• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Faustek

If you're not too far into the main story I think that the post 50 main quest now give pretty decent gear. Also, there's a welcome back event that gives player that haven't logged in in a long time chocobo feathers that you can trade for i120 gear. Event starts on the 23rd.

Huh? I just logged in for the first time in maybe 6 months last month...That long enough? :)

Anyway, playing so casually that it'll probably take me 4-5 months before I hit 60. I can live with that :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Huh? I just logged in for the first time in maybe 6 months last month...That long enough? :)

Anyway, playing so casually that it'll probably take me 4-5 months before I hit 60. I can live with that :)
Yes.
In commemoration of the launch of Heavensward, we’re excited to welcome adventurers back to Eorzea with the “Welcome Back to Eorzea” campaign! Pick up the adventure where you left off with special items that can be exchanged for item level 120 equipment during the campaign period!

Eligibility
Players who have subscribed to FINAL FANTASY XIV prior to March 31, 2015 and have not logged into the game between Wednesday, April 1, 2015 and Sunday, June 7, 2015.

* Those who are playing the Free Trial version are not eligible.

Campaign period
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT)

Campaign bonus items
When logging into the game with an eligible character, you will be given 10 silver chocobo feathers that you can use to exchange for item level 120 equipment. Silver chocobo feathers can be exchanged via the Calamity Salvager NPC that is located in each city-state.

*The silver chocobo feathers will be sent to characters via the Moogle Delivery Service.
*If you have reached the maximum number of campaign item letters (20), you will need to delete previously stored/read campaign item letters to clear space so that the new letter can be delivered.
*If the campaign item letter is not received during the campaign period, you will not be able to obtain the bonus items.

Be sure not to miss out on this great opportunity!

Moaradin

One thing I love about the story in this expansion is that you kinda have a party traveling along with you. Feels like a classic FF game lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
YDBgTTQ.jpg

Is there a reason the "Azure Dragoon" is wearing black armor? Wouldn't he be the Ebon Dragoon?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I just had the sudden realization that because of my alts, I now have 6 classes to get to 60 (3 of which are at 50) after I finish story with DRG.

Oh god @_@ (at least 30-50 gets a 100% armoury boost).

One of the better expansions I have ever played Drk is amazing got it to 55 now.

I'm in agreement. I haven't explored the other classes yet (been doing story, dungeons and aether currents), but it's already a fantastic expansion. The FFXIV team continues to deliver magnificently.

Btw, anyone done Clan Hunts yet? What are they like?

One thing I love about the story in this expansion is that you kinda have a party traveling along with you. Feels like a classic FF game lol

And one of them is Tataru <3 (a character I've hoped would get more screen time)

I love her character. They've clearly established she's not a fighter, but I like that she's still street smart, and is like "nah, just leave me in this bar. I'm all good. I can take care of myself!"

Kusagari

Yeah, I love the party makeup you have around the time of Sohm Al. The constant bickering between
Estinien and Ysayle
is fantastic.

Killthee

I got a question. I wanna come back and re sub to the game but is there a way I can do it using paypal?
You can purchase Crysta on Mog Station (Square Enix Account Settings -> Add Crysta) using PayPal and then fund your sub with Crysta. If you bought the Steam version you can fund your Steam Wallet using PayPal and then use your Steam Wallet to pay for sub time.

You can purchase Crysta on Mog Station (Square Enix Account Settings -> Add Crysta) using PayPal and then fund your sub with Crysta. If you bought the Steam version you can fund your Steam Wallet using PayPal and then use your Steam Wallet to pay for sub time.

Thanks for the info.

fedexpeon

Banned
One of the better expansions I have ever played Drk is amazing got it to 55 now.

Do you think DRK is suitable for MTing?
I am playing the class for a while now, and I feel like it is weaker than WAR and of course, subpar than a PLD.
The toolkits aren't there.
The only upside to the class that it looks awesome. I love the after effect on those sword swings.
But I will probably shelve DRK until I get to 60 on PLD first and hoping for a revamp of the class like what they did for WAR.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So far haven't seen that many interesting looking Au Ra's, most of them are rocking the same two hairstyles.

Qvoth

only just unlocked vault, never leveled dragoon but i think estinien is a great character
oh and what is aura's racial stats? still have yet to decide if i want to change

Semper88

Do you think DRK is suitable for MTing?
I am playing the class for a while now, and I feel like it is weaker than WAR and of course, subpar than a PLD.
The toolkits aren't there.
The only upside to the class that it looks awesome. I love the after effect on those sword swings.
But I will probably shelve DRK until I get to 60 on PLD first and hoping for a revamp of the class like what they did for WAR.

