• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How hard is it to become an effective lv 60 gatherer/crafter?

I remember that in 2.x you had to do some crazy after reaching the level cap to be able to make/collect profitable things, so I'm guessing that while leveling is not that hard, it gets difficult after that?

Mengetsu

I wanted to get back into FF14 on my PS4 today so I tried to log in after being away for about 3 months but it says my account is not active after I used my 60 Day Game Time Card. I have been trying for hours now to find out where I can reactivate my account. Last timed I played was during the free weekend about 2 months ago? Someone said that may have deactivated my account and it's why I can't update my game from the client but, I can't find any info on how to fix this problem. Can anyone help?

Zomba13

I wanted to get back into FF14 on my PS4 today so I tried to log in after being away for about 3 months but it says my account is not active after I used my 60 Day Game Time Card. I have been trying for hours now to find out where I can reactivate my account. Last timed I played was during the free weekend about 2 months ago? Someone said that may have deactivated my account and it's why I can't update my game from the client but, I can't find any info on how to fix this problem. Can anyone help?

I have no idea really. Have you tried logging into the mogstation on a PC/PS4 browser and seeing if you can do anything from that?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Mogstation then add gametime.
It is pretty cut-and-dry when reactivating these accounts (I just went through it).

Hopefully you used your gametime card on the right account.

Mengetsu

I have no idea really. Have you tried logging into the mogstation on a PC/PS4 browser and seeing if you can do anything from that?

I have and I get the Mog Station saying this:

XEK6o1W.jpg

This promps me to by the game again...

Mogstation then add gametime.
It is pretty cut-and-dry when reactivating these accounts (I just went through it).

Hopefully you used your gametime card on the right account.

I did I only have one account.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have and I get the Mog Station saying this:

XEK6o1W.jpg
[/IMG]

This promps me to by the game again...

Pretty sure you added gametime to the wrong account or are trying to add another service subscription to the same account.

Did you click "Add Subscription" or "Add New Service Account" instead of "Add Game Time Card" when you put in your code?

Where you see FFXIV 1,2,3,4 I only see FFXIV 1

So uh...what's going on with this area? Great looking zone though, they really stepped it up with Heavensward, makes me rather hopeful for future expansions.

That grind to level 59 is getting painfully dull though.

Mengetsu

Pretty sure you added gametime to the wrong account or are trying to add another service subscription to the same account.

Did you click "Add Subscription" instead of "Add Game Time Card" when you put in your code?

I don't know about another account as I only have one...And I used Add game time card because it was a gift from a friend.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I don't know about another account as I only have one...And I used Add game time card because it was a gift from a friend.

You have 4 service accounts according to your screenshot.
Try finding the one with the game registered to it and put your timecard into that one.

dramatis

I remember that in 2.x you had to do some crazy after reaching the level cap to be able to make/collect profitable things, so I'm guessing that while leveling is not that hard, it gets difficult after that?
Not hard. If you don't have the gear post 2.0, it's still pretty easy to get to level 60.

My botanist is higher level than my combat main right now...

Mengetsu

You have 4 service accounts according to your screenshot.
Try finding the one with the game registered to it and put your timecard into that one.

I've always seen those there since I got the beta but when I click them it says they're inactive unless I'm missing something. Iv'e payed for monthly subs on my FFXIV 1 always because that's where my character is. When I put the time card in it was on the FFXIV 1 the same one I always use when I paid my months.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I've always seen those there since I got the beta but when I click them it says they're inactive unless I'm missing something. Iv'e payed for monthly subs on my FFXIV 1 always because that's where my character is. When I put the time card in it was on the FFXIV 1 the same one I always use when I paid my months.

If the service account 1 has your game and game time you should be fine. I suspect your gametime is not on the service account with the game on it. (This is why it asks you to buy the game)

Shit. Just realized I am not gaining xp on my non-heavensward ps4 version. Will I get all the co I collected when I log back in of which had heavensward?

