• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Reveirg

Thanks, I asked because I'm quite tired of the old music, especially because imho the music direction – and with that I mean the actual music placement and use – in the base game has been mostly terrible and random

I didn't think the music placement was "terrible" but I prefer looped music for zones and dungeons (preferably dynamic, some dungeons from I think 2.2-2.3 do it really well).

Overall that's really been improved too in HW. Most music loops, and Soken composed a lot of lengthy tracks so we don't get tired fast too.

Stuart444

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-A-Realm-Reborn-Hotfixes-(Jun.-22-2015)/page6
The following adjustment has been made.
・An experience cap has been set for all tradecraft and fisher levequests level 45 and below when completing them at level 50 and above.
*The experience points displayed when accepting the levequest will be the experience amount without its cap.

The following issues have been addressed.
・An issue in “Thok ast Thok (Hard)” wherein spirit gana and moon gana would sometimes stop all actions.
・An issue wherein the job quests “Our End” and “Stairway to the Heavens” would not grant experience points upon completion.
・An issue in the quest “I Could Have Tranced All Night” wherein the NPC to accept the quest is of a different name and at a different location than indicated on the quest log.
・An issue wherein fishing in Heavensward areas would allow obtaining timeworn maps over the allowed limit.
・An issue when using DirectX 11 wherein accepting quests would cause the UI or screen to not display properly. (Windows Version only)
・An issue wherein servers would go down under certain conditions.
・Fixed a number of text errors.

Anyone got a serial code from Square Enix store to register the game on mogstation? I'm still waiting.

It shows up for me under my accoutn on the store site, just registered it on the mogstation just fine. Its kinda weird, they didn't email me about it and my credit card hasn't even been charged yet

Stuart444

I still remember that text issue where the BCoB person would speak Japanese text instead of English. That didn't get fixed for a while lol.

iammeiam

No bard fixes. A number of the problems are probably part and parcel of the new mage play style (Heavy Shot cannot be queued after Repelling without interrupt, inability to immediately use Straighter Shot when it procs (which was like the best part of old bard! queueing the proc before the icon even highlighted!), lag between DoT application and it counting for Sidewinder), but at the very least fixing 'periodically incapable of performing any actions until Bloodletter comes off CD' would be nice.

B-Dex

No bard fixes. A number of the problems are probably part and parcel of the new mage play style (Heavy Shot cannot be queued after Repelling without interrupt, inability to immediately use Straighter Shot when it procs (which was like the best part of old bard! queueing the proc before the icon even highlighted!), lag between DoT application and it counting for Sidewinder), but at the very least fixing 'periodically incapable of performing any actions until Bloodletter comes off CD' would be nice.

Learn to not move during actions. :p

IMBored

Add to that barrage + empyrean delaying the gc and Iron jaws refresh not counting original buffs. Brd too good.

Stuart444

I was kind of hoping they fixed that bug where the AST ability removes the target's food buff. :(

Any chance if could be fixed without it being mentioned?

Depends on when they were alerted to it since they need to fix it, test it and schedule it for a hotfix/patch. Most of these are probably ones that they found before Early Access I imagine. (outside of server ones at least I assume).

Kenai

Depends on when they were alerted to it since they need to fix it, test it and schedule it for a hotfix/patch. Most of these are probably ones that they found before Early Access I imagine. (outside of server ones at least I assume).

Yea I figured as much.

I fully expect at least one more batch of hotfixes this week with the official launch n all that, so hopefully by this time next week. i guess it's not a huge deal right now, but could be a real detriment in Alexander...

chrono01

"Cloud" interacts with the Lifestream:

dNc97iE.jpg

By the way, I think it's safe to say this was the best MMO expansion launch I've seen.

I personally have had 0 issues and most people I hear just had maybe some login issues for 15 minutes and a couple people mentioned an instance crashing on them.

Most MMO expansion launches come with constant disconnects.

Yeah, I got to agree to that. As a veteran of many mmorpgs and their expansions. This one came surprisingly clean. Easy getting on the first day after only like 20 minutes of getting a new error code, and just a small wait to get on every day since then. Not typical at all of big expansions for major games.

Of course now that I've said that the game is going to be a buggy mess for the next few days since it is the real launch.

