• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

IvorB

Not designing a game around an action system with 35 different commands could probably also help. I'm not advocating for 5 button rotations WoW seems to be going for as of late but coming into a Final Fantasy title, I don't think many people are looking to play piano etudes to succeed.

Please no. Dumbing down the gameplay is not the answer to anything.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Spoiler event (about new jobs):
http://puu.sh/jQcyi/8c72d484d1.jpg

2999374-8194131681-dont-.jpg

IvorB

I had never watched that before. That's not what FFXIV is like at all. People doing stuff in zone together? Nobody does things together outside of instances or AFKing together in Ildyshire or Housing.

People actually do party-up in the zones to do stuff all the time. Maybe join a FATE or hunt party sometime and check it out... It occurs to me while typing this that you may have been joking, in which case please feel free to disregard.

Omni

What item level should you be before you attempt Bismarck Extreme? I was asked to do it earlier but I was unsure about my gear. I assume I'm far off being ready but they did ask so //shrug

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What item level should you be before you attempt Bismarck Extreme? I was asked to do it earlier but I was unsure about my gear. I assume I'm far off being ready but they did ask so //shrug

165-ish with 170+ weapon.
Realistically you'll be expected to have 170+.

Edit: Somebody on Reddit pointed out Nonora is Yoshida's BLM he plays in PLL game demos.

Well that Event was pretty nice, honestly wasn't expecting it to turn out like that.

All that forth wall breaking was unexpected and it was nice to see hints dropped about the next jobs and next EX fight. Fully expect Samurai and Red Mage to both be dps classes cause making new healers and tanks actually requires them to put more thought into their creation.

I am highly upset everyone was Hyurs though.

Worst event for worst city.

/throw
/throw
/digust

Sifl

What does (deleted) on your friends list mean? I added this guy before he had to go do something irl. He went offline then I noticed it like 30mins later. Did he just flat out delete his character or something, lol?

What does (deleted) on your friends list mean? I added this guy before he had to go do something irl. He went offline then I noticed it like 30mins later. Did he just flat out delete his character or something, lol?
Either deleted their character or did a server transfer.

Omni

I was looking at my cross-class skills or whatever and noticed that I can add Physick to my WMH. Is there any difference between that and Cure 1?

dramatis

Haha, I wasn't going to. I much prefer Cure's animation. I was just curious as to why we can cross class what seems to be the same ability :p
The reason for Cure cross class has less to do with other healers and more to do with the initial levels of dps and tanks. They're the ones who could benefit from the Cure cross class capability.

Frazley

Man, the feels from The Rising! :D

Just got my Before the Fall Soundtrack and now, without the duplicates, have all of the music of FFXIV.

Loving this game too much!

ebil

God dammit Maelstrom suck on Chaos. 3rd every time.
According to hardcore PvPers from my FC it's quite recent too. I did a bunch of matches last night and it was a hilarious contest between Maelstrom and Adders to determine who would suck the most.
Maelstrom won the contest

Sorian

Banned
According to hardcore PvPers from my FC it's quite recent too. I did a bunch of matches last night and it was a hilarious contest between Maelstrom and Adders to determine who would suck the most.

There's a place where Flames aren't shit tier? :O

dcye

Everyone in Mael is goddamn retarded. How hard is it to not chase into giant packs of Flames? Children.

gryvan

Thank god I'm not in that data center

mael got hit hard this week. most of my LS don't queue anymore. other hardcore pvpers i usually saw daily stopped 1-2 weeks ago. yup, time to declare dead game until new rewards arrive :p

wait 1-2 more more weeks, then leftover adders/flames that switched to mael for easy wins will switch to flames. the cycle continues.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The Rising was cute this year. One question though. Are there any women on the production team in any positions of note?

hamchan

Great seasonal event. I enjoy Yoshida's honesty ;-;

I liked how he pretty much said 1.0 was a disaster because they didn't listen to fans and pledged never to never let things slip like that again.

It was a very heartfelt thanks he gave to all the players, what an amazing event.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I liked how he pretty much said 1.0 was a disaster because they didn't listen to fans and pledged never to never let things slip like that again.

It was a very heartfelt thanks he gave to all the players, what an amazing event.

3steps.jpg

FFXV team is still failing with #1 tho...

Top Bottom