We did some T13's last night with our static to try out the DRK that used to be the PLD. We found out pretty soon that they are a bit of a mix between PLD/WAR but not as good as any of them. Its like a warrior without Innerbeast, they really miss the VIT or the block.

So yeah, might have not helped that our DRK was full strenght right side but they do seem to get hit hard.

So I was about to buy the expansion and resubscribe and apparently I don't have any available characters according to Mog Station now. Anyone have this problem recently? Not super interested in paying to resubscribe and buy the expansion if I don't have my character.

i'm guessing it's a glitch and my character would be there when I logged in but this is a very uncool feeling

fedexpeon

Banned
We did some T13's last night with our static to try out the DRK that used to be the PLD. We found out pretty soon that they are a bit of a mix between PLD/WAR but not as good as any of them. Its like a warrior without Innerbeast, they really miss the VIT or the block.

So yeah, might have not helped that our DRK was full strenght right side but they do seem to get hit hard.

Yeah, that how I felt too when I was doing old contents on the DRK.
I was like wow, these CDs suck and my HP is dropping too fast.

Oh well, guess I will finish up 60 on PLD since they have some OP party and self CD.
And WAR new stance and dps skills are much better than DRK as well=/.
I was going DRK, PLD, WAR. But now, I might change to PLD, WAR, DRK 3.X update.

I don't get SE. Their idea was to increase the tank population by introducing a popular DPS-hybrid tank class, but their execution is bad. The class right now is half-baked and inferior to the other tanks.

dcye

Ah, the MMO patch cycle continues. Everyone's class sucks balls the moment changes are introduced always.

I play BRD and hope this is merely hyperbolic whining

It's not whining, BRD plays 100% differently. All GCD skills have a cast time, which means you cannot move and attack, plus you have barely any instant cast moves. After playing BRD for nearly two years and never wanting to change my main I absolutely cannot stand playing it. It just plays like BLM to me except BLM can Manipulate to a spot and we're basically rooted to the spot unless you wanna do absolutely no damage to be able to move.

The class has gone from being the most mobile and versatile class in the game to being the least mobile. It's such a jarring change, and a huge huge turnoff for me.

Killthee

So I was about to buy the expansion and resubscribe and apparently I don't have any available characters according to Mog Station now. Anyone have this problem recently? Not super interested in paying to resubscribe and buy the expansion if I don't have my character.

i'm guessing it's a glitch and my character would be there when I logged in but this is a very uncool feeling
Glitch on Mogstation due to the recent upgrades.

Lodestone, Forums, Mog Station Confirmed Issue (Jun. 19)
Currently, we have confirmed an issue on the Lodestone, FINAL FANTASY XIV forums, and Mog Station wherein certain parts of your character will not display.

The issue is currently under investigation, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

Your character will be properly displayed once you log in to game. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but ask that you try logging in to FINAL FANTASY XIV with the affected character in question to confirm.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Lodestone, Forums, Mog Station Confirmed Issue (Jun. 19): Follow-up 2
It has come to our attention that information about the world that a character is affiliated with may also not be displayed properly on The Lodestone, the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forums, and the Mog Station.

We will continue to look into this matter as well as the issue wherein certain character information may not display correctly.

We will provide more information as it becomes available and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

He should pop up once you sub and log into the game.

Stuart444

Drg with the new 2 finisher became a Rngoon. Beacuse both CT and FT proc one of the 2 new skills randomly, with positional require, but is good, Just now im doing the lvl 60 quest.

Randomly? Last I read (when the stuff was datamined during maint), the skill description of BotD says CT will always proc one skill and FT will always proc the other one. There shouldn't be any randomness involved.

I'll find out soon enough when I level up a bit more and get those skills but BotDs description says you will always get one of the buffs after CT and after FT which is what allows you to do the 2 new skills. (enhanced wheeling thrust and something else, I forget the name of the other one)

Stiler

Is there anyone on here on Leviathan? My old guild seems to have completely vanished along with most everyone on my friends list, mmo's not quite the same playing alone.

Is there no 30 day time cards?

Also is the mog station messed up? I logged into my old account where I had FFA:ARR CE on it along with my main character and it lists 0 characters on my account.

Last but not least, edit - I already used one, thanks for all the offers though.

Yes, there's currently a bug where certain characters aren't shown on mogstation/lodestone/official forums. Logging into game should fix it.

