• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Stuart444

My CE arrived.

moAMDp2.jpg

rXussGL.jpg

Looks soooo goood.

Arkeband

Banned
Unlike some MMOs there are enough content updates to justify the monthly subscription fee.

And even for people (like me) who blaze through the content, there's nothing wrong with letting your sub drop for half a month and waiting for a content update.

I won't argue that AU prices for games are kind of ridiculous but subscription fees in MMO's aren't anything new.

I used up all my energy this weekend getting DRK to 50 and now I can barely get 51. And Western Coerth seems empty now since everyone bum rushed 60. This game is ded. ; ;

Damn female Au Ra with the shortest height setting are freaking tiny. Sure not Lala sized but the tallest Lalas don't have to look that far up at them.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The Au Ra female /cheer is the best emote in the game
It's too bad most of the voices make it sound not so great. I'm using voice 8 which sounds good for everything but the battle voices and cheer.

Still not sure how to feel about Machinist. Almost level 42, progress has slowed since I ran out of rested XP. I've been juggling Black Mage and Machinist because I can't decide what I want to play. Haven't made great progress on ether of them.

Damn female Au Ra with the shortest height setting are freaking tiny. Sure not Lala sized but the tallest Lalas don't have to look that far up at them.

I found it hilarious when I stood beside scy's female Highlander and his character was almost double my size

It's too bad most of the voices make it sound not so great. I'm using voice 8 which sounds good for everything but the battle voices and cheer.

I use the super adorable one and it's awesome

/rally is awesome too but has no voice to it

XenoRaven

I'm really enjoying the fact that Battle Litany has a picture of a Dragoon on it, just to let everyone know that yes, Dragoons can buff you now.

Dunan

My launch day strategy guide came as promised; Amazon Japan never cease to amaze me.

Flipping through this book makes learning the new classes, with all those level 1-through-30 abilities just dumped on you at the start, a lot easier. Maps, location names, etc., but it doesn't reveal any strategy for the very last dungeon. The perfect balance:

NEOBK-1816309.jpg

(If anyone wants one of these, drop me a line. Cost + shipping + a beer, and I will send one to you.)

T.O.P

Banned
I used up all my energy this weekend getting DRK to 50 and now I can barely get 51. And Western Coerth seems empty now since everyone bum rushed 60. This game is ded. ; ;

get gud

or just do the dailies while slowly progressing through the story, it's faster than expected to level up 53+ :)

RK9039

Damn, I'm lost. Does anyone know where the level 57 story quest starts? I had to go and do a lot of side quests to get to 57 and now I forgot where it is.

Stuart444

Btw, it kinda sucks that by the time you get all the Currents/Quests the MSQ sends you to a new area :|

Think of it in longer terms. Besides the fact that some new quests can open up in an area after the MSQ sends you to a new one, you'll have access to flying in all the areas for whatever comes our way in the patches to come.

Also to anyone who got the CE, do you have issues with the Eorzea in Motion BD? PS3 had trouble and couldn't play any of the main stuff (though it could play the Titan Super Extreme video which was great to watch again) and the PS4, after several "cannot read the disc", I got it to work but every so often, the video would freeze or slow down/lag like the PS4 couldn't handle it for some reason.

Really weird. Great Trip down memory lane though

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Halfway to 59, but I unlocked all the field currents in all areas, which feels great.
I did unlock all the aether currents in Coerthas Western Highlands and still cant fly
No idea what I'm doing wrong
Did you do the lv 52 quest in Ishgard which allows your company chocobo to fly? It might be required for all mounts other than the Black Chicobo which you get from MSQ.

Dunan

Who here in GAF can craft me a Kirimu Coat out the kindness of their heart? I will be eternally greatful..

I cannot make one of these -- would that I could -- but it looks like this is another FFXII reference (and the more of those we have, the better): that game had a Kilimweave coat, which comes from an Azeri/Turkish style of weaving used in rugs. I'm a little disappointed that Michael Christopher Koji Fox seems to have missed this.

Nose Master

So... I paid for the expansion on PS4 a while back, and it froze during the purchase. After that, it changed the option on the HW SE to "Download", but error'd out every time I attempted to download it. I thought I just got in during an awkward window after early access started, and that'd it work today.

Nope. HW: SE now is listed as "Not available for puchase" on PS Store. The CE seems fine, but they already charged me for the SE. I'm not even sure if I need to talk to Sony customer service or (kill me) Squeenix.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys just a quick question: If you have an activation code for the vanilla game and for Heavensward, you would just need a physical Heavensward disc to play on console, correct? Or is there a free download for the actual game itself? I know some games like WoW does that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So what's the over all consensus for Bard past 50, should I switch over to Monk or Dragoon or get NIN to 50?

DPS4lyfe

Top Bottom