• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Omni

I wonder if I would get less latency as an Australian playing on EU servers than I currently get on US servers.

It's not horrible and I've learnt to deal with it, but I am kinda curious. Probably not >.>

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Ahhh efff me I was planning to let my subscription run out since Fallout 4 is just around the corner but I forgot to cancel the subscription and it kicked in automatically this morning *sigh*

Well I'm invested now so I guess I HAVE to keep playing.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Are you a ninja? Do you do sick deeps?

pls join my static!!!

We've reached the add phase of A3S, but our black mage is quitting the game. If you're interested, send Lorde Doome or Red Xiii a tell ingame, or PM me on gaf for more additional info. We're currently running between the hours of 7:00-9:00 PM ET on TUE/THU/SAT, but can push raid time a little later if need be.
Quoting for new page.

---

EuroGAF leaving Ultros for the Chaos Datacenter. Ultros losing any more people is bad ;_;

What are the main advantages of moving apart from latency? I just don't really know what to expect...

Having PF active and people ACTUALLY doing stuff during EU primetime. As opposed to US servers which are kinda dead during that time. US gaf here but that's the only reason why I'm on an EU server.

plake

Having PF active and people ACTUALLY doing stuff during EU primetime. As opposed to US servers which are kinda dead during that time. US gaf here but that's the only reason why I'm on an EU server.

Yeah, literally this. No one is online when I play on a US server at EU hours.

IvorB

Oh you are on an EU server? What's it like? Is it the promised land? :) What kind of stuff is on the PF there that's missing on Ultros? Sorry, so many questions...

IvorB

Soooo... I've got one freshly minted level 60 Dragoon:

WD7lvig.jpg

I've got to say I dig pretty much everything about how Dragoon plays and it just feels so good to kill stuff as one. My only beef is that the 50+ skills went for more flash instead of animating like authentic weapon moves like the pre-50 skills. But sh*t is pretty complex at 60. Blood of the Dragon feels way more strict than Enochian so I'm looking forward to figuring out how I'm gonna put it all together. Also I'm having a glamour crisis 'cause there is so much nice looking dragoon gear and I keep swapping stuff around.

Garlador

Also I'm having a glamour crisis 'cause there is so much nice looking dragoon gear and I keep swapping stuff around.

This is my big dilemma. All this cool-looking gear and being unable to decide which one to use.

I also don't want to glamour any gear under my max level when I know there's just going to be better gear a few levels up. So I stick with gear I don't like looking at until then.

Such a petty problem, but I'm a petty person. I like looking good, dang it.

Valor

Just glamour a bathing suit or the Coliseum set and make sure you're a female au ra or cat girl. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Jayhawk

The dragon muscle suit is a glamour set that can get some people repulsed and other people impressed and request that you use /visor. The one true glamour set of the game.

Oh you are on an EU server? What's it like? Is it the promised land? :) What kind of stuff is on the PF there that's missing on Ultros? Sorry, so many questions...

Just that you can get stuff done in PF in EU primetime as opposed to an US server where it's pretty much dead right now. I don't have that problem on Ragnarok

My primary HDD died for good last night without warning. It had been a while since I backed up anything so I lost quite a bit. Thank God for Steam Cloud at least. I'm using one of my spare HDDs right now with a fresh Windows 10 installation but still have a metric ton of stuff to get reloaded and reconfigured so I'll most likely be out of commission for a while. Good timing I guess since there isn't much to do until 3.1 and our group just decided to go on hiatus until then anyway.

Goodbye to my Ultros brothers and sisters that are headed for the European data centers. Lots of good times were had and we will miss you! You're always welcome to hang with us in Mumble.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Great just great I really hate it when they schedule Maintenance during USA Prime time.

Omni

Wooo! Got my first Ravana Extreme clear. Took about 40 minutes to get down but once we booted a DPS who kept messing everything up we got it cleanly. Went straight in afterwards and did it a second time without problems.
I say booted but he got angry and left

Just 8 more until I get that White Mage Cane...

Alric

Great just great I really hate it when they schedule Maintenance during USA Prime time.

How long is it going to take. Been playing for about a month and this is the first time I couldn't log in. I don't want to interact with people in real-life, when does my digital one come back.

Xux

How long is it going to take. Been playing for about a month and this is the first time I couldn't log in. I don't want to interact with people in real-life, when does my digital one come back.
Should be back up in nine and a half hours or less.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
All night, its scheduled to end at 3am PDT but I wouldn't be surprise if they hit a few snags and extend the maint a bit. They're migrating the "Euro" servers from an NA datacenter to a Euro one.

Teknoman

My primary HDD died for good last night without warning. It had been a while since I backed up anything so I lost quite a bit. Thank God for Steam Cloud at least. I'm using one of my spare HDDs right now with a fresh Windows 10 installation but still have a metric ton of stuff to get reloaded and reconfigured so I'll most likely be out of commission for a while. Good timing I guess since there isn't much to do until 3.1 and our group just decided to go on hiatus until then anyway.

Goodbye to my Ultros brothers and sisters that are headed for the European data centers. Lots of good times were had and we will miss you! You're always welcome to hang with us in Mumble.

Ouch...you'd think an HDD going out would give some warning signs. Then again a couple years ago, my power supply just died out of nowhere too.

Meciu

OMG! I'm getting ~18 ping compared to 160-170 before! It wasn't that bad and tbh I wasn't complaining but now it's like a whole new game!!

ebil

Just logged in and immediately tried NIN out. Mudras feel much, much better. Hopefully we don't have any bad surprises when the servers start filling up because it's hardly prime time.

Ken

Ouch, close to 200ms now on EU server

You moved to get a late night crew right? Have you tried the bigger NA servers; I would be surprised if even the largest NA servers don't have a decent late community.

Have you tested your ping to JP servers? If it's better you could join something like Tonberry.

Top Bottom