• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Croyles

I got my tattoo.

AsYhbgQ.png

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So, uh, where do the Moogle Mail quests, and how long do they take? Its time to go through some of the side stuff I never got around to doing during 2.X

PS: I think we can dismiss the notions of yearly expansions for the immediate future. I know that 3.1 has some unique circumstances behind it, buuuuut, it's hard for me to see them getting the 3.X story done by next June at this rate.

December 2016, maaaaybe.
Mor Dhona to start the chain then Limsa Lominsa. There's at least one that requires you to do a sidequest first in C Shroud so if you get stuck and cant proceed try checking C Shroud (on the top of the stairs/dead log north west of the aetheryte leading to Haukke).

You can probably do them all in a day if you skip the text, but I highly recommend you at least pay attention to the quest directly tied to the Deputy Poostmoogle.

Killthee

Some more airship exploration info in the reddit translation doc.
FC Airship Exploration
  • Explore islands teeming with monsters.
  • Idea is to team up with people and just kill as many enemies as possible (Dynamis Hai). Up to 24 people.
  • You may run into other Alliances on the islands, it is not instanced to every individual alliance.
  • People without a FC can still participate using the airships ion Ishgard. Can be used to queue in solo or form a party beforehand.
  • Video being shown. BGM will be different.
  • GIANT ENEMY CRAB!
  • Can fly between islands still.
  • FC Airships do get some sort of exclusive advantage.
  • Islands take place primarily along Abalathia’s Spine.
  • Upper - Middle - Lower layers of floating islands.
  • There are rare gathering nodes on the islands.
  • You will need to unlock flying again on the first layer.
  • Apparently you’ll be done with it in like 10 minutes. Its really fast. Lore reasons OP.​
  • No quests involved for unlocking flying.
  • BATTLE POWERFUL MONSTERS! BIG RIGS!
  • Level 80-90
  • Weakest enemies in the zone will be = A rank hunts.​
  • NM/HNMs, meaning small bosses and larger super bosses.
  • NM = Notorious Monster, a stronger-than-normal open world boss.​
  • HNM = Hyper Notorious Monster, a powerful superboss.​
  • Can change jobs on islands freely.
  • Gear available from the island materials being shown.
  • The monsters are so strong that you can spiritbond i180+ gear (?).
  • Items will drop in chests of three types: Bronze, Silver & Gold
  • Items up to i210. Drops from Gold Chests
  • Unwanted items can be traded in for points.​
  • Glamour armor.​
  • Even Bronze chests will reward decent items.​
  • Chests that drop will be somewhat random.
  • Stats may also be random due to the fact it is Aetherial Grade gear and rolls the stats randomly.
  • These are all good things...bad things will happen also.
  • Points can be exchanged for gear/items.
  • Appearance of the gear will be random as well, so you may find gear that resembles old gear sets like High Allagan with different colors.
  • The look of the gear and its strength are not synchronized, so you may have shitty looking gear that has amazing stats.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DYMVg4xxRenKKAXuaitm4_Pyg6LsEleyLJsqExtiXl8/preview

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Does anyone have any good links for what I should do once I hit 60? I should hit it at some stage today (a few hours I guess).

Killthee

Does anyone have any good links for what I should do once I hit 60? I should hit it at some stage today (a few hours I guess).
There's not a lot of lv 60 content to be honest.

Do the quest to unlock the weekly B hunt poster.
Finish up the main story by clearing the story dungeon and trial.
Unlock the 2 EXDR dungeons (Neverreap and Fractal)
Gear up on some law and esoteric gear.
Do Bismark Extreme and then Ravana Extreme.
Once you hit ilv 170 you can queue up for Alex Normal.
Complete Alex Normal and you unlock access to Alex Savage, you'll need to gear up and find a static before tackling this.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Heavensward_Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I wonder if Tits Blade and Soul will steal any of the subscriber base late October/early November. Blade and Soul releases October 30th and the next content patch for FFXIV isn't releasing until early November.

Isaccard

Do we know if Void Ark gear will better better or equal to Alex normal gear? If so I can effectively stop logging in until the Halloween event and then whenever the patch hits.

I'm wondering if all the strong mael players are gonna take a break, could be a good time to que into front lines for some face rolls wins actually...

SkyOdin

Do we know if Void Ark gear will better better or equal to Alex normal gear? If so I can effectively stop logging in until the Halloween event and then whenever the patch hits.

I'm wondering if all the strong mael players are gonna take a break, could be a good time to que into front lines for some face rolls wins actually...
I am willing to bet that Void Ark gear will be item level 200 gear, equivalent to un-upgraded Esoterics gear. That would fit the pattern from Syrcus Tower and World of Darkness. 3.1 will also likely include the unlocking of Alex Normal loot, and the addition of a new way to get Esoterics upgrade items (likely in Void Ark itself). This will make it generally easier to get higher level loot, but not raise the max item level of the game.

