• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Wagram

Let's see, it has been a bit under 60 hours since early access and people are already done with the story and extreme primals.

Cue the next two weeks of bitchif about there being nothing to do except grind hunts and tomestones.

That's why i'm not rushing. I seriously don't understand the point in skipping every single thing to hit max level. That's not my idea of fun.

Stiler

Ok I caved in and bought heavensward, figured I wanted to try the new race out anyways so it was worth it.

Have they changed fishing at all since release? I loved fishing, espeically how you'd find certain fish in certain water with certain bait, but all together fishing seemed...useless vs other things, i mena most exciting thing was catching a turtle pet, that was about it.

Elfstruck

Sigh, so FFXIV's support is basically useless. Contacted them and its like they didn't even read my ticket. All I got from them was an email that tells me to create a post in the in-game bug.But I can't even log in their forum since I have been away from the game for almost a year....

syoaran

Hit 60 and completed the main story - those post-game credit sequences made me very hyped for whats to come in the future. Overall the entire level experience it was pretty good, with the exception of the level curve on 58-59 being very painful [lots of running around to complete any side quests]. 3.0 Final boss was sadly far too easy - but plenty of spectacle.

It's great that Law is a lot easier to come by, and it's not locked - but it does feel like there is pressure to farm that content just to not be a hinderance in the 60 man dungeons. Hunts rewarding Law [A and S] means they are already being farmed, which is great news for those wanting to get the cosmetics.

Looking forward to trying the new classes, as well as leveling a crafting class.

Aselith

Sigh, so FFXIV's support is basically useless. Contacted them and its like they didn't even read my ticket. All I got from them was an email that tells me to create a post in the in-game bug.But I can't even log in their forum since I have been away from the game for almost a year....

I'm sure they're pretty pressed at the moment considering they just launched a major expansion. Send them another message and take another go at explaining your situation and advise them you can't log into the forums.

What is your actual issue though?

It's great that Law is a lot easier to come by, and it's not locked - but it does feel like there is pressure to farm that content just to not be a hinderance in the 60 man dungeons. Hunts rewarding Law [A and S] means they are already being farmed, which is great news for those wanting to get the cosmetics.

Pressure from who?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ok I caved in and bought heavensward, figured I wanted to try the new race out anyways so it was worth it.

Have they changed fishing at all since release? I loved fishing, espeically how you'd find certain fish in certain water with certain bait, but all together fishing seemed...useless vs other things, i mena most exciting thing was catching a turtle pet, that was about it.
Haven't bothered with fishing in 3.0, but they added a few things to it in 2.0. Stuff like catching legendaries via mooching (catch HQ common fish -> mooch -> (sometimes double mooch ->) chance for legendary fish) and weather patterns affecting what you can catch. Rewards also got boosted via desynthesis, you have to grind it out but once you do you can blow up legendary fish for a chance at swim suit mats, materia, or minions. You also need specific fish for certain rods so that's also something you can spend time on.

3.0 fishing was supposed to use GP as well so things might be a bit harder now.

syoaran

Don't you know? If you are not hardcore enough people will shout at you and call you names!

Pretty much - the only people I've grouped with all seem intent on clearing all the content the game has to offer before reset, so watching cutscenes/not having the right gear etc causes a lot of frustration. Thankfully, in two-three weeks no-one will care!

This might be a dumb question, if I get the expansion can I start one of the new races right away as one of the old jobs even if I don't have a high level character? I know the new jobs are locked behind a level requirement but are the races as well?

Ruruja

Expansion is fantastic. Love the piano version of the Heavensward theme in Zenith.

New PLD skills are quite fun too.

Agree with others about the large amount of grinding side-quests to continue the main story at certain points though.

This might be a dumb question, if I get the expansion can I start one of the new races right away as one of the old jobs even if I don't have a high level character? I know the new jobs are locked behind a level requirement but are the races as well?

The races are available right from the start, no need to go to Ishgard or anything. Which is why the collector's edition comes with Phantasia, so you can switch races if you want.

Agree with others about the large amount of grinding side-quests to continue the main story at certain points though.

I don't have a problem with this, it's how the game seems designed to play after a certain point - make it to a new quest hub, grab all the quests, do them and the storyline quests, finish up the quest hub, move onto the next quest hub. Especially now that many quests give Aether thinamajigs. Me and my friends have been doing that all weekend, it's fun (except certain back-and-forth-and-back-and-forth quests, or ones where the questgiver is super talkative).

