• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

iamcenok

Perhaps not the best place to ask this but...

Months back I tried the trial on my PS4 but I never subbed. I decided last night to join my friends.

Bought the game -- downloaded -- and it brought me to the main screen where it shows all the patchnotes and of course the Log in. I couldn't log in. Attempt the forgot ID/Password method. I would get a reset password email with a confirmation code but it wouldn't work.

I realize later that Trial accounts aren't really kept. So I go to the website to create an account using my PSN email. Sent it out this morning at 9. And no email at all. attempted it again later. Still nothing.

I try to use the support e-mail and submitted. I got no confirmation e-mail that it was submitted.

I would get some e-mails from Square but not all of them. I've checked my spam folder just to be on the safe side. No go there either.

Just for shits and giggles -- I attempted to use my Yahoo e-mail and instantly I get a create account e-mail. What the flip? WHAT THE FLIP!?

Has anybody else experienced this before? :(
Any ideas?

Caja 117

Yes and yes. I wouldn't bother buying the expac until you are level 50 though. You will get 0 benefits from owning it until that point. Once at 50, you'll still have to finish the ARR story line but with the expac, you'll get getting exp during those quests towards your 60 level cap.

Yeah if you already have ARR just buy the expansion. It comes as a download once you've registered your code for it.

Thanks, I need to get back on it, I never got to play many hours due to my limited time, I was doing a Warrior build, and I think I got to level 14. now that I have vita I can do remote play easily.

Teknoman

Crossing my fingers that it'll be somewhere in between WoD and Extreme Primals. Seems like a good spot to me, enough difficulty so as to require effort, not so much that it should feel like a brick wall to non-raiders.

Hopefully it'll have less trash fights too so the raids can be somewhat coordinated. The only thing I dont like about XIV battles is that when fighting monsters in large groups, it just looks like complete chaos...and not in a good way.

So I'm curious. Can I use the duty roulette to level up from 52 to 53? I felt like I did a ton of quests yesterday and only got halfway there and can't continue the story until I level up and the story is the most interesting part of the expansion for me. I have one dungeon unlocked for level 51 that I could constantly do but I'm not the biggest fan of doing the same dungeon over and over just to continue the story

WolvenOne

3.0 feels like SE giving Yoshida the budget he deserves. Like, 2.0 was a salvage project, take as much of this failure as possible and turn it into something passable, not good, not great, just not bad. And with that he did a fantastic job and turned it into something great even if the main story was a bit iffy in a few places. With 3.0 it seems like SE saw what he did on a salvage job and gave him enough money to actually make something fantastic and he did it. Bigger, better areas, a much better story with a lot more voice acting and higher production values and the ability to redesign major characters from their 1.0 look (outside of stapling a beard or goggles to them like in 2.0). I can't wait to see what the 2.x patches bring and the eventual 4.0.

Agreed, though I'm actually enjoying the original areas a lot right now for some reason. Maybe after spending a week straight in the new areas the little extra bit of variety in the scenary is nice. XD

But, yeah, looking forward to seeing how 3.X turns out.

Which Extreme though? Titan was always considered the "gate" to Turn 5, for example.

Mmm, honestly they could go straight up to Extreme, so long as you're talking as you're talking more along the lines of Shiva, Garuda, or Ifrit. Titan and Ramuh are probably a bit too much though, those were roadblocks for players for a long time.

MogCakes

I wonder if they're going to up the ilvl all the way to i255+. If this game ever hits lv100 cap our ilvls will be sky high, like i500 or something.

Sorian

Banned
I assume the AF2 armor is
being added in after the savage raid is implemented? I thought I remember Yoshida saying it was going to be the best armor stat wise.

I don't think he said it would be the best but everyone's assumption at the moment is that it is the gear bought with esoteric tomes. I think those get implemented with the normal mode raid?

