• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Jeels

I have already had a bad run in with an impatient tank while leveling MCH so I am done for now. Not going to be something I run with randos until it is fixed. Got to 48. Just going to use that job to finish some beastmen tribe stuff I never got around to doing to level it up to 50. I actually really liked the job up until that point and felt I was doing it properly just spinning my wheels with no damage output.

My Heavensward experience has been pretty bad so far and pretty much self inflicted. Had to do a bunch of quests to get to Ishgard. Started as a Bard, dislike the changes on a mechanical level plus they seem broken, blindly switched to Machinist, they seem to be in the same boat, their damage is poo and the community is vile towards them atm. Now I am leveling to NIN. I should probably just level MNK and be done with it so I can just get to 60 on a job.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you find a class you like to play as. I know I can always just go back to warrior which has been my main since 2.0. I really want to level machinist to 50 though before I start the Heavensward content.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'll have to get to the Dark Knight Class once I can access it but so far loving the Warrior class. And apparently the Warrior class is the greatest thing to be with the new additions.

Ken

I'll have to get to the Dark Knight Class once I can access it but so far loving the Warrior class. And apparently the Warrior class is the greatest thing to be with the new additions.

WAR will probably be the optimal OT unless something significantly changes.

WolvenOne

It's really funny, because the class really didn't change that much. That DPS stance though. XD

WolvenOne

I'm only lvl49 but the Deliverance stance looks pretty badass in a Executioner kind of way.

Can't wait to try it once I get there.

Well, in and of itself Deliverance doesn't increase DPS for Warriors all THAT much in comparison to being out of Defiance. Combine it with a 500 Potency single target attack though and they suddenly become real powerhouses.

Probably won't compare to most dedicated DPS classes that're being played at 85%+ of their full potential, but still.

DRK can be really brutal on dps but it's just about learning the finesse to weave in DA combos at the right time while watching mp. I think DRK will be able to replace either one pretty easily because if you want a totally defensive DRK that's the easiest one to play, while the more balanced with dps version requires similar (bit more) skill the way WAR did.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well, in and of itself Deliverance doesn't increase DPS for Warriors all THAT much in comparison to being out of Defiance. Combine it with a 500 Potency single target attack though and they suddenly become real powerhouses.

Probably won't compare to most dedicated DPS classes that're being played at 85%+ of their full potential, but still.

I think Deliverance can be situational and put to good use but I'll probably be lame and stay in Defiance.

WolvenOne

I think Deliverance can be situational and put to good use but I'll probably be lame and stay in Defiance.

Well, when you're first learning a fight you'll probably be staying in defiance a lot. Once you know when it's safe to jump into Deliverance, you'll do it more and more.

I don't really agree with the people advocating staying in Deliverance all the time. For one, no matter how much we feel like DPS our job is to take damage for other players and survive while doing it.

Second, if other players in your party are similarly geared and taking advantage of their classes well, they'll probably have to hold DPS slightly to keep from ripping off you, at least early in the pick-up. In this respect, I'd advocate picking an enemy up in Defiance, solidify your enmity, then jump into Deliverance when it's time to finish the add off. Granted, this is probably a much better battle plan for Adds than main bosses, aaaaaand might not be applicable in raid settings.

Contextually dancing between the two is best unless you're strictly offtanking. It's very fluid to manage and your stacks transfer so all that's really left is good judgement. Sadly it's already becoming common to see mad warriors staying in Deliverance 24/7 and being confused when they lose hate and/or die.

Zomba13

Sanic boom sanic boom sanic booooom
CW4lCz1.png

I always miss the people asking for codes ;_;

If anyone feels like subbing You can use on of these codes:
Z3F4TE65
R4GUT2C7
TRNGU8ZQ

Thinking of leveling MCH after getting DRK to 60. Barely a week has based since Heavensward released so I doubt anyone knows the optimal rotation for it as yet. I haven't run into many in HW content but the ones I have encountered were really good.

Was sarcasm. Probably stemming from how some people have been acting like everyone they run into should be pros instantly at the new dungeons and primal battles, as well as know how to speedrun everything flawlessly.

Yeah that kind of behavior is really aggravating.

MogCakes

Interesting. So the two buffs don't calculate separately from the base potency, but rather will buff based on the potency of the already buffed attack?

My experience so far tells me as much. My jump crits consistently do more damage than my LS/FT combo. The crit chance with jump is base + 10% IR +15% BL, so +25%, comparable to MNK's enhanced IR. For me crit is now more important a stat than det, if only because I enjoy seeing it proc so often.

EDIT: I suppose it's worth mentioning that there's no way for me to tell whether IR and BL multiply or stack, so I'm just assuming it's additive. I'm certain BotD and Power Surge are multipliers though.

And now, it's time for another episode of stupid things you feel stupid for doing or not doing with Chie Satonaka.

I passed by the Aether Current I was missing literally 20 times when I was walking through the sea of clouds.

I just so happened to be in my key items list and realized I hadn't used my Aether Compass not one fucking time.

-_-

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Bismarck Extreme is such an awful, prolonged, gimmicky fight.
I never want to do it again. Thankfully I don't have to (except to get friends up to speed I guess).