Semper88

It's not whining, BRD plays 100% differently. All GCD skills have a cast time, which means you cannot move and attack, plus you have barely any instant cast moves. After playing BRD for nearly two years and never wanting to change my main I absolutely cannot stand playing it. It just plays like BLM to me except BLM can Manipulate to a spot and we're basically rooted to the spot unless you wanna do absolutely no damage to be able to move.

The class has gone from being the most mobile and versatile class in the game to being the least mobile. It's such a jarring change, and a huge huge turnoff for me.

You can still change mate! <3

Hasney

I'm trying to hold off using the new Bard skills as much as I can, but I know once I get further in I'll have to switch class. It is a pain in the arse.

Zomba13

So I'm almost to 57and so far the story is so much better than 2.0. Like, 2.0 wasn't bad it just had a lot of filler during urgent times while the filler in 3.0 kinda makes sense and really is kinda short. The story so far is a lot less wide scale than 2.0 so far just dealing with the history and fate of Ishgard and the Dragons but It's just so much better told and has so much more VA it just feels better quality from a production standpoint. And characters seem much more interesting than in 2.0 too, like Estinien. Even though he was in the DRG quest line he's much better here. I expected the story to be better going by some of the later 2.x patches but it's nice just how much better it is. One of the better MMO stories and expansion stories. I'd say up there with Chains of Promathia in FFXI.

And the zones! They are so good! Only bad bit is it's a bit hard to make out the verticality of some areas due to the map, it needs to be a bit more clear which sections are above/below and which link up. The music is great too, been playing with mount music off in the new zones. And flying is so great, they need to add it to old zones. At first I didn't expect them to be able to but after seeing how it's implemented in the 3.0 areas where you are pretty much in barrier they could easily implement that in old zones (which will have the added effect of stopping people going out of bounds), they just need to add missing geometry to mountains and what not around the edge of a zone or over mountains and such.

PaiiNx

Neo Member
Randomly? Last I read (when the stuff was datamined during maint), the skill description of BotD says CT will always proc one skill and FT will always proc the other one. There shouldn't be any randomness involved.

I'll find out soon enough when I level up a bit more and get those skills but BotDs description says you will always get one of the buffs after CT and after FT which is what allows you to do the 2 new skills. (enhanced wheeling thrust and something else, I forget the name of the other one)

As you can see both FT and CT proc both FaC and WT
02ViYXM.png

lS1CoSQ.png

PP8ku5U.png

KZiYdBT.png

So is 50-50 or RNG

Thoraxes

Man, I was totally cool with the ARR music, but Heavensward's music blows it to pieces. It's all really good so far. In particular, I really love the harmonic progression and melodic material for the main Ishgard theme. Really wonderful use of tone color that hits all the right colors for me.

My only gripe is that I wish the UI scaler went higher so I could properly play it at 4k.

Reknoc

Excellent, the Triple Triad update was in Feb so I should be eligible for the Silver Feathers. All aboard the maximum poverty gear train.

IMBored

The expansion is great from what I've played. Loving the music, the huge areas and the story so far.

Shame BRD had to be the one sacrificed. I'll have to really consider if I want to continue with it when I finish the story.

Hasney

The expansion is great from what I've played. Loving the music, the huge areas and the story so far.

Shame BRD had to be the one sacrificed. I'll have to really consider if I want to continue with it when I finish the story.

Same, all the new classes are getting positive reviews as well so I might try DRK or AST.

I'm thinking it may have had something to do with bard being a pretty much all reward/no risk DPS class lol. That, and needing Machinist to stand out enough to get data useful for future balancing. All speculation tho

Same, all the new classes are getting positive reviews as well so I might try DRK or AST.

I'm really liking DRK, but almost wish there was more risk/thinking involved.

Hasney

i thought all the new classes are getting bad reviews? from what i see on reddit everyone seems to be complaining

FC chat seemed to be digging them. Only complaint I saw in there was Machinist not doing enough damage, but a couple of people said it was fun to play with the ammo system.

Semper88

The insane amount of fetch quests that keep popping really ruin it for me, its to much..

Would have not been so bad if we could fly from the start.

I don't know much about the story lol, I've been raiding since i started with the game but almost skipped every main quest cut scene.

Dungeons, Primals and Coil is what keeps me playing.

i thought all the new classes are getting bad reviews? from what i see on reddit everyone seems to be complaining

Yea I think SE went with the safe route, all new classes are a bit underwhelming.

We tried DRK in 13, wasn't doing so well they lack something. MCN seems to be lacking dmg but is fun to play and the new healer is a buff monster, still needs to be proven in raids.

Top Bottom