• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Nasser

What I'm saying is the new password you're trying to use doesn't meet the requirements for a password is what I gather from the error message you're receiving.

yeah thats what i thought at first, but the thing is the error message i'm receiving is on the OTP space. I tried leaving it blank, but i still got the error message.

TOY127D.png

Teknoman

That's strange...the one time password thing is supposed to be connected to the authenticator. If you don't have one, you shouldn't have to enter anything.

Nasser

That's strange...the one time password thing is supposed to be connected to the authenticator. If you don't have one, you shouldn't have to enter anything.

yeah that's what i thought. I guess I'd have to wait and contact the support center tomorrow. Dammit, I really wanted to play tonight :\

Omni

What's the fastest way to level up a secondary character from 50-60?

My White Mage went rather quickly because of short dungeon queue times and MSQ experience. However my Bard is taking forever and I feel stuck at level 56...

Nasser

My White Mage went rather quickly because of short dungeon queue times and MSQ experience. However my Bard is taking forever and I feel stuck at level 56...

I think the best way imo is to play the dungeons multiple times. Leveling from 56 to 58 feels slow but after that it'll go up fast.

Sifl

I'd say FATE's. Only thing I did was my daily trials from 50-60. I had a lot of free time last weekend and I got my Monk from 57-60 in about 5-6 hours, there was a really good group in the Hinterlands.

AwShucks

Battle Chocobo as a level 30 BLM, worth it? I have not been having any trouble with the story but I am thinking in case I'm in a jam it would be good. Also, what setup, tank, healer?

SkyOdin

Battle Chocobo as a level 30 BLM, worth it? I have not been having any trouble with the story but I am thinking in case I'm in a jam it would be good. Also, what setup, tank, healer?

Battle Chocobos are always helpful to have for anything outside of dungeons. A healer chocobo is always good insurance to have during a tougher FATE or a hunt, while DPS chocobos just making killing things go faster. Sadly, tank chocobos stop being very useful once you hit level 50, because their aggro gain doesn't scale well. DPS, healer, or a mix of the two paths is the easiest recommendation to make.

Jaeyden

As I stated in the post you actually quoted originally, the NA and EU servers are both in the same place (Montreal) and the GAF guild has loads of people online at all times.

Yeah, but the EU server migration is happening in like the next 3-4 weeks.

Omni

I think the best way imo is to play the dungeons multiple times. Leveling from 56 to 58 feels slow but after that it'll go up fast.

I'd say FATE's. Only thing I did was my daily trials from 50-60. I had a lot of free time last weekend and I got my Monk from 57-60 in about 5-6 hours, there was a really good group in the Hinterlands.
Hmm, thanks. I attempted to do some fates in Dravania but I haven't unlocked flying there yet so it was a bit of a hassle. Will keep trying with dungeons in the meantime I think

Stupid aether currents are just so boring to collect.

I gotta say I'm finally playing through the Heavensward story after taking an extended break for various reasons, as much as I love the game I hate the 55-56 level grind only to do like 5 quests then have to grind again for 57. That's just dumb...

SkyOdin

I gotta say I'm finally playing through the Heavensward story after taking an extended break for various reasons, as much as I love the game I hate the 55-56 level grind only to do like 5 quests then have to grind again for 57. That's just dumb...

Yeah, it is frustrating. Thankfully, the wait for level 57 is worth it, but there definitely could have been more content to flesh out that level range. There is a pretty decent number of sidequests in the level range at least, if I recall correctly, but only if you are up to date on previous side-quests.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I wonder if SE will do anything else to address crafting. Popped by the major areas on my server where people would normally craft and it's completely dead. High end omnicrafters I knew from ARR have capped the jobs but switched to combat or haven't been on in weeks / months. Is SE in Working as Intended Mode? Would they have to fundamentally rework crafting to get people interested in it again? As it stands now, it looks like the community has thrown in the towel on crafting, at least if my server is anything to go by.

WolvenOne

Alas, I get the impression that most crafters don't want to deal with a constant grind. As such, I'm not sure there's a way to fix the red-scrip system. You could make it an easier grind by increasing the amount of scrips awarded per turn-in, but I just don't think that'll get a lot of crafters back into the game.

On another topic, I'm trying to figure out what my Warriors DPS ceiling is, so I can figure out both ways and how much I could improve my DPS output.

Given my equipment and stats, which can be found HERE. Roughly how high should my ceiling be? On a striking dummy of course.
PS: After I get off work I'm finally going to switch my bonus stats from pure Vit to 50/50 Vit/Str.

Alas, I get the impression that most crafters don't want to deal with a constant grind. As such, I'm not sure there's a way to fix the red-scrip system. You could make it an easier grind by increasing the amount of scrips awarded per turn-in, but I just don't think that'll get a lot of crafters back into the game.

On another topic, I'm trying to figure out what my Warriors DPS ceiling is, so I can figure out both ways and how much I could improve my DPS output.

