• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Frumix

Suffering From Success
No. At 60 you are basically face rolling through phases if most of the people know what they are doing

To new players on GAF/Ultros, help night is typically Friday nights. Doing early coil turns is fun and normally easy to get a group for. Please sign up on the guildworks site or bother felix rivers in game.

Doth not compute

WolvenOne

Hardest turns in Coil at ilvl 60 are probably, 9, 11, and 13, in that order. 11 and 9 have mechanics that simply kill you outright, so the extra vit and armor defense don't help AS much. T13's wipe mechanics, (outside of dive bombs,) mainly relied on really high damage, so a lot of the wipe mechanics can simply be healed through now.

Probably the hardest thing about T13, is going in without a full party kinda screws up the mechanics in the last phase a bit.

Wazzy

Banned
I really want to try coil. I've just recently beat MogEx(honestly not as hard as I thought it would be) which all came down to people listening and following mechanics. I'm hoping to finish Ramuh and Shiva soon too.

Also almost 55! I just started properly levelling about 4 days ago.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
No. At 60 you are basically face rolling through phases if most of the people know what they are doing

To new players on GAF/Ultros, help night is typically Friday nights. Doing early coil turns is fun and normally easy to get a group for. Please sign up on the guildworks site or bother felix rivers in game.

Thanks. I need to get around to check the GAF guild site. I'll have to sign on for an upcoming Friday.

Squishy3

lol I never got the whole toon thing.
it originated from toontown, where characters were called toons. it just ended up catching on for whatever reason as it was among the last mmos released before wow came out (lineage 2 and city of heroes being the others)

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
You know, if people get too bored they could always pay Lalafells to engage in gladitorial combat.

Like so

Can I have a cut of the proceeds?
I rather become a furry,or Ogre or a lizard hybrid over becoming a midget and get into fisticuffs.

Teknoman

it originated from toontown, where characters were called toons. it just ended up catching on for whatever reason as it was among the last mmos released before wow came out (lineage 2 and city of heroes being the others)

Really? I always sorta assumed it was an Everquest or Asheron's Call sorta thing, and never looked into it after that. Didn't think that Toontown would have caught on that big either lol.

I said I'd never play another subscription MMO again but when I saw it was $15 with a free month, I bought it.

Really liking it so far. Just did my first run through Sastasha and unlocked Tam-Tara. I'll probably stick with rogue for now. Might switch back to archer later. We'll see.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I said I'd never play another subscription MMO again but when I saw it was $15 with a free month, I bought it.

Really liking it so far. Just did my first run through Sastasha and unlocked Tam-Tara. I'll probably stick with rogue for now. Might switch back to archer later. We'll see.

What server are you on?

AwShucks

Hey you're pretty close to me! I'm about...10 story quests ahead of that I think. What server and time zone are you in?

What server are you on?
Hey you're pretty close to me! I'm about...10 story quests ahead of that I think. What server and time zone are you in?

Well, I would be able to tell you guys if my modem ever decided to STOP RANDOMLY SHITTING ITSELF.

I got to the boss of Tam-Tara and I DC because my modem decided it likes to randomly reset itself multiple times a day. I'm so goddamn pissed right now.

I'll eventually pop back in this thread. Definitely going to keep playing but done for today. I need to go for a walk hahahaha.

Trojita

Well, I would be able to tell you guys if my modem ever decided to STOP RANDOMLY SHITTING ITSELF.

I got to the boss of Tam-Tara and I DC because my modem decided it likes to randomly reset itself multiple times a day. I'm so goddamn pissed right now.

I'll eventually pop back in this thread. Definitely going to keep playing but done for today. I need to go for a walk hahahaha.

Just wanted to mention in case you missed it that most of GAF is on the Ultros server.

WolvenOne

C6XeDAi.jpg

This somehow looks really important to me, shame it's out of bounds.

Squishy3

This somehow looks really important to me, shame it's out of bounds.
Is that in Sea of Clouds? There's some interesting stuff in there that's just relegated to terrain that actually carries significant weight.

Like the egg that Nidhogg hatched out of is there, or at least, I'm pretty sure a round object at a landmark called "The Nidifice" is the egg that Nidhogg hatched out of.

WolvenOne

Is that in Sea of Clouds? There's some interesting stuff in there that's just relegated to terrain that actually carries significant weight.

Like the egg that Nidhogg hatched out of is there, or at least, I'm pretty sure a round object at a landmark called "The Nidifice" is the egg that Nidhogg hatched out of.

Yea, sea of Clouds area. I was just going to gathering when I noticed it. It was so big that I figured it was just a land-mass in the area that I overlooked, then I realized it was out of bounds.

It really does look like it has some sort of lore importance.

Sky morbols!!!!

.....Sky Morbols?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
That cluster of islands in SoC has always been on the nose, one of the pre-release trailers that shows off the open zones ends with the character flying towards it, so I was surprised when in the final game it was just a decoration.

Re: Coil, 5 is a total joke. You can take the fireball alone, you don't have to dodge divebombs, you don't have to stand in the neurolinks, Twin doesn't get to cast more than one twister with a full party and with some timing luck you can possibly force her through phase 4 entirely.
The faceroll ends with 9-13.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Yea, sea of Clouds area. I was just going to gathering when I noticed it. It was so big that I figured it was just a land-mass in the area that I overlooked, then I realized it was out of bounds.

It really does look like it has some sort of lore importance.
The Vanu Vanu banners make me think it'll be tied into their dailies either by adding the island to the map or by making it some place you travel to like that one section in the Kobold mines or the Sahagin islands.

