• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

DarkKyo

So has anyone switched to Au Ra and regretted it?

I was tempted to for a while but I like my character too much :(

I rather like how mine came out!
K0Z7PVk.png

cAP20Mz.png

_woLf

Was (and still am) strongly considering switching away from catgirl. But then I decided to give my catgirl braided hair for the trip into the cold and never turned back.

Kemal86

Is the Welcome Back campaign active? I'm pretty sure I meet all the requirements but my account is still inactive. Was there a free campaign that took place between April 1 and June 7 that would disqualify people from the current campaign?

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Thought it was a free login type deal, not a "resub and get stuff" type deal.

Nibiru

Banned
I've completed most of the quests in Churning Mists including all the story stuff but after doing more story in the city I can't proceed through the story until level 57. Is there an area I'm missing or am I supposed to do fates and stuff like that? Is the next area after that level 57 story quest?

Omni

Random question! Not related to the expansion, I guess? I don't play this myself xD

If I had a US time card thing and gave it to someone with a Canadian account, could they still use it?

Moaradin

I've completed most of the quests in Churning Mists including all the story stuff but after doing more story in the city I can't proceed through the story until level 57. Is there an area I'm missing or am I supposed to do fates and stuff like that? Is the next area after that level 57 story quest?

Sidequest in Ishgard will take you to some of the older areas and will unlock new sidequest

It sounds like you're where I am.

There are sidequests that unlocked in Corethas West and the Sea of Clouds for level 56.

Edit: What Moaradin said.

Soroc

Haven't been able to log in for the last 2+ hours.....

Damn 2002 error is the worst. Knocks you all the way out to the launcher again, requiring password and one time password entry again. Very aggravating.

Tried the datacenter switch trick but no luck error 2002 on all datacenters for me :(

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sad thingg is that I have fun playinng the class, but the low dps and its dependance in RNG is a bit disheartning. I think Ill wait for them to iron some of the issues to keep levelling it later. And I really wanted this class to be my main DPS class.

Nothin sad about it, there's definitely fun to be had with Machinist and I'd still recommend everyone try it.

Sora_N

Still not sure if I want to switch from Catgirl.

I was gonna change my Catgirl face but I held off so I can try Dragongirls first.

I'll see tonight.

Sorry if it's been asked before but if I have physical HW on PS4 the disc isn't required after installing fight?

FiraB

Banned
Random question! Not related to the expansion, I guess? I don't play this myself xD

If I had a US time card thing and gave it to someone with a Canadian account, could they still use it?
Time Cards: Time Cards, created by Square Enix, are sold at a number of retailers, but are exclusive to the EU and Japan. They add either 30 or 60 days of game time to your account, depending upon which card you purchase. These time cards cannot be redeemed on accounts from other regions.

From the FAQ.

Murray97

I guess I get to show off my Au Ra too, right?

Also I have to wear this hat at all times because of how long the quest line for it was.

e220027ec8.jpg

Nope.

One day I'll post some screenshots of my character on here.

Nothin sad about it, there's definitely fun to be had with Machinist and I'd still recommend everyone try it.

I don't mind the RNG too much. I think you're supposed to mitigate it with Reload and Quick Reload. I don't know if they have any more skills that give you bullets later on. The animations for the skills I have so far are really great.

I just can't catch a break today...after the frustration of not being able to play Batman on my PC because of the horrible PC port, I decided to buy Heavensward and try getting back into FFXIV tonight.

Decided to make an Au Ra on my friend's server, but I can't! Ultros never seems to open up for new characters, and it gets better, after my last few refreshes, NO servers allow new characters right now -_- today fucking sucks.

ViciousDS

Banned
I just can't catch a break today...after the frustration of not being able to play Batman on my PC because of the horrible PC port, I decided to buy Heavensward and try getting back into FFXIV tonight.

Decided to make an Au Ra on my friend's server, but I can't! Ultros never seems to open up for new characters, and it gets better, after my last few refreshes, NO servers allow new characters right now -_- today fucking sucks.

yes, 3am is going to be the only time to probably get in......you have to make a character during off hours.

just beat 2.0 story.....onwards!

also stupid ass Ascians XD

Tendo

I'm confused on the silver feathers thing. I resubbed june 10th so according to the website I should get some, but I haven't received any in my mail. Any idea what I need to do to trigger them?

EDIT: Nvm. I just saw I unsubbed April 11th :(

Our group is looking for a SCH, WAR/DRK, and BRD/MCH for Heavensward progression. Raid times would be roughly 9pm EDT for 3 hours 3-4x a week. If you are interested please message me here.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wait, who is this person I talk to to exchange my silver feathers?

Gears

So if some friends and myself want to get into an mmo, would this be it? I'd like really solid pvp. Much prefer smaller group fighting to the massive battles that have become popular

Murray97

So if some friends and myself want to get into an mmo, would this be it? I'd like really solid pvp. Much prefer smaller group fighting to the massive battles that have become popular

If you are after good PvP then I don't really think this is the game for you tbh.

Have you considered GW2?

RK9039

(The Vault ending Spoilers)That whole dungeon had me thinking of Dark Souls Anor Londo and then that ending!
FFXIV's rooftop ledge bow knight.

Yeah I had the same feeling the entire time, it's a pretty cool dungeon. I really liked the second boss, he had a few cool abilities but that overpower move a lot of damage.

Trying to get into the game again after many months of being gone and now it needs the One-Time password. Only problem is, it refuses to accept or change any of my security questions. I don't know if it's maintenance or something is seriously wrong here...

Gears

If you are after good PvP then I don't really think this is the game for you tbh.

Have you considered GW2?
I have gw2, thought it was pretty boring honestly. Although I just watched a review for this game and from what I have seen it looks fun enough for me to try. Plus there's a trial anyway

Top Bottom