• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

plake

Honestly, for classes that're Bursty, Skill Speed is probably a better stat than Determination right now. I mean, that way you get more hits in during your burst phases, build up stacks of whatever a bit faster, etc etc.

For classes that're designed to put out steady DPS though, probably not as useful I'd imagine.

Easy solution then - just burn and kill A4S faster \o/

Tiops

Got my SMN AF2 chest yesterday and I'm really glad that I changed to a female character. That would look horrible on my male miqo'te.

I think I'll get the SMN boots before the legs, for fashion reasons. Gordian thing doesn't match at all with the AF2 :(

aae0afce4c5c8c3aa4d941aae3c513d5_be20385e18333edb329d4574f364a1f0fl0_640x873.jpg

I should stop worrying about clothing.

Sorian

Banned
The one saving grace of being a lala is that the BLM AF2 doesn't look like complete trash since it is being squished and minimized so much that fine details are lost.

WolvenOne

The one saving grace of being a lala is that the BLM AF2 doesn't look like complete trash since it is being squished and minimized so much that fine details are lost.

The assimilation begins.

RIP in Peace Asami, I'll be certain to remember you fondly when you're spamming emotes with X-Tech.

WolvenOne

Keep expecting YoshiP and the Devs to make an announcement about A4S being cleared. How long did it take for them to say something about FCoB?

WolvenOne

So I guess SE will make us without house having to settle with private chambers, instead of changing how personal houses work.

Not sure how much they can really change when it comes to Personal Housing. They're never going to have so many Lots that they can just give them away after all.

Ferr986

Not sure how much they can really change when it comes to Personal Housing. They're never going to have so many Lots that they can just give them away after all.

That's why they should start working on instanced personal housing. It's the only solution because, as you said, there will never be enough plots for everyone. And that's unfair IMO.

Don't get me wrong, gardening in your private chamber is nice and all, but it's just a patch for the real problem. They need to work on another personal housing system for 4.0 onwards (I understand it will take time to do).

WolvenOne

That's why they should start working on instanced personal housing. It's the only solution because, as you said, there will never be enough plots for everyone. And that's unfair IMO.

Don't get me wrong, gardening in your private chamber is nice and all, but it's just a patch for the real problem. They need to work on another personal housing system for 4.0 onwards (I understand it will take time to do).

They have instanced personal housing, they're called Personal Rooms. They want the main housing to be areas where people can hang out together, and instancing works against that goal. Besides, even if they gave people full sized housing via instancing, it'd still take up some of the servers capacity. They would need to remember that the house existed, what it's outside looked like, what the outdoor furniture placement was, etc etc etc. I'd rather they save that capacity and put it towards giving players more inventory space to work with.

The same problems exist with the personal rooms of course, but those are small enough that each doesn't likely take all that much capacity.

Ferr986

They have instanced personal housing, they're called Personal Rooms. They want the main housing to be areas where people can hang out together, and instancing works against that goal. Besides, even if they gave people full sized housing via instancing, it'd still take up some of the servers capacity. They would need to remember that the house existed, what it's outside looked like, what the outdoor furniture placement was, etc etc etc. I'd rather they save that capacity and put it towards giving players more inventory space to work with.

The same problems exist with the personal rooms of course, but those are small enough that each doesn't likely take all that much capacity.

A room is a room, not a house. I have a personal room but I can't really decorate it like a house (not enough space and a low item cap). Also no gardering (soon fixed), not outdoor furnishing and no chocobo stables. So no, it's not the same.

The neightborhood system sounds nice and all, but really, can you tell me there's a lot of people socializing there? The neightborhood of my FC house is empty (and it's close to a market board) and all the wards I visited were empty too.

And even if they were not empty... let's face it, people won't socialize. They don't do it in Ishgard, in Idylshire... hell DF groups or FATE parties are silent as fuck 90% of the time. People socialize inside their FCs, but generally not with strangers.

Blocking people out of having houses for a false premise of people socializing is bad IMO.

And I also think you can't add a feature that is not going to be available no matter what for all of your players. After all, everyone pays the same monthly fee.

I know instancing will use server resources (adding more wards does too). That's why I said that it will take long. Other MMOs can handle it, why this one not?

