• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Apoptomon

After the maint I went and picked up MCH and AST, and I have a question for y'all: how often should Astro's signature ability (draw) be used? Regularly/ on cd?

After the maint I went and picked up MCH and AST, and I have a question for y'all: how often should Astro's signature ability (draw) be used? Regularly/ on cd?
You're almost always gonna be using draw every time it is off CD. Obviously you to have to be smart about using your cards. Sometimes it is best to just let a card die in your hand rather than using it and possibly wasting your Royal Road enhancement, provided you actually have something in your Royal Road.

i.e. You have Ewer on Royal Road which spreads the next buff you apply to people nearby your target. But you happen to draw Ewer again but it really wouldn't have much use in your current situation because nobody needs MP. At that point you'd either use Shuffle for a better card or just let the card die.

Speaking of AST, finally got my weapon so now I'm ilvl 192. Ran Alex 4 several times till I got a Shaft and turned that in for healer body item so now I have all the healer gear from Alexander.

also ran into a bunch of other ASTs and god damn that cockiness we all had was evident. Every thing feels so much nicer with these buffs. i didn't even mind being the Nocturnal Sect using ASTs! Even a WHM commented that all he's been seeing are ASTs now since the buffs.

OUR TIME HAS COME

o0rfcE1.jpg

Apoptomon

You're almost always gonna be using draw every time it is off CD. Obviously you to have to be smart about using your cards. Sometimes it is best to just let a card die in your hand rather than using it and possibly wasting your Royal Road enhancement, provided you actually have something in your Royal Road.

i.e. You have Ewer on Royal Road which spreads the next buff you apply to people nearby your target. But you happen to draw Ewer again but it really wouldn't have much use in your current situation because nobody needs MP. At that point you'd either use Shuffle for a better card or just let the card die.
Oh, cool thanks for the info.

iammeiam

If you're not going to use a card and Shuffle's on CD, click it off instead of letting it time out. Even on controller I could usually pull that off during a cast of something else.

Are the NIN Alex normal pants worth buying? They have accuracy but also have skill speed. They are an upgrade for me but I dunno if I should get them or just use them on another job and save up for eso pants instead.

Valor

Are the NIN Alex normal pants worth buying? They have accuracy but also have skill speed. They are an upgrade for me but I dunno if I should get them or just use them on another job and save up for eso pants instead.

It depends on what the rest of the set looks like. If they allow you to use a dps piece etc etc.

Tabris

I'm sure it does and then you get deluded into thinking this week may be better and you end up with weeks where you do 30 matches and get 2 wins for your troubles.

It's all luck of the queue, nothing else. There's so many people doing PVP that there's no pattern unless you keep running into the same premades. How many people are you getting in each match that just are there for the Eso and don't care about PVP is usually what determines who wins.

Qvoth

tested on 697 spell speed though
basically if you want to take your chance with fire proc, the 1st one is better
the current 6 fire 4 opener gives 5450+ potency in his calculation, so these 2 are supposed to be better
he mentioned on the thread if you know movement is coming 6 fire 4 is still better though

Jayhawk

He was talking about his static though, so if his static is missing a battery job, I wonder how A3S and A4S will go down.

A2S has our Machinist on the Gobwalker, so no battery! He will be available to be a battery in A3S and A4S, he will need to be doing the carrying since he's the only one that is at least i200.

So my plan was to level WAR but it didn't really grab me at first, so I switched to NIN and holy crap this job gets complicated (and fun) at 45 when you get the third mudra.

I assume there isn't anyway to break away the debuffs from the target bar? I for sure need to put the debuffs closer to where I can see my cooldowns but I'm not thrilled with having a big red bar right at my character's feet all the time.

Looking forward to hitting 50 and catching up on the story, although I've heard the pre-3.0 stuff isn't very exciting.

Moonlight

Banned
Did my first dungeon! Sastasha, that is. Got some decent shoes out of it, but there was nothing else I wanted to roll for. Guess I'll be making a lot more runs if I want to complete this set. Was a little concerned about pulling randoms off the Duty Finder, but everyone I partied with were pretty chill.

Almost tempted to swap into a healer for all these queues being held up by a lack of 'em, though.

Did my first dungeon! Sastasha, that is. Got some decent shoes out of it, but there was nothing else I wanted to roll for. Guess I'll be making a lot more runs if I want to complete this set. Was a little concerned about pulling randoms off the Duty Finder, but everyone I partied with were pretty chill.

Almost tempted to swap into a healer for all these queues being held up by a lack of 'em, though.

that lvl 17 set will last you till brayflox. Also they look cool. ie the acolyte and foestriker gear

WolvenOne

I figured. I'm already subbed for an extended period, I just wanna get my gear and level my other classes.

Well, there are a few ways to go about that.

1: Take up raiding and start getting occasional 210 drops outside your main class. Eh, I wouldn't recommend this, since Alexander Savage is really unfriendly to first time raiders. If you're confident though, you could always find a first time team and give it a try.

2: You use 180 and 190 gear for you alternate classes, and wait until you're done with Esoterics on your main class before spending on others.

2.5: wait for the 24 man raid in 3.1, and get a free 200 piece per week.

Probably not the answers you'd like to hear though, I'd imagine. Still, the weekly caps actually serve a purpose. Uncapped tome farming kinda gets old, fast.

Teknoman

Still listening to the OST...
The Coil Tightens :eek:
I forgot about this song, best music.

Is that the PSO style song?

EDIT: No I think that's called Spiral...which one is The Coil Tightens?

Also after messing around at the GAF house training dummies with DRK...I wanna switch from paladin to dark so bad lol. I just like their animations.

Ken

Is that the PSO style song?

EDIT: No I think that's called Spiral...which one is The Coil Tightens?

Also after messing around at the GAF house training dummies with DRK...I wanna switch from paladin to dark so bad lol. I just like their animations.

Really? If there's one thing I like about PLD it's how flashy their stuff is.

Top Bottom