WolvenOne

New Duty Commenced is going on right now BTW. Just an english recap of TGS stuff though.

Edit: They did just confirm that Sky Island Exploration isn't strictly limited to people in your own FC, only the party leader needs to be an FC member.

Sifl

Bleh, saw a Rav Ex farm group decided to join. Took like 30 mins to get more ppl, when we get in find out 2/3 ppl who started the group (1 tank, 1 healer)and the other healer that joined lied and didn't clear yet. So a total of 1 hour 30 mins wasted.

Teknoman

Bleh, saw a Rav Ex farm group decided to join. Took like 30 mins to get more ppl, when we get in find out 2/3 ppl who started the group (1 tank, 1 healer)and the other healer that joined lied and didn't clear yet. So a total of 1 hour 30 mins wasted.

I'm always one for people to just learn from scratch instead of watching videos...but why would create a farm party where the expectation is that people already have a good grasp on the battle ( i.e. farm)? That's just killing your server credibility...

Sifl

I'm always one for people to just learn from scratch instead of watching videos...but why would create a farm party where the expectation is that people already have a good grasp on the battle ( i.e. farm)? That's just killing your server credibility...
I don't mind doing Rav or Bis ex with new people, just wasn't expecting it. They basically said there's never any learning parties anymore so they lied to get ppl to join, which I actually understand. There's usually not much going on in my server.

AwShucks

If anyone needs Heavensward, PS4 and PC is $20 + tax at Best Buy today ($16 + tax with GCU)

PS4
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/final-f...on-4/1206718.p?id=1219479642342&skuId=1206718

PC
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/final-f...dows/1118296.p?id=1219470065279&skuId=1118296

EDIT: I was literally just looking at prices yesterday. I was going to wait to pick it up (Black Friday or something) but this was too good to bother waiting. I'm enjoying the main game well enough and I only hear good things about Heavensward, plus the Level 50+ experience during the patch content!

Teknoman

I don't mind doing Rav or Bis ex with new people, just wasn't expecting it. They basically said there's never any learning parties anymore so they lied to get ppl to join, which I actually understand. There's usually not much going on in my server.

Well in that case still good on you for hanging around, but now I feel bad for them. Is it just that theres a huge gap between low levels and high levels already done with 3.0 stuff? Or just low pop in general?

Omni

I was levelling up my Bard and found myself in a dungeon with another one. Anyway, I noticed that they were doing things like using Rain of Death on single enemies instead of Bloodletter and they were completely ignoring WM (which I'm under the assumption is a straight dps increase in most circumstances). I asked them why they were doing what they were doing and then they started raging in chat

Some people don't like to be questioned, huh?

WolvenOne

I definitely feel bad for people stuck on extreme Primals. I've been there myself, and not only is it frustrating, but it starts affecting your confidence and such after awhile.

I'm usually willing to help for this purpose, so long as I'm not in the middle of something pressing. I still don't appreciate people lying to get into groups tho.

Critical Elk

Neo Member
Kind of sounds like the general GAF farm approach to everything ever forever tho.

I did t8s with a bunch of derps and no voice chat. There were four new people who did not know the fight at all, I think. We cleared in less than 45 minutes. As long as you have one tank who can hold aggro, one healer that has seen some things, and a handful of dps that can press buttons, all level 50 content is mostly jokes.

All the wipes were to ballistic missle; nothing has changed. We have not learned anything.

I also had a t13 in the pf'er that ended with at least 13 deaths. Granted we would have definitely wiped had the other healer not been on top of things, but a level 60 back is pretty strong.

Sifl

Well in that case still good on you for hanging around, but now I feel bad for them. Is it just that theres a huge gap between low levels and high levels already done with 3.0 stuff? Or just low pop in general?
There's low pop and a lot of people are stuck on Bis Ex. Plus a lot of people who have completed / can help them don't run it anymore. I join when I have nothing to do and try to help out, and hopefully get some Eso so I can run Neverreap 1 less time. There was actually a blm I commonly see in Bis ex in this "farm" party.

Trojita

If anyone needs Heavensward, PS4 and PC is $20 + tax at Best Buy today ($16 + tax with GCU)

PS4
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/final-f...on-4/1206718.p?id=1219479642342&skuId=1206718

PC
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/final-f...dows/1118296.p?id=1219470065279&skuId=1118296

EDIT: I was literally just looking at prices yesterday. I was going to wait to pick it up (Black Friday or something) but this was too good to bother waiting. I'm enjoying the main game well enough and I only hear good things about Heavensward, plus the Level 50+ experience during the patch content!

Amazon pricematched too.

FireVoa

Got a question that hopefully someone here will be able to answer. I used to play ARR on PC but that was more than a year ago. Recently though, I've had an itch to come back and play Heavensward and wondered if I bought a copy of the expac on PS4 would I be able to play my account without any issues? Also, do I need to purchase the ARR for PS4 as well?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Got a question that hopefully someone here will be able to answer. I used to play ARR on PC but that was more than a year ago. Recently though, I've had an itch to come back and play Heavensward and wondered if I bought a copy of the expac on PS4 would I be able to play my account without any issues? Also, do I need to purchase the ARR for PS4 as well?

You would need to buy ARR on the PS4 as well. You can use the same account across PC/PS4, but the software itself does not transfer over between platforms.

Fauve

To play HW on the PS4, you need the base game (on PS4) before getting the expansion. The account is shared between consoles so you can flip-flop between PC and PS4.

FireVoa

Yeah I thought as much but just wanted to double check before committing and purchasing the standalone expac and finding out I needed the original game as well (adding to total cost). Thanks for confirmation guys.

Top Bottom