Drac

Like some other people, I started playing with the best feature of the expension last night, took down Ifrit and Garuda NM alone o/ Couldn't take Titan because of stupid jail at heart phase (monk 56, still missing some dps so he don't have time to start the cast). It's so stupidly fun, I'm going to run all dungeons and see how far I can get once I'm done with the main quest. I may have to remove the job crystal to use more skills to survive on later instances, I'll see when I hit a wall.

One thing I'm a little worried though is that you can also get into savage mode without lvl and ilvl sync. I hope you don't get achievement if you do it that way so the fights remain legit but it may be a great way to train for the kill!

afraid to change from WAR to DRK for my tank, but damn if dark arts + power slash aint sexy. its so nice to be able to give a big fuck you to the other asshole tanks who don't switch from tanking stance while OTing/try to pull the mob off you as MT. not even rage of halone spam is a match for that

honestly considering taking DRK to 60 first, but i already have DRG at 55 D:

iammeiam

Learn to not move during actions. :p

I actually recorded this happening earlier today because I wanted evidence that it's just flat-out broken.

This is 15 seconds of a boss fight from a level 60 dungeon so kind of spoilers I guess, but it's a pretty good example. I use Bloodletter right before the boss jumps; since there are no DoTs ticking, River of Blood can't proc and Bloodletter takes 15 seconds to reset. I am completely incapable of getting a skill to trigger during that time. As soon as Bloodletter is back up, buttons work again.

Add to that barrage + empyrean delaying the gc and Iron jaws refresh not counting original buffs. Brd too good.

These are kind of more shitty design features to me--EA has a 1.5 second cast time; unless you're using it after a proc'd Straight Shot, using it after anything is pretty much going to delay your GCD (1.5 second cast time for the GCD + 1.5 second cast time for EA = gg), and while IJ actually snapshotting DoTs would be amazing they seem to really want to keep Bard DPS down and letting us prolong opener DoTs forever/until a jump would go against that.

I kind of don't understand why they didn't just make EA a GCD in the first place.

Cmagus

Whoa they really changed leve rewards. I was working on my armorer before maintenance and the one level I was turning in was work 100k exp and now it's worth only 3000 xp.

IMBored

These are kind of more shitty design features to me--EA has a 1.5 second cast time; unless you're using it after a proc'd Straight Shot, using it after anything is pretty much going to delay your GCD (1.5 second cast time for the GCD + 1.5 second cast time for EA = gg), and while IJ actually snapshotting DoTs would be amazing they seem to really want to keep Bard DPS down and letting us prolong opener DoTs forever/until a jump would go against that.

I kind of don't understand why they didn't just make EA a GCD in the first place.

Because f**k bards, that's why. All the immobility of a blm mage, the only stance change with a casting time and the 2nd lowest dps, all at your fingertips.
The EA cast time and the straight arrow proc delay makes me think they didn't even try to use the class. So many times now have I seen the proc and queued straight arrow :(
Thankfully the blood letter bug hasn't occur for me yet,

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I've got the option of taking WHM, BLM, SCH or SMN through the story from 50 to 60. Can anyone help me pick which one to start with? My main was WHM but then I remembered it's a real pain to solo with so I'm not sure where to start.

Tash

I rolled my eyes at this too, but it did lead to
the heartfelt scene where Raubahn wakes her up. I teared up a bit. You could tell just how happy it was that she was alive.

Couldn't agree more about this. I was annoyed but that scene was so totally adoribuls!

Flying feels soooooo good and I really like how they gradually increase the size and amount of elevations in the zones as you go through them. Not to mention the amount of quests that need flying. I was initially confused by the whole "explore everything and do all quests to unlock flying-feel" until I realized that is much more to the zones then what you do at the start, including going back to discover new quests and areas.

I am also loving the new SCH skills. Lustrate change still really hurts on warriors especially (and there is something wrong with embrace scaling as you level..must be..) but I also realize how OP lustrate would be with Dissipation if it would have stayed at %.

_BtB_

Thinking of returning, got to lvl 44 and quit. Did they ever add support for addons or mods? I know Square-Enix were talking about adding in support, but dunno if they ditched that idea or if its still a thing.

Really love the game but I just did not like the mandatory dungeon/raids to advance in the story. Plus I was a terrible healer hehe
But the crafting + fishing was so good :)

Top Bottom