• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Guess I got lucky. I decided to take a little nap after being unable to make a character earlier, and when I woke up and tried again, Ultros was one of the few servers I was able to make my character in ^_^

I think this is one of the more common gaf servers, right? Is there a guild of some kind I can join? My name is Robin Skyward if anyone can help.

Zomba13

Guess I got lucky. I decided to take a little nap after being unable to make a character earlier, and when I woke up and tried again, Ultros was one of the few servers I was able to make my character in ^_^

I think this is one of the more common gaf servers, right? Is there a guild of some kind I can join? My name is Robin Skyward if anyone can help.

Yup. Find a GAF member in game (with a <GAF> tag) and rightclick them and view the free company profile then you can apply there. Say you're from GAF and then register and apply on the Guildworks site here: http://neogaf.guildwork.com/

And if you need a recruit a friend code (you get a circlet that helps with levelling below lvl25 and some other stuff that helps out) you can use this one: R4GUT2C7

I want as many people as possible recruited so I can get a cool mount >.<

Tash

Yup. Find a GAF member in game (with a <GAF> tag) and rightclick them and view the free company profile then you can apply there. Say you're from GAF and then register and apply on the Guildworks site here: http://neogaf.guildwork.com/

And if you need a recruit a friend code (you get a circlet that helps with levelling below lvl25 and some other stuff that helps out) you can use this one: R4GUT2C7

I want as many people as possible recruited so I can get a cool mount >.<

How do you get a code like that? I thought you have to send them an email through the recruit a friend program on the mog station?

Would really love some feathers to get the Twin mount :(

Semper88

How do you get a code like that? I thought you have to send them an email through the recruit a friend program on the mog station?

Would really love some feathers to get the Twin mount :(

my GF decided she wants to start playing too.. so i recruited her, muwhaha.

only downside..... I'll have to buy her/me a gaming laptop and the only decent ones in Holland are 1500,- euro's. Most expensive recruitment ever XD

Qvoth

Lol there's a fate called "Metal Gears Revengeance 2"
Yep, it's one of 7 or 8 heavensward fates that give achievements and loot (qiqirn earring for this particular one)
I really really want the ultima horn, where can you get proto ultima exoplating? I suspect it's also from a fate because this is listed just below the coeurl fedora and suit but before the new primal weapons

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yep, it's one of 7 or 8 heavensward fates that give achievements and loot (qiqirn earring for this particular one)
I really really want the ultima horn, where can you get proto ultima exoplating? I suspect it's also from a fate because this is listed just below the coeurl fedora and suit but before the new primal weapons

It comes from the FATE Prey Online that spawns in Azys Lla but nobody has seen that one so I assume it's an Odin/Behemoth/Coeurlregina type FATE that pops up once every 3 days or so.

azyless

What are the requirements to get into the GAF FC ? Thinking of joining one but I'm only lvl 28 right now.
Anyway, I'm still enjoying the game a lot :) I was kinda disappointed with the first dungeon (it felt looooong) but the ones I've done since then were a lot better so I hope it continues like that. The community has been really great so far too.

edit : Also if anybody wants me to enter a referral code I'd be happy too, though I don't think I'll subscribe until my free month is over.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
How welcome back campaign should supposedly work? I tried logging in (European PS4 player here) but nothing happens, sub expired and blabla. Last time I logged in was around feb. so I should be eligible.

Hasney

How welcome back campaign should supposedly work? I tried logging in (European PS4 player here) but nothing happens, sub expired and blabla. Last time I logged in was around feb. so I should be eligible.

Go to a moogle delivery person.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
All worlds maintenance to implement ver 3.0 hotfixes incomng. (link)

June 25th, 15:00~19:00 JST.

Sorry, I'm too lazy to calculate other timezones.

Tash

Talking about fate rewards, which is the fate that gives half of the Ishgard barding? I think it's in churning mist but no clue which one.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

You need to subscribe, is not a free login campaign.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Talking about fate rewards, which is the fate that gives half of the Ishgard barding? I think it's in churning mist but no clue which one.
It's the last fate of a chain near Zenith iirc.
Don't remember the name, but it's a fight against a huge dragon.

Aselith

Guys I wasn't level 55 when I got with Cid about the one man airship and after I became 55 he's now not offering it. Any idea what's up?

Munba

Finished the main story.
Sincerely, one of the best story in the entire FF saga. The last dungeon and boss is very nice but the final trial is totally incredible... coolness everywhere. Just like the old FF final bosses.

This expansion is a real and huge step ahead of the 2.0. Wow.
Hope the next patches will have the same quality.

Yoshi-p and Crew, exceptional work indeed.
/clap

Tash

I googled it and it seems that the FATE is called Vedrfolnir Devoteth and it pops at 9,36 (Churring Mists).
Barding aside, this fate also gives 60k xp.