Mengetsu

If the service account 1 has your game and game time you should be fine. I suspect your gametime is not on the service account with the game on it. (This is why it asks you to buy the game)

When I put the game card on it it says this.

tvKTJAq.jpg

On the PS4 it says I can't update because I don't have a service account active. I'm at a loss :/

That red panda minion is awesome but he refuses to drop for me each time I do the Aery. I'm just gonna buy him and save myself the trouble.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That red panda minion is awesome but he refuses to drop for me each time I do the Aery. I'm just gonna buy him and save myself the trouble.
I think I ran Aery maybe 7-9 times when I needed xp and I didn't see it dropping even once...
Not hard. If you don't have the gear post 2.0, it's still pretty easy to get to level 60.

My botanist is higher level than my combat main right now...
What about viability at the max level? Will I be able to gather/make good items or is it still some crazy grind from Supra Tools etc.? (I have a vague idea what those are, but I've heard it was pretty rough to get them)

Aselith

Not super hard right now but you kind of have to be leveled in everything to really make money. One thing that's been very profitable for me is desynthesizing Leatherworking items. I am currently 140 desynthesis (tops is 180) and I can buy items for 7100 gil from a vendor and they result in Wyvern leather which is worth about 45000 and Mythrite Ingots which I think are around 20000 and Fieldcraft 2 demimateria which are only about 1k So like last night I spent around 150k and got about 20 wyvern leather so even if the things dip down to like 20k I still made a lot of money.

All of this stuff is based on the whims of the market. There was a time where I was selling Steel Ingots for like 700 gil a piece which is like 10X their material cost and then by a week later they were down to 200 gil. market values are just very unstable.

The best possible tradesman to be right now is a Botanist as Davarian Mistletoe is basically highest quality diamonds.

I can't tell you anything about post 60 though as I'm not there yet.

LaneDS

How does one create a new character on Ultros? Is there a specific time of day they open it up?

I got my brother to sign up via recruit a friend, and now, uh, we can't play together. Does the game have an equivalent of the FFXI "world pass" system or whatever that was?

Murray97

How does one create a new character on Ultros? Is there a specific time of day they open it up?

I got my brother to sign up via recruit a friend, and now, uh, we can't play together. Does the game have an equivalent of the FFXI "world pass" system or whatever that was?

It was open around 12 hours ago when I checked.

Kenai

I'm enjoying the way AST works but everytime I'm in a dungeon I cannot help thinking to myself. "This would be much easier if I was a WHM/SCH."

It certainly feels like a "Jack of all trades master of none" type of healer. Oh and Collective Unconscious has got the be the most garbage healer skill yet. I have to stand still and not make ANY actions and hope my team-mates come near me for a half-ass shield or regen? wat

Collective does suck pretty bad. I can understand them maybe not wanting us to move, but not being able to do ANYTHING at all is terrible. Who the heck thought 18 secs of standing stil doing nothingl for a mere 10% dmg taken or 150 potency regen is going to be realistic at all? Lightspeed is also pretty niche, good for Stoneskins or Raising or even applying Heavy with Stella but 25% potency reduct is pretty bad.

The cards though...all of them feel quite solid to me. Those buffs are pretty massive and with Time Dilation they can last quite a while.Having for example + Royal Road duration + Time Dilation is nearly a minute of -10% dmg taken on a tank with Bole, which is frankly pretty amazing. TD cd isn't very long either I don't feel like any of them feel weak. I will never call Disable weak either in large part because it stacks with Virus.

I think they need to tweak the "downsides" of their CDs to be less detrimental, but beyond that I am quite happy with the class. Oh and MAYBE not get the same card back to back with Shuffle? Can that be a thing? Pretty annoying.

mileS

Can anyone help. I have played with about 30-50 fps for most of the game before the expansion. My account isn't active atm but I tried the benchmark and got really bad performance for some reason.

5850 1gig
i5-750
4gig ram

Is it mostly the new dx? I have a choice of either the pc version or ps4. Kind of worried if I'll need to move to the ps4 if performance isn't as good. Not being able to type fast sucks.

mrlion

So uh...what's going on with this area? Great looking zone though, they really stepped it up with Heavensward, makes me rather hopeful for future expansions.

That grind to level 59 is getting painfully dull though.

That's where Alexander is located. He appears at the end of the Main Scenario.

