• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Valor

Fun fact in dungeon parties when I'm an AST I almost never give my buffs to the Bard.

I've even had Bards call me out on this. A paradox occurs if I'm in a party with two Bards.

Judging from the rest of your posts here I'm not too surprised. You don't seem to have a very good grasp on the idea of how the game works. TP reduction on Bard during AoE is one of the best uses of that card. Balance during a Bard's opening is also one of the best uses of that card. Continue to buff the shitter 400 dps DRG though because they picked a melee class.

Judging from the rest of your posts here I'm not too surprised. You don't seem to have a very good grasp on the idea of how the game works. TP reduction on Bard during AoE is one of the best uses of that card. Balance during a Bard's opening is also one of the best uses of that card. Continue to buff the shitter 400 dps DRG though because they picked a melee class.

I feel like I'd have to parse playing Astro for precisely this reason.

dramatis

Sometimes I wonder if the people I run with know what the buffs from AST actually do though. I mean, I pop Spear onto a Bard at the beginning of the fight with the expectation that they'll shoot off all their buffs...and said Bard does nothing. With Arrow I don't know if they can tell if their attacks are rolling out faster.

Maybe I should make a macro:
/p Blue Snowflake = Good time to pop your cooldowns
/p Blue Squiggle = Press buttons faster
/p Blue Pot = MP stuff

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

:V

iammeiam

Apparently Collective Unconcious now just drops a 15 second regen on anyone in range that persists after they leave range/the channel ends?

That sounds significantly less useless than before.

Sorian

Banned

8lgSW6s.gif

Sometimes I wonder if the people I run with know what the buffs from AST actually do though. I mean, I pop Spear onto a Bard at the beginning of the fight with the expectation that they'll shoot off all their buffs...and said Bard does nothing. With Arrow I don't know if they can tell if their attacks are rolling out faster.

Maybe I should make a macro:
/p Blue Snowflake = Good time to pop your cooldowns
/p Blue Squiggle = Press buttons faster
/p Blue Pot = MP stuff

I know the damage one and the attack speed one and who cares about the rest

Omni

You two simply don't seem to know how to dps as healers. That's why you think it's boring. It's not about mindlessly spamming stones in Cleric Stance, but about knowing how far you can push the dps and still keep people alive. Still don't understand how WHM who have the ability to Holy nuke find DPSing boring. I just don't get it. I guess it's just easier to afk cure spam than to actually try.
Holy is very circumstantial because of the MP requirement and cast time (though swiftcast helps with the latter, of course). The stun is great but beyond that... eh. You're back with stones and aeros in no time if you're serious about laying down any kind of dps while maintaining the ability to heal effectively. I just find it dull.

(That's not to say all dps is boring. I enjoy Bard quite a bit... just ugh)

Tiops

I once went as SCH on my low level roulette, just for the fast queue. Summoned EOS, changed to Cleric Stance and started DPSing.

The tank started complaining about it, and asked to drop Cleric Stance. I said it wasn't needed (it was fucking Halatali), and he said I was going to get everyone killed, that I should do my job. He refused to move until I changed to Cleric Stance. The DPSs agreed with him. Never played as a healer again after this.

I think I'll play as AST to see how it goes.

Alrus

I once went as SCH on my low level roulette, just for the fast queue. Summoned EOS, changed to Cleric Stance and started DPSing.

The tank started complaining about it, and asked to drop Cleric Stance. I said it wasn't needed (it was fucking Halatali), and he said I was going to get everyone killed, that I should do my job. He refused to move until I changed to Cleric Stance. The DPSs agreed with him. Never played as a healer again after this.

Should have told them to fuck off and stop whining (or just drop cleric, let them pull then put it back up again and go "see?" when everything is perfectly fine, if you wanted to be more polite). The fairy is ridiculously OP in low lvl dungeon, you could just follow one dps and leave your pc for 30 mins and it'd be fine.

Tiops

Should have told them to fuck off and stop whining (or just drop cleric, let them pull then put it back up again and go "see?" when everything is perfectly fine, if you wanted to be more polite). The fairy is ridiculously OP in low lvl dungeon, you could just follow one dps and leave your pc for 30 mins and it'd be fine.
Yeah, my wife just sets the character to follow the tank when someone complains about CS. She drops the stance, follow the tank and no one notices. 2 - 3 commendations.

Okay so I realized i bought the wrong modem. I bought the SB6141 which is 8x4 instead of the SB6183 which is 16x4. Don't know if that will help me with the ingame lag issues but I rather would have that then the modem I have now.

iammeiam

Holy is very circumstantial because of the MP requirement and cast time (though swiftcast helps with the latter, of course). The stun is great but beyond that... eh. You're back with stones and aeros in no time if you're serious about laying down any kind of dps while maintaining the ability to heal effectively. I just find it dull.

(That's not to say all dps is boring. I enjoy Bard quite a bit... just ugh)

I still don't understand the alternative, though? If I have DS Regen on a tank and drop Asylum on him, I probably don't have a ton to do for a few GCDs in a boss fight until the first big hit. I can either drop into CS, drop three DoTs, Assize, and throw rocks or..?

I ask this largely because if a boss fight drags on too long I have to stop DPS to preserve my MP and I usually end up running around in circles and jumping up and down a lot. if there's some third option I'd be curious to hear it.

