• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Tabris

If Exploratory Missions are actually good content, I have a feeling it'll break up the large FCs.

EDIT - Maybe not. You can participate as a random party / solo via Holy See of Ishgard or you can go as an Alliance with your airship? To the same island?

I have a feeling it'll be like hunts.

I bought Destiny Legendary Edition to pass the time. There's also MGO3, Tales of Zestiria and a whole bunch of stuff to play before the patch hits.

It sucks but like someone said before when you've done all the latest content it's a good idea to not make the game your main source of entertainment and try to spread your focus around so you're not paying attention to the lack of content to do.

Xux

NMs? Well, that content's ruined.

Unless it's like hunts where it's more about contribution than lucking out on a claim.

Wilsongt

Oh look, new crafted items which will require super rare mats like the Thavnarian set or the company tabards that not everyone will have access to.

Tabris

So 3.1 will introduce Hunt spam / random drop gear that will be the same level as A4S gear.

What is SE thinking? This is like taking the bad parts of FFXI.

Xux

Oh, RTS.

I guess this patch is 1/3 for me so far.

Oh, jeeze, if this played like FFT, I'd be all the fuck over it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm into it.

It might not be bad, I mean, it's basically what I do in Diablo. Kill stuff until my BiS hopefully drops with random stats.

I'm just interested to see how they might implement it, and what it'll actually play out like.

iammeiam

Not sure how to feel about this.

I'm pretty amused honestly. It's going to make min/maxers go insane trying to get the right drop, it's going to make devoted glamour fans go insane trying to get the right drop... but it'll kill a ton of time at least?

It actually might be a smart catchup route for A3S too since left side upgrades all locked behind it, if they're trying to not stick twine in Void Ark right away.

But mostly just... lol.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Gotta hand it to them at least, I didn't expect it. How much would that suck to finally get some Savage drop you wanted only to get an Aetherial that's better but looks awful? lol

I imagine the Aetherial gear will still be glamourable? Maybe not. Need more details!

Tabris

So there's 3 possibilities:

1) It's instanced content and the degree of gear you get depends on your airship, with the Holy Ishgard airship being bare minimum. If this is the case, better be prepared for small and large FCs to disappear / break apart.

2) It's open to anyone and it's claim system. i.e. Our FC can claim over another. Get ready for FC drama.

3) It's open to anyone and it's tag system. i.e. Prepare for hunt drama.

Tabris

Man why are they wasting so much development on shit like this bad pokemon mini game instead of creating good PVE content.

I'm so jaded right now about these developers.

Allard

1) It's instanced content and the degree of gear you get depends on your airship, with the Holy Ishgard airship being bare minimum. If this is the case, better be prepared for small and large FCs to disappear / break apart.

2) It's open to anyone and it's claim system. i.e. Our FC can claim over another. Get ready for FC drama.

Or 4 its like FATE meets Walk of Echoes and anyone who participates in the kill gets a shot at a drop, with higher amount of points a more likely chance at a drop.

Tabris

Or 4 its like FATE meets Walk of Echoes and anyone who participates in the kill gets a shot at a drop, with higher amount of points a more likely chance at a drop.

That's the same thing as hunts. Anyone who participates in the kill gets some seals. Those who "participate more" get more seals up to max tier.

Xux

I'm guessing one and three since the airship probably effects it somehow like cheaper deployment or time or something. The fact that they didn't mention entry requirements is kinda baffling.

It's probably not number two 'cause the developers seem to have too much intelligence and self respect to implement a claim system.
Man why are they wasting so much development on shit like this bad pokemon mini game instead of creating good PVE content.

I'm so jaded right now about these developers.
This seems kinda cheap to develop. RTS is a garbage genre that any developer can shit out in a weekend and this doesn't seem to use any new assets aside from the arena which is pretty barebones.

Top Bottom