Since I have gotten back into XIV I haven't bought another game since.. I am in love with Heavensward so far. Just really taking my time. Hard not to click those spoiler tags tho lol

Sorian

Banned
Since I have gotten back into XIV I haven't bought another game since.. I am in love with Heavensward so far. Just really taking my time. Hard not to click those spoiler tags tho lol

This isn't a real spoiler, if you clicked this, I am disappointed in you

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't think he said it would be the best but everyone's assumption at the moment is that it is the gear bought with esoteric tomes. I think those get implemented with the normal mode raid?

From what I understood it's Savage Alex gear > AF2 (Esoterics) > Alex Normal > Upgraded Law > Law.

WolvenOne

Hopefully it'll have less trash fights too so the raids can be somewhat coordinated. The only thing I dont like about XIV battles is that when fighting monsters in large groups, it just looks like complete chaos...and not in a good way.

I used to be really organized when it came to trash pulls, but Raw Intuition kinda forcing me to relearn how to move during trash pulls, and it looks a bit messy from a distance so far. Being able to mitigate 20+% percent off every physical hit is just waaay too effective to pass up, but making certain all attacks are coming from the front can be kinda difficult when you're dealing with large mobs.

Yeah I can use awareness to nullify crits, but I still need to face enemies to parry them. Plus Awareness doesn't entirely cover the duration of Raw Intuition.

Sorian

Banned
From what I understood it's Savage Alex gear > AF2 (Esoterics) > Alex Normal > Upgraded Law > Law.

I'd be highly surprised if it's not Savage Alex = AF2. If they don't do it like that then they would be stripping away most min-maxing discussion.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'd be highly surprised if it's not Savage Alex = AF2. If they don't do it like that then they would be stripping away most min-maxing discussion.

Which we don't need. One set coming from the hardest challenge should be the best gear. At least that's how I feel.

Teknoman

Speaking of, I wonder how GAF help nights will run with so many people back / needing to clear pre Heavensward content? Excite?

Sorian

Banned
Which we don't need. One set coming from the hardest challenge should be the best gear. At least that's how I feel.

This only works if everyone gets their own gear set but we already know that casters share, healers share, tanks share, and do bard and machinists share? Yeah, it doesn't work that way, gear optimized for a WHM is pretty junky for a SCH and vice-versa. That's why you need to be able to mix and match pieces.

WolvenOne

I've got mixed feelings on this. Though I might note that if the ilvl gap is close enough you can still min-max a bit. Excellent secondaries can offset the ilvl difference to an extent.

Still, rather doubt there'll only be a five ilvl difference, and it starts getting iffy at ten.

Trojita

This only works if everyone gets their own gear set but we already know that casters share, healers share, tanks share, and do bard and machinists share? Yeah, it doesn't work that way, gear optimized for a WHM is pretty junky for a SCH and vice-versa. That's why you need to be able to mix and match pieces.

Which is a shame.

AgeEighty

Oh man, the grind to 57-60 is real =(.
Oh well, still enjoyable to slow down and play this like a casual.

I got to 58 with my friends in my FC right alongside them more or less, over the early access weekend. Then as soon as Monday hit, they had taken the week off from work and I hadn't... so everyone shot past me. Took me 3 days to get those last 2 levels.

Sorian

Banned
Which is a shame.

It's a shame that each class doesn't get their own unique gear (though esoterics is at least guaranteed to be unique per class so that's a plus) but it's not a shame if we get multiple sets at the highest ilvl. I see no reason why someone would want to take away customization. Min-maxing will always be a huge draw to the high end PvE crowd and it allows experimentation that can sometimes lead to game changing results.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Yoshida said in the past he wanted to do something like that IIRC - specifically the way the first coil stuff was handled was kinda poor.

Teknoman

Im not really in a rush, even though I want to get in on the ground floor of Alexander. Though I also dont really want to be in a static since my schedule doesnt really allow for that.

Hopefully FC parties will just be able to coordinate and get through... I want a challenge, but not something that the majority shy away from until echo.