Kenai

It sounds like they are focusing on inventory over instanced housing and the bestiary (which i guess means higher level hunt logs for the classes?). I am no code person but it sounds like there is some overlap between teams on that (or they are the same team) and since inventory affects more people than housing they are prioritizing that.

I dunno what they are gonna do about people who want rooms but don't have free companies with a house of their own for a room, I feel bad for those people. Apartment district? And maybe they are limited to people with no house so help with server load? I have no idea what they might do.

aceface

Tons of people hang out outside the Gaf house in Mist on Ultros. I met cool people from the neighboring FC that way. Is this rare?

and i think these clutch games in seal rock are not good for my health. all 3 alliances at 700 points or close to that.....

things are pretty even currently. it was a great week.

Been trying pvp this week to see if the long grind is worth it for the mounts. It feels like a clusterfuck of I dunno what's going on and oh my god we're losing so badly. Unless things turn around I think I'll just give up on that dream

IvorB

Guys I've tried to beat Titan EX like 60 times via Duty Finder and there's no way to get a party of people who know the fight. It's too fucking annoying.

Can I get seven players here to help me one of these days¿ I'm in the GAF group as "Mike Nieto" and only play BLM so I'd need the other seven roles.

Sure, I will help you if I am online and you get a party together.

Sorian

Banned
Amber Draught Chocobo only on that list because no one wants his lame ass when Twin is just there within reach.

I have enough gold feathers and I still didn't buy Amber. What if they add something cool to the vendor later? Can't waste them on some lame choco.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ha, that was great. Where are the rest of these?
There are only a few of them and I think all have been shown in this thread. I found author's twitter at one point, but the FF comics were so few and far between (and all already posted at that point) that I didn't even follow him/her.
Only 3? Some people I know are running around with 7 retainers.
I'm out of space on both of mine, but I think I'll just throw away the equipment that I won't be using.

docbon

YO AGAIN (help ;~;)

The Totemo Fun Kigurumi Otaku Club is still looking for a melee DPS that's ready for progression raiding as soon as possible in order to fill our 8th slot. We also have a spot for one machinist / bard, as another one of our members will soon be too busy to raid. We're not a super hardcore group, but we expect new members to be able to adapt to each encounter in Alexander Savage, and have a good grasp of their rotations. We've cleared floor 1 savage as a group, and are about to begin working on floor 2.

Our schedule for the moment is TUE / THUR / SAT from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM eastern, though we're flexible enough to run the same time on different days.

If anyone is interested, send Lorde Doome or Red Xiii a /tell in-game, or send me a PM on gaf. If you want, you can also send us a screenshot of a 5 minute ACT parse.

EDIT: And yes, we do use mumble for communicating in raid.

Omni

I'm about 2/3 through level 59. If I do a few dungeons tonight I'll hit 60 and finish the story. I think. Maybe tomorrow. Which is nice. Had a lot of fun with HW surprisingly.

Question. What do I do after that? All my gear is like i140. Is there a stopgap between that and the 180+ stuff?

Alrus

Question. What do I do after that? All my gear is like i140. Is there a stopgap between that and the 180+ stuff?

You can buy the some slightly higher ilvl stuff at the shop in Azys Lla if you don't meet the ilvl requirement for lvl 60 stuff. Otherwise just do the dungeons and get loot from there, you'll get enough law to buy most of your stuff pretty quickly.

You can also join a hunt linkshell and do hunts so you can upgrade your law stuff, and get more law in the meantime.

Valor

I'm about 2/3 through level 59. If I do a few dungeons tonight I'll hit 60 and finish the story. I think. Maybe tomorrow. Which is nice. Had a lot of fun with HW surprisingly.

Not really. There's 160 gear in the endgame dungeons, that's as stopgap as you're gonna get, however.

thefil

Even after getting back through the queue, server connection was lost. Was hoping I could finish HW before the maintenance. :(

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Good to know it wasn't just me! Was building up my Thaumaturge for Summoner when I got kicked off and couldn't get back in. Kept spitting random 10105 errors when it would make it to the load screen, or otherwise just tell me I couldn't connect.

Top Bottom