• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Hasney

So what's the over all consensus for Bard past 50, should I switch over to Monk or Dragoon or get NIN to 50?

DPS4lyfe

I'm just ignoring most of the changes right now and playing it the same, other than using Rain of Arrows instead of Bloodletter when there's more than one enemy. At 55 and it's working fine for the story.

Gonna switch to DRK for higher level stuff though or maybe NIN.

AgeEighty

I received mog mail this morning with all my preorder bonuses except the griffin mount. I checked mog station and it's showing that I have "Heavensward Preorder Bonuses" registered, but it also says that I only have ARR registered and not Heavensward. My version is the Steam version.

I did enter my preorder code into Mog Station when I preordered on Steam, but is there actually a second code I have to enter to register the expansion proper?

Semper88

GAF,

my GF wants to play FFXIV too so now the following question.

I'll have to add a windows lisence to my SE account to play on a laptop.
Now i already have a PS4 lisence but we need a second PS4 lisence for her to play on the PS4 as well. Is there a way to add another service account or do we need to make her another PSN account and then buy the game again?

I am confused lol.

Hasney

I received mog mail this morning with all my preorder bonuses except the griffin mount. I checked mog station and it's showing that I have "Heavensward Preorder Bonuses" registered, but it also says that I only have ARR registered and not Heavensward. My version is the Steam version.

I did enter my preorder code into Mog Station when I preordered on Steam, but is there actually a second code I have to enter to register the expansion proper?

The Griffin isn't pre-order, it's collectors edition. And yeah, there's a second code, try clicking CD Key on the Steam entry and see if it comes up? Not sure how it works on Steam.

Spyware

Yes, it should be a separate code in the DLC list on Steam.

AgeEighty

The Griffin isn't pre-order, it's collectors edition. And yeah, there's a second code, try clicking CD Key on the Steam entry and see if it comes up? Not sure how it works on Steam.

Sorry, CE is what I meant, and what I preordered. Guess I'll have to check it when I get home; I wish I could see my codes on the Steam web portal.

Yes, it should be a separate code in the DLC list on Steam.

All right, thanks. That must be what I did wrong.

aceface

GAF,

Now i already have a PS4 lisence but we need a second PS4 lisence for her to play on the PS4 as well. Is there a way to add another service account or do we need to make her another PSN account and then buy the game again?

I am confused lol.

She has to make another PSN acct and buy the game again.

Sorry, CE is what I meant, and what I preordered. Guess I'll have to check it when I get home; I wish I could see my codes on the Steam web portal.

Try deleting some of your opened mail if you haven't already. There's a button you can hit after that to send more mail to you, it's what happened to me anyway.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm just ignoring most of the changes right now and playing it the same, other than using Rain of Arrows instead of Bloodletter when there's more than one enemy. At 55 and it's working fine for the story.

Yeah, I was considering just playing it same as I always have although I've yet to see the brunt of the changes as I've been leveling other DPS, but I can already say I'm not keen on RoA losing it's TP and sharing a cooldown with Bloodletter. >(

ViciousDS

Banned

Doesn't Rain of arrows/death cost a ton of TP compared to the free use of Bloodletter?

Unless I totally didn't see the skill change last night when I started again lol

Roxas

GAF,

I am confused lol.

You can just create a new character for her on your service account?

Edit: Oh my bad, if you want to play at the same time, she will need a seperate account and will have to buy the game herself

Thoraxes

Illustrator: Kazuya Takahashi

They posted a clean version too fyi.

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a94e07a39471ec3aee148059f411cb8f16fc35b9_2.jpg

heavenv5bze.jpg

ViciousDS

Banned
GAF,

I am confused lol.

1 copy per system per account.

So if you both want to play at the same time on PS4 using two PS4's....you would need to buy two copies and use two different PSN ID's as they are tied to the square enix account.

Either way only one person can use the account at a time. However for every new expansion you would have to buy the PC version and PS4 version to use it on both systems. BUT, this would only count for one account.

PSN ID is attached to the Square Enix account

I seriously wish they just did the account system like FFXI

As much as I hated PlayOnline at least I could buy a used FFXI disc and install it on my 360 or PC since I already had an account.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know if I can buy the Heavensward upgrade on Steam if I don't have the original on Steam? (I have the boxed FFXIV base game already registered on Mogstation)

Would that allow me to launch the game from Steam natively (i.e. not as a "Non-steam game"?) I'm OCD like that.

Also I have a PS4 FFXIV CE coming in the mail, just to make sure that doesn't give me access to HW on PC right?

Hasney

Anyone know if I can buy the Heavensward upgrade on Steam if I don't have the original on Steam? (I have the boxed FFXIV base game already registered on Mogstation)

Would that allow me to launch the game from Steam natively (i.e. not as a "Non-steam game"?) I'm OCD like that.

Also I have a PS4 FFXIV CE coming in the mail, just to make sure that doesn't give me access to HW on PC right?

You can't, no. You'd have to have the original on Steam as well.

ViciousDS

Banned

Damn your OCD......I would have said just buy it on GMG because they deliver insanely fast.

oooooooooo read this

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2z88aa/steam_copies_of_ffxiv_heavensward_can_only/

Jomjom

Banned
You can't, no. You'd have to have the original on Steam as well.

Damn your OCD......I would have said just buy it on GMG because they deliver insanely fast.

oooooooooo read this

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2z88aa/steam_copies_of_ffxiv_heavensward_can_only/

Damn ittttttt! I hate my OCD. So I would have to buy the original and HW on Steam again. That's harsh.

