• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Even after all of the complaints about the changes the Bard Class received in 3.0 it's still remains to be one of the top DPS Job of choice.

I guess some of us are too loyal to change jobs and despite my displeasure with Wanderer's Minuet my Bard is still my main and I still continue to play with him to this day.
"People are still playing BRD, they must love Wanderer's Minuet!"

dcye

When I looked at the graphs earlier I vaguely recall it saying "lvl31-60" in which case I contributes to every one of those lol.

I'm actually still shocked Ninja is so low.

You'd think such a weeb filled game would attract a lot of people to that class. Or is Ninja such a weeb-bait class that people stay away?

Scher

Okay, what is ilvl? And what is AS1, 2 etc?
Is all of this endgame stuff that I shouldn't worry about yet?

Each piece of gear has an ilvl, which basically relates to how many stat points are on a given piece of equipment. If you look at a piece of equipment, you'll see the ilvl listed right above where it says what classes can wear it and the required level to wear it.

AS is referring to Alexander Savage, which is the current end game raid. The number just refers to which floor you're on in Alexander.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
It probably calculates all the non-capped people so naturally jobs for starting classes have larger percentages.

That makes sense.

"People are still playing BRD, they must love Wanderer's Minuet!"

Well if they ignore all the criticism they got and ignored the fact that only 5% of Bards have experienced Wanderer's Minuet than I can see how they can come to that conclusion.

04_JPEN_Census_L

I'm going to assume the reason 38% of Lancers are between 11-20 is because they did it to get Invigorate and refuse to level more to get Blood for Blood.

Like me.

Alrus

I'm going to assume the reason 38% of Lancers are between 11-20 is because they did it to get Invigorate and refuse to level more to get Blood for Blood.

Like me.

Lvling a lancer early on is so stupid. I wonder why they designed it the way they did...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well if they ignore all the criticism they got and ignored the fact that only 5% of Bards have experienced Wanderer's Minuet than I can see how they can come to that conclusion.
That's exactly what they're doing!

Like me.
dgPDrNx.gif

Valor

Maybe if people stopped complaining about Minuet and actually learned to play with it there would be less of a stupid stigma.

Sifl

Don't think I'm gonna get my Eso's this week. Thats basically the only reason to log in and it's boring as fuck.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Maybe if people stopped complaining about Minuet and actually learned to play with it there would be less of a stupid stigma.
It's still pretty shitty to take the anti-BLM play style job and give it a BLM play style.
Don't think I'm gonna get my Eso's this week. Thats basically the only reason to log in and it's boring as fuck.
But Neverreap is fun!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
As long as we remain to be pseudo Black Mages the Stigma shall forever remain!

But Neverreap is fun!
Every time I fight a boss on Neverreap or do any 2.X content I'm giving a seldom reminder of how things used to be when I didn't have to use Wanderer's Minuet because moving and attacking at the same time in those Boss fights on Neverreap would be very useful.

Sifl

It's still pretty shitty to take the anti-BLM play style job and give it a BLM play style.

But Neverreap is fun!
This game honestly feels like a chore. Same thing with the gathering scripts, did it for 1 week haven't done it since. Instead of just going on and playing the game, you're setting times to do certain content. "Oh it's 12 pm, this fish is only catchable for like a period of 5 mins at 12:15. Better log in so I don't miss it"

tearsofash

I complained about it. Switched to magic, got used to casting, and then switched back to BRD. It all kind of worked out. I think it's an interesting thing they threw in there.

WolvenOne

This game honestly feels like a chore. Same thing with the gathering scripts, did it for 1 week haven't done it since. Instead of just going on and playing the game, you're setting times to do certain content. "Oh it's 12 pm, this fish is only catchable for like a period of 5 mins at 12:15. Better log in so I don't miss it"

Okay, I don't want to be melodramatic but this is starting to annoy me a bit. If you don't like crafting, gathering, etc, you don't actually have to do it! I personally enjoy Gathering, I will admit that I wish the level 60 Nodes were up for a bit longer but other then that it's a fun little distraction. It's not for everyone though, and it's purely optional. I mean, I will admit that this game leans a bit too heavily on grinds ATM, but Gathering was pretty darn similar back in 2.X as well.