Jolkien

Finished the main story, awesome game. A bit disappointing you can't duty finder Bismark extreme. I'll have to look for a group for my two friends and I

mrlion

Finished the main story, awesome game. A bit disappointing you can't duty finder Bismark extreme. I'll have to look for a group for my two friends and I

You will eventually, current content cannot be Duty Find'd, you have to create statics locally first.

iammeiam

So having spent some time with Gauss Barrel, I'm going to go ahead and double-down on my knee-jerk reaction from the Wandere's Minuet announcement. Everything about the way GB is designed says to me Minuet is a hack job lifting of a mechanic designed for another class. I have so much more control over my movement on Machinist. The 123 procs allow instacast, Reload and Quick Reload force procs, and Rapid Fire allows 3 instant casts. Bard gets... one RNG proc we have no control over that allows us an instant GCD. And if we jump on that proc too early it doesn't even work.

I'm not really comfortable enough with Machinist to make any wide-ranging judgments on the class, but Gauss Barrel feels like a designed system. Wanderer's Minuet continues to feel like a poor thought-out last minute copy-paste.

Jeels

Got my machinist to 47 now and was able to explore ishgard a little bit. Holy smokes it wrecks the other starting cities. So beautiful, and the music is perfect.

Kenai

Oh and can anyone tell me the name of the music playing during
the trial by combat
? I thought it was damn near perfect but can't seem to find it.
Edit: N/m, found it.

Korezo

Is the best way to unlock flying by doing main story 1st? Because I can't stand these new zones on foot, and doing the side quests on foot is driving me crazy and making the game experience terrible. Can't reach places because I need to fly, can't go through zones because I need to fly or it's locked, and can't collect all those green things to fly because I can't get to some areas in zone yet... Terrible so far.

MogCakes

SPOILERS

WHY. WHY DID THEY KILL HAURCHEFANT. WHY GODDAMMIT. HE WAS THE BEST BRO WE HAD. FUJDILSAG;HDSIL;AGHIOA;HGIDLS.AHDJLSA.HGIROA;HG

Squishy3

Lol, barely passed the DPS check on Bismarck when I did it the first time. DF gave a really bad DPS lineup and we barely killed the last mob before the wipe attack.

Is the best way to unlock flying by doing main story 1st? Because I can't stand these new zones on foot, and doing the side quests on foot is driving me crazy and making the game experience terrible. Can't reach places because I need to fly, can't go through zones because I need to fly or it's locked, and can't collect all those green things to fly because I can't get to some areas in zone yet... Terrible so far.
The only area that has aetherial currents blocked off that I've been to is Sea of Clouds, but you reach those during a level 57 MSQ. Every other area you'll go to (Western Highlands, Dravanian Forelands, Churning Mists) they're all accessible by foot and you get some from sidequests too.

They know. I nearly spat out my drink when I got that quest.

Moaradin

Finished the story today. It's fantastic. Blows every MMO story out of the water. Better than some single player final fantasy stories too lol

Korezo

Lol, barely passed the DPS check on Bismarck when I did it the first time. DF gave a really bad DPS lineup and we barely killed the last mob before the wipe attack.

The only area that has aetherial currents blocked off that I've been to is Sea of Clouds, but you reach those during a level 57 MSQ. Every other area you'll go to (Western Highlands, Dravanian Forelands, Churning Mists) they're all accessible by foot and you get some from sidequests too.

They know. I nearly spat out my drink when I got that quest.

I can't get to the Dravanian Hinterlands, door to zone is locked. I need to get through to be able to get to the top zone of corthas western highlands to where I believe the compass keeps telling me to go, but I can't.

Qvoth

I can't get to the Dravanian Hinterlands, door to zone is locked. I need to get through to be able to get to the top zone of corthas western highlands to where I believe the compass keeps telling me to go, but I can't.

you enter dravanian hinterlands from dravanian forelands though, south west exit if i'm not mistaken
if your main story quest hasn't told you to go there then there's no big reason why you should go there anyway

Korezo

you enter dravanian hinterlands from dravanian forelands though, south west exit if i'm not mistaken
if your main story quest hasn't told you to go there then there's no big reason why you should go there anyway

Yeah, but the door is closed. I want to go their to unlock flying in corthas already. Idk why it was done this way.

Top Bottom