Sorian

Banned
I wonder if Tits Blade and Soul will steal any of the subscriber base late October/early November. Blade and Soul releases October 30th and the next content patch for FFXIV isn't releasing until early November.

I'll be trying out Tits and Ass Blade and Soul to no one's surprise I'm sure.

Xux

So, I guess the reason for two dungeons is that that team is doing a hard mode zone for airship exploration instead of a third hard mode dungeon. Maybe we'll have Churning Mists and Azys Lla themed areas in the future? And also Sohm Al and The Aery maybe if they do it every patch.

Killthee

So, I guess the reason for two dungeons is that that team is doing a hard mode zone for airship exploration instead of a third hard mode dungeon. Maybe we'll have Churning Mists and Azys Lla themed areas in the future? And also Sohm Al and The Aery maybe if they do it every patch.
Wouldn't be surprised to see them alternate between ventures and exploration in every major patch. Something like Churning Mist ventures in 3.2 and exploration in 3.3 then Azys Lla ventures in 3.4 with exploration in 3.5. The current venture map interface even has what looks like other maps in the background and names the current islands "Sea of Clouds - Sector #" leaving the door open for future islands to use the same naming scheme in another zone.

oYnZQQh.png

Sifl

How much is too much in terms of spending money for glamour purposes? I don't really have easy ways of getting more.

I know I pop in here now and then to complain about something and I apologize for that but I gotta vent
Square enix customer support can go fuck themselves forever
They take one or two days to respond to every step of your multi step verification problem and then they give you the wrong information, proclaim the problem solved and stop responding to your increasingly frenzied communiques. you then must create a new ticket and pray that they wont fuck it up this time. Maybe this will finally be resolved a week after I sent the first email if I'm lucky.
Had the same exact verification problem with guild wars 2, except they fixed it for me in only 2 days
Try online chat support with them, fixed the login problem I had in about 10 minutes doing that.
Didn't know they had that

I'm level 50 fishing, about to hit 51 just by grinding. Does my gear stats effect collectability stats? I need 106+ rated Icepicks and the 20+ Icepicks I've caught are all rated 50-90 making none of them able to be turned in.

I'm level 50 fishing, about to hit 51 just by grinding. Does my gear stats effect collectability stats? I need 106+ rated Icepicks and the 20+ Icepicks I've caught are all rated 50-90 making none of them able to be turned in.

perception affects collecatbility. if you have the af gear you should be fine for the the set of collectabiles

perception affects collecatbility. if you have the af gear you should be fine for the the set of collectabiles

Besides my fishing rod all my gear is lvl 1 with no stats, right after this post I finally caught a 108 fish, lol. Is there a NPC that sells fishing gear? Sorry I'm a new player and poor

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'm just glad they made the enemies really strong, and I'm equally glad that they aren't instanced. I just hope people don't just try to team up all the time and zerg the hell out of things.

If rewards are contested it'd discourage teaming up.

Munba

About Airship Expeditionary, the only thing i don't get is if there is a limit of alliances in every istance or not. Hope it's not totally open-world if not it'll become a zerg feast.. the only fear i have about it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
About Airship Expeditionary, the only thing i don't get is if there is a limit of alliances in every istance or not. Hope it's not totally open-world if not it'll become a zerg feast.. the only fear i have about it.

O0mnOa2.png

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hit 60 on my monk, First char in FF14, Figured I would check out the rotation for end game play.

.. Backs away slowly from FF14

Valnen

Hit 60 on my monk, First char in FF14, Figured I would check out the rotation for end game play.

.. Backs away slowly from FF14

One thing to keep in mind about monk is that it's more of a priority system than a rotation. It seems intimidating at first, but if you practice a bit on a dummy learning one thing at a time about it, you'll get it down.

Critical Elk

Neo Member
Besides my fishing rod all my gear is lvl 1 with no stats, right after this post I finally caught a 108 fish, lol. Is there a NPC that sells fishing gear? Sorry I'm a new player and poor

There should be an npc at camp bluefog or the ceruleum processing plant that sells mid 40's level gear. Then the next npc set is the lvl 55 set in moghome. At 58 you can get the blue scrip set which is free, but you'll probably need the level 55 set to collect blue scrips.

suzu

You should have at least a few pieces of gear from doing the class quests. lol

Raijinken

Are there any images of 3.1 gear floating around? I can't find anything other than a google document listing numerous things that will be implemented for the upcoming patch.

Top Bottom