Your google foo is better than mine. Was trying to find fate information all day yesterday -.- Once again, thanks! :)

Finished the main story.
Sincerely, one of the best story in the entire FF saga. The last dungeon and boss is very nice but the final trial is totally incredible... coolness everywhere. Just like the old FF final bosses.

This expansion is a real and huge step ahead of the 2.0. Wow.
Hope the next patches will have the same quality.

Yoshi-p and Crew, exceptional work indeed.
/clap

I have been really, really impressed by the quality of the cut-scenes in 3.0. It's a big improvement in regards to facial expression and character animation as well as dialogue and story. It makes me actually feel for the characters (other than
Nanamo dying and Raubhan losing his hand
I never really cared much for any of the character happenings in 2.x) While now I really do feel for all parties involved. Probably also because it's not as black and white as it used to be and character stories and decisions have become increasingly complex.

Tabris

I think dragon girls are the lesser evil compared to cat girls. I rarely see cat girls anymore.

I was thinking of going Elzen for uniqueness but their faces are so ugly. I tried to find the character model like the Captain Ayemar (sp?) but couldn't.

Tash

I think dragon girls are the lesser evil compared to cat girls. I rarely see cat girls anymore.

I was thinking of going Elzen for uniqueness but their faces are so ugly. I tried to find the character model like the Captain Ayemar (sp?) but couldn't.

Say no to Giraffes..

fedexpeon

Banned
So where the rewards for the "Welcome Back" Campaign?
The delivery moogle only gave me the Heavensward stuff, but no silver chocobo feathers.

Reknoc

Just realised that I'm not going to be getting any feathers, even though I haven't played since Feb I didn't actually stop my sub until like, last month or so lol

:(

Tash

07ac0099ec.jpg

Ferr986

So, I'm going to ding 50 today. I still have to do from 2.2 to 2.5. To get exp and level up with these quests I need the expansion?

Tash

So, I'm going to ding 50 today. I still have to do from 2.2 to 2.5. To get exp and level up with these quests I need the expansion?

If you want to level past 50 you need the expansion, yes but you also need to finish the msq to be able to go to the new areas.

Ferr986

If you want to level past 50 you need the expansion, yes but you also need to finish the msq to be able to go to the new areas.

Yea I know about the areas, but I saw the ARR MSQ give exp now so I though I could level from them to +50.

chrono01

Yea I know about the areas, but I saw the ARR MSQ give exp now so I though I could level from them to +50.
Without the expansion, any XP you gain after reaching Level 50 is effectively wasted.

If you're serious about purchasing Heavensward, and you reach Level 50, it would probably be best for you to wait until you apply the product key to your account before you turn anything in.

Qvoth

It comes from the FATE Prey Online that spawns in Azys Lla but nobody has seen that one so I assume it's an Odin/Behemoth/Coeurlregina type FATE that pops up once every 3 days or so.

i heard coeurlgina happens only on umbral storm weather, i think it's called umbral spikes?

Yj2eipS.png

i call this one: "when you run out of good content"

that's the dude herboix or something in dravanian forelands right?
i prefer these compared to quest chains like the in moghouse/zenith, it's much more time efficient

edit: sorry for double post :(

ViciousDS

Banned
I'd listen to it if its about XIV.

Its a cast for all games and news. This week is E3 blowout with my buddy who went to LA for it. But next week I would start normal casting which we would talk about probably batman and ffxiv.

Tonight I get to run around after just finishing the 2.0 story lol

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Post about the maintenance in English

US time:
[Date & Time]
Jun. 24, 2015 11:00 p.m. to Jun. 25, 2015 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
* Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
All Worlds

EU time:

[Date & Time]
Jun. 25, 2015 from 6:00 to 10:00 (GMT)
* Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV

The 10 Silver Chocobo Feathers that I got in the mail, I understand that I can buy ilvl 120 equipment with them, but does anyone know how many feathers the equipment costs? Can I buy a full set?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Man, I forgot how ridiculous farming mob skins by hand was. And material requirements are now pretty high so sometimes you might need 9 skins just to make one item.
Unfortunately I was forgetful enough to completely overlook that your retainer cannot level past the level you yourself have on the retainer's class so since my retainer is conjurer as that was my main before, having leveled dragoon to 60 I am now properly boned.
I don't understand why leatherworking in particular is so hard to get mats for. That's the only craft that doesn't use conventional gathering and doesn't even remotely account for it.

That's 7am-11am GMT+1.

;_; Seriously SE. Only Iceland, a weather station in Greenland and a research station in Antarctica observe GMT now, everywhere else is IST, BST or CEST.

Stuart444

That's 7am-11am GMT+1.

;_; Seriously SE. Only Iceland, a weather station in Greenland and a research station in Antarctica observe GMT now, everywhere else is IST, BST or CEST.

Yup. This bothers me more than it probably should but.... urgh. Though it was even more annoying when Koji said on the stream that "That's 9am GMT for you guys in London" or something. London isn't the whole UK and we're not on GMT.

I hate that this bothers me so much.

Top Bottom