*Sigh* Sorry, just feels like there's a lot of negativity going around lately, and it's getting to me a bit. I don't really think the problem isn't that there are grinds in the game, I think the problem is that currently it's lacking non-grindy content to balance it out. When there's a ton of trials, raids, etc to do at end-game, you hardly even need to touch roulettes to cap. Obviously this isn't applicable to scrips of course, but again all of that stuff is very optional.

Sifl

Okay, I don't want to be melodramatic but this is starting to annoy me a bit. If you don't like crafting, gathering, etc, you don't actually have to do it! I personally enjoy Gathering, I will admit that I wish the level 60 Nodes were up for a bit longer but other then that it's a fun little distraction. It's not for everyone though, and it's purely optional.

I mean, I will admit that this game leans a bit too heavily on grinds ATM, but Gathering was pretty darn similar back in 2.X as well.
I wouldn't mind the way gathering/crafting/Eso's were set up if they got rid of the weekly caps. It just makes it feel too much like an actual job, which is what they are going for. What if someone's busy for a week? What if they want to take a break? What if they just don't want to do that specific content for a while because they are burnt out? If anything like what I asked comes up, you halt your progression, not just because you choose not to do it, but because you don't hit the caps. So when you actually want to do those things, there's no way to make up what you lost.

I like gathering, I fish/mine all the time to make money. I don't touch the red scrips because there isn't enough benefit to make me actual organize and plan when to go gather. It's not a good idea making content that a majority of the players don't want to do, mainly because of the way it's set up.

Edit: just want to say you shouldn't get so stressed out about it. Based on your edits it seems like you're tired of discussing this, lol.

Soma

i'm probably one of like 4 bards who actually genuinely likes minuet

sure it's pretty clunky, especially after seeing how gauss barrel works with machinist, but it's just more enjoyable to me

also

this will never stop being immensely satisfying

Valor

sure it's pretty clunky, especially after seeing how gauss barrel works with machinist, but it's just more enjoyable to me

also

I KNOW RIGHT. This guy gets it.

WolvenOne

I wouldn't mind the way gathering/crafting/Eso's were set up if they got rid of the weekly caps. It just makes it feel too much like an actual job, which is what they are going for. What if someone's busy for a week? What if they want to take a break? What if they just don't want to do that specific content for a while because they are burnt out? If anything like what I asked comes up, you halt your progression, not just because you choose not to do it, but because you don't hit the caps. So when you actually want to do those things, there's no way to make up what you lost.

I like gathering, I fish/mine all the time to make money. I don't touch the red scrips because there isn't enough benefit to make me actual organize and plan when to go gather. It's not a good idea making content that a majority of the players don't want to do, mainly because of the way it's set up.

Edit: just want to say you shouldn't get so stressed out about it. Based on your edits it seems like you're tired of discussing this, lol.

The secret is, you don't really need to cap. I mean this isn't really raiding, where you need the best gear you can get ATM to maximize your progress. Missing a week means, well it means very little in the long term. Come 3.1 they'll either remove the cap, increase the amount of scrips you get per craft/node, or both. The cap is just there to keep people from farming up everything in a few weeks.

Anyhow, I'm not really tired of discussing this, "exactly." I'm just a little weary of all the negative little comments. I mean I can certainly understand that the game has some issues right now, but after a certain point hearing about it starts becoming more taxing than anything else.

I should probably just avoid the OT until TGS hits.

Xion_Stellar

also

OK now try pulling those same numbers on something like say....Titan EX or Turn 5 Phase 2 because as any other Bard who is against Wanderer's Minuet would tell you it's not the same when your in a scenerio where you have to move around vs attacking a dummy who is standing still.

And also the complaints come from having our movement restricted while attacking just like a Black Mage and it was never about our DPS and how much Damage we did.

Sifl

The secret is, you don't really need to cap. I mean this isn't really raiding, where you need the best gear you can get ATM to maximize your progress. Missing a week means, well it means very little in the long term. Come 3.1 they'll either remove the cap, increase the amount of scrips you get per craft/node, or both. The cap is just there to keep people from farming up everything in a few weeks.

