• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Pancho

Qurupancho
anQDpS0.png
Until now, I thought the dude was making some fab pose, but now I realize that the "extended arm" is a sword.

Omni

Well, I beat HW. Ending kinda bothered me because... well yanno. But overall I really enjoyed the main story quests this time around. Everything in ARR and even a lot in 2.5 felt like such a chore to go through.

I have like 400 Tombstones of Law right now because of the final bits. I suppose what I should be doing now is getting i170 gear? Also is there any particular order I should purchase things? Might not matter but worth asking anyway. Everything I have including my weapon is ~i145. Haven't unlocked Neverreap or the other one yet so I'll have to do that as well.

Qvoth

just wanna say that the new opener works even with 650 spell speed
and apparently it's not very new? the blm from elysium has a vid of basicaly the same thing but it's posted in june lol

aceface

Is that the PSO style song?

EDIT: No I think that's called Spiral...which one is The Coil Tightens?

Also after messing around at the GAF house training dummies with DRK...I wanna switch from paladin to dark so bad lol. I just like their animations.

The Coil Tightens is the song that plays in the first half of the cutscene right before T13...doesn't play anywhere else to my knowledge.

Huge spoilers for the end of coil obviously. Here's that cutscene

Also for those on the fence about the OST, it also has the full video of the Japan Primals concert and the piano solo guy on the blu-ray.

Tiops

Mudra lag is starting to impact my enjoyment with Ninja :(

I like how the job plays, but it feels I'm underperforming every time. How do you guys handle it? Most of the time I end up delaying my GCD when casting Raiton. At least they helped with Huton on Heavensward, but Suiton will still take ages to cast.

Alrus

I can't seem to patch the game anymore since the hotfix. It gives me an error (unable to download files or something). Haven't really found any conclusive info on the internet either... bummer :(

dramatis

I have like 400 Tombstones of Law right now because of the final bits. I suppose what I should be doing now is getting i170 gear? Also is there any particular order I should purchase things? Might not matter but worth asking anyway. Everything I have including my weapon is ~i145. Haven't unlocked Neverreap or the other one yet so I'll have to do that as well.
You should unlock the two end game dungeons Neverreap and Fractal Continuum. Get Law gear, and then try doing Alexander Normal. Bismarck EX is also available.

Purchase in what order you feel like.

I can't seem to patch the game anymore since the hotfix. It gives me an error (unable to download files or something). Haven't really found any conclusive info on the internet either... bummer :(
What platform are you on? I don't know about PC, but with console you can generally just exit and load in again. Eventually it works lol

Alrus

What platform are you on? I don't know about PC, but with console you can generally just exit and load in again. Eventually it works lol

PC, I don't really get it honestly, it worked fine for every other patch and I haven't changed a single thing since the last one :/ Guess I'll try later.

Edit : Well it works now, don't know what happened. Oh well.

Sorian

Banned
just wanna say that the new opener works even with 650 spell speed
and apparently it's not very new? the blm from elysium has a vid of basicaly the same thing but it's posted in june lol

It's not new, it's what people started with and then dropped at that time. It had to do with things not lining up during the rotation and most people expected to go back to it once we had spell speed again.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The Coil Tightens is the song that plays in the first half of the cutscene right before T13...doesn't play anywhere else to my knowledge.

Also for those on the fence about the OST, it also has the full video of the Japan Primals concert and the piano solo guy on the blu-ray.
Mine shipped :>

Tabris

Man watching this makes me depressed about the boringness that is Alexander in comparison. I was so amped coming out of this cutscene and hearing that music play.

Man watching this makes me depressed about the boringness that is Alexander in comparison. I was so amped coming out of this cutscene and hearing that music play.
You're comparing the first part of Alexander to the last part of Coil.

Seems like a fair comparison since the first part of Coil was just SOOOO interesting right?

EDIT: You know what, nope. We've had this argument too much.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I liked the Coil fights themselves so far more as well. Second and Final especially.

I like how the job plays, but it feels I'm underperforming every time. How do you guys handle it? Most of the time I end up delaying my GCD when casting Raiton. At least they helped with Huton on Heavensward, but Suiton will still take ages to cast.

I don't know why they won't make it 1.2s CD like they did with Monk. I think that would help a bit, instead of having Mudras eat into your GCD time. But in JP they are really close to their servers so they don't get the tiny amounts of lag that are all that is needed to fuck up Mudras thus they do not care.

