• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Miracle

Tried out Triple Triad. Pretty fun and addicting.

Was able to just beat King Elmar too (after some tries since his cards are OP and keep wrecking me), and got a Bahumut card. 0_0

Beast card compared to my others. Although it says I can't put in more rare cards in my deck. Am I only able to use Bahumut if the rest of the cards are one star?

Finally made it to Ishgard today!

Still so much content left for me to do in ARR as well (a few trials and 6 dungeons). Now that I made it here though, I'll probably spend some time running some optional content I haven't run before from ARR. Pretty excited for running Leviathan and Titan extreme.

Is there any point to do Binding Coil, besides being able to say you cleared it? Considering I'll likely be over-geared for it, I'm thinking of at least giving it a shot and see how it goes.

*Edit* Also finished Hildibrand questline today... Need... more... hildy...

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Know what's fun, guys? Blowing 50,000 GC seals on coke for airships and having to buy them one by one... T_T

T_T

T_T

Moonlight

Banned
Got a little past level 10 on my Thaumaturgist tonight! Finally have some more freedom on what to do. Just a bit of a shame I'm not that interested in the Ul'dah guilds. Trying to knock as much stuff out as that progression map gives me. Feels like the game's been all about trying to keep me busy, and fortunately I really like feeling busy.

I think my only kind of real issue with the game is that most of the early sets seem so bleh, but then that's also kinda expected. I wanna roll with the robes I got with my class quest, but they're no match for a hempen cowl, apparently. Not really a problem, but man, it's so tempting to give up those stats for a less ratty look.

Omni

Just had a random thought for the future story.

The
player character is a primal. The reason he/she is so strong is because of all the people that believe in the you that believes in yourself.

14ue3sB.gif

I'm the sour looking pink/purple haired side show in the middle.

As I said in /fc, fuck everyone. Also, declined my lalafell mafia invite in spite.
You'll regret that. The Lalafell mafia does not take rejection well. Just ask Teledji Adeledji...

Otherwise congrats on joining the only race that actually matters!

ViciousDS

Banned
Ok GAF, My little bro who is 14 is playing this as his first mmorpg. He's about to hit 15 and enter the trio of dungeons along the storyline. I was randomly talking last night and mentioned my tank left.....he had no idea, so I briefly explained. But there has to be a really good tutorial video on FFXIV, holy trinity, acronyms and keywords, and also for beginner archers/bards out there. I would love to just send him those, as he is part of the whole watch youtube for everything gaming generation.

suzu

Got a little past level 10 on my Thaumaturgist tonight! Finally have some more freedom on what to do. Just a bit of a shame I'm not that interested in the Ul'dah guilds. Trying to knock as much stuff out as that progression map gives me. Feels like the game's been all about trying to keep me busy, and fortunately I really like feeling busy.

I think my only kind of real issue with the game is that most of the early sets seem so bleh, but then that's also kinda expected. I wanna roll with the robes I got with my class quest, but they're no match for a hempen cowl, apparently. Not really a problem, but man, it's so tempting to give up those stats for a less ratty look.

Yeah, you'll just have to get through all the ugly low level gear. Some of the early dungeon (lvl 15+) sets are nice though.

If you haven't subscribed yet, you can use my recruit-a-friend code for some free stuff. :eek: (Recruitment Code: 37H3G3RK)

Ok GAF, My little bro who is 14 is playing this as his first mmorpg. He's about to hit 15 and enter the trio of dungeons along the storyline. I was randomly talking last night and mentioned my tank left.....he had no idea, so I briefly explained. But there has to be a really good tutorial video on FFXIV, holy trinity, acronyms and keywords, and also for beginner archers/bards out there. I would love to just send him those, as he is part of the whole watch youtube for everything gaming generation.

There are videos around but, I haven't watched any so I don't know if they're any good.

Not videos buuut these 3 links should be helpful to new players.

1 - http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/tutorials/article/141-ffxiv-beginners-guide/
2 - http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content
3 - http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Dictionary_of_Icons

TRI Mike

Guys I've tried to beat Titan EX like 60 times via Duty Finder and there's no way to get a party of people who know the fight. It's too fucking annoying.

Can I get seven players here to help me one of these days¿ I'm in the GAF group as "Mike Nieto" and only play BLM so I'd need the other seven roles.

WolvenOne

How did I miss this gem

Dat Seprent Warsteed.

This is a reminder that I need to get Dark Knight leveled. Probably should really, not feeling DRG all that much at the moment. The fact that Warriors are in overwhelming demand for endgame content right now doesn't help matters all that much. XD

But, yeah, need to get it leveled and then 8-man Tank T4 200 times. Pls look forward to it. :p

PS: Issue I'm having with DRG is the finger-speghetti issue, feels like there are just too much buttons to push for a controller. I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually, but it'd take time seeing as I'd only be occasionally using the class.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
This is a reminder that I need to get Dark Knight leveled. Probably should really, not feeling DRG all that much at the moment. The fact that Warriors are in overwhelming demand for endgame content right now doesn't help matters all that much. XD

But, yeah, need to get it leveled and then 8-man Tank T4 200 times. Pls look forward to it. :p

PS: Issue I'm having with DRG is the finger-speghetti issue, feels like there are just too much buttons to push for a controller. I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually, but it'd take time seeing as I'd only be occasionally using the class.

What are you talking about, controllers are totally viable!

Valor

Uh

I still have turrets

You still have skill speed on your raid weapon.

Gonna stay winning, here.

i'm taking the BLM route here and saying at least all of our secondaries are helpful.
How do people say that with a straight face?

Also if Krietor's 3.0 weights are to be believed, the difference between DET and SS is laughable. like .14 to .11 not really hurting there at all.

iammeiam

i'm taking the BLM route here and saying at least all of our secondaries are helpful.
How do people say that with a straight face?

Also if Krietor's 3.0 weights are to be believed, the difference between DET and SS is laughable. like .14 to .11 not really hurting there at all.

ok

we also get 102 crit to your 71

defend that

(seriously i just like to laugh at how hard bard got screwed in this patch, down to the raid weapons. olololol.)

WolvenOne

Honestly, for classes that're Bursty, Skill Speed is probably a better stat than Determination right now. I mean, that way you get more hits in during your burst phases, build up stacks of whatever a bit faster, etc etc.

For classes that're designed to put out steady DPS though, probably not as useful I'd imagine.

Top Bottom