Anyhow, I'm not really tired of discussing this, "exactly." I'm just a little weary of all the negative little comments. I mean I can certainly understand that the game has some issues right now, but after a certain point hearing about it starts becoming more taxing than anything else.

I should probably just avoid the OT until TGS hits.
I guess that's the overall point, there just isn't enough content. If you are a casual player like me, what is there to log in for every week? I don't raid, so the only thing I have to work towards is gearing up my characters as much as possible. I understand why the cap is there, but it's a lose lose. Keep the cap, it's the way it is now. Take away the cap, everyone gets their gear right away and because there's nothing to do unless you raid, you either level up another job or stop playing.

You are right about the overall progression comment, but if everyone thought getting your Eso's to gear up didn't matter in the long run, what would all the casual players have to work towards? "Oh this gear doesn't even matter because it isn't that big of an upgrade. Plus I don't want to do the content that this gear requires, better go do some of the other end game content. Oh wait."

WolvenOne

I guess that's the overall point, there just isn't enough content. If you are a casual player like me, what is there to log in for every week? I don't raid, so the only thing I have to work towards is gearing up my characters as much as possible. I understand why the cap is there, but it's a lose lose. Keep the cap, it's the way it is now. Take away the cap, everyone gets their gear right away and because there's nothing to do unless you raid, you either level up another job or stop playing.

You are right about the overall progression comment, but if everyone thought getting your Eso's to gear up didn't matter in the long run, what would all the casual players have to work towards? "Oh this gear doesn't even matter because it isn't that big of an upgrade. Plus I don't want to do the content that this gear requires, better go do some of the other end game content. Oh wait."

Well on ther Gatherer's front, you only need about 3/4th the gear to really go after Legendary Nodes, which is the hardest stuff to get right now. Between that and the fact that there'll inevitably be a catchup mechanic at some point, there just isn't a really pressing need to cap each and every single week.

I mean, heck, same holds true for Esoterics in the long run. If you want to take a week off and go on a vacation, don't let the game stop you.

Critical Elk

Neo Member
OK now try pulling those same numbers on something like say....Titan EX or Turn 5 Phase 2 because as any other Bard who is against Wanderer's Minuet would tell you it's not the same when your in a scenerio where you have to move around vs attacking a dummy who is standing still.

And also the complaints come from having our movement restricted while attacking just like a Black Mage and it was never about our DPS and how much Damage we did.

But black mages can already pull numbers like that on Titan ex. It just requires planning your rotation with the boss's rotation in mind, versus reacting to every mechanic as it occurs.

Clipse

also

Been leveling BRD recently after dropping it when HW launched and Minuet really isn't as terrible as I thought it would be. I really wish I hadn't wasted 6 weeks worth of Eso tomes on DRK, which I really don't enjoy playing anymore.

Bro, it still sucks. It's one of the most clunky class changing abilities I've ever seen in an mmo, yet rather than give you an option to still be competitive through changes to the base class, they force this shit on you and expect everyone to suddenly get gud and learn how to play their mobile ranged turned caster.

suzu

Yeah. I have more fun as summoner and being a bit less bad than I was at new-bard. Not that it really matters since I'm not raiding. lol

Valor

Bro, it still sucks. It's one of the most clunky class changing abilities I've ever seen in an mmo, yet rather than give you an option to still be competitive through changes to the base class, they force this shit on you and expect everyone to suddenly get gud and learn how to play their mobile ranged turned caster.

{class change}
Machinist_Icon_4.png

Jayhawk

{class change}
Machinist_Icon_4.png

Now I know what the Machinist icon looks like. This would have been helpful with the whiteboard diagrams I was drawing the other night for strategies with last phase of A3S to represent our Machinist. I'm going to guess it was Nin Py that was drawing the penises on the whiteboard.

scy

Okay okay, it sucks 13% less. That's still "sucks".

I MCH frequently on content I want to DPS on but don't want to SMN and it's really not that bad? Mobility woes are pretty much a non-issue. I stutter-step cast a lot and can bank mobility for what I know it coming up. It's a departure from old Bard gameplay pattern of not having to plan mobility or start-stop, yes, but the actual mobility concerns are pretty much not really a huge deal on MCH.

Honestly, I probably move just as much on MCH as I would on SMN.

Top Bottom