• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Sorian

Banned
3steps.jpg

FFXV team is still failing with #1 tho...

I played the original demo that came with type-0 once and then have ignored all FFXV news since then. At this point I expect nothing so I probably won't be disappointed.

WolvenOne

So, indeed
Singularity Reactor
is almost definitely getting an Extreme. Also wouldn't be surprised to see
Doom Train
get a trial, but I actually doubt it'd be a Primal exactly. Probably more like an ancient Allagan engine. Which would honestly be a good thing, as much over-exposure the Allag's get, Primals are even more over-used. I wouldn't mind more non-Primal trials, save new Primals for bigger moments.

Squishy3

Pls be excite for Clockwork Doom-Train

Think I might let my sub lapse and resub either mid-September or whenever the 3.1 release date is announced, since I have no interest in doing Alex Savage.

WolvenOne

....Maaaybe the
Doomtrain Trial
will be apart of the next Hildibrand storyline. That way we can see Godbert suplex it at the end.

Squishy3

Godbert tries to suplex the train, but is unable to, when Sabin comes out of nowhere and suplexes Godbert and the train at the same time

Kadmus

Neo Member
Hey guys! I have been gone for a like a month, ( had a issue where i had to stop playing. but the game was still subbed. ) anyway if i could, would love to come back got ultros GAF.

name is beowulf kadmas.

Jarate

Banned
I'd imagine next expac will be Roman themed and have it so that its a new starting zone and such.

I'm hoping we get a DPS class that uses swords though. Red Mage could be a cool support style DPS

I'd love to see them bring back Alchemist and make it so healing potions can become useful in some way.

Jarate

Banned
Nope, next expac is Ala Mhigo.

Ala Mhigo is DEAD

honestly I think the next expac will be one where you don't have to play the story to be able to access, or at least not in a similar way to heavenward

Ala Mhigo would be a great expac Luke heavenseard was.

I just hope one day we can play as some of the garlean classes. Dem gunblades man

Afrocious

Hi GAF lol.

Just figured I'd post here since I'm seeing a few of you gathered in Ul'dah. I just started this game a few days ago and am only level 16.

You folks have cool gear lol.

Wilsongt

Ala Mhigo is DEAD

honestly I think the next expac will be one where you don't have to play the story to be able to access, or at least not in a similar way to heavenward

I just hope one day we can play as some of the garlean classes. Dem gunblades man

Red Mage to use Gunblades.

Count on it.

Squishy3

Ala Mhigo is DEAD

who needs gunblades when cannonshields exist

Rhitahtyn_sas_Arvina.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Zhao_Yun

Just wanted to order the Before the Fall OST on the European SE store. Turns out that SE wants 15€ shipping costs to Germany for merchandise products below 40€. That's nearly half of the price for the actual OST...

the next expac will be one where you don't have to play the story to be able to access, or at least not in a similar way to heavenward

They did mention not needing to complete the previous storyline to get into 4.0, I can't remember where though. It was very recently!

Still working my way through the post 2.0 story stuff. I really wish they hadn't padded this crap out with so many insufferable fetch quests. The cutscenes are fine, and I don't mind all the politics thrown in, and of course the Primal fights, while few and far between are pretty cool even if they are super faceroll at this point.

But holy shit everything is just dragged down by what feels like hours of completely worthless content. There are what feels like dozens of quests which literally involve teleporting to someplace, running for 5 minutes, clicking through dialogue and then teleporting back. The ones that do involve combat just spawn a completely brainless mob that I can kill in 10 seconds.

I feel like this stuff would be passable if they just cut the filler out but as it is this is by far the worst time I have had with this game yet. Can you guys reassure me that at least Heavensward's story isn't so shitty?

I don't know if the endgame community is stagnant or not, but I can tell you it doesn't help making me trudge through this bullshit just to start grinding to 60. I was going to try and get a few of my old raiding buddies to play this game, but I know for sure none of them are going to have the patience for this kind of crap. We've wiped for weeks on the bleeding edge of WoW content in the past but honestly this fetch quest bullshit is wearing my patience faster than that ever did.

Sorry for ranting, but a few days ago I was really looking forward to working towards getting into the endgame and this story quest barrier has just sapped all my enthusiasm. I just want to grind dungeons man.

Sifl

I had a moment of insanity and qeued for Ramuh Ex via df. It took 40mins to find a group and within 2 mins I regretted everything.

aceface

They did mention not needing to complete the previous storyline to get into 4.0, I can't remember where though. It was very recently!

It was in the recent live letter!

Main Scenario Progression to Access 4.0 Content

Though it’s still a bit early to talk about this, you’ll be able to access and accept quests for Patch 4.0 even if you have not completed the main scenario for the Patch 3.x series. Similarly, you’ll be able to unlock new jobs regardless of your scenario progression. Due to this, we feel the need to create a system that will allow you to watch a digest of what happened. However, for the 3.0 story, since everyone has seen everything up until now I think it was enjoyable, and while there were some pros and cons for this, I think having the system we did for the 3.x series was a good thing.

Also, while the anniversary event was cute I can't help but think that an ex version of an existing trial and only 2 new dungeons for 3.1 is lazy. In 2.1 we got 3 new ex trials (4 if you include Ultima hm), a new story trial, and 3 dungeons. Yeah that was the most from any patch but 3 dungeons and a whole new primal was pretty standard for 2.x. That airship stuff better be some robust content.

Tabris

The airship raid will be same deal as CT. Fucking AFK content.

Maybe they will do a Savage version where you need to run it with static alliances / FC, which would be cool. But they won't.

WolvenOne

It was in the recent live letter!

Also, while the anniversary event was cute I can't help but think that an ex version of an existing trial and only 2 new dungeons for 3.1 is lazy. In 2.1 we got 3 new ex trials (4 if you include Ultima hm), a new story trial, and 3 dungeons. Yeah that was the most from any patch but 3 dungeons and a whole new primal was pretty standard for 2.x. That airship stuff better be some robust content.

Sky island looks robust on paper, we'll see for certain soon enough. One less dungeon isn't a huge deal, since it's just an HM they cut rather than the original. Hopefully we'll get a few trials or two that aren't EX's, cause trial roulette at sixty is absolutely anemic right now. The twenty four man helps pad out a lot of this however.

Hilibrand would help too, keeping my fingers crossed.

dcye

The airship raid will be same deal as CT. Fucking AFK content.

Maybe they will do a Savage version where you need to run it with static alliances / FC, which would be cool. But they won't.

He's talking about the FC airship exploration stuff, not the 24-man

WolvenOne

Sky island exploration is probably going to be high stakes Add management. It's really the only way too have semi dynamic fights without carefully designing every possible encounter.

So, less outright wipe mechanics, more, sleep those, stun that, etc etc.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Applied to the GAF guild, submitted under my original GAF username instead of this one (I asked for it to be changed by a mod quite a while back).

D'oh,

The mini event today was solid. Felt genuine.

Top Bottom