• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wanna feel old even though you're in mid-twenties/thirties/whatevers? Open your FFXIV screenshot archive and remember all the fun you used to have.

Redx508

Yes it is, which is infinitely more exciting than FFXIV.

giphy.gif

can't wait

Wazzy

Banned
Got Levi Pony a couple days ago and I love it. It's my first one and I'm quite happy with it.

Also I started PVP yesterday and I'm actually really enjoying Seal Rock. I played a lot yesterday and got my rank to 11(I think that's where I got it but it might be higher) and I'm almost capped on Eso's because of it.

First coil is so dead. I can't que for it successfully. I finally caught a que after waiting hours for one and the other damn tanks doesn't ready up-que the inevitable domino effect after he's removed causing other people to que down. I can't drum up enough interest in the PF either. All I wanted was a full set of tank gear from the first coil to glamour my PvP gear with.

I saw someone solo the 2nd turn, but I'm not sure a WAR could solo the first turn. I've low-manned all the turns in the first coil, but damn the drop rates man.....

Tabris

It's so weird that you wouldn't just have a number of employees and a bit of redundancy where you can stage vacation times outside crunch time without losing productivity.

They must be running a very lean development budget where developers can only go on vacation at one specific time.

Maybe they need to adopt some Scrum methodology to break up their projects into sprints with multiple groups on staggered sprint timelines.

IvorB

Seems like they are running with very little overhead if they had to cut back on dungeons to deliver other content. I hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot by being too cheap.

aceface

Seems like they are running with very little overhead if they had to cut back on dungeons to deliver other content. I hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot by being too cheap.

Square? Shoot themselves in the foot??? Nah...

(This was intentional right)

iammeiam

HoP is sort of an interesting mechanic because over time it goes from throwing every trick you've got at the target hand to beat the check and see more of the fight, to throwing everything possible at both hands to help with enrage while still burning the target enough to meet the check. The whole fight is kind of that--first you figure out how to survive a thing, then you refine it so you can survive with as little inconvenience/dos interruption as possible.

The tone of the Reddit post is ridiculous, but the general concepts are decent. A3S is rough if you don't understand why you're doing what you're doing, don't have it tailored to best fit your group comp, don't have some way of communicating mistakes to differentiate the "Guys, I fucked up, let's go again." wipes from the "Guys, we're doing this dumb and need to figure out what we need to change." wipes.

scy

At this point of gearing, there's little reason to outright fail HoP. Like, everybody on the right target doing their best single-target rotations. It's an interesting measuring stick for that in seeing how low the difference between the two can go. But HoP is also there as the best way to "cheat" more damage in the fight so getting them to 0-2% difference isn't a huge deal? Most every class has something they can do for extra damage per GCD due to having two targets to hit. HoP goes from a DPS check to more of a "keep them within 4% while doing the maximum to both" check.

Honestly, it's pretty spot on with the biggest hurdle of the fight: Actually assessing what's going on and, most importantly, why it's going on. There's several locations in the fight where you can check progress for overall pacing so there's always some mechanic and how it's being handled that can be questioned with something specific to point at for reference (e.g., HP% from start of Hand phase to start of adds). For all the difficulties of the fight, it's very scripted in terms of timing (+/- GCDs due to boss travel delay at times) so there should be a plan every step of the way with reasons deeper than "because?"

iammeiam

At this point of gearing, there's little reason to outright fail HoP.

is Garuda that little reason?

For all the difficulties of the fight, it's very scripted in terms of timing (+/- GCDs due to boss travel delay at times) so there should be a plan every step of the way with reasons deeper than "because?"

I would kill to know what exactly determines the rotation pre-enrage Cascade. We've skipped ferrofluid a few times, but I still don't understand why he had time for like... Splashes and a cleave last week. It can't just be add kill timing because it's almost always Cascade->Ferro->Enrage, but a couple of times he's just gone weird.

dcye

What is it with you two and putting unnecessary question marks at the end of every second sentence?

"It's kinda weird you know? Like, just meet the dps check? The mechanic is easy? Don't know how people aren't as good as me at the game? Every job in the game is super easy if you aren't a bad?"

Example of every Angary/scy post.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What is it with you two and putting unnecessary question marks at the end of every second sentence?

I was thinking the same thing lol

sorry scy I just think it's funny

scy

is Garuda that little reason?

game is hard

"It's kinda weird you know? Like, just meet the dps check? The mechanic is easy? Don't know how people aren't as good as me at the game? Every job in the game is super easy if you aren't a bad?"

