• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

WolvenOne

Agreed, the weapon itemization in Ravana is, weird. Even 180 weapons would be acceptable, then they'd at least be passable alternatives to the Asuran weapons (if you don't like their secondary stats or whatnot.) As is, they're weaker weapons than most players will need to clear Bismark.

PS: Still need like, four more totems to get my ugly Bismark Axe.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Are you not on GAF/Ultros?

Help night is on Fridays. Please find Felix Rivers in game as he usually organizes it and sets the Q. We can get you through both.
Nope I'm on Lamia, in a good guild, but a lot of its players are just now catching up and only a few are around where I'm at. Honestly I wouldn't mind as much if Rav Ex was just in DF as it's been easier in my experience to get people across different servers to stick together and attempt to clear where as PF's just bail.

IvorB

Well I'm glad that people think Ravana Ex is easier than Bis Ex. I managed to clear Bis Ex in PF without too much trouble but, I sh*t you not, I have been trying to read this guide for weeks now. Pretty much every time I find myself just stopping and doing something else. I've managed to read to the end now so I think I'll just jump in and learn on the job.

Guess Who

Banned
Bismarck is tremendously easier than Ravana. I don't even know how that's arguable. All Bismarck takes is decent DPS numbers (which can be brute-forced with gear to an extent) and tanks that can swap relatively seamlessly. And memorizing three weather changes, I guess.

Ravana is much more mechanically complex.

Sifl

Well I'm glad that people think Ravana Ex is easier than Bis Ex. I managed to clear Bis Ex in PF without too much trouble but, I sh*t you not, I have been trying to read this guide for weeks now. Pretty much every time I find myself just stopping and doing something else. I've managed to read to the end now so I think I'll just jump in and learn on the job.
Imo, everything seems more difficult then it actually is when you read it or watch someone else do it. It really is just better to get basic knowledge of it, just attempt it and try to remember what you read/watched as best as possible.

aceface

Since summer's over I'd like to start help night back up on Ultros again on Fridays. So, if anyone would like to do learning/clear parties of any ex primals or coil or even like A1S I'll be around to help (Tomo Takino in game) starting at 9:00 pm eastern tonight. o/

JudgeN

Agreed, the weapon itemization in Ravana is, weird. Even 180 weapons would be acceptable, then they'd at least be passable alternatives to the Asuran weapons (if you don't like their secondary stats or whatnot.) As is, they're weaker weapons than most players will need to clear Bismark.

PS: Still need like, four more totems to get my ugly Bismark Axe.

Na that wouldn't have matter because after bismark extreme you instantly go to Ravana and get a weapon with 2 more damage and thus is automatically better, secondary stats be damned next to main weapon damage.

Bismark extreme needs to be unlocked like right after bismark hard then you might be able to get a small bit of use out of the weapon by making it a lvl 58 weapon.

WolvenOne

Na that wouldn't have matter because after bismark extreme you instantly go to Ravana and get a weapon with 2 more damage and thus is automatically better, secondary stats be damned next to main weapon damage.

Bismark extreme needs to be unlocked like right after bismark hard then you might be able to get a small bit of use out of the weapon by making it a lvl 58 weapon.

You misunderstand. Basically, if they were 180 then at least they'd be useful during that gap in time between clearing Bismark and Ravana. Or, barring that, clearing Bismark and getting the Esoteric weapon.

It'd be a niche use mind you, but that'd be better than no use.

iammeiam

i180 or i190 rings from Bis would have made the most sense. The weapons could have lagged behind then, but right now there's only one ring at each iLevel so there's an opening it could have filled.

I hope we clear Alex Savage before Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out. Cuz I'm taking a long leave of absence from XIV then. Just thankful Zelda Wii U was moved to NX delayed and the gods had to intervene to thwart the release of FF XV this year.

aceface

I hope we clear Alex Savage before Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out. Cuz I'm taking a long leave of absence from XIV then. Just thankful Zelda Wii U was moved to NX delayed and the gods had to intervene to thwart the release of FF XV this year.

Persona 5 man. Persona 5.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff in the back part of the year that I really want to play, unlike last year.

