• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Sifl

It'd be nice to get matched with higher ilvl people in Ex Dr to make it go quicker, but there's still an off chance that you'll run into a blm not using blizzard, or a bard using 0 aoe skills, etc.

Valor

Do we think a3/4s nerfs are coming in 3.1 or a later intermediate patch?

They cant be happy with their retention numbers.

I made myself new personal goals. Get the other healer and Devil Gunlady to talk in mumble. I finally broke down the new tank last night. I want to hear everyone laughing goddammit.

Just kick them if they don't talk.

Tabris

It'd be nice to get matched with higher ilvl people in Ex Dr to make it go quicker, but there's still an off chance that you'll run into a blm not using blizzard, or a bard using 0 aoe skills, etc.

Yeah, they should also have things like "Cleared Coil Trial Synced" as a condition to match people.

wilflare

so I realised I have yet to redeem my DLC code for the physical copy of FFXIV ARR PS4 Collector's Edition...
- I tried to redeem it but it no longer works (who can I contact)?

Tabris

Actually yeah, most everything can be carried through.

Instead create sets of trials ranging from easy to savage, and have the most complex trials equivalent of doing your job in an A3S / A4S.

Examples of a savage trial:

1) WHM trial where you need to do X amount of damage while dealing with both aoe and singular attacks on NPCs while ensuring not to take hate.
2) Tank trial where you need to deal with tank busters while doing X amount of damage which would require you to be tank standing effectively (with proper cooldowns to mitigate sword oath stance and ensuring to save other cooldowns for shield oath stancing for tank buster)
3) DPS trial where you need to dodge a bunch of attacks that force certain positionals while doing X amount of damage similar to DPS checks on gaol/hands. And have multiple mob phases too.

For those to happen you would need to have good AI for the NPCs so you are actually acting like your job.

Then use those for matchmaking. So easy players get matched up with each other, medium players with each other, hard, savage, etc.

Teknoman

On that note, finally unlocked The Aery, so i'll be tackling that (or attempting to) tomorrow after work. Hopefully with GAF if enough people are on in this down time, i'll duty finder if necessary.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Void Ark preview info is also up in NA lodestone. Looks like the same stuff that's in the 4gamer preview. Min ilv req is 175.

Ken

The piece with the WoLs and Void Ark behind them is so good.

Gear is meh though. You could say they're from any of the 51-59 dungeons and I'd believe you.

The Lalafell in the Void Ark gear screenshot has a very familiar face...

UM3VGlD.png

ebil

So much of that Void Ark gear looks like it has been recycled from previous sets.

I'm looking forward to the story though. It's going to dig deeper into interesting subjects, like the War of the Magi between Nym, Amdapor and Mhach. Can't wait to see how that'll unfold now the Warring Triad is a thing.

Edit: also, this is totally a Devout hood, isn't it?

67bb968813a6b96cb65327f01b1641b04279d564_1.png

Ken

Does ilvl 175 req mean that the gear that drops will be that lvl? If so, pretty disappointing.

No.

These 24-mans get added between raid tiers, and the gear is usually meant to fill in gaps in your current gear to do the current raid. I'm guessing these will be i200.

aceface

Yeah seeing that preview reminds me how awesome the story was. Unlike the 2.x patches, I'm actually looking forward to doing the story quests this cycle,

Valor

The piece with the WoLs and Void Ark behind them is so good.

Gear is meh though. You could say they're from any of the 51-59 dungeons and I'd believe you.
Agreed. Bard set reminds me of that garbo dungeon set everyone seems to like. I do kind of dig the drg/tank sets butttt ehh.
Half our group is out basically :eek:

Gotta break a few eggs to have something something something bacon I guess whatever

dramatis

Time to dust off the excel worksheet I guess

Yeah seeing that preview reminds me how awesome the story was. Unlike the 2.x patches, I'm actually looking forward to doing the story quests this cycle,
Don't get hyped, what if they give you a boatload of moogle quests again

Arkeband

Banned
Diabolos in the preview is pretty disappointing.

He's a recurring FF summon and now he's been a dungeon boss and is now a zerg/afk/faceroll 24 man boss.

Hopefully the other Void Ark bosses aren't recycled models...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The two rightmost armor sets and the one with the fuzzy hat aren't bad. The rest are booty.

Wish SE would step their armor design game up a bit this expac.

The two rightmost armor sets and the one with the fuzzy hat aren't bad. The rest are booty.

Wish SE would step their armor design game up a bit this expac.

They should just port over a bunch of the Tactics Ogre/Final Fantasy Tactics armor sets like they did with some of the level 60 Dungeon drops.

Give me the FFT Knight armor set please.

Allard

Diabolos in the preview is pretty disappointing.

He's a recurring FF summon and now he's been a dungeon boss and is now a zerg/afk/faceroll 24 man boss.

Hopefully the other Void Ark bosses aren't recycled models...

At least he is getting a better showcase then Atomos. Shown 3 times in the game always as a face roll monster who spits out void mobs, a literal walking gateway of trash. At least in 1.0 there was some hints of a greater purpose but after Crystal Tower I am not sure what to make of its inclusion or if its going to serve some grander purpose later on. The one thing I hope with Diablos in Void Ark is they are planning to setup some proper lore for him beyond what he has done in Amdapor, and since the Magi War does seem to be a focus for this raid it makes at least some sense he would be there.

WolvenOne

The cute new lala is Krile. :O

Void Ark gear looks boring.

I could see it providing some interesting glamour opportunities, especially if it's dyeable. Bit of a step down from WoD gear tho.

Step up from the Syrcus Tower gear tho, so there's that.

Top Bottom