Wagram

Finished off the main scenario. It's almost sad at this point how far behind other MMOs are when it comes to storytelling. Square is leaving them in the fucking dust, hell they're leaving their own damn single player titles in the dust now.

aceface

In the spirit of complaining about things on here making them better, I've been running a fever for going on 5 days now which is making my Heavensward experience pretty miserable. Trying to find Aether Currents with a temperature of 103 makes me want to kill myself. As a result I am still sitting at level 53. As soon as I shake this I will catch up to you GAF!!

Sorian

Banned
I never want to do it again. Thankfully I don't have to (except to get friends up to speed I guess).

Cool. Also, I'm sorry that having to click something during a fight means gimmicky.

scosher

Wonder if it would help to have one of the AST cards buff healing potency. My AST is only 32 so no idea if these concerns I'm reading about are legit.

Wagram

Yeah, I absolutely didn't like this fight either. I wanted to fight a primal; not a bunch of adds with gimmicks thrown in. Ravana was much better.

Kouriozan

Woot, level 58 with my SMN, going to do the Vault tomorrow, the new gears are a huge increase to the level 56 ones.
I like being well geared and prepared before doing a dungeon for the first time.

Also, looks like it's time to dump recruitment codes, so here are mine :

N9GVH8RT
P5NE467C

Wonder if it would help to have one of the AST cards buff healing potency. My AST is only 32 so no idea if these concerns I'm reading about are legit.

It'd still be a card, so unreliable, and there's technically already Arrow that increases healing output. They should just look into the existing spells and make them less crap. Lightspeed has potential but not in the way it's designed now. Maybe if it reduced the GCD also for example. Collective Unconscious needs like a massive numbers tweak on both forms. Considering it forces you to remain in one spot while not doing anything(say casting heals), and on top of that the aoe isn't even that big, the healing and damage mitigation should be large. Like 2.5x healing potency and 20% damage reduction. I think tweaking these 2 would go a decent way into making the class a lot better, the rest of the stuff is fairly good. Maybe making the shield on Aspected Benefic shield for 1.5 the amount it heals on crits, similar but still inferior to Adlo. Small tweaks really.

Ruruja

I am absolutely loving the new prices for NQ mats due to airships. It's bonkers. Hope it lasts another week or two because I'm raking the gil in.

Also here is a recruitment code:
A3UQYMKG

{Please Assist}

aceface

So once the GAF airship is made, does everyone get to ride it? Can more than one person ride or is it FC leader/approved only?

LALAFELL MAFIA is lalafells only. Other ones (are there other ones?) idk. Has the CAT AND AU RA WAIFU BUS disembarked yet?

Ruruja

So once the GAF airship is made, does everyone get to ride it? Can more than one person ride or is it FC leader/approved only?

My FC finished ours today. You can only send it on voyages (ventures) at the moment and it requires a flight ticket and ceruleum tank (both purchased with FC credits, so FC leaders will be sending it out probably). Ours will return tomorrow and I'm interested to see how the loot is given out (hopefully FC leaders don't get it all).

Yeah first time getting to 50/60 and I'm enjoying warrior quite a bit. Plays a bit like dps but I enjoy tanking as well and OT role gives you the flexibility of both, looking forward to the offensive stance.

How are dragoons doing? Was thinking of leveling DRG or BLM next.

edit: Oh I see the dragoon's position on last page. lmao

khaaan

Is there a guide or anything out there for getting back into the game?

Its been a few months since I last played and I'm confused. I'm gonna run some early dungeons but I'm still in the "wait, what does this do again?" phase :(

mileS

I have played with about 30-50 fps for most of the game before the expansion. My account isn't active atm but I tried the benchmark and got really bad performance for some reason.

5850 1gig
i5-750
4gig ram

Is it mostly the new dx? I have a choice of either the pc version or ps4. Kind of worried if I'll need to move to the ps4 if performance isn't as good. Not being able to type fast sucks.

Aselith

I need confirmation on a possible bug issue...when you get the one person airship quest from Cid in Foundation to unlock the Aery, does he send you to see Alphinaud in Revenant's Toll as the next step?

Jobias

Hey GAF. I'm a lapsed player but I'm thinking of coming back after seeing all the Heavensward hype. However, I only have a lvl 40-something Warrior. If I understand the FAQ correctly, I'm very far away from actually doing any of the expansion content or playing any of the expansion classes. Is there any advantage to buying the expansion now and playing until I can re-class into Machinist (which, if I understand the FAQ, requires that I finish the main quest and all the patch quests)? Or should I just re-sub now without buying the expansion and commit to getting Heavensward until I'm actually eligible to see any of the content?

Jeels

Hey GAF. I'm a lapsed player but I'm thinking of coming back after seeing all the Heavensward hype. However, I only have a lvl 40-something Warrior. If I understand the FAQ correctly, I'm quite very far away from actually doing any of the expansion content. Is there any advantage to buying the expansion now and playing until I can re-class into Machinist (which, if I understand the FAQ, requires that I finish the main quest and all the patch quests)? Or should I just re-sub now without buying the expansion and commit to getting Heavensward until I'm actually eligible to see any of the content?

Know that machinist is locked behind the expansion. So you'll need to get to 50 with your warrior, do all the 2.0-2.5 story, and then buy the expansion, then unlock machinist.

Top Bottom