Critical Elk

Neo Member

Drop raiton for fuma, basically. Unless numbers have changed drastically from 50, any potency gain from raiton is lost if it eats into your gcd.

All I remember from running Coil was running it till my eyes bled and NEVER getting healer body. IT IS UGLY AS SIN BUT I STILL WANT IT

Stupid Coil.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
All I remember from running Coil was running it till my eyes bled and NEVER getting healer body. IT IS UGLY AS SIN BUT I STILL WANT IT

Stupid Coil.

What, Allagan? Allagan healer/caster sets are some of the best-looking. Nothing compares to HA but you know.

This body took me over 80 T4s I believe. Don't ask about the pants. Those are soaked in tears and blood. Mostly blood of bads in DF.

Frumix, your dedication is admirable and scary. I fell into despair once I hit the 20s and still didn't get it. I gave up and moved on.

As for the look I prefer the way it looks on the taller races compared to my Lala.

Sorian

Banned
I had never watched that before. That's not what FFXIV is like at all. People doing stuff in zone together? Nobody does things together outside of instances or AFKing together in Ildyshire or Housing.

Everyone flying together was on their way to a hunt. The big boss they were fighting out in the field was the FATE boss that drops the tokens for the fedora. Everything checks out to me.

Time to finish up AST. I'd like to do WHM too to have all healers to 60, but uuugh, that grind. Dungeons are probably quickest still as healers, yeah? I leveled my SCH when the FATEs in new areas gave next to no EXP.

Also, anyone have experience with the activity and endgame on Leviathan? My friends and I are on Exodus and... Meh. Trying to decide between that and Gilgamesh.

Audioboxer

Started running King Mog as I want a popup summoner book, then I realized the real grind is apparently a glowing version made from a strand of hair or something in EX mode lol.

I finally done The World of Darkness as well. The last boss caused 1 wipe, pretty tough! Sadly no loot drops at all for me.

Tabris

Everyone flying together was on their way to a hunt. The big boss they were fighting out in the field was the FATE boss that drops the tokens for the fedora. Everything checks out to me.

How about that small party fighting those fish people?

Well, I beat HW. Ending kinda bothered me because... well yanno. But overall I really enjoyed the main story quests this time around. Everything in ARR and even a lot in 2.5 felt like such a chore to go through.

A bit outdated but did the trick for me.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TbmBVks_f36Ytw7INoQkHYchB5_QSiYhGA4MCl0rhZ0/mobilebasic

Started running King Mog as I want a popup summoner book, then I realized the real grind is apparently a glowing version made from a strand of hair or something in EX mode lol.

I finally done The World of Darkness as well. The last boss caused 1 wipe, pretty tough! Sadly no loot drops at all for me.

wut

Is the SCH book a pop-up too?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I had never watched that before. That's not what FFXIV is like at all. People doing stuff in zone together? Nobody does things together outside of instances or AFKing together in Ildyshire or Housing.

My favorite is development time spent on LB3s that you never see.

Audioboxer

wut

Is the SCH book a pop-up too?

I thought it was, maybe it isn't </3

If it isn't can't I just glamour it's design or can you only glamour on class specifics? They're both books, should be allowed :p

edit: definitely seems to be

254de7ff3481931243e2ce5e106d2f1d3502e8f7.jpg

and this is scholars

1898397a7aeb3a9b03e1544a2e3e440395805d58.jpg

Difference seems to be the moogle bobble vs crown

man, i shouldn't have logged in so early today. mael is shit at pvp currently. got like 5 3rd and 2 2nd place? zero wins!

i need 6 more to get the 100 wins achievement.

queued for roulette and got another DRK that ran the whole dungeon without darkside. fuck this game.

when's MGS5?

Audioboxer

man, i shouldn't have logged in so early today. mael is shit at pvp currently. got like 5 3rd and 2 2nd place? zero wins!

i need 6 more to get the 100 wins achievement.

queued for roulette and got another DRK that ran the whole dungeon without darkside. fuck this game.

when's MGS5?

Tomorrow for me! :D

Xux

Is Darkside hard to maintain? Besides keeping Blood Price and Carve and Spit on cooldown, is it harder than, say, maintaining Storm's Path?

Top Bottom