Tabris

I can finally take it easy on the game for a bit.

Just gotta level WAR to 60 and finish Rav EX.

Otherwise PLD is done (minus the i190 weapon) and WAR will be done after it hits 60 (getting law for STR accessories now).

All of which can be achieved at a casual pace now before Alex.

WolvenOne

every stat on all gear. never gotta choose again. min/maxing problem solved

Heh, I was thinking custom stats, buuuuut I'm not really certain how that'd work. Last time they did custom stats the customization system ended up being pretty complicated. They'd have to simplify it down a LOT if you were going to do it for every little piece.

Sorian

Banned
Heh, I was thinking custom stats, buuuuut I'm not really certain how that'd work. Last time they did custom stats the customization system ended up being pretty complicated. They'd have to simplify it down a LOT if you were going to do it for every little piece.

WTB 30 grade V savage might, PST. Need to upgrade one of my rings ASAP.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Going to try and get the rest of my Law gear this weekend. Shouldn't be too bad considering how cheap everything is this time.

Tabris

Going to try and get the rest of my Law gear this weekend. Shouldn't be too bad considering how cheap everything is this time.

Hunting is the only bad part. I got lucky by finishing my hunting early when it was nice and everyone waited. Now it's just too busy. You play during JST so it may be better.

WolvenOne

WTB 30 grade V savage might, PST. Need to upgrade one of my rings ASAP.

Might work if you could just, pick 2 stats when buying the piece, but that's about the only relatively painless way to do it I can think of. Given their developers history, that'd be shocking. XD

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hunting is the only bad part. I got lucky by finishing my hunting early when it was nice and everyone waited. Now it's just too busy. You play during JST so it may be better.

I was on around 2AM EDT last night and they were still pretty rough. A ranks melting like hot butter before I could even get there. Hoping the upgrade stuff gets added to Alexander at least.

WolvenOne

You can earn an okay amount of seals by doing all your rank 2 and 3 hunts daily. I only hit 60 yesterday, and I'm already starting to near the cap in large part to the seals I earned before hitting sixty.

It's not that much though if you need to upgrade a full set. It's 110 a day from these, and like whatever from the weekly(I wanna say 100 but I honestly don't remember). But you need like 1500 for the armor(5x300 iirc?), 900 for jewelry+belt(6x150) and whatever for the weapon, like 450 or something I already forgot. So it's close to 3000 for a full set, putting it at like 3weeks-ish, which is quite long. Definitely helps though and worth doing, especially since you can use the xp from the mark bills to level alts. The 3rd one stuff might be rough to do on a lower 50, but the rest adds up to like 350k xp which isn't so bad for 30mins of running around.

Doing Bismarck EX last night with some GAF (Tabris, Sorian and Korra) and Spike Flail folk was fun. At the same time, pretty glad I don't have to do that fight again. Don't care about the weapon so no need to farm it.

Can't wait to get in and do some Ravana EX though and get my weapon before Alexander launches.

Sorian

Banned
It's not that much though if you need to upgrade a full set. It's 110 a day from these, and like whatever from the weekly(I wanna say 100 but I honestly don't remember). But you need like 1500 for the armor(5x300 iirc?), 900 for jewelry+belt(6x150) and whatever for the weapon, like 450 or something I already forgot. So it's close to 3000 for a full set, putting it at like 3weeks-ish, which is quite long. Definitely helps though and worth doing, especially since you can use the xp from the mark bills to level alts. The 3rd one stuff might be rough to do on a lower 50, but the rest adds up to like 350k xp which isn't so bad for 30mins of running around.

Knock off 150 from your final number there, can only upgrade one ring, unless you are a tank then I guess you could do one str and one vit.

Knock off 150 from your final number there, can only upgrade one ring, unless you are a tank then I guess you could do one str and one vit.