Squishy3

Make sure you guys do your daily new hunts too, that's roughly around 115k exp a day and doesn't take very long to do, plus 15 centurio seals a day. That stuff will add up come time you hit 60.

I
ujk6wH1.jpg

Jesus christ mate. That is one the coolest looking character I have seen in a MMO. Makes my inner weeabo tingle.

I had no idea this game had gear like that. From most screenshots I have seen it looks very much like Spiky Knights armour with giant shoulderpads and crazy edges.

Does this game have a transmorg-system for armor?

notworksafe

Jesus christ mate. That is one the coolest looking character I have seen in a MMO. Makes my inner weeabo tingle.

I had no idea this game had gear like that. From most screenshots I have seen it looks very much like Spiky Knights armour with giant shoulderpads and crazy edges.

that gear is a transmog set you get as a subscriber bonus (I believe)

nikos

Would anyone happen to have an unused Early Access code? I never received one for one of my preorders and want to see how the Mac version runs on my system before buying it down the road.

I already purchased PC and PS4 so I'm hesitant to buy a third version right now.

Guess Who

Banned
Would anyone happen to have an unused Early Access code? I never received one for one of my preorders and want to see how the Mac version runs on my system before buying it down the road.

I already purchased PC and PS4 so I'm hesitant to buy a third version right now.

Mac version isn't eligible for early access.

chrono01

Yeah, unfortunately it's a 720 day "Veteran Reward", so you need to have subscribed for 720 days to receive it. That's not 720 days played, mind you, just subscribed. I have my subscription set up for every 180 days, so I get some of the rewards ahead of others.

If you're super serious about it, you could purchase game cards and just keep adding time to your account until you hit 720 days. You'd be committing a lot to the game, though, so you'd better be sure you'll be playing two years from now, otherwise your money could be potentially wasted. :(

As for the vanity itself, I haven't fully decided whether I'll keep it or not. The one thing that really bothers me is the empty sheathe on the back [where Cloud normally stores his weapons]. Since you can't actually use it, I'm always running around with the sheathe just being empty. I know, it probably bothers me more than it should, but it is what it is. I do, however, love both the legs/feet. Given that SE seems content to give us BLM magically "poofy" pants [or skin-tight pants that make us scream in agony], it's nice having a set of pants that allows circulation/isn't puffed out to a ridiculous degree. I'm trying a variation of in-game robes to see what works best with it, and the fact that it's dye-able means it can go with pretty much anything.

Stiler

Is there no 30 day time cards?

Also is the mog station messed up? I logged into my old account where I had FFA:ARR CE on it along with my main character and it lists 0 characters on my account.

Last but not least, edit - I already used one, thanks for all the offers though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have to say that the expansion's early access has been unexpectedly smooth for me. I couldn't log in for a total of maybe 5 minutes when the service started and had 0 errors, no lag and ~2 minute long queues when trying to log in.
I'm quite impressed, but looking at this thread it seems that the experience varies by server.

Capella

Also is the mog station messed up? I logged into my old account where I had FFA:ARR CE on it along with my main character and it lists 0 characters on my account.

Last but not least, I noticed that for a subscription I can enter in a recruitment code, does anyone here have one they'd like me to use?
I would be incredibly grateful if you used mine :D I think you would need to PM me your email address and that's how you would get the code (according to the recruitment page).

EDIT: Also, there are only $60 day time cards available.

Elfstruck

I'm sure they're pretty pressed at the moment considering they just launched a major expansion. Send them another message and take another go at explaining your situation and advise them you can't log into the forums.

What is your actual issue though?

Finally got my issue resolved. But now, I cant get on Balmung due to some 2002 error. lol

Anyway, best way to reach i90? I didnt touch this game for a while, and I was at i70 when I left.

Finally got my issue resolved. But now, I cant get on Balmung due to some 2002 error. lol

Anyway, best way to reach i90? I didnt touch this game for a while, and I was at i70 when I left.

Glad you got it resolved :) As for Error 2002, just keep trying, the servers just get hammered at times.

Stiler

Is there anywhere to set your download speed or installation directory in the installer? Checked config and can't find it.

Only downloading at 3mbps vs my usual 12mbps.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Last but not least, I noticed that for a subscription I can enter in a recruitment code, does anyone here have one they'd like me to use?
You have to log into the game to refresh the character list on Mog Station. It's some issue that occurred due to the website update a few days ago.

Alrus

If you're not too far into the main story I think that the post 50 main quest now give pretty decent gear. Also, there's a welcome back event that gives player that haven't logged in in a long time chocobo feathers that you can trade for i120 gear. Event starts on the 23rd.

Top Bottom