• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

ebil

I'm ok with this.

WZD5sct.png

ebil

Look, at least it's better than random Italian dudes straight up asking me to show my boobs when I had a female character.

Teknoman

I'm 53 on my dark knight, and it's crazy how much stuff you miss just running MSQ and dungeons. I mean, a ton of this is locked behind side quests which people tell you to save for leveling other jobs.

I'm not just talking emotes and dyes. I'm missing gold saucer, desynthesis, chocobo companion leveling(!!!), and retainer ventures(!!!), among others. I need to go back and clean those side quests up.

How would you even one without a guide?

Insane. So much stuff that isn't apparent without something like this.

Yeah it's nuts, I didn't know about the challenge log (tons of free xp every week) until lv 40 when someone randomly mentioned it in fc chat.

Number one rule about FFMMOs: Play them as you would a normal JRPG. Talk to EVERYONE. I'm sure i'm missing something somewhere too, but yeah, make sure to talk to everyone and explore every city/hamlet/outpost/whatever.

Audioboxer

I done Labyrinth of the Ancients and Syrcus Tower back to back tonight. Lots of fun :) Pretty mad though! Step up from 5 mans :p

Did they patch the game to be easier? In terms of loot. I got my summoner set before I even hit 50, and then the final chest piece at 50. Some of the first dungeons you unlock at 50 only give level 70-80 loot, where as the summoner set is level 90. Seems like it's a set that would have been slightly harder to get at one point? Maybe not.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since "getting experience from lv 50 dungeons" was introduced in the 3.1 part of the live letter, we can't expect it to be implemented during tomorrow's maintenance, right? :(

Apoptomon

I done Labyrinth of the Ancients and Syrcus Tower back to back tonight. Lots of fun :) Pretty mad though! Step up from 5 mans :p

Did they patch the game to be easier? In terms of loot. I got my summoner set before I even hit 50, and then the final chest piece at 50. Some of the first dungeons you unlock at 50 only give level 70-80 loot, where as the summoner set is level 90. Seems like it's a set that would have been slightly harder to get at one point? Maybe not.
That came with 3.0 I think. In 2.0 you'd get level 45-50 job gear at 45 and a 50-55 body piece at 50. They give you both sets now so you can get through the old endgame item level gates faster. That ilevel 90 set is what you might hear people refer to as "Myth gear" or ”AF+1”.

Audioboxer

That came with 3.0 I think. In 2.0 you'd get level 45-50 job gear at 45 and a 50-55 body piece at 50. They give you both sets now so you can get through the old endgame item level gates faster. That ilevel 90 set is what you might hear people refer to as "Myth gear" or ”AF+1”.

Ah that explains it. I was wondering why I got two sets one which was clearly superior.

Kenai

Can you friend people across servers? I thought DF was cross-server.

DF is cross server, but in WoW for non-bleeding edge content (so in this case it would be anything but Alex Savage), you can invite people from other realms to group up with you for stuff directly, anything, if you have their friend I.D.There are sites dedicated to searching for like minded people to clear *insert content here* too and it's pretty efficient. Several times after a guild i was in broke apart I was able to keep up with content thanks to it (and beautiful Area 52 pugs).

One of my dreams for the future when this game has a glut of older content that people usually ignore.

Just had a random thought for the future story.

The
player character is a primal. The reason he/she is so strong is because of all the people that believe in the you that believes in yourself.

iammeiam

I take the right that if his performance declines due to him being a small lala / camera issues to override the bet until we've cleared Savage!

As the rightstholder, I can't agree. Lala has an innate 1 INT advantage over dragon waifu, so he'll just have to git gud.

USA! USA! USA!

No PLD.

PLD class is now confirmed obsolete. Everyone now run DRK/WAR is you want to actually be good!

Not completely related, since I'll never be running bleeding edge stuff, but seeing dark knights clear tough content is pleasant. That, and the stats showing it as the last played tank class, sealed the deal for me. 53 and counting.

Top Bottom