Thanks for the responses guys.

So I assume also no more playing on PC and PS4 with just a copy of one or the other this time around as well?

_woLf

That hotfix didn't fix the bard skill locking issue, did it :(

or any of the other root problems with bard in 3.0

ViciousDS

Banned
Damn ittttttt! I hate my OCD. So I would have to buy the original and HW on Steam again. That's harsh.

Thanks for the responses guys.

So I assume also no more playing on PC and PS4 with just a copy of one or the other this time around as well?

You couldn't play with one copy before......unless it was bugged. But yes the website even tells you now in the account section which copies you own in a spreadsheet basically.

Cmagus

In that case you would still need the disc in the first place, though. I'm assuming since it's codes for both you will at the least need the Heavensward disc at once, then.

Pretty sure you can just download the client and download the game here. As long as the games are registered on your account it will prompt you to log in and should download.

FFXIV Client

Once you register the game on mogstation it should let you download the game if I'm not mistaken. I remember I was able to download the full game for PC with this without the disc when I didn't have it on me.

Jomjom

Banned
You couldn't play with one copy before......unless it was bugged. But yes the website even tells you now in the account section which copies you own in a spreadsheet basically.

Well I mean back then they had the thing where they were providing both copies I believe if you bought just one through that free upgrade thing?

Jomjom

Banned
Oh also are we supposed to have the two preorder item code already? The Baron Circlet and black choco?

I got my preorder code for the PS4 version, but on PSN it only gave me early access and "Standard Edition" for some reason even though I bought the CE.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure you can just download the client and download the game here. As long as the games are registered on your account it will prompt you to log in and should download.

FFXIV Client

Once you register the game on mogstation it should let you download the game if I'm not mistaken. I remember I was able to download the full game for PC with this without the disc when I didn't have it on me.

Is there a console version of the download though? It's not for a PC version.

Munba

Artbook in the CE is not so big but full of nice art. Love that Alexander has very
steampunk
interiors.

Valnen

Found something interesting in the distance today.

http://abload.de/img/ffxiv_06232015_083603dvrt1.png

I'm not going to put it in image tags in case it's a spoiler. I found it in the distance in
The Churning Mists.
This has made me really think, though. I've done more exploring the world with flying than I ever did in 2.0. It feels really strange to me when people say flying stops people from exploring, when in my case it's done the opposite. I would have never noticed something like this had I just been wandering on the ground, forced from hub to hub.

Just for my huge CE in the mail (the one with statue) and i thought this was supposed to come with the original game ARR? Not seeing any code for it anywhere.

WolvenOne

So, what are the chances that they'll create a medium resolution texture pack when they finally drop PS3 support? Game looks so good at a distance, but a LOT of objects fall apart upon close-up shots.

Wouldn't even have to be every texture. I'd settle for all the common surface textures, textures for main characters, and any of the new armor sets. Just that would go a LONG way.

Hmph, for that price you'd figure they could throw it in as a bonus.

Oh well, I'm just glad I signed up to be notified when they were back in stock. Now to go buy the PS4 version of ARR and transfer my PS3 character over.

Mesharey

So if we're 60, what are the things to do?
2 extreme primals and after 2 weeks Alexander normal, that's all?
Other than gearing il170 and upgrade to il180 of course

I'm not 60 yey but close, so I'm wondering.

Nohar

I'm this close to abandon leveling up my Bard (54) and play something else instead... I hate that they changed the playstyle by introducing Wanderer's Minuet. It's not even about DPS: I don't like to be stationary and cast "spells" (except when I'm healing, for some reason). They really rustled my jimmies with those changes. I feel like we lost all the fun of our job.

Allard

Alexander normal in 2 weeks, and in 4 weeks from now Alexander Savage, esoteric tomes, higher end crafting and gathering materials with accompanying weekly red scrips. Basically true end game won't open up for 4 weeks, 2 weeks is merely the prelude to the grind.

Then in 3.1 is the Crystal Tower like raid getting introduced as well as the new relic style questline for weapons and what sounds like exploratory voyages becoming actual content beyond glorified retainer ventures.

WolvenOne

I'm not at sixty either, getting close though.

In addition to those activities you mentioned, you can also work to get other classes to sixty. It's probably a good time for it, seeing as the servers are fairly busy from the expansion. I do realize that this isn't the same as focusing on endgame stuff, but it will suffice to pad things out a bit until Alexander and Alexander Savage opens up.

I'm this close to abandon leveling up my Bard (54) and play something else instead... I hate that they changed the playstyle by introducing Wanderer's Minuet. It's not even about DPS: I don't like to be stationary and cast "spells" (except when I'm healing, for some reason). They really rustled my jimmies with those changes. I feel like we lost all the fun of our job.

Honestly, I don't play bard, and I still sympathize with you on there. The ability to move and attack simultaneously was the most attractive thing about the class. If I wanted to sit still all the time, I'd be leveling Black Mage or Summoner. I mean, it doesn't sound like this destroys the utility or the class or anything, but undoing the playstyle that Bard's have become accustomed to without a particularly compelling reason does sound weird to me.

Granted, I'm okay with forcing Bards to sit still for maximum DPS, but it sounds like the class becomes near non-functional if you try to play it with the old-style in mind. That's a bit much if you ask me. Granted, working on second hand information, so my impression here might be incorrect.

Teknoman

There better be random bosses / random timed challenges during explorations. Need that feeling of danger when exploring uncharted territory.

Top Bottom