on your server. It's complimented well by Botany and Fishing. Plus its nice to be able to make your own food, especially when so few people even both to use food or potions in the DF.

DE > Impulsive Appraisal instead of the first 2 methodical appraisals. If the impulsive appraisals proc you can substitute out the next Discerning Eye with single mind

so a perfect rotation would be

DE > Impulsive A (Procs) > Single Mind > Impulsive A (Procs) > Single Mind > Methodical Appraisal

if you get no procs it would be

DE > IA > DE > IA > DE > MA

Wagram

I really doubt there have been 35,000 A1S clears. Realllllllly doubt it. I think it's enters, but the data is old at this point. This games community isn't that good.

I really doubt there have been 35,000 A1S clears. Realllllllly doubt it. I think it's enters, but the data is old at this point. This games community isn't that good.

I suspect this too, and I think I have "proof". According to the census, just 1 person has the achievement for getting 500,000 MGP in the minicactpot. Well, I have that achievement (got it 1 or 2 weeks ago, don't rememeber), so... could that 1 person be me? No, because it says there's also 1 person with the 1,000,000 MGP from minicactpot, which I don't have. So that 1 person in the census should be the same for the 2 achievements.

suzu

The game season is starting up yo. Ain't got time to nod silently in agreement.

Seriously though, i feel like my character must have whiplash from all the nodding they do.

I usually skim the dialogue in cutscenes, but I think during one MCH quest the npc acknowledges the fact that your character is always silent and nodding to everything. lol

Grisby

How could you abandon Tataru, you monster? Look now she's upset :(

91vVSoh.gif
Ah, she'll be alright. She will probably try to be an airline stewardess or a checking accountant in the off-season.
Your standard Heavensward cutscene

headnod-o.gif
I feel like I want to play a drinking game with it, but I'd probably be dead after one cutscene.

The game even made a joke about it during one quest if I remember correctly.

Squishy3

So with minion battle I should while away the day gathering the gathering only minions for all the people who can't be arsed to level gathering? :p

HunRevan

Any other ways to buy HW then psn for ps4? Its so expensive in Hungarian store. And also is it worth buying if i hadn't finished all the pre 3.0 content?

Wilsongt

The fact that there are only 2 new dungeons annoys me. I have a feeling Pharos is going to be the new Neverreap. It's like they are getting lazy now...

I think the consensus is that GC matchmaking is horrible. I can't think of anyone who actually enjoys it. I personally like the idea of hating on Adders or Flames for the fun of it, but I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it if it were removed.

i have 15-20 min queues currently. that's fine and i want to see braindead adders for the rest of my game time.

I would like it if they removed the GC restriction. I want super fast queue times!

Alrus

Just saw that Pharos has Kobolds in it, blegh.

Yep, but that apparently doesn't count.

Well 2.5 had WoD and 3 dungeons. I mean I'll wait till we know more about the Airship stuff, which sounds fun, before I moan the lack of a third dungeon, but it's not unsurprising to see people complain about it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just saw that Pharos has Kobolds in it, blegh.

Well 2.5 had WoD and 3 dungeons. I mean I'll wait till we know more about the Airship stuff, which sounds fun, before I moan the lack of a third dungeon, but it's not unsurprising to see people complain about it.

Let's see if they put more effort into this than Crystal Tower.

Xux

Any other ways to buy HW then psn for ps4? Its so expensive in Hungarian store. And also is it worth buying if i hadn't finished all the pre 3.0 content?
It's good to buy it before you hit 50 so you can get the experience firm the main scenario quests.

DE > Impulsive Appraisal instead of the first 2 methodical appraisals. If the impulsive appraisals proc you can substitute out the next Discerning Eye with single mind

so a perfect rotation would be

DE > Impulsive A (Procs) > Single Mind > Impulsive A (Procs) > Single Mind > Methodical Appraisal

if you get no procs it would be

DE > IA > DE > IA > DE > MA

In the 3 or so hours I've tried this I have yet to see even one IA proc....

The RNG struggle is real right now. Fortuneately I have all 3 gatherers lvld so I got other red scrip items to back me up.

Top Bottom