• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm with you, I don't really see the harm. One patch cycle is plenty of time for people to feel like special snowflakes with raid gear, making it easier after that has always been their goal. Even without a weekly lockout (which the point system very well could end up having?) this sounds like it could be a massive RNG thing, and if someone wants to grind all day for that then more power to them.

Vague promises are the best promises! I might have to actually level NIN if they get it to work. The job is so fun but a bad night of mudra (or for many, WTFast) and it's incredibly frustrating to play.

At least you live on the same continent as the servers, stop complaining!

Allard

Wow that is a long wait for the first patch. I hope this won't be a regular thing and it will go back to more frequent updates after 3.1

Yeah as was said earlier they said they let some of the dev team have some vacation time after the release which lead to the schedule stretching a bit, I'm guessing this new exploratory content is also probably a big QA spot as well since its the first time they have done such content since Skirmish in 1.0 (which had significantly less people who could participate). I'm guessing (Hoping) this was just a one time issue outside of what will likely be the next drought leading up to the next expansion release. Having said that they can't do that again, at least not till they have gotten out 'all' the item lvls content. This tier is already too long as is and to have most of the gap filling content not happening for almost 5 months isn't acceptable especially with how paltry the end game content was, don't stretch the ilvl for a tier by 30 lvls unless you have the content to fill those gaps in a timely fashion.

ThinFinn

It's alright, guys! At least the game's still pretty!

Iw5cq4x.jpg

I'm actually alright with what they've announced.

Only disappointment for me was the release date.

WolvenOne

Probably a one time event and all that. Understandable enough, though it makes me wish that SE had allotted enough of a budget that they could let have time off in cycles without dramatically delaying content.

Ultimately I won't care much so long as there's sufficient content in 3.1, can always put this game on the back burner and poke at my backlog a bit.

Teknoman

Probably a one time event and all that. Understandable enough, though it makes me wish that SE had allotted enough of a budget that they could let have time off in cycles without dramatically delaying content.

Ultimately I won't care much so long as there's sufficient content in 3.1, can always put this game on the back burner and poke at my backlog a bit.

That's what i'm doing atm. Although I'm still hyped about minion battles and airship exploration if only for the idea of it.

WolvenOne

Oh, the new content sounds very nice. Add a few trials of various difficulty and Hildibrand info the mix, and they have a real winner here I think.

Yes I know more Hildi isn't confirmed. I'm just crossing my fingers is all.

aceface

Missed this last night, found a video here Of Void Ark and Island Exploration stuff they showed.

Island exploration stuff has the potential to be really cool. Looks like whole new field areas to explore that they could gate via ilevel so that they really could make exploration dangerous without worrying about new players getting slaughtered. Plus there are something like, what 23(?) islands on the sky chart so that could potentially be a lot of content. I was worried about randomly generated areas, but it looks like they are actually building new maps you can explore with other players once the airship drops you off there. I could see how that would take them awhile to build.

Early Nov. date is really disheartening though :( Game is in a worse spot for endgame now than any time since 2.0. They have to be bleeding subscribers which you think the devs would be worried about?? Devs are no longer allowed to go on vacation.

Pyramidbread

Neo Member
Disappointed with the wait, but it's understandable, hopefully they take note and don't do the same with 4.0. Hopefully the game will pick up lost subs when they get back into the routine. November isn't the best time for a patch, but generally, anytime in Q4 is a bad time, lol.

AwShucks

Took some advice from here and just did story quests last night. Managed to do 8 of them in an hour. Only for more starting city quests!

Scher

the current state of EXDR:

YOU | 1357
MCH | 525
WAR | 296
WHM | 69

60% DPS contribution

H E L P M E

The past two EXDRs I did, I was out DPSing one of the DPS (A SMN the first time and a BRD the second time). Even better, the tank also out DPSed the BRD on he last boss of Neverreap. I guess it's a good thing that I have a friend to queue with so he can carry the DPS!

Jeels

Considering I've lost my ps4 for a few weeks and there are a bunch of games I want to play over the next few months, I'm fine taking a break. I will say I've kind of stopped being interested in the daily eso grind...I wish there were enough content that I wouldn't have to play the same two dungeons every day...

Hopefully a couple of weeks off will get me back in the groove.

Pachimari

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3bheg1/guide_to_catching_up_to_patch_30_heavensward/

Correct. I tend to see "main story/scenario quests" be abbreviated as MSQ.

On PS4 you tap the touch pad to click. At least I'm pretty sure as I was just doing it to move around my UI elements.

Wow, thank you so much! I'm gonna try this out.

Plug in a mouse.
This made me laugh. :)

And finally I found out how to register my security token! Hopefully I'll get the free destination syncs in-game.
And with 3.1 dropping in November, that gives me some time to complete at least A Realm Reborn, and hopefully Heavensward as well.

By the way, is there any way to make the launcher remember my password as well? If not, then I'll just change my password to something shorter.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
3.1 dropping in November makes me wonder if 3.2 will still follow the ~3 months timeline.
Also really digging the Void Ark gear designs.

Woah, also just found out, that I can buy in-game items on the website. Are all of these attainable in-game?
None of them are attainable now - the seasonal clothes are the closest to attainable, you can get them by participating in seasonal events, if you miss the event then you can go purchase them from the website.

By the way, is there any way to make the launcher remember my password as well? If not, then I'll just change my password to something shorter.
Nope, every time you launch the game you must put in your password and security code. It's a security measure because lots of people's accounts have been getting hacked, then turned into spam-bots.

Pachimari

None of them are attainable now - the seasonal clothes are the closest to attainable, you can get them by participating in seasonal events, if you miss the event then you can go purchase them from the website.

At least, that's a nice option, to let me buy items if I miss them from time-restrained events. :)

Nope, every time you launch the game you must put in your password and security code. It's a security measure because lots of people's accounts have been getting hacked, then turned into spam-bots.
Is it possible to change my password then?
I'm looking all over account management but I can't seem to find anything else but my general information.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
3.1 dropping in November makes me wonder if 3.2 will still follow the ~3 months timeline.
Also really digging the Void Ark gear designs.

For real? They look like a mix of Law gear and WoD gear. They're pretty generic.

Caster set is okay though.

Xux

Does anyone know where I can find people to help me with the game?
Like, questions? You can ask here.

If you mean help completing things in game, what server? There might be someone here otherwise you'd have to find a community somewhere.

Ken

For real? They look like a mix of Law gear and WoD gear. They're pretty generic.

Caster set is okay though.

Tattered, black leather and skirts for everyone and everything. They really need to just make their 24-man gear have priority as glamour pieces and then maybe they'd try designing some unique stuff.

Anyways, most looking forward to more 24-man things to do in 3.1 with the FC, if we even still have that many people subbed come November!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Tattered, black leather and skirts for everyone and everything. They really need to just make their 24-man gear have priority as glamour pieces and then maybe they'd try designing some unique stuff.

Anyways, most looking forward to more 24-man things to do in 3.1 with the FC, if we even still have that many people subbed come November!
I would love to see the reverse of robes and skirts for everyone and get my hands on some heavy caster armor for once. It'd be so cool.

WolvenOne

So, uh, where do the Moogle Mail quests, and how long do they take? Its time to go through some of the side stuff I never got around to doing during 2.X

PS: I think we can dismiss the notions of yearly expansions for the immediate future. I know that 3.1 has some unique circumstances behind it, buuuuut, it's hard for me to see them getting the 3.X story done by next June at this rate.

December 2016, maaaaybe.

Top Bottom