Given my equipment and stats, which can be found HERE. Roughly how high should my ceiling be? On a striking dummy of course.
PS: After I get off work I'm finally going to switch my bonus stats from pure Vit to 50/50 Vit/Str.

You haven't been all strength specced? That's the only way to roll

WolvenOne

You haven't been all strength specced? That's the only way to roll

Had a bit of a survival issue in T13, so that kept me from swapping over when the meta shifted to Warriors going all STR specced. Didn't end up being a problem on my end, buuuuuut, I never made the switch and it never really occurred to me until last night that I might be able to squeeze out a bit more damage without greatly hampering the healers.

FYI: Trying to get it so Living Liquid down to 87% at the end of the first phase in A3S. Right now we're typically at 89%.

RPGCrazied

They really should add more quests to late game, for 47 +. I'm halfway into level 49, and I have nothing left. I know all about leves, FATEs and all that. But quests were easier to do and get lots of XP from them.

Leveling other jobs is even more annoying to level since you can no longer do the story quests and quest hubs.

WolvenOne

They really should add more quests to late game, for 47 +. I'm halfway into level 49, and I have nothing left. I know all about leves, FATEs and all that. But quests were easier to do and get lots of XP from them.

Leveling other jobs is even more annoying to level since you can no longer do the story quests and quest hubs.

Double XP tho.

creid

Doing your leveling roulette once a day should give you a big chunk of XP.

SkyOdin

That was the gap that the daily beast-tribe quests were added to fill. Those are decent exp, if I recall correctly. Though it has been a while since I did beast-tribe quests for leveling purposes.

creid

That was the gap that the daily beast-tribe quests were added to fill. Those are decent exp, if I recall correctly. Though it has been a while since I did beast-tribe quests for leveling purposes.
I think they're fine if you want to casually take a few weeks to get something from 40ish to 50ish, but probably not too helpful for someone who is impatient to get to the next main story quest.

Kenai

I wonder if SE will do anything else to address crafting. Popped by the major areas on my server where people would normally craft and it's completely dead. High end omnicrafters I knew from ARR have capped the jobs but switched to combat or haven't been on in weeks / months. Is SE in Working as Intended Mode? Would they have to fundamentally rework crafting to get people interested in it again? As it stands now, it looks like the community has thrown in the towel on crafting, at least if my server is anything to go by.

I haven't heard anything since they slightly boosted red/blue script acquisition. I know for a fact that they did *not* want Omnicrafters to be a thing again, but I haven't really been able to tell what the upside to "choosing 3 to specialize" has been.

I mean, farming up the mats yourself is a lot of goddamn work by itself with the books and the tons of timed unspoiled nodes on similar timers and whatnot without considering the red script caps or the eventual need(?) for those ridiculously annoying to make green accessories (there's a reason those mats are so expensive, 1.0 esque gathering redux). Yet there's still not much in the way of gear. Some decent food, some furniture, some glamour, but nothing you'd want to take into Savage outside possibly a few pentamelded accessories on some classes. This is on top of the quintessential inventory space problem.

I don't mind it being a grind at all (and tbh it's REALLY not that bad with leves, went from 50-55 crp in an hour on stuff i made that i gathered from botanist that took another hour while afk synthing in 2.x gear and I still had ~70 leves on nq turn ins), but i am certainly disappointed in the restrictions not leading to additional payout compared to the 2.X patches. At this point I feel like they could stand to overhaul the crated battle gear to make it more competitive, but I am not sure if that's the only thing they should do.

But whatever. if there actually aren't that many people crafting they probably will try to implement additional things (whether they are good things or not is a separate question).

iammeiam

If we're being picky about it, they lost most of a week waiting for me to jump ship. And then lost multiple good runs saturday because I'm an idiot.

Depends on Angarys new job and how she does with it.

I swear to God if you people make me do this I'm posting clear vids with soundtracks entirely sourced from Empire.

I'll do it.

chrono01

I forgot to get a screenshot and my secretary is terrible at it. Look at this shameful mess:

I'm incompetent and so is my staff.
Terrible, just terrible. Missing many members, with Garuda blocking yours truly? It's an outrage!

Unfortunately, these are desperate times. If you think you're losing your new PR position because of this, you're wrong. You're not getting off that easily!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Looks fake, no jiggle butt.

Are you wearing the dunce cap? For shame.

Wait there's like 3 of them

chrono01

Looks fake, no jiggle butt.
The jiggle wasn't captured in the screenshot. Unfortunately, you must experience the jiggle in-person. :(

Be honest Makoto. What class do you think Qhon is.
He's a tank and diverts damage from being inflicted upon me. That's good enough for me.

All you tanks look the same to me.

Wow made angary brown like a potato, typical makoto.
I was going to outright draw a potato, but I thought that would taking things too far.

Top Bottom