Ah right only one ring, still that doesn't change much for the general scale. Hunts aren't too bad if you join a PF group or some such and farm them for a little bit though, you get a lot of seals for them. It's just hunts, and no one really likes doing them. Then again, I have more upgrade stuff than gear to upgrade cause it tends to be faster to join in to do a few quick hunts than get myself to queue for the same dungeon over and over, plus I've been leveling alts and stuff.

Just have a quick question about the Job Quest armors that you get at 45. I as able to get my character to lvl 45 PLD and did the quest to get the Gallant pieces back when Realm Reborn first came out and decided to quit. I notice that those job quest now gives you the Valor set instead of the Gallant set. I was wondering if there's a place to get them from a NPC or am I SOL and have to farm for them now?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Just have a quick question about the Job Quest armors that you get at 45. I as able to get my character to lvl 45 PLD and did the quest to get the Gallant pieces back when Realm Reborn first came out and decided to quit. I notice that those job quest now gives you the Valor set instead of the Gallant set. I was wondering if there's a place to get them from a NPC or am I SOL and have to farm for them now?

They give both.

Trojita

Is there a place to get the valor hands, pants, head pieces? I already finished the lvl 45 quest a while back when they only gave you the lvl 45 AF pieces and not the lvl 50 ones.

You'll get the chest piece, but yeah you'll no longer be able to get them from the lvl 45 quest. You'll have to farm the snowcloak era dungeons for antique gear to trade in for the rest.

Now that PLD is at 60 I'm working on bringing DRK and WAR to 60 as well. WAR is at 52 while DRK is at 36/37.

I forgot how satisfying it is to use Storm's Eye. That final hit never gets old.

Do I have it understood right that if you have Berserk up but not Unchained you should just drop Defiance when using Berserk? This is excluding the use of the new stance.

Fehyd

Banned
So, following is spoilerd, if you haven't finished story at level 60, don't unspoiler!

I absolutely LOVED the story.Everything from making a name for yourself in Ishgard, the sad sad backstory for the Dragonsong War, everything seemed to come together to create a great experience. Finding out the story of Zenith, the sad sad music that's tied to that location, the story of Shiva and Hresfelgr. Or Nanamo waking up and jumping into Raubahn's arms. The return of Y'shtola and her subsequent blindness.

I think one of the things that really hit me too were the quests in Matoya's cave, how you learn that Matoya genuinely cared about y'shtola, and it was even more heartbreaking that she knows y'shtola is using her life energy to see.

The sacrifice of Ysayle, and her going Shiva beastmode to damage the Garlean ship. There's just so many epic moments. Heck, even being on the receiving end of Knights of the Round was a great experience, something I honestly didn't expect but should have.

I have to give Yoshi-P, Soken, and the crew major props for that why put together, and I hope it only gets better from here.

WolvenOne

Now that PLD is at 60 I'm working on bringing DRK and WAR to 60 as well. WAR is at 52 while DRK is at 36/37.

I forgot how satisfying it is to use Storm's Eye. That final hit never gets old.

Do I have it understood right that if you have Berserk up but not Unchained you should just drop Defiance when using Berserk? This is excluding the use of the new stance.

Depends how good your enmity is, and how hard the boss hits, but assuming you can safely do so, yes.

Rowena

Neo Member
Hello, I'm on Ultros server after doing a world transfer. Was wondering if there is anyone online at the moment so I can apply for the "GAF" Free Compamy. I've also applied at the Free Company website. Name is Brahim Umbett.

EDIT: I looked up someome using /sea. Applied to FC!!

Sorian

Banned
Hello, I'm on Ultros server after doing a world transfer. Was wondering if there is anyone online at the moment so I can apply for the "GAF" Free Compamy. I've also applied at the Free Company website. Name is Brahim Umbett.

Go to the gold saucer, by the TT tournament board is a naked Au Ra crafting, you can use her to apply.

Edit: that name..... Lol

Top Bottom