Jayhawk

I still don't understand the alternative, though? If I have DS Regen on a tank and drop Asylum on him, I probably don't have a ton to do for a few GCDs in a boss fight until the first big hit. I can either drop into CS, drop three DoTs, Assize, and throw rocks or..?

I ask this largely because if a boss fight drags on too long I have to stop DPS to preserve my MP and I usually end up running around in circles and jumping up and down a lot. if there's some third option I'd be curious to hear it.

Third option: Alt-tabbing and watching a YouTube video. For PS4 users, browsing the PS Store.

Sorian

Banned

Staff smacks.

Omni

I know, there probably isn't any alternative unless you're in a group that's eating a lot of damage. Don't get me wrong, I've been trying to do dps where I can since entering HW and starting my WHM. I just wish jobs were a little less fluid in their roles. Or at the very least, I wish that dps was slightly more interesting as a healer. //opinions and stuff.

Jayhawk

Monk!!!!!!!!

Tornado Kick cooldown reduction will be good in PvP and fights like Ravana Extreme. You can probably fit in a Tornado Kick in every offensive phase now.

The extra couple of seconds added to Greased Lightning will be useful for Alexander floors 3 and 4 phase changes, as you can get caught with unlucky timings sometimes.

With the increased damage buff, it's time to hit that 1400 unpadded dps on Faust.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Welcome to 14 PvP enjoy your stay. Its like people have made a sport out of not listening and just doing what they want when nodes are called. It doesn't help that the RNG nature of the mode can literally fuck one side over when the nodes keep spawning far away from their camp.

The caves are probably the most broken part of the map. You can easily defend 3 nodes if they pop in there pretty well, and with the badders and failstrom always duking it out over one B rank near the beach/light house you can basically walk to victory.
Oh I've definitely had a lot of one sided node antics. Usually in favor of Adder or Mael though, think I might make the switch to Mael and just coast with healing.
Bard never gets buffs, only nerfs :(
This.
I'm still playing on Lamia.
Best server.

Well if I get a Spear and I give it to you and see no cooldowns popped, then I'm likely to hand Balance to another dps instead lol

Unless you're doing it right at the start of the boss fight throwing Spear on a MNK isn't really all that useful since my cooldowns all have pretty irregular timings and are popped pretty much as soon as they're available.

Like if you had a Spear ready to go at the start of the fight it would be really nice, but otherwise it's better used on another DPS anyway probably.

dramatis

Unless you're doing it right at the start of the boss fight throwing Spear on a MNK isn't really all that useful since my cooldowns all have pretty irregular timings and are popped pretty much as soon as they're available.

Like if you had a Spear ready to go at the start of the fight it would be really nice, but otherwise it's better used on another DPS anyway probably.
I know. Most of the time I don't dump Spear on MNK or BLM because in comparison to like maybe BRD or MCH Spear is probably not as useful for MNK/BLM.

Basically, I keep a tally in my head of what buff is most useful for what class and which dps is playing better or has better stats, and use whatever pops up accordingly. I kind of wish we had the option to use a card without using the enhanced part if we have an enhancement stocked.

All these pet peeves though lol. When bloody range attacker stands all the way back so I have to move and position just to splash damage buff if I have expanded enhancement. When I have expanded but I get Bole so it's just weakass damage reduction. When I get Spire/Ewer at beginning of fight. etc. etc.

That feeling when you shuffle and the same card pops up. Every time.

I know. Most of the time I don't dump Spear on MNK or BLM because in comparison to like maybe BRD or MCH Spear is probably not as useful for MNK/BLM.

Basically, I keep a tally in my head of what buff is most useful for what class and which dps is playing better or has better stats, and use whatever pops up accordingly. I kind of wish we had the option to use a card without using the enhanced part if we have an enhancement stocked.

All these pet peeves though lol. When bloody range attacker stands all the way back so I have to move and position just to splash damage buff if I have expanded enhancement. When I have expanded but I get Bole so it's just weakass damage reduction. When I get Spire/Ewer at beginning of fight. etc. etc.

That feeling when you shuffle and the same card pops up. Every time.

Draw > Spear > Royal Road > Spear > Shuffle > Spear

iammeiam

No vids of the A4S clear yet?

There's a good chance we won't see anything until the fifth group clears; it's sort of billed
as a respect thing to keep mechanics and strats secret until a few groups have cleared since everyone in there right now has been figuring this all out on their own.

This being another relatively big upgrade week should hopefully mean we see more clears this week, though.

mnk buffs happen right when i finished buying my mnk pvp gear. too easy.

i truly hate this shit so much. some guy in stone vigil pulled additional mobs with his large ass then immediately blamed the healer :D later messed up at cannons and got blasted by the dragon -> drop dead, blame healer. that's how you get the easy ride in this game. nobody is allowed to tell him how shitty his dps is of course. they're untouchable, it's their right!

AST buffs mean WHMs can gtfo.

AST + SCH is the new power couple. WHM will deny this because they want to believe they are irreplaceable.

Believe in the heart of the cards!

iammeiam

AST buffs mean WHMs can gtfo.

AST + SCH is the new power couple. WHM will deny this because they want to believe they are irreplaceable.

Believe in the heart of the cards!

An AST that doesn't ever DPS is still pretty useless though. Not enough healing potency buffs in the world to fix that.

Top Bottom