WolvenOne

I'm gonna echo that i, REALLY hope to be done with Savage progression before the end of November. There are some other games I'd like to play on the side, so being able to log in for weekly clears and casual FFXIV for a month or two would be really nice.

WolvenOne

I was done with Savage progression when I uninstalled the game.

Quiet+you+how+i+feel+when+somebody+makes+a+negative_5d2a9d_3643592.jpg

Shush now.

Jayhawk

Since summer's over I'd like to start help night back up on Ultros again on Fridays. So, if anyone would like to do learning/clear parties of any ex primals or coil or even like A1S I'll be around to help (Tomo Takino in game) starting at 9:00 pm eastern tonight. o/

I am requesting an A4S carry from Tomo Takino.

Valor

I'm definitely down for more help nights now that we're a decent ways in. I'll start trying to free myself up for Fridays. I should probably get Sophie leveled or get a tank up on my main to full multiple roles. Sigh.

Sounds like you need a break sooner rather than later. The past few posts you seem like you're ready for a hiatus.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff in the back part of the year that I really want to play, unlike last year.
I definitely agree with this.

I'm gonna echo that i, REALLY hope to be done with Savage progression before the end of November. There are some other games I'd like to play on the side, so being able to log in for weekly clears and casual FFXIV for a month or two would be really nice.
It depends on how many days you raid, I suppose. Right now I'm kind of happy devoting two nights to raiding since it leaves me a lot of time for other games/stuff to do with a majority of my time.

I was done with Savage progression when I uninstalled the game.
Living the dream.

iammeiam

I am raiding five days straight this week. It seems excessive and will probably kill me. But I think after this things drop down to a saner level. And I'll get Fridays back for freedom maybe. If I don't die.

I'm also at this point convinced A3S is perfectly tuned for where they wanted us to be gear-wise for a clear (adds are SO MUCH EASIER now), but they undertuned 1 and 2. 2 and 1 should have flipped and Oppressor and Faust should have targeted ~i195-200 since A3S seems to target 200-205 for the 'average' raid group. The mistake was making 1 and 2 relatively easy to breeze through and then making 3 what it is. It's jarring.

WolvenOne

It depends on how many days you raid, I suppose. Right now I'm kind of happy devoting two nights to raiding since it leaves me a lot of time for other games/stuff to do with a majority of my time.

Last few weeks I haven't been raiding much, between scheduling issues and peeps being on vacation. Before that though we were going three, sometimes four nights a week.

Wanna get back to something like that before too much longer. I want to make a push to clear A3S before 3.1.

RPGCrazied

Thanks Sors Mors. I think that is your name. You helped me with Guarda fight. After I failed in duty finder, after waiting 30 minutes to get in, tanking not knowing what to do, and waiting another 30 minutes for another tank that didn't show.

Finally get some of the sexy Dragoon class armor, just missing chest now. Can't get that until 50. Looking good though!

ffxiv_09112015_210439.png

Omni

dat feel when dps can't keep up in Alex 1 (normal)

Probably could have pushed a little more out as a healer but eh. We were going nowhere anyway.

BadRNG

Curious. Why do I have more health and MP in dungeons then when I'm not??
Group bonus. Depending on what classes are in your group, you get a bonus to a specific statistic. Tanks give VIT, SCH/AST give Piety, WHM MND, and the rest their main damage stat.

You can see what bonuses are active under the party window (used to be in the party list, but got moved for the TP addition and PS3 limitations)

Ok, I hate end game in mmos, played wow for 11 years didn't do much end game raiding. Came to FFXIV in Jan and I have a lvl 60 white mage so far. I have EVERY other job at 30 so far. I've finished EVERY quest at 30 and below so far, there aren't many side quests left at 30-60 so how the f do I level ? I'm on a high pop realm, excalibur. I've been doing dungeons\trials daily for the XP boost and I love doing LEVES I had 99 allowances but went through ALL of them today so I can't even do leves anymore. Dungeons are crap XP besides the 1 day, so I thought I'd do fates to level but even on my high pop realm most of the time I'm the only person doing fates and a lot of them can't be soloed.

Top Bottom