• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

scy

We're making the hand equalize DPS check on A3S with PLD / WAR combo, but overall DRK + WAR is the better choice right now.

To be honest, Hand of Pain isn't a real DPS check? I mean, it's still a mechanic to be respected and dealt with but more that it exists so you can't just AoE this phase and make the overall fight enrage easier. So you're forced to do the mechanic instead of cheesing the fight. The difficulty here is keeping their health apart while also damaging both at the same time and not simply meeting X% damage.

I do agree though that DRK + WAR is better overall. Was more just commenting on that DPS checks at this point of gearing aren't quite the same in terms of strict requirements. Like, we're 10+ ilvls over the first clears.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
"RIP Auto Attacks" makes it seem like Minuet isn't still a general upgrade though. They're in a pretty good spot right now for where their overall damage is (and not even in a "good enough" capacity, for awhile the top A1S DPS I even knew of was BRD; any fight SMN is good at BRD is good at currently). The buff change was more general than just Bard wasn't it? I mean, it probably sucked but like ... others got hit too.

Current Rain of Death has offensive uses (can reach Frontal Accuracy cap when needed for short durations, Healer DPS thrives on it) too so ... idk? It's also now a supremely better off AoE thing than before.

It's really fun like that. Everything about A1S is basically a "go ahead and try hard" thing? Faust is fun to see how fast it can be killed, it's nice to see how low you can split for the Oppressor, and it's nice to flat out remove a phase from the fight. It's like ... the ideal setup for trying to work on speed clears. It's really cool to me.

Making bard into bow mage is a nerf because it took away the fun of moving and shooting. Instead we're now playing Resident Evil 5 all day every day.

scy

Making bard into bow mage is a nerf because it took away the fun of moving and shooting. Instead we're now playing Resident Evil 5 all day every day.

Just seems like a case of adapting though? Or switching jobs if it's not that fun anymore? Bias aside, the job is in a better spot now than before in terms of DPS. Fights are designed a bit better in general to lay off on the batterying too (or have downtime built in for it to happen for free) which lets them get to be there as a real DPS.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just seems like a case of adapting though? Or switching jobs if it's not that fun anymore? Bias aside, the job is in a better spot now than before in terms of DPS. Fights are designed a bit better in general to lay off on the batterying too (or have downtime built in for it to happen for free) which lets them get to be there as a real DPS.

The problem with switching jobs is they made everyone not melee into casters of some sort. That's my problem with it - they killed what made bard different.

Sorian

Banned
The problem with switching jobs is they made everyone not melee into casters of some sort. That's my problem with it - they killed what made bard different.

Nah, you guys are still my battery. Keep playing that mana song so I can keep getting that 5th fire IV out of each rotation.

Jayhawk

Go do the math comparing five Fire IVs without Foe's Requiem versus four Fire IVs with that 10% buff from Foe's Requiem, though that's simplifying the scenario by a lot.

Kenai

I think that was intentional though. They don't seem to know how to balance a ranged DPS with the utility of BRD (and MCH), vs the mechanics they have while keeping the DPS competitive AND letting them stay mobile (and a lot of the DPS checks are pretty cruel right now so keeping their DPS low when not moving was probably asking for more trouble than they wanted).

Xux

Go do the math comparing five Fire IVs without Foe's Requiem versus four Fire IVs with that 10% buff from Foe's Requiem, though that's simplifying the scenario by a lot.
If my math's correct, that'd be about a 10% increase in DPS, I think.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think that was intentional though. They don't seem to know how to balance a ranged DPS with the utility of BRD (and MCH), vs the mechanics they have while keeping the DPS competitive AND letting them stay mobile (and a lot of the DPS checks are pretty cruel right now so keeping their DPS low when not moving was probably asking for more trouble than they wanted).

Of course it was, I'm just saying I disagree with what they did. Bard wasn't that low compared to others pre-3.0.

Moonlight

Banned
Is there a limit to how many times you can do Duty Roulette per day? I see people lumping it in as a daily thing, but I'm not seeing a visible limit.

Also, I unlocked Fire 2, but I can't seem to use it in Guildhests. Do you unlock abilities later for group content?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is there a limit to how many times you can do Duty Roulette per day? I see people lumping it in as a daily thing, but I'm not seeing a visible limit.

Also, I unlocked Fire 2, but I can't seem to use it in Guildhests. Do you unlock abilities later for group content?

You can do it as much as you want but you only get the bonus rewards once.

Alrus

Roulettes only give bonuses once a day. You can do them as much as you want but you won't get the bonus after the first one.

Depend on the duties, you might be getting synced to a lower lvl, thus fire 2 isn't available.

Xux

They need to stop making Dark Knight seem so cool; I need to get PLD to 60 first so I can do higher ventures, lol.

Redx508

YO what is going on here where did all the dps go
WS3Lz7k.png

btw
YO AGAIN (help ;~;)

The Totemo Fun Kigurumi Otaku Club is still looking for a melee DPS that's ready for progression raiding as soon as possible in order to fill our 8th slot. We also have a spot for one machinist / bard, as another one of our members will soon be too busy to raid. We're not a super hardcore group, but we expect new members to be able to adapt to each encounter in Alexander Savage, and have a good grasp of their rotations. We've cleared floor 1 savage as a group, and are about to begin working on floor 2.

Our schedule for the moment is TUE / THUR / SAT from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM eastern, though we're flexible enough to run the same time on different days.

If anyone is interested, send Lorde Doome or Red Xiii a /tell in-game, or send me a PM on gaf. If you want, you can also send us a screenshot of a 5 minute ACT parse.

EDIT: And yes, we do use mumble for communicating in raid.

Top Bottom