I like the question mark? It's a very nice punctuation? Also, there's only one question mark in both those posts as part of a sentence?

I'm trying to remember the last time you managed to say something useful.

iammeiam

If you want to call people elitist, just do it. Don't couch it behind a complaint that couldn't be worse suited to the posts it followed. I did use a question mark at the end of a question, for which I regret nothing.

dcye

If you want to call people elitist, just do it. Don't couch it behind a complaint that couldn't be worse suited to the posts it followed. I did use a question mark at the end of a question, for which I regret nothing.

Haha I don't care about the "elitism" argument at all, if anything I think the same way. It's just truth.

AwShucks

I feel bad for everyone in this thread that is at end game and wanting more content. I'm still doing the MSQ for the first time and enjoying everything and simply plan on stopping when I beat Heavensward (that's a ways off). I'll never be at that point of "no new content, old content is boring now".

Eh, it's the kind of game where you can just play for a bit after a patch and then just come back when more content drops. That or just take your time experiencing stuff.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yeah I think so.

They did fine, and it was only a guildhest. Just thought it was funny.

Sifl

I had 100 allowances since around a month ago. I used them all up and wish I had used them instead of letting them sit there, sigh.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Well here I'm about to start something I told myself I wouldn't do...

I'm going to start Pony Farming tomorrow after work simply because I want that War Panther Mount and Pony farming seems like the fastest way to get that Achievement for it.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
just do unsynced coil 1

Would it still count? Or does the achievement not check if the party I was farming with actually had 8 players? It only checks if you do it in an 8 player area?

Maybe I'm going blind or maybe its the games horrible interface but is there no way to tell if I already know a minion before buying it off the market board? Of course the game can't handle having the market board and minion page open at the same time, and for minions I know I have it says I have 0 since they're learned and not in my inventory which doesn't help...

Ken

Maybe I'm going blind or maybe its the games horrible interface but is there no way to tell if I already know a minion before buying it off the market board? Of course the game can't handle having the market board and minion page open at the same time, and for minions I know I have it says I have 0 since they're learned and not in my inventory which doesn't help...

Start > Character > Minion guide

Lists all your owned minions.

Start > Character > Minion guide

Lists all your owned minions.

Yes, but the shitty UI closes it when I open the market board and being a pet collector in other mmos I want to buy them all but I can't remember all the ones I already have. It really should say "minion owned" like other mmos of the past 5+ years when looking at them on the MB. =\

Xux

Yes, but the shitty UI closes it when I open the market board and being a pet collector in other mmos I want to buy them all but I can't remember all the ones I already have. It really should say "minion owned" like other mmos of the past 5+ years when looking at them on the MB. =
Can't you do it in reverse and open the minion menu while the Market Board is open? I know that works with the crafting menu.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Yes, but the shitty UI closes it when I open the market board and being a pet collector in other mmos I want to buy them all but I can't remember all the ones I already have. It really should say "minion owned" like other mmos of the past 5+ years when looking at them on the MB. =\
Just use the minion site to find out which ones you are missing.

http://www.xiv-minions.com/

Valor

I like the question mark? It's a very nice punctuation? Also, there's only one question mark in both those posts as part of a sentence?

I guess I just don't see a reason for it? I mean maybe it's just me but maybe you should be more convicted when you make a statement? Instead of hiding behind a question mark you meanie butt?

I just find it funny because I read every scy post in the same cadence he speaks with, so everything meshes together perfectly. I need to find more time to kill in mumble again. I miss you losers.

Arkeband

Banned
The worst part about 3.1 is it means three+ more months of A3S and A4S.

I also don't see them adding gear higher than 200 to any of the 3.1 content (outside of the "random" airship stuff), so literally nothing changes for the people most vocally annoyed by the expansion.

iammeiam

I also don't see them adding gear higher than 200 to any of the 3.1 content (outside of the "random" airship stuff), so literally nothing changes for the people most vocally annoyed by the expansion.

Either the random airship gear is going to be easy to get, or poverty coat/twine will be a thing again for 210 AF2. Less sure on gobdip, but I expect relic to fill in for the over-i200 weapon if it's not. Their catchup patches always make sure to allow for generous gear catchup, and I doubt that changes.

aceface

Like Angary said, Void Ark will have gear upgrade items, probably on a weekly quest or something. I think they already confirmed this by saying that Void Ark gear and upgrade items will be on a separate lockout.

I'll be first in